the Rift

[OPEN] The Sticky That Holds It

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

THRANDUIL

It seemed only fun things happened when the golden led the duo so, here he was leading his feet dragging ever so grouchy partner around again. Only last time hadn’t gone too happily. Thanks to Deimos. After he shot the alligator the stupid thing didn’t even try. It just blindly seemed to follow. No fun at all. Shaking his horned head the gold looks back. Haldir is with them again, jogging behind as usual. He tried his best to keep an eye on both of them, wanting to always be in the know. Turning back the gold continues on, pushing along the cart the God had given them as he went. Occasionally it would get stuck on a log or hole, but the gold would always push it along till they came to the edge of the meadow and to the Deep Forest. He doesn’t even bother with Deimos this time, honestly, after the stallion ruined his fun last time he didn’t give a shit what the dark devil did. Maybe next time he would try, but right now it was possible the gold was still pouting a bit. Coming to the first pine the gold bows his head, curious move that is…. Ah. He then scarps those sharps horns in scores on the truck, over and over again. When at last the tree was near dripping with sap the golden takes a bucket from the cart and rakes it against the tree, collecting a nice puddle of stick sap. Handing the bucket to the ever willing to help Haldir the gold then grabs several branches and moves back to the cart, wondering what his own partner was collecting.

OOC:: @[Deimos]
Indentity Index:: Ampere, Destry

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

There were only so many things that they could do and Alleo was beginning to wonder what else the Earth God would have them all do. He and Rasta dropped off the animals that they had captured and he grabbed one of the spare buckets and headed toward the forest. He was confident that there would be pairs that would gather clay and mud but he doubted that anyone would think to grab pine needles to mix into clay and mud for any patchwork they might have to do on the ship. He wasn't sure what Rasta would choose to gather, but he was confident that whatever she chose to gather it would be helpful. There was another stallion present and Alleo cast a glance over at him before he continued to gather his chosen item. Overall, the stallion was ready for the tasks to be completed because he had a very odd feeling about the boat and the flood. It just didn't feel right.

"."

ooc://

RASTLEO

Rasta x Alleo

Credits

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I walk steadily, quietly, through the forest, one of my favorite places. December behind me. She's been a little huffy after me, and I guess I could afford to be a little nicer. Maybe. It's the effort that counts, right? I hear this horrible sound of something scraping against the bark of the trees. I wonder if the Earth God would approve of someone DESTROYING a part of him in order to complete his task. I peer through the foliage to see a palomino unicorn doing the horrible deed. I shake my head - stupid unicorn. (Momentarily ignoring that I am a unicorn much like the one I want to reproach.) I come up behind him and snort a not-unfriendly greeting. "Hello, Comrade. I'm Rostislav, this is December." I close my eyes and concentrate. Power surges through my legs, down through my hooves and into the ground. At first I feel unstoppable, all-powerful and I think that all the might of the God of the Earth roars inside of me. I hear cracking, rumbling, and know without looking that stone and sod are rising from the ground around me. I open my pale eyes and look over at the cart that we have brought with us. Then focusing on it, I move all that I have lifted from the ground over to the cart and carefully drop it inside. I gasp for air, feeling the power leaving me completely drained. It's all I can do to keep from falling over, and my legs tremble. The magic of the Earth God is great, but takes a great toll on those who are strong enough to use it. Looking at my handiwork, I think, 'I'm pretty fuckin' awesome.'

WC:
Tag: @[December]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

Thranduil. His scent is pungent even when obscured by the scent of others and those of the pine trees. I've met him enough times that I'm familiar with him, and my nose takes me right to him. I almost forget Ayelet behind me, curious to see what the 'Golden' is up to and if he is also at work for the Earth God. I don't see Thranduil as being one to take kindly to orders from the Gods, but then I haven't seen him in his interactions with them. Of course, it doesn't take me long to find him, scraping at a tree with his antlers. I see a few others approach, none of that I've seen before. A couple stallions, a couple mares. I sniff the air - they don't smell of the Basin or the Edge either. Maybe ... I can eat them? I look back at Ayelet, then down to the ground. How are we going to do this? I look up at Thranduil and say a small hello, then return to the ground. I gather with my mouth a bunch of pine needles that have fallen. Perhaps these will do?

""
@[Ayelet]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia
I told you once, I told you twice
Have you no ears, have you no eyes
If this is love, then what it hate?
Do you understand my fate?

The Deep Forest had appeared a most perfect place of gathering and the Sleuth was quick to navigate the path that led to its threshold. However, as much as she wanted to comply with determination and speed, there was slight lilt in her gait and a soft sway in her hips. Essetia was growing weary and every new task appeared to weigh heavily on the newly appointed spy. Romul had begun to tire as well, but he wore his exhaustion with an air of dominance that often perforated the pair’s bond. When Essetia grew weak, Romul stood strong… he was the only tie that kept the mare’s fragile pieces intact.

When passing into the shade of the forest, the Sleuth sighed and glanced back at her partner. She was aware that they had both taken to silence in hopes of overcoming the fatigue that threatened to down them both, but she smiled at Kiara anyways. “Hopefully we’ll be done soon,” she commented quietly. With that, the spy turned back around and started gathering moss from a nearby tree. They could use it to mop up any water or excrement, because the Gods knew that over a hundred animals aboard a ship would need to use the… facilities.

Image Credits

@[Kiara] and Essetia are crashing.

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

"I know of a place," Öde said kindly to @[Vitani] when they received news of their next task. The repeated running around was beginning to wear on his nerves. He had never asked for a flood, but running amok with the rest of Helovia to safety in the boat had been only a natural response to the inevitable apocalypse of the land - all these chores however, were a different matter. When he became God he certainly wouldn't do nonsense like this.

Öde held onto his anger though, letting it simmer underneath him, and proffering the filly that he had found his nicieties as a balm to distract him from his budding annoyance. He wouldn't take it out on her - he liked her, even if she was quiet, or maybe because she was quiet. She didn't make this any more of a fuss than it needed to be, yet still provided that comfort of a partner that he needed.

They wove their way into the Deep Forest where several horses had already gathered and were harvesting bits and pieces of the woods. Öde watched them all quizzically, recognizing a few from his home, but he ignored them in favor of the pool that held the red stones. He thought they were not only a suitable color, but were also strong, something necessary for this damn vessel. Wading into the pool Öde fished around for a few of the crimson stones, offering one to Vitani so she wouldn't have to get herself wet if she didn't want to.

As he prepared to leave he passed by @[Rostislav], his magic nulling the brute's if he called upon it again to continue to move his earth.

unleash and cut the creature loose

it’s the nature of the beast in you
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
would you mind if I killed you?

Since ruining Thranduil’s latest ploy and ruse, the Reaper was left to his own devices. He appreciated the change, and surmised he should have done it many times before; he likely would have suffered less. Ignored and disregarded was a far more enjoyable method, and he wandered through the Deep Forest’s strange, unholy abyss as though he belonged there, darkness greeting darkness, not bothering to acknowledge other creatures slinking and crawling amidst the thick groves. While others worked, the Thief seemed intent on snagging sap, the beast, the heathen, marched amongst the undergrowth, snatching small piles of moss and sticks. Perhaps they could serve as useful objects for repairs (he was neither engineer, nor mender, and at some point the Lord wondered if there’d be a task meant for war or death, an assignment he could adhere to and be successful with). He eyed them warily, then lowered his head to snag them within his mouth, slithering back over to Haldir and his bonded, almost snorting at the latter’s grouchy, petulant outlook.

[Task 5!]

would you mind if I tried to?

Deimos
Credits

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
White December

Before she knew it they were moving again, bringing the snarling creature to the boat, and listening to the next task. Soon Rostislav was moving once again, making her follow his lead until they had returned once more to the deep forest. It wasn't really her favorite place to be, but she just wanted to get this over with, and so just kept quiet, letting him walk forward with the cart following behind. Soon they were with two unicorns, one scraping against a tree with its horns, which caused the white to wince in an annoyance, before turning to Rostislav, who was suddenly deep in concentration.

The earth shook beneath her, causing her eyes to widen in surprise, and around them dirt and rocks began to lift from the ground, throwing themselves loose and lying still once the tremors stopped. Was this magic that Rosti was using? It was quite impressive, and once she thought he was finished, she began grabbing dirts and rocks, along with a few smaller saplings that had been upturned due to the eruption. She almost didn't notice the brute's change in demeanor, until she finished packing and turned to see him wobbling. Without even thinking she pressed her side to his, holding him steady as steel eyes gazed at him intently, searching for any sign of injury. Finding none, she looked around, seeing others approach, eyeing them all with her calm gaze, surveying if any would take advantage of his weak situation.

It was when the tiger approached that the hairs on her back stood on end, and without thinking she was pushing herself between the smaller draft and herself, knowing that predators honed in on weakness. She seemed civil, saying hello to the earlier unicorn, before looking at all of them. When their eyes met she furrowed her brows, daring her to try and make a move towards her or her partner. She knew that if they were to clash, it would be a rough battle, for although December had a height advantage, the beast had claws and teeth and can grip into her tender flesh and rip down to the bones. If that was what she had to endure though to protect Rosti, then she would, for losing her only friend... that would be something she wouldn't know how to handle.

Once she thought Rosti had gained enough energy to move on, she tenderly pushed him in the direction towards the meadow, taking the cart from his shoulder and slipping beneath it so she could now pull. Her eyes were soft now, looking at him and only him, and although her expression was still rather stoic, she was still gentle, and with a softer voice she spoke,"Let us go, we've got enough supplies. Lean on me if you need the support."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 469
Tag: Rostislav
OOC: December and Rostislav. Destlov reporting for duty! Grabbed some dirt and shit.)>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
-sigh- I am not a damned pack mule...

Torleik realized that somewhere along the way, they'd lost his cousin. This perturbed him - and his thoughts drifted to his brother, Bolverik. Was he doing all right? He should...he should find him to make sure. The Bloodskald would not be reunited with him after believing him lost to fire only to actually lose him to a flood. But for now that could not be done. For now, they were running around, completing errands for the God of the Earth.

This time they were supposed to gather supplies for repairs. Simple enough, he supposed.

"Irelyn, gather sticks and put them in my mane and tail - then we will both carry rocks back to the boat," he instructed his bonded, who set to work immediately. Torleik gathered smaller stones that he could hold in his mouth, packing his jaws full as he could. Speaking was now impossible. Irelyn, once finished gathering nesting materials (her mind indicated that was how she felt), snatched up pebbles with her talons and began the trek back once more. Glancing over his shoulder, the warrior made sure Ophelia was present and well, just in case. He doubted she needed him, but...

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
She moved along with her partner. Even if they had only begun, the tasks were fast wearing on Kiara and Keiran as well. The sooner it was done, the sooner it would all be over and they could rest in the ship thing the God of the Earth had made. Not crazy about being in ship Keiran spoke through thier bond. Kiara felt the same. What all was going to be changed? Was it going to be like starting fresh after the darkness? She hoped not. she couldn't take that again.

As they arrived, it was clear that many others had the same idea. Her eyes widened as she realized not only was her daughter here, but Rostislav as well. They were all together... for the first time in what seemed like forever. See, they safe. Keiran pipped up in her mind. She stayed quiet however and moved about helping to gather the things they needed for the ship.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
I bound quietly along side Öde, Sarabi padding along behind us. I hope I am doing a good job at keeping up with him, as I am sooo tired now. This whole thing was taking so long. I just want to curl up next to my new friend and sleep... Yet it seems sleep will be evading me and Sarabi for a while now. A large crowd had gathered away we seemed to be going. Low and behold, BOTH my parents are here! I squeal with joy at seeing them, but remain close to my partner's side. Momma! Daddy! Sarabi however bounded over to Keiran first, then to Damaris. She stuck close to Damaris in fact until I gave her a look. She was safer by my side than anyone else's.

When Öde moved off to the water, I followed him. I was tempted to try my magic, after all I could make water swirl around in the air! I focused for a moment, but nothing happened. I stared confused. IT always worked... Until now. When he offers my the stone I take it gently. None of this makes sense. Why won't my water swirls work. I pout slightly, but go back to helping gather the things we need for the ship.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
text goes here

Ophelia knew these forests well. After trapping her animal, she ventured in with Torleik, remembering all the meetings for the Grey were held here. The branches blotted out the sky, obscuring the blistering sun. The pale princess padded lightly, her cloven hooves barely marking the ground as she moved. Tinek gathered sticks and rocks in his talons, and she carefully placed a few sticks in her own mouth, looking around with furrowed brows. Where was Torleik? She spun in a circle, bright eyes scanning the horizon and seeing bodies that did not matter. Until they settled on him.

Irelyn was cramming sticks in his mane, and she smiled, walking over with a stick jammed in her mouth and poking him on the backside. She came to step up beside the taller, muscular stallion and walked with him back to the boat, content. Her dragon landed on her hips, showing Irelyn his rocks by shoving his hands in her direction.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

Catch my gaze, I dare you.
They made a funny couple to be sure, him so dark, quiet and myserteous and her, light, pleasant and balletic. Wynter lead the way, she followed Deimos and Thranduil. Ahead she also noted Torleik and Ophelia, ah the joys of being together again! After having dropped off the animals at the boat, not much had passes between Arah and Ulrik. Clearing her throat the doe paused for a moment wondering what she should lead with. "Sure will be glad when all this traveling is over." Arah spoke with a light hearted toned.

Looking around the forest she paused before setting off towards the base of a tree. The ark needed supplies? Supply she would

Both she and her bonded set to work immediately. Sticks were bunched up and stacked upon Arah back or stuck in between the strands of her hair. Leaves were also added to the pile. Smaller stones pebbles were gathered by Wynter, who grabbed as many as she could before setting off back towards the boat. Arah turned to Ulrik with a grin. "Ready?"

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Gathering mud and clay and other things to patch up the boat. Shouldn't the boat be invincible though? She wasn't pleased. Still, she followed Alleo tirelessly and moved with her normal grace. It was only once he settled down that she felt him grasping at tiny things such as pinecones. A good idea, yes but one she also was not sure was going to end up working. Carefully she set down the basket she had grabbed, tipping the wide creation upon its side, and then called for the branches and roots around her to start to sweep thicker twigs and broken branches into the case for easy carriage.

Once done she bumped Alleo's shoulder and then tried to shift her way back toward the meadow. No words left either of their mouths, quite at ease with the silence between them while she attempted to stay out of the way of others who were still gathering things.

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK & KIRCHOFF
Each point in space (and time) is associated with a vector that determines what force a moving charge would experience.

The engineer saw his rowdy cousin and his ice princess again, amused at her poking him in the behind. She had a sense of humor buried beneath all that sass, it seemed. That only marginally raised her status in his eyes, and he turned to Arah, walking through the deep forest in search of - what exactly? Magic glue? The white winter creature at his side had such an up-beat tone and he raised a brow, snorting. "I'll be glad when we don't have to kiss ass to save our own hide," he mused, not afraid of divine punishment for his blasphemy. He appreciated the gods for who they were, but he bowed to no one but the earth itself. For into the earth he would one day return.

The griffin she had was useful, and the stallion looked down at Kirchoff, grimacing. He tossed a stick.

"Fetch."

"Oh, please..." Kirchoff rolled his eyes and remained standing next to Ulrik, sighing heavily.

"Worth a try."

The Engineer lunged forward, diving his horn brutally into a tree. Withdrawing, he revealed sticky sap and used a bucket to collect the amber liquid. This was the only glue he knew that could bind tightly, and once the tree had drained thoroughly, he stepped back, looking at Arah with hardened sap stuck to his horn. Her grin was infectious. He was grinning too. "Yeah," he replied, sending his tall, thick body ambling toward the meadow again, the blistering heat radiating from his black body. Sweat coiled between his legs and dripped down his neck, but he didn't seem to notice much.

(Please tag me in every post)

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Penna wheeled above her head calling softly in excitement. They hadn't done something together like this in forever, and having Ciceron with them just made it that much better for the both of them. The cremello and teal streaked girl laughed happily as she cantered away from her silver knight. Honey eyes danced playfully as she glanced back to him swishing her long creamy tail at his face.

Racing towards the woods thoughts of branches racing through the winged mare's mind. If the Gods wanted their help she would give it, even though she saw no reason he really would need though help. Halting to a walk the girl looked around searching for large enough branches that would be large enough, yet small enough to carry back. Penna screeched from deeper in the woods drawing her forward. He had found a branch small enough she could carry, but large enough to do a decent job patching up a whole. Leaning down to grab the smooth wood she positioned it just right in her tender mouth so her head wouldn't lean either way, before trotting back towards her horned mate.

Speach Thoughts 'Penna'
Words: 189
Notes:

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

After the rather interesting animal gathering episode the grey was hoping that there was not too much else left to do before they could all board. Kiara had more than amused herself with trying to help them catch any stray creature that happened to cross their path. Only problem was trying to convince her to give them up once she had caught them. One or two of the poor critters had not exactly made it back to the boat in one piece but as far as Kiara seen it she was still "saving them". They would just be getting a rather personal ride in her stomach. Shaking his head he knew there were something that it was best not to even argue. It had to be something with felines that gave them this sense of high ranking over all others. Regardless of Kiara's habits of consuming various creatures it still would never change his bond with her.

Emerging from the forest dragging his latest item for the boat he turned to see Parelia with her branch. Well great minds must think a like for they had found practically the same things. Smirking he waited for her to catch up before once again trying to haul his rather giant log/branch from the brush with Kiara seeming to think helping was picking up the pieces that broke off along the way. Well it was better than sitting on the log at least which would have been her first choice if he hadn't beaten her to the thought. What else would the god have in store for them?

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS:@[Parelia] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.