the Rift

[PRIVATE] Valentine (Africa)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Most of this world has fallen to their dreams and the joy they bring. Yar, most. These gentle eyes sweep Africa's frame, assuring myself that she had indeed passed to the land of peace. Only when her breath strokes lengthen, do I dare to creep from that flaming body and slip into the night like a shadow. Leaving companions and beloved partner to rest.

Of late I'd hardly had time to break away, between leading groups onward in the meadow and working at completing tasks for Earth. Hours blurred until the days seemed to fade without much room for extra activities. I passed beneath the arch of newborn cave, its belly dug out by magic, the cold floor smoothed. One wall was dimpled, holding shallow caverns for keeping trinkets and various collectables. The adjust surfaces had been carefully carved in such a way that there was ample space for three individuals to stand comfortably, I'd spent months slaving on this one room. Yet there was more to be done...

The cavern was large, well formed and held together by the strength of our mountain. It was positioned close to the entrance of our home and near my sentry post. All that remained was to fill it with things that she'd favor. Sweet smelling herbs and lavender -- painstaking hours were spent gathering and binding dry grasses together in attempt to make a crude bed.

I'd started working on this project when Africa had taken to spending her nights bedded down in the prisons. I'd not have the dappled woman sleeping in a room whose purpose was always to be ugly out of necessity. Nay. Tis long overdue that the daughter of sun had quarters of her own.

@[Africa]

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Swollen barrel bulged unnaturally towards the roof as she lay motionless upon her naked side, lost peacefully in slumber with Midas close by. Though never fully relieved of her discomfort – of the ever growing, unexplainable ache within – Africa was content enough at last to fall beneath the blanket of her fatigue, upon old leaves and grass, scattered to make good the cold floor of the prison cell.

Dreams quickly ensued and they were a pleasant reprieve from the torture of nightmares that once harried her rest – even if their playful innocence had become increasingly obscure through recent months. So deep was her coma (and that also of the companion perched upon slumped thigh), that the one-winged mare failed to notice the space left when her lover crept from her side and away; even the slow rate of breath did not startle.

Only as the searing light of late morning inched across the defined entrance of her den did she stir at last, and as her elegant neck peeled from the floor, bleary eyes noted without alarm that she was alone. Oftentimes Midas slipped from her side to work - patrol or tend official business. It was an aspect of leadership that she understood well, and Africa never questioned such absence.

With some trouble, she rocked to her knees and paused at length to recover breath lost to exertion; chin dipped to rest the weight of her skull above the flinching skin of her forearm. Another grand sigh and she thrust forelegs forward - so too, the burden of her body against them. It took several tries (she was glad not to have worried Midas with such uncharacteristic awkwardness), but soon enough she was swaying above splayed limbs in the luminous cell she called home.

Quickly she looked for Silas, yet there was no trace – not even thoughts nearby to draw from.

Curious... she hummed softly, and forced cracking joints to carry her outside. Ambling near to the stream to quench her thirst as a priority, she noted the late hour and quirked a brow – it had been a relatively early night also. No wonder he left. Amusement bubbled in her throat, and she dipped velvety grey lips to drink.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
There was no pleasure from the idea of this land soaked; the aged timber destroyed and mountain faces smoothed by rough waves. The impending flood schooled me to keep my efforts toward decor minimal, simplistic. Which is fortunate...I hardly knew my daffodil's from dandelions; further evidence that a males eye usually bore no talent, or creative edge for such obvious details. Aye, had there been time and hindsight, I'd have sought Kiara for advice on herbs and various flora that would please Africa.

As it were, I spent the remainder of this evening/morning searching amid shadows for exotic looking plantlife. Different flowers, berries and vines -- large leaves of various color, shape and size. I knew nothing of their name, thus my selection was wide -- arched over an impressive array of hue and texture. Reds, golds and violets formed the large majority of my labor.

Hours later, the fruit of many trips into the forest lay before me. I selected with ample care, the brightest of each flower and bound those stems together with a golden thread. A beautiful array, which I sat with delicate sand fingers upon a palm leaf I'd plucked from a banana tree deep in the forest. Upon first light, (which wasn't far off) those little blossoms would yearn wider, opening their eyes, wondering upon where they'd been moved.

Other greenery, (mostly decorative weed, granted the title of herb by an unskilled mind) was either hung upon the ceiling closest to the far wall with thin vines lashing it into cracks and crevices, or placed along yon dimpled side.

At long last a weary sigh drew itself from my chest, the beginnings of a yawn swelled almost immediately after. I stiffened, stretching my jaw and glancing out the lip to see a foggy wood becoming increasingly brighter. Lids fell over themselves, silently my mind whispered, 'just a few moments of rest.' A few hours or so later, I awoke to find yon morning sun high above the pine. A discouraged sigh drifts between pursed lips. My intent had been to simply doze for a few moments; instead, slumber has burned a large section of the morning away. Limbs shuffle, following the cliffs, marching fluidly in the direction of our prisons.

Neve came to find me sometime in the night...she flew above, circling, listening...Her sister had trailed off to hunt, and still hasn't returned.

_____

Swelling hips and sloping spine is turned to me, her firey crown bent toward the clear spring that lay her feet. My lips moisted, (though to give thirst all the credit would be false) -- throat sparking a sudden fire, a reminder... Limbs broke their rigid stance and carried me forward beyond the itchy branches and bramble, "Good morning," a warm smile teases her way, I slipped my jaw against the womanly curve of Africa's thigh, brushing with the utmost gentleness. Gilden gems linger softly on her swollen side, then rise with a boyish grin shinning in the center, "Can ye spare a moment? There is something I would show ye."

@[Africa]

Work count: 510
Permission for powerplay has been granted.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
The accompaniment of a gentle greeting with the muffled footfalls through lush grass drew Africa’s pale complexion right around, and quiet eyes were lifted from the sparkling surface of the water with a sudden flare of zeal. Heart ticked a little faster as an affectionate smile lifted both corners of her neat grey mouth. "Midas..." she almost whispered in return, lashes batting together coyly at the suggestion of his smile. The chemistry between them had not weakened since their union months before, and still her skin flinched with raw desire as she surveyed shamelessly the superb architecture of his frame.

Warmth spread like sheet lightning through clouds, as he caressed so delicately her aching thigh – though well rested, discomfort haunted her like a plague – and lids sealed blackness across her world momentarily; a fathomless sigh slipping silently through stilled, velvet nostrils. She failed to noticed the trace of his eye along the awkward shape of her thickened waist, and it was well because she was none too pleased about its existence; the fact that she was having so much trouble shifting it.

In a conscientious – though quite naive - effort to shed the bulge (the stiffness and ringing pain through the supporting joints below), Africa had severely limited the time spent browsing for food, and increased her activity. The tasks were a fine motivation when all she really wanted to do was fold into the cushion of the earth and sleep for an eternity, but still the issue nagged at her like an itch upon the withers of a hermit. It was frustrating, harrying, but as she turned her groaning knees to heed Midas with her full attention, it occurred to her that he never really seemed to notice.

Again the smile spread through her misty-grey features and whiskered muzzle reached to bump against his hot skin fondly. "Of course! What is it?" she answered light-heartedly, curiously, ready always to spend any moment he found spare by his side. Soon enough they would need to return to the meadow below the Threshold also – no doubt there was more to be done for the Earth’s strange craft. Her body drew along his, and though she would probably have hovered close enough for the naked side of her body to brush against him anyway, on this occasion, it was unavoidable.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Her charitable eagerness is more than enough encouragement to breath life into the embers of hope. Uncertainty born from experience dealing with strange woman -- though Africa was far removed from them. I yearned that this former Sultana, my lover, would approve the suggestion of altered bedding arrangements. Her nostrils flare against me, I smile and turn away. Africa falls complacently alongside, my direction is aimed toward the path these feet had traversed only a moment before. Purposely, (though unspoken) my limbs keep their stride shallow, accommodating my usually brisk stride to that of her swaying bulk.

Another flaming frame comes flying in through the canopy, those talons are clean, empty of prey; but the sign of success is a glint in those aqua eyes. She crossed my spine, sharply gazing at the flames that lick upon Africa's neck. The silverly spirit above, also takes this moment to descend from her heavenly spiral, "Hal," she cries and fondly takes position alongside the flaming avian. Her ivory body is growing, already starting to emerge from its childish shell into one of maturing length. When none seemed to be paying attention, Fina dipped her crown, gently soothing her sissa's ruffled feathers that are sticking out in disarray.

Tis not far or long before the shadowy entrance of yon den stands before us. It's gaping stone mouth seems to grin at us with toothless delight upon catching sight of a new mistress. Those (weeds) flowers have bloomed as expected, their goldenrod eyes are wide and beautifully straining to the sweltering sun for nourishment. I steal a sly glance her way, a sheepish smile slips across my jaw, "For ye," voice whispers softly. My unadorned crown drifts aside, along with my frame so she might closer inspect what months of laboring love had fashioned. Eyes sought her reaction, daring to hope for approval. Neve whistled, smiling as big as her jaw would allow.
@[Africa]

Word count: 317