the Rift

[OPEN] Can't Touch This

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I decide that I am going to find the Aurora Basin.

I now wandered from my home, hopeless whispers dancing through my ears about how I will never find my destination and I will fall to my death on this pitiful mission. I had to ignore her. I just had to.
I probably already have, because I probably would have already gone back. But my feet carry me onwards, and I know I am not afraid. I can't afford to be afraid now, I can't afford to be afraid ever on this mission.

By noon, I had gotten out of the valley, and saw the Heavenly fields from a distance. I now felt the cold from the sea, the wind blowing off it onto me...I stood at the bridge to the whole Aurora Basin area. I knew tell of other lands in there as well, I maybe I'd been over there sometime before...
I couldn't pick it from my memory just yet as I step over the border into the fading snow, I start to take shuffling steps forward across the bridge. Water on both sides...what if someone jumps out at me? Hurts me even? I couldn't run forever, and my hooves already ached a little bit...

Oh, Gods.

There was some sort of horse-shaped machine....and as I near it, all I know is that it is not good. I blink, again as I stare up at it. It now blocks my path, and I take a few frightened steps back. -Don't let that little son a bitch hold you! Ram it!!- She told me. I swallowed. "No, it'll kill me and you. I don't think you want that!" I yelled back at Her. I stand in my one man defense line, horn at the ready as I calculate ways to get around.

Not the sea...

I most certainly can't jump over...

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-
GUESS WHO'S 100th POST IT IS?

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Molten and infernal, he presided over his icy wake with sinister supremacy, with demonic dominance, with rotten revolution, and the pattern of his steps marked his callous contortions, marching steadily over the grass, maneuvering straight towards the borders. While his frame infused heresy, clawed and rasped amidst his veins, his bones, his undulating muscles, his features remained indifferent, calm, composed, a devilish structure, an oeuvre to a satanic opus. He pulsed, he pervaded, he surrounded the regime, the empire, with the malicious, abhorrent draw of contempt, for a stranger wandered into their midst, unknown, foolish, and inept: moths to snow instead of flame. It’d happened so many times before that he hardly questioned the amount of ignorant creatures left on this earth; they seemed to multiply like rabbits, flooding the plains with their doofus tendencies and entitled crowns. Perhaps they’d heard of their reputation, the bloodthirsty Basiners, the monsters of the north, the beasts of glaciers and rime. Maybe they’d yearned to see, to explore, to wander into their region, and pretend they escaped unscathed. But their world was no one’s playground, their kingdom was no idiot’s furtive pastime, and if the feral moron dared to tread one more step into their home, there was no promise she’d be able to return to whatever hole she’d crawled out of. Some hadn’t (foolish Sinuhe, basking in her idiocy, some nameless soul he’d dragged across the fringe, unconscious, weakened), forgotten in the midst of treachery and disaster, discarded in the piles of frozen apertures. He approached, intimidating, vehement, reticent features meshed and marbled with the contempt, the loathing, the conspiring of an indignant, irritated King, and if she thought the Sentinels were scary, keeping her a length away from their territory, then she’d truly never heard of him. The Reaper strode beneath one of the metallic guards, blatantly maneuvering directly in front of the grey trespasser, a pressing, menacing, overwhelming presence, uttering one feral, commanding quandary. “Why are you here?”

DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
last from a line of lasts
and now the kingdom comes crashing down undone
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::

They were the beasts of the north, feared and respected. When one failed to acknowledge their boundaries, their borders, their home the doe knew she held a divine right to defend it from anyone who dared cross them. Her golden eyes had fallen upon her sovereign, his dark and menacing form cut out a clear figure from the melting whites around him. The glory of their home was owed to the fear many held towards The Reaper. Indeed, the doe approached him confidently, calmly and elegantly, not missing a step in her balletic gait. For Arah did not worry about what he would do to her, on of his most loyal supporter thus far. Yet, as she approached closer to the man, a shiver rolled down her ivory spine. Death clung to his regal body, egregious was it to cross one crowned in glory and dissolution. One who could so easily obliterate without (she guessed) a second glance.

Mirth lit up her majestic eyes, a smile curving body on her lips as she spied the mouse backing away from the sentinels Ulrik had created. If they scared her surely her King would petrify this most unwelcome guest. Crowned she may be and brave...nay...stupid; an idiot to think she can march upon this land and not received the most unpleasant welcome. Yet the lass is over the border, formally in their lands and under their most diligent care. The air around Arah seems to almost crackle as the magic comes to life inside her. Mind control to remove such a nuisance from their home and then she would wipe their memories clean. They would forget they were at Aurora Basin and met both her and Deimos, they would forget the path down into their home. The doe smiled. They would forget Aurora Basin even existed. Hovering slightly behind her king she waited for the command.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Adoptable
I know that Solanine is up for adoption, but I felt like Cashmere needed to say something to her, and what would she think when she found out that the mare she wanted to apologize to was gone? (Not dead, obviously, but hadn't been seen in a while).

A dark man strode out from behind the mechanical horse things, and I swallow, though it is not too visible, I suppose. His voice is deep, brooding, and off. There was something off about it. I couldn't place it because I had to answer his question. But before I could, a fair lady walked into the light. Where I and he could see her.

-There is something wrong with this...- it was one of the only times I'd ever heard her sound unsure about something. I didn't like it. I couldn't ask her if it was about these two, or the one dark male. I guess it is him. He does have something dark about him. "I am here because I wanted to see Solanine" I said with a regal bow of my head towards him in greeting.

The fear had seemed to drip away from under my skin, the crawling of it lessened until there was none. I didn't let it build up again, I had posted guards at the gates of me I wouldn't let the fear brake my own body again.

"I would like it if you would let me talk to her for just a few minutes. We've had a misunderstanding in the past... " I drifted off. Why wasn't the voice cutting in? I couldn't believe it was just standing there and letting this happen...It just simply wasn't like her. Whoever she was. I wonder of the time I forget who I am, and think of how she is able to just make me blackout. I don't want that to happen ever again, because it really scares me, I don't know what happens or...anything really. Perhaps she is preparing for that. So that she can kick this midnight guy's butt for me.

I am half hoping she doesn't.

"Please, I didn't ask for you to do anything hard, I would only like to see Solanine."

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Heather
He narrowed his eyes, deep, hardened bits of rage and ferocity, and her words nearly cause each and every devilish invocation within to stir, to sear, to unfurl and collide with her frame. Why was it that every stranger, every trespasser, felt they had a right to demand upon them? What gave them the notion that they were entitled to command, to order, to direct and decree? The Lord’s eyes ran upon her encroaching, pariah feet, then lifted his barbaric, unholy gaze back to her features. The monster’s voice loomed and boomed with foreboding destruction, a pending malice, a brewing hostility melded and molded into many avenues of acrimony: they all tried his patience, and they all ignored warnings. His soulless void didn’t care about their requests, had no urge to listen to their injunctions and edicts, because he ruled the north, not they. He didn’t have time for their petty circumstances, for their ridiculous follies. If she remained so incredibly unaware of herd boundaries, of rules and regulations, she didn’t deserve the honor of their collaboration. “Intruders do not receive assistance.” Arah’s presence flowed nearby, a loyal, powerful, potent existence, like an unsung menace, like a serpent’s secrets nestled beneath petals and dew, like a virtuous blossom found toxic and venomous – his stare hastened towards her, only once, for he hadn’t imparted his own bidding yet. The stranger was given a chance at life, to crawl back into her hideaway and form another strategy to find her missing dame, because she wouldn’t be located or obtained in the Basin, gathered between glacial walls and Siberian warrens. “She is not here.” This Solanine, a name not striking him as familiar, as noteworthy, as a constant citizen flickering and wandering through their dusk, through their hallowed halls, was likely no around. Perhaps she’d quarreled with the idiot in front of him, and he could see why (there was clearly no sense lodged in her mind), and they’d left at an impasse; but she was neither careening around their ice nor shuffling through their rime. Maybe she’d disappeared, vanished into the abyss like so many others before her, called away to a higher power, or incapable of harnessing their tactics, their mayhem, their glory. “You will have to find her elsewhere.” Deimos foiled back into silence, his words absolute, his schemes completed. The stranger would have to venture away, empty-handed; if she refused, then other situations and contemplations would have to ensue.

DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
image credits

Her silence remained, calculated gaze trained upon the strangely marked mare. The purple colours that seared her underside caught the eyes to be sure, and the doe knew it was the crown upon her head that allowed the intruder to remain alive for so long. Words, boring and useless spun through the mass of cold air as they reached her pointed ears. Solanine, she had never met this mare herself - she doubted the mare had taken any serious offence from this intruder. Tense situations were often misread and the result was...well this. She may be completely broken herself, but a way to survive is to find purpose. Find a purpose and strive forward with you head held high. Determined and fearless she knew she would be brave.

A frozen sigh tumbled from her lips, her eyes dancing between both Deimos and the mare as they spoke. Still keeping a respectable distance from her King, the doe still allowed her magic to fill with air around her. Electric currents zapped and sparked, her eyes narrowed waiting for this mare to realise that now was the time to high tail it home. Unless she had come looking for a fight, did she truly seek reconciliation or perhaps she was seeking revenge. As Deimos fell silent, Arah's eyes turned upon the mare again, waiting to see just what her next move will be.

This would be the moment to turn and leave, leave them in peace and indeed they would leave her alone. Whoever she lived with would do well to teach their members where they should and should not travel. Perhaps if they had met upon neutral ground her greeting would be friendlier - but this was not neutral.

Adoptable
I stand with my head held high. Watching the midnight man curiously, though not too curiously as to lead to him being suspicious. I was not an intruder. I was only trying to apologize for my words. For my words toward Solanine.

Elsewhere. I couldn't just wander...

But that was apparently my only option, to him. Maybe I could come back later. Find this place again...and then what? Sneak in? I'm sure those mechanical sentinels would murder me cold. I would come back if it weren't for the fear creeping into me again, filling my lungs and throat, almost drowning me in a sweat. Not even from the tallsun heat.

I nod respectfully. "I am here to ask, I do not stand to pick a fight with anyone, if that is what you are thinking. My name is Cashmere, and you?" I nodded to the man. And only him, though I wanted to know the doe's name as well, I kept my chestnut eyes on him. "No need to have hard feelings about his. I am only here with words." I liked the way peace sprouts from my words, though I doesn't want to end this quite yet.

Soon, but I only wanted to know his name, then I would leave. If he didn't give it to me, fine. I would find it myself. Elsewhere.

Just another mission to put myself on.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

“He told you to leave.” A snort resounded through the golden son as he stepped up to the gathering. Pinned ears and narrow earth eyes meet the small party. He hadn’t heard much of the conversation, besides this grey woman wanting to speak with someone, and the dark devil telling her to scurry. Actually it was a rather normal day around here. The gold had been gone lately though, and god he missed it. Not that he had an inner desire to be cruel and vicious, but there was so little going on up here it seemed, that this was like a full Broadway show! Stepping up through the ranks, not even paying attention to Arah’s respective distances. Stepping beside her though the gold he feels charge run up his spine and tickle his soul. Pausing he looks to her, but only for a moment before moving on to stand by the dark devil.

It wasn’t exactly for anyone’s benefit around here though. A dark grin paints across the gold’s features. The fun was great, but to have one come so willingly well he couldn’t have asked for more! The gold inhales, but no gears click. A hark twitches and he steps closer. “So leave.” He inhales again, and the gears turn and click. Now he steps back to the dark devil’s side. “Tell Midas this is for his stubbornness against our friendships.” And that there are darker days to come. The golden would personally make sure of that. Did the dark devil care for the interruption? Meh, for once the golden didn’t give a shit. He got what he wanted. He always gets what he wants.

OOC ::
Identity Index:: Destry, Cashmere
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Heather
He gave her only what she deserved: nothing. Immobile and unmoved, Satan’s ascended cretin lavished and lacquered, planned and contorted, Lucifer’s favored malice with a penchant for design, for anarchy. He was cold and unyielding, rigid and taut, conformed and content to seethe and sear in the gallows of chilling wind or vestiges of belligerent sun, a perfected specimen of devilish condemnation and infernal devastation. She persisted, and he relished in his callous control, in his intimidating finery, in his indifferent, nonchalant wake, painted and cloaked in recherché, drawing not a single blade of sympathy, not a empathetic glance in her direction. His instructions and derision had been clear, labeled in the dominating sanction of prowess, of poison, of puissance, and if she dared to stay one second longer, she may have been forced to feel the indulgence of his strife, of his invocations. While he was the Lord of winter in the midst of summer, he still expected the heat to bow to his will; this idiot was no different. He crackled with grand, Colossus sacrilege, unfurled and unraveled the core of his Mephistophelean delights, felt the lethal courtship dance and simmer, awaken at the slightest hint, the triumphant ecstasy of warnings foolishly unheeded. It formed like a silent, impenetrable wall, a surrounding sanction of demise, of sedition, of delectable finality; if she took one more step into their ruins, into their lands, into their kingdom, his wrath would be the last thing she’d feel. Then he refused her, like he did so many other demanding, entitled fiends, basking in the glow of their claims, their rights, their opinions, with stoic, belligerent relish. “Leave.” Or die, the ultimatum singed, unholy and unheard, an inaudible but puissant promise, because all of his convictions rang true: unrelenting, ferocious, savage, and sinister. Thranduil’s presence, how neatly he edged and etched his frame into the fray (Deimos began to thought that he sought out chaos and bedlam much like himself, and the sentiment itself was dangerous but intriguing), commanding departure as well. The only other interesting notion fumbling into the venue was Cashmere’s herd – the Hidden Falls, reigned by Midas. Was this his way of showing vexation and irritation, by sending an annoying barb, thrown immaturely in their midst? The beast’s narrowed, drawn directly into the silver fool’s features, wondering if the gilded King wanted a message sent back, spelled and dipped in violence, in vehemence, in vitriol.

DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
image credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia the Forsaken

I build bridges with these arms
I will not build a fortress

Ophelia knew she wasn't necessary at this juncture. Arah, Deimos and Thranduil had it perfectly handled, but her strange, dual colored gaze narrowed, eying the gray mare curiously. The pale princess moved easily forward, cloven hooves of perfect balance aiding her sway. At the sides of her protective family and before the great, metal sentinel, she stood. Here, in her home, she had no qualms about using her magic, as invasive and destructive as it was. With her powers she stripped away basic rights, peering where she had no right and without permission, but this is when her powers became useful...

The Lady snuck into the offender's mind, crawling into the deep spaces and wrenching out what she wanted to know. Long ago, she had done something similarly stupid, but childhood age and curiosity were here excuses. Still, they did not save her from nearing death, and only her sister's presence had spared her life that day. This Cashmere was getting more chances than were ever afforded before, and Ophelia was growing tired of the complete lack of respect for her brethren.

When was the last time one of them waltzed into the Hidden Falls looking for someone? Ophelia narrowed her strange, brutal gaze, smiling a wicked smile that spoke volumes of violence and pain rather than friendship. "Her name is Cashmere and she is of the Hidden Falls," she replied, raping her mind piece by piece. "And she is considering coming back later to try to sneak past the sentinels. I wouldn't... if I were you..." she trailed, the grin still marring her features with icy. "Trespassers and thieves disappear in these mountains, never to be found again."

"If Solanine wanted to be here, she would, but she is not. Leave now before I discover more of your secrets and lay them bare for all the herd to hear..."

image credits

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

She hardly noted either Thranduil or Ophelia until they spoke. Glancing at Thranduil she wondered why he cared, from everything that she had learnt about the golden stag he had only seemed to care about himself. Learning that this mare was from The Falls made her pause, the doe would have to step in for this mare's own good. For the kindness The Falls had shown her. Moving to the front of the group Arah allowed her magic to spring out from her body, it wove over the ground before it began it's attempt of capturing the mare's mind. Putting all of her concentration and energy into her ability, Arah began her onslaught.

Eyes trained upon her target, the whispers made their way over (and hopefully) into her targets mind. "Be calm, everything is going to be okay." Taking a fe steps closer towards Cashmere of the Hidden Falls, Arah knew she was doing what she thought was best for her herd and this mare. "Cashmere, you're going to turn around and leave." The whispers were not intrusive, infact they were encouraging. Her golden orbs remained trained on the mare. "Leave now, don't attempt to sneak back and don't ever come back uninvited." Cashmere would never be able to come on a peace mission, never be able to offer her services and the doe doubted she would be able to join the herd after this stunt.

She was relentless in her magic, urging this mare to take the ticket to freedom. Pausing for a moment she pondered what else she should command of the mare. Should she command her to never speak of this? Or perhaps she should just erase her memory...eyes flashed as Arah started at her target. No, she should get this one chance. "Walk away now and don't look back."

[Sorry about the wait!]

Adoptable
So many come in a matter of minutes, seconds maybe that I see it mostly as a blur. Their tones dark and brooding, and I find myself wondering more and more about this strange herd. I wonder if they will even spare me or not...

A handsome man first, his words threatening and dark, he must follow the dark man as well as the deer lady. The dark man had backed up the soundless one with a simple word that now made my insides shrivel.

I now, truly didn't want to be here. It became ever so dark and scary, I didn't like it. But I couldn't be scared. Not here. Not right now. A crimson dipped mare had made her way into view, finding a place with the others before her, defending their territory so ferociously.
A presence had made it's way into my mind, and I couldn't fight it away. It was far too strong for Her to push away either. I could hear her struggles.

The white and crimson mare spills facts about me and where I live. What I think and what I plot, and hearing those words aloud let me realize how weird I was being as of late, way more daring and carefree. I can't believe I have even found my way here, either. Her name again, Solanine. I shook my head, taking a few frightful steps away, shaking legs and daring, though thoughtful, eyes watch the white mare.

How dare you...

My mind starts, and I don't seem to know if it's me getting upset, or the Voice. I really hope it's the voice. I have never felt this kind of rage building up inside me other than the times when she get me upset.

"No." I say harshly, the cold wind whipping by, coming off the mountains and churning waters. "No thank you..." I say, stepping back more, until almost two yards were in between me and them. -What a gathering- I hear her say, and I guess I am impress at this herd as well. They gathered here so quickly, quietly, and darkly.

I wanted to congratulate them, but now was way too obviously not the time.

Was I going to hold a grudge on this mare? I certainly didn't want to. She seemed like one to hold grudges though. But I couldn't just make judgments right now, especially when she could still be there, settling in my mind.

Voices flood my mind as the horned mare takes a few steps closer to me. I watch her with dark eyes, I wanted to jump at her, but I couldn't. Something in her head told her to never come back unless invited.

Unless invited.

Walk away and don't look back...

So, I did. The last words I bid them were "I am sorry to waste your....time. I don't mean to intrude on your lovely herd..." I don't know what is saying this inside me, but it just comes out before I have time to stop it.

Perhaps it is the Voice helping me along so that I don't get myself into more trouble.

I hope so, because now, maybe we are a little bit closer.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-
So so sorry for the wait! We can wrap it up here if you would like! Thank you all!

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread