the Rift

Moonlit Dances

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Come to the deep and dark forest. Do not ignore the pull of the shadows as the sun quietly slips away. Your time is limited. Fate is a meddler and we are its playthings; don't you ever think anything different. Allow yourself to wander deeper. Don't look back! Do not allow the last echoing whispers of the vain sun to call you back. Come closer to where I move as a silhouette against a rounded moon.

Come closer and join my dance. It is intricate so be sure that you know the steps well. This is a dance some were not able to bow out of. It is one that not even I have performed to come out unscathed.

Moonlit scars litter my color stained pelt, each one a closed chapter of my past. Since healed the story of each scar is only skin deep. Perhaps that is all we are; sacks of flesh and bone held together and fueled by our memories.

Throwing my head back I let loose a wordless cry. For it is an invitation that needs no translation. A soul who has the same thirst as mine will recognize a call for battle. Standing alert I wait with a glint in my eye and a wry smile lounging upon my lips. I know that you will answer. Someone always does.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

I can hear your approach.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

My senses sharpen at the promise of your coming.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

Does your heart pound as mine does?

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

I welcome your arrival with a dare.

"Fight me."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Setting: Nightfall in the Deep Forest. A light fog has spread in the area and the full moon leaves the area enough light for the surroundings to be seen. There are a few trees and some brush spread throughout the clearing and it is surrounded by trees from the forest.

Word Count: 268

@[Archibald] you can have the first attack if you would like.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

All of the actions that had transpired lately left the king restless.

Archibald and Loretta moved through the Deep Forest, weaving around the massive, ancient trees of their once home. Memories floated through their bonded minds, memories of pain and respite, refuge and welcome, love and friendship all blooming and twisting together like invasive vines. His wounds from dragon fire were healed here, his skin and muscle being sewn back together to create the thick, charcoal scars upon his body. He found the Grey here, joined their ranks and created bonds deeper than any blood he shared with others. He caught the first glimpses of Circe here, before they took back his precious Windtossed Foothills and she became his, and he hers. In this forest, Archibald and his band of ragtag brothers made the earth shattering decision to kill their mother.

If this forest could talk, it would only whisper of the sins that played out amongst the foliage.

The night closed over the forest and cast long shadows, but the moon was high and bright. Loretta aided Archibald well with her keen canine sight, but Archibald's intricate, intimate knowledge of the forest was not cast aside either. A call trumpeted in the distance, and the Dauntless shot his head up, stopping for only a moment to take in its intent. With narrowed eyes and a furrowed brow, the hulking behemoth moved his path and headed towards the call. Loretta followed just a step ahead, her paws sending her silently and carefully over the fallen needles of the pines that stood strong, intermixed with their deciduous cousins above their heads. Breaking into the clearing, the beastly pair stopped. It only took their war-torn hearts and minds a moment to process what would happen here, and then their bodies were moved to action once more.

Archibald turned to the left, circling the perimeter. Loretta turned to the right, circling the perimeter. Loretta hackles raised and the bitch bared her teeth, a silent snarl ripping the cold features of her face. Archibald snorted and tossed his head some, arching his powerful neck and bunching his muscles. Inky ears dipped to lay flat against his tangled mane, golden eyes narrowed as he watched the opalescent mare, so tiny compared to his mass, and waited for her to strike.

[WC: 385 | PC: 0/3 | Sorry I had you wait so long for this! If you could attack first, that would be awesome! @[Keidajen] ]

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
The world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25