the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm Counting On A New Beginning

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
"I Want To Lay Like This Forever, Until The Sky Falls Down On Me"

The golden mare was far more exhausted than she could have ever expected to be, having done more physical one in the past twenty-four hours than had been required of her since she gave birth to Kiros Amadi. Her muscles ached, her hooves were sore and she was ever so happy to be snug as a bug inside the decent room that her and Artorius had worked for. When they had first boarded, she eyed every little detail in wide-eyed wonder and child-like fascination. Lily pranced about the hallways, passing by strangers and animals and beautiful wood-works all while exclaiming the thoughts that Jahzara had. But now that the massive storm had passed and the boat was rocking on the waves of the Earth God's flood, the hallucination was representing a completely different side of Jahzara. The arabian mare was clearly not meant for the sea, laying with her legs tucked close to her stomach and trying her best to keep herself distracted. This was a feeling she had never experienced before, and the usually energetic Lily was feeling the same nausea. The purple pony was actually green in the face, her stubby little legs wobbling back and forth as she tried to stay upright with the rocking.

Jahzara slowly stretched her neck to better see the figment of her imagination, a slightly amused look of concern in her eyes as she asked if Lily was alright. Her answer was a rather dramatic moan from the pony, who turned her head into a corner to be left alone. "Lily's not...having the easiest time..." Jahzara muttered, pulling her head back to her body as she spoke to the ebony pegasus who had been by her side for this entire adventure. With her blind eye covered by her forelock, she looked up towards the younger stallion with a soft smile. It had been a long time since she had befriended anyone like this, and even longer time since she had put her trust into a male enough to call one a friend. Even so, with all the work that they had done together, every sweet moment that Artorius had managed to give her, she never kept her back to him. Always, she made sure the stallion was kept to her good eye's side, always facing the stallion in some way (aside from when he was flying, of course). Even now, her back faced the wall, enabling her to watch the pegasus as she fought off her seasickness.

"We make...a pretty good...team. Don't you think? Uuugh..." The attempt at friendly conversation didn't help her motion sickness, and she moaned with discomfort while praying that the boat would come to a stop soon. It seemed she was in luck, the rocking began to slowly become steady, and the chatter of the random animals and neighboring equines alerted that the boat ride was coming to an end. Jahzara remained quiet for a few minutes when the boat came to a halt, letting herself adjust to the stillness once again before carefully pulling herself to her feet, her legs wobbling slightly as though her legs were made of jello. "What do you think it's like?" Her dished muzzle turned towards Artorius and his companion, auds flicking forward as a soft smile spread across her lips when she asked his opinion.

OOC: @[Artorius] Sorry for double tag! Changed it to private, lol.
"Talking"
'Hallucinations'

JAHZARA
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable

I stood steady; long, athletic limbs splayed ever so slightly to help fight against the constant swaying of the boat now that the storm seemed to have ended, or so it seemed it had since the sound of rain pounding against the living walls had faded into silence. Emeralds glanced over to the golden mare that just hours ago had been skipping around happily, taking in all the wonders the great ship had to offer, but now she laid in the corner curled up in a pitiful ball. Her back was pressed up against the wall or else I may have attempted to rest beside her and offer what comfort I could in her times of unease. But I couldn't blame her for being wary, even with all of our activities we didn't know each other very well other than the fact that I knew her mind worked in creative ways and she knew I had a newly hatched companion.
A light smile tugged at the corners of my lips as the mare spoke up on how her dear Lilly wasn't enjoying the boat ride either. Shaking my skull ever so slightly I pulled my wings in even tighter to my sides in hopes that giving the golden more room would assist in calming her stomach and her nerves. "It doesn't seem like you are either.." My lyrics came out light and slightly teasing as I looked upon my new friend's body, maybe one day Jahzara would feel comfortable enough around me to not have to keep herself pressed up against walls in effort to create more space between us. Clearing my throat I allowed my vocal chords to begin forming words once again to fill the space the ample room offered. "Do you need water? Can I get you anything? Are you cold?" The words fell out like vomit as I shifted uncomfortably, feeling like a fool for standing here all willy-nilly while a mare was on the ground ill. What kind of a stallion was I?
"We make...a pretty good...team. Don't you think? Uuugh..." The groan emitted from the arabian's body was worrisome and for a second I pondered over the thought of going in search of my mother, surely Alysanne would know what to do to heal sea sickness right? Although at this point she was likely handling a million other cases and I didn't want to get under her skin when things were only just beginning to mend between us. Rather than running from the room I offered a warm smile to the mare before bobbing my star studded skull in agreement. "We made a very good team. I enjoyed working alongside you." Emeralds watched warily as she attempted to get to her feel, wobbling a little as she did so I reached out, taking a small step closer to her in hopes she would get over what fear she seemed to be holding onto and allow me to assist her. "What do you think it's like?" Jahzara's soft voice filled the chamber once again as I tilted my sculpted skull ever so slightly so emeralds would be able to peer out into the hallway before a slight chuckle slid from slightly parted kissers. "I suppose it's much like it was before...just, wet." I grinned before attempting to bump my satin muzzle into her sun kissed cheek as words began to spill forwards once again. "What do you think it'll be like?" what I really wanted to know was would the pretty gold and white want to spend more time with me? Or was our friendship to be terminated once our hooves hit the muddied terrain of what I expected to be the Thistle Meadow...though I wasn't about to voice that question, mostly in fear of what the answer would be.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC
they are so cute <3
TAG
@[Jahzara]
Image Credits
- table by Niki -
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
"I Want To Lay Like This Forever, Until The Sky Falls Down On Me"

When the young stallion reached out to touch her cheek, the golden mare was less than receptive towards the harmless touch. Instinctively she stepped backwards, ears flicking backwards gently towards her mane and her gaze dropped timidly to the floor of the ship beneath her hooves. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment while her tail nervously flicked against her snowy flank. The image of Lily was soon standing in front of her, the hallucination seemingly healed from the sea-sickness when Jahzara's own nausea went away. The purple pony placed herself between the pair, squeezing in when Jahzara had back tracked and raising her nose to the air to look up at the pegasus. 'Oye! Easy there young stud, let's not be gettin' fresh now!' But as the hallucination eyed the stallion with a wary eye, both the pony and the golden vixen relaxed. The pony turned back to Jahzara, her expression slightly puzzled but still not entirely sold on the idea of Artorius touching her best friend. 'It's okay Jay, I don't think he meant anything by it.'

Jahzara trusted Lily's words and nodded slightly towards the knee-high figment of her hallucination, finally lifting her gaze back up towards Artorius. "Sorry, I'm just...not used to that..." A reassuring bump on her leg that only the golden mare knew about encouraged her to step towards the door towards the hallway, catching his comment about what the lands must be like now that the storm was over. A light hearted giggle escaped her kissers, auds returning to a neutral position before she contemplated her own answer. "I bet it will be..." The vixen paused, crown tilting to the side slightly. Suddenly her eyes lit up and sparkled with joy, a broad smile spreading across her lips as she glanced to the ebony stallion. "Beautiful."

Merging into the flow of animals and equines leaving the massive boat, the Arabian cross trotted with a bounce in her step towards the exit, her eyes squinting in the bright light. When the sight before her came into focus, the smile on her maw only seemed to grow as she looked back for her friend. "Artor! Come see!" Jahzara waited just long enough for the stallion to join her side before making her way down the ramp towards the lush meadow that was brimming with life. Pegasi, unicorns and horses alike all seemed to be heading home, some in pairs and some on their own. The animals that had been saved were released and rushing back to familiar territories. The mare's senses were on overdrive, imagining the world as a new fairytale beginning. The sunlight warmed her back, the fresh scent of flowers filled her nostrils, the wind played with her flaxen tresses, and the world was anew. When the mare stepped off of the ramp, she didn't even notice the new magic that they were left with for assisting the Earth God.

After a few steps though, she looked back for the comforting sight of the ebony stallion. Their friendship was new, a fresh new page for the vixen's fairy tales to begin, but he was a welcome companion after everything they had endured together in such a short amount of time. When she turned about to watch the young stallion, she paused to watch him with a slight look of wonder in her eyes. This did not go unnoticed by the violet pony, who was now clearing her throat and repeatedly raising her brows towards the Specter. 'Likin' what you see, do ya?' The pony teased, an embarrassed blush filling the mare's cheeks as she shot a glare to the hallucination, nares flaring with a brief snort. This merely made the pony burst into a fit of laughter, but Jahzara was soon ignoring her.

After a few more steps, movement caught the Specter's attention out of the corner of her right eye. Easily spooked by the surprise of something so close behind her moving, she jumped towards the left with a surprised whinny, whirling about when she landed to confront whatever the movement was. Flowers. Lowering her crown to investigate, Jahzara sniffed at the variety of flowers that sprung from her hoof prints. Curiously she lifted a single hoof, placing it on the ground firmly, and lifting it back up to watch a daisy bloom from the exact same spot. "Whoa! Artor do you see this!?" The Arabian asked with a mix of amazement and confusion, hoping that this was more than just a new addition to her range of hallucinations caused by schizophrenia. She repeated the process a few more times, watching more flowers come up and letting Lily come to study them as well.

The purple pony lifted a tiny hoof of her own, mimicking her friend but without any results. Lily paused for a moment, tilting her head back and forth as she stared at the flowers before suddenly taking the same tiny hoof to kick at the petals. Nothing. 'Jay, they are real!' "What? Real?" Jahzara asked in disbelief, still stepping here and there to see what new colors and species would pop up next. "They're real! Artor, they are real!" Much like a young child in their first spring, the mare suddenly leaped into the air with a playful kick, hind legs kicking out as she began to prance, jump and buck through the meadow. All the while flowers sprung from wherever her footsteps fell, and the mare was the very image of pure, innocent happiness while she laughed and played. She danced and circled around the stallion, encircling him in her own ring of flowers, careful not to get to close and avoided toppling into him.

OOC: She has discovered the temp magic from the SWP!
"Talking"
'Hallucinations'

JAHZARA
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS

I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised when the golden mare pulled away from my touch. Something about her always seemed guarded and it was clearly foolish of me to think that spending a few hours in a room together would change the fact that we still didn't truly know each other. Had she been born with the hallucinations? Or did that come as she grew older, speaking of older, how old was the pretty mare anyway? I was still but a child, at three years old others could be running herds and having children but I was just starting my life. Love and a family was a distant thought at this point, there was still plenty of time for those luxuries. Glossy ears flicked back ever so slightly as I cleared my throat and allowed my vocal chords to shift once again. "My apologizes." Maybe one day Jahzara would warm up to me and a brush on the cheek would be something simple and habitual but for now I had to be sure to keep a safe distance between us so she wouldn't bolt off in the other direction to be lost from me for good.
Her words were lost on me in the mass of animals that were currently weaving their way between each other in a frantic race for the now open doorway off of the living boat. The blast of fresh air was welcomed with open arms as I felt the mare brush past me into the swarm of bodies. For a moment I thought about hanging back, waiting until the race was narrowed out a little bit, but I couldn't just leave Jahzara go thinking I was following close by. Dark paper thins flared ever so slightly as a gentle snort escaped before bracing myself to enter the hoards. I slid easily into the lines, black and white wings tucked in close to my slender body as emeralds danced about the great hallway of the ship and shock became evident across my sporty features. There were so many creatures that had been shacked up on this ship. Birds flew easily above us while different insects clung onto other animals in order to assure safe travels. One by one, two by two, we all made our way out of the arc into the beautiful new world around us.
"Artor! Come see!" The excited voice of the gold fae drew my focus away from the mass of species that milled around us and pulled me out of the lines of animals so I could stand alongside her at the top of the plank we had to walk down were we would be free once again. I watched as she raced down the plank, a deep chuckle escaping from slightly parted kissers before launching my midnight stained frame into the crystal clear sky were I could keep an eye on the now, flower-sprouting mare and stretch my wings at the same time. A worrying whinny tore through the air, almost instantly I was on the ground beside the white speckled mare as her nose buried into the flowers that had sprouted from her just moments ago.
Suddenly the world became a whirlwind of excitement as Jahzara realized that the flowers she magically grew were not another hallucination brought on by hours locked away with me. But that they were, in fact, real. A broad smile spread across my star studded features as I watched the golden mare bounce around like a small child, a forest of flowers sprouting up around me as she danced. "The Earth God has blessed you Jahzara! They are beautiful!" I called out, unsure as to if she would even hear me over the euphoria ringing in her speckled frame. It was good to see the easily startled mare act as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Jahzara]
Words;; 648
Notes;; sorry this took so long <3

Credits: Image by xyroca @ deviantart
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.