the Rift

[OPEN] A Breath of Fresh Air (Welcoming)

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

All the mare had needed was the request, and she would have obliged with no problem. So when the mare delcared her decision, December gave a simple nod, before turning on her hind legs, steel eyes meeting her gaze only for a moment to initiate motion, before making their way back towards the Falls. Fortunately it was a short journey from the Threshold, and feathered limbs were deliberate with each step, as she finally began to explain a few things to Risa. She began with the four Gods, explaining the origin of them and the land of Helovia, the same speech she had been given when she had arrived to the Falls for the first time as well. She then moved on to speak about the ranks in the herd, what each rank did and how everyone contributed. When she was pretty sure she had spoken more than she ever had in her entire life, the familiar arch that lead to the Hidden Falls came into view, and the humid air wafted around her thick build, leaving a slight look of irriation across her expression.

Heat had, and never would be, her friend. With ease her head dipped beneath the vines dangling above the path, ignoring their gentle kisses along her spine as she emerged on the other side, patiently awaiting for Risa to follow. Ahead stood the main meat of their land, the massive waterfall cascading down into the pool, the thick jungle trees flourishing in the summer heat, as all forms of life buzzed around the lands that thrived. Taking in a deep breath of the musty air, December looked to the inky lady briefly, before leading her down the narrow path that brought one down to the heart of their home.

"Watch your step," she called behind her as she began to traverse the rocky trail, being careful where to place each step, "The paths are hard to travel at first." One hoof at a time, she finally made it to the bottom of the hill, pausing and shifting to the side to give Risa the room. Eyes scanned the expanse for any herd members who might be present, before looking to the draft at her side, the yin to her yang, speaking once again, "Welcome to the Hidden Falls."

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 383
Tag: @[Risa]
OOC: Please let Risa post first! Then anyone is welcome to meet our newest member Risa should they want to!>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Risa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She followed the mare her steps shy at first, this uneasy feeling was new to Risa and she did not like it. She felt a stranger in her own skin. Since when did she want nothing more then the comfort of other people, since when was she shy. Since when did she second guess her self. It was appalling to know even for a second she had been a lesser horse. But before she could really get into over analyzing herself December started to talk and Risa found her self great full for the distraction.

You are going somewhere new, trust this mare to keep our meeting a secret. You can make a new impression on the rest of her herd. She told her self then tuned into what was being said. Taking in everything whole heartily listening as though she was going to be quizzed on it. By the time the mares speech was over Risa felt more like herself. Walking with her head held high and her steps deliberate and purposeful, her hoofs causing the dry grass to crush under her.

But as the duo came closer and Risa saw for the first time what the snowy mare had spoken of her steps faltered slowing just a little. It was not what she had expected and she realized she was over seeing the entrance. She tried to peer around the sister draft as she pushed though the vines trying to see what lies ahead but only got a glimpse. She hurried though the vines her skin twitching as it tickled her fur. Pressing her wing out slightly to minimize the sensation.

Risa paused half away though the entry gasping as she took in the view her eyes roaming over every inch unable to take in enough of the beauty. She instantly felt cooler as she looked at the water and yet her lungs felt heavy with humidity. Not that she minded the beauty of the place seemed to make up for it.

Distracted as she was the trip down the rocky patch was sloppy and uncoordinated as she slipped and skidded with serval missteps. Slipping over a few loose rocks as she neared the bottom sliding to a stop next to December. Looking around again heaving a sigh as December spoke the five words that seemed to put her completely at ease.

With that she stood tall and proud taking in all that was before her hoping to the Gods that she make a good impression.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

I breathe out long and fed up. Tallsun was here in all its fiery glory without much respite and I find myself lingering in the shadows of objects more than ever. I had discovered many ways to take cover; bows of trees, beside big boulders and under the mountain, anywhere that would give me respite from this blistering heat. It was in one of these shrouded places that I found a smooth stone, nestled away and apparently all alone. I was going to leave it; after all, it’s not like me to take trinkets or invaluable things with me. I travelled light, as my slender body wouldn’t allow much else. Yet, there was something about this stone that was different from all others, it wasn’t rough for a start, as if someone had buffed it clean of rough edges. It didn’t really smell of musty rock either and rather foreign that I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I don’t like being uncertain, I like to know what things are and why they are like so, only then does my heartbeat normally and peacefully. Yet, this rock was odd and it was slowly beginning to get on my nerves. So much so that I was considering throwing it off a cliff to see what happened when it smashed or if it smashed for that matter.

I sometimes rolled it around the Falls but mainly left it in secret places that I hoped no one knew or knew little of like the odd crack in the stone or the holes in trees. It was bothersome to carry around and as I rolled it out on this brutal summers day, I stared at it in exasperation. I really, desperately wanted to leave it and forget about it, but that had become futile the day I had taken a second glance at it. It was something annoying and it was bugging me, there was no forgetting this useless object and it pissed me off. I would have probably have grumbled over it for the rest of the day had I not heard a voice climbing down into the herd land.

Attention grabbed, I look up from my previous distraction and scope out the owner. I find it is a rather large mare of grey colour and I faintly recognize her face from a herd meeting past but that was all. I knew not her name nor rank, but the fact she was a family member drew a faint smile to my lips and a quiet nod in her direction as I move onto her fellow traveller whom had just been welcomed. Another mare whose bodily makeup was much like my own, a black and red tone, but the world had blessed this one with far more feather and muscle than me. This pathetic skinny body was slowly becoming on of my most hated possessions along with this stupid rock! "Are you joining our herd?" I enquire with curiosity laced into my words, it had been a month or so since I had met with a new member. "I’m Ghost, Cza- oh" crack.

A frown crossed my face and slowly I cast my gaze downwards to view the previously inactive stone, which was in fact not a stone apparently. It writhed this way and that, seemingly annoyed at something and I wonder if I have annoyed this once inanimate object. More chipped away from the shell until a bundle of fluff fell from it and my mouth simultaneously pursed into a thin line.

Now what am I meant to do with a wolf?

@[December]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Forever a sentinel.

Would that I could reverse the sun, wind back the spindle of time; correct my misguided faults -- the future was rarely how we pleaded it to be. All that remained was to brace against uncertain comings. Each held for their mistakes, actions; though I tried to be merciful regardless. Mortal hearts are fickle, constantly changing, altering, backstabbing over the tiniest altercation that didn't suit their needs. Fina chirped softly, her eyes upon the back of my neck with strained compassion.

"Thee doesn't need to please them all..."

"I know," a dry answer....even as these lips move to form words at a whisper.

"Yet, ye still makes effort?" She countered with equal tone. I didn't reply, there was no need. Fina sighed and looked away, discouraged; as her bonded was. Neve glanced our way and smiled before tucking her crown back into the curve of one wing.

_____

From uptop my cliff overlook I catch hold of a pair managing the stone pathway into the Fall's; they trail from the darkened forest that lay south. My gaze sits kindly upon the light colored woman, who'd recently been made a soldier. Her silverly pelt is a stark contrast to the vibrant colors of our home. Aye, she seemed better suited for snow and ice, as Neve was. December, the lass was called. Her effort in the hold produce a noticeable harvest, aye, another joins our ranks -- (which have been swelling with foals.)

Brows furrow, I'm concerned by our lack of troop...we needed more warriors. Fighting folk already skilled in the crude art of bloodshed and honor. Many of this family bore talent in shadow play. Settling upon December's dark company, I set my jaw and allow gilden pinions to unfurl. Skilled eyes would gauge the worth of this newblood. Fina slides toward heaven, her body a flaming streak of light. My feathers spread to the wind, catching a breeze that carries me gracefully down to their level. A welcoming smile has already touched my face, it softens any lines of discontent that might still be present. Ebony talons find my spine, Fina roosts, watching my company with a casual scowl upon her face.

Ghost had slide in among them on my way down, brows rise and a widder beam caresses my lips higher, "Hail Ghost."

"Well met to ye two," a polite nod to them both; though these eyes turn to December, "Yar, welcome home." Gaze shifts comfortably to the coal colored lass, "Thee brings company?" An unknown echo of the question my colead had just asked. My attention is drawn to the egg at Ghost's feet, it rocks back and forth, breaking apart. What emerges is not a creature of feather or scale, but one of fur.

Word Count;;462
OOC;;Ghost beat me lololol
TAG;; @[December]

image credits
- table by Niki -
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

Risa had fared the trip rather well, which wasn't a surprise to the ivory dame. She was thicker like she, built with muscle which meant decent strength. The draft heritage was evident in both of their appearance, but December didn't pay anymore mind to it. Instead her eyes landed on the black mistress that was the Czarina, making her way to the duo with an egg in her jaws. It reminded her of her own little egg, nestled safely in the nest she had made for it beside her resting spot. She didn't find it surprising that one of the leads would be the first to arrive at the scene. Her words laced her dials and she blinked, steel eyes looking upon the smile gracing the lead's maw, before dipping her head in a respectful manner.

"Yes," she replied in her usual factual tone, never once letting her gaze falter as she introduced the other winged fem, "This is Risa, she is in need of a place to stay. I presumed she would be welcomed without question. Am I incorrect?" Her question was not accusing, simply blunt like everything else about her. If she had done wrong by bringing Risa back then she would like to know, especially since it left her in quite the predicament. Left alone with a mare who had nowhere else to go. She couldn't leave her, that would be cruel, but she couldn't disobey the Czarina and Czar. She could always be angry, but never disobedient. Before she could get an answer, the woman's egg fell to the ground, cracking open to reveal a little wolf pup. Blinking her steel gaze the mare only watched briefly, before noticing the arrival of Midas.

She remembered those golden eyes all too well. Upon his approach she dipped her head politely, briskly, not mirroring the smile on his complexion. She had no need to do such a thing and he wouldn't mind, if he had accepted her the way she had been the first time, surely how she was now wouldn't make much of a difference. He welcomed her home, his voice warm like it had been their first meeting, and it made December's gaze soften, but only a little. It was strange, knowing that the man saw her as family now that she was under his rule, but she couldn't help but find a slight comfort in it. Ghost was most likely the same, but she had a different way of showing it, which the mare didn't mind at all. Turning back to Risa, her tone was brisk and deep like before, never betraying a hint of emotion, "Risa, these are the rulers of the Hidden Falls; Midas and Ghost. This is Risa, I have offered her a place to reside since she has nowhere else to go. I also know we need more warriors, perhaps this would be an area of interest for her."

She didn't really see the negativity in volunteering someone up for something they might not want to do, but December didn't take note of a lot of things when it came to social situations, so whether or not the newcomer would agree was out of her mind. She hadn't talked about it, had only given information, never asked anything, because that was not her way. December was all about telling, never inquiring or prodding, simply letting what happened happen. So she remained silent, eyes switching between the three delicately, tail swishing at her hocks as she awaited a decision to be made amongst them all. She had done her duty, she had added to the body count, and now she had to let the higher ranks decide the fate of this feathered mare.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 621
Tag: @[Risa] @[Ghost] @[Midas]
OOC: Woo! I did a thing.>

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming