the Rift

[OPEN] pH[i] < 7

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
I tried to be the lover to your nightmare

After the events of mere hours ago, Torleik had moved on, continuing his almost aimless traversing of this Ancient Rotunda. This place. This was where Brisa had convinced him he was probably the father of her children - child, he thought, at the time. This was where he'd truly met Ophelia, soaked with rain as she'd been and alone.

Why was he here? What drew him back?

He considered that it might have been the presence of the Moon Goddess herself, given his current tie to her, and wondered at that. Would he feel tied to her forevermore? Torleik was...unsure if he wanted that, let alone could handle it. But if he only felt it while the sensuous female deity was walking about the earth...

He could deal with it, he resolved. The warrior-poet told himself he could deal with anything for a short period of time - even if that short period of time was longer than he might hope. The moonlight still shone brightly down on the ground below, illuminating the ground clearly as it rose and fell before him. Fireflies danced and darted around in the warm air, bouncing and tumbling as if on invisible doldrums.

What did he expect to find here? What could he possibly find here? Peace? Doubtful. One did not simply find peace after resolving to fatherhood only to have it wrenched from you. One did not simply find peace after discovering this by sight of the babes, wanting so deeply in your heart to be worthy, to be good, still aiding one to life, and knowing that nothing you could do would ever tie you to the children or their mother. Maybe that explained why he so doggedly pursued Phi, in a strange juxtaposition to his wariness of loving again.

Little of it made sense to him and the heart was a confusing organ. It rarely listened to the mind, rarely relinquished proper control to the mind either, it seemed. Will was a curious matter. Its lack or presence - what determined it? The Bloodskald sighed and paused, gazing up at the beautifully, brilliantly lit velvet sky, twinkling with a thousand lights. His mother used to say those were the souls of those who were taken up to Valhallr to celebrate with the gods. Those were their bright fires, giving shout to their revelry.

Revelry. What revelry was to be had down here? Happiness was fleeting and misfortune froze out whatever tender shoots attempted to find root in the soil of one's soul.

What was the purpose of life?

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Watching the fireflies buzz around carelessly in the night had at one time been a method to draw sleep to the mare's weary soul. Now? It had become just a random amusement to pass the endless hours between the time the sun set and when it rose once more. When she had been younger and much more naive to nature's ways she had believed these creatures to hold magic allowing them to illuminate the sky and bring peace to millions of lives each night. Over the years life had changed her opinion and shown her that nothing about life was as simple and peaceful as she had originally believed it to be. Darkness corrupted everything leaving no room for those dreams of happily ever after.

The latest journey upon the boat had given all of them a huge wake up call. It had shown them that nothing was ever safe from corruption. They had once believed that their Moon Goddess was always looking out for them and taking care of them when in reality there was no such thing. Not only had their Goddess murdered all of those innocent people she had also tried to hide the blame by manipulating one of her son's to carry out her malicious deeds. Was this really who they had all trusted and cared about? How could they have all been so blind to see what was happening right before their eyes? Shaking her head slowly she sighed heavily wondering what all would happen to them now that this had been discovered. Were they all just puppets fighting for freedom that they would never receive?

Casting her gaze around the Rotunda she noted that not much had changed since she had last been here. After spending a rough night in the secret grove dwelling upon her painful mishaps her feet had brought her here. A place of hope, love, loss and sadness but also a place in which many dreams had been created and lost. Welcome to the rest of her life. A shadow loomed upon the clearing drawing her eyes to the lone figure. Surely she had to be hallucinating because if not she was reliving the moments of nearly a year ago. The dark unicorn upon the hill... her pregnant self...the thought of creating something together...the despair...the heartbreak... This was no dream but rather a horrible reminder to the lives she had torn apart. What brought him back here now almost a full year later? What had brought her?

Without knowing it her feet brought her forward to retrace her steps as she approached the stallion. "What did she expect to say? They had not spoken since the day she had brought her colts into this world. Could he even bare to look at her after all this time and after all she had done? "Torleik?" Hesitating she paused a few feet from where he stood uncertain as to what to say or do. If he struck out in anger she would deserve it for the pain she had caused him. To this day she still hated herself for what she had done and she regretted that she could not have given him something to be happy about. "What are you doing out here?" She asked softly her eyes seeking his scared of what she might find.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Torleik] •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
When questions do not birth answers, what can you do?

"Torleik?"

He knew that voice, and for a moment, he believed he was simply reliving a memory, his mind drifting to a time in the past. Irelyn proved him incorrect on that account. Her chitter brought his attention around to his left shoulder and Torleik felt his entire body go...numb.

No.

Why was she here, too?

She asked what he was doing out here and...what could he say? The Bloodskald hadn't any clue. His companion was angrily perched on a rock nearby, her owlish gaze locked on Brisa, feathers ruffled. That brought some amusement to the rabicano, who snorted softly and didn't bother to tell his bonded to calm down. Irelyn was old enough now to make her own decisions in situations like these. If she wanted to be angry at someone who'd hurt him in the past, he would let her - to a degree. She had to become her own little being sometime.

Of course, the memories returned, bidden by Brisa's sudden appearance. The forest. The children. Their wings. He'd helped nurse one to life. Had it lived? It probably had no memory of him. Did either of them have a proper father? Did they feel loved? So many questions that would probably only help reopen the wound if he were to ask them as he wanted. A deep inhale punctuated the moment before he sighed. "I don't have much of an answer for that, I suppose. My bones said wander, and I listened."

Torleik's lambent eyes slipped over the white mare in front of him, studying her. She looked...different. Older, in the way she carried herself. Children would do that to you, he supposed. For just a moment, his jaw clenched. He still didn't understand why she'd done it, and he supposed he never would. It was no matter, and the tension bled from his strong shoulders. Why should he hold on to every little wound? These things would always hurt, but he should be a longship on the sea of his emotions, keel ready to brave the onslaught of whatever waves saw fit to try their best at capsizing him.

"I could ask the same of you - what brings you to this place once more?"

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Blue eyes gazed upon the stallion she had given her heart to only a year prior to this day. Resentment, anger, betrayal.. If any of these emotions passed over the man’s mind she could not tell for his stony features gave nothing away. Here they were together again for the first time in what seemed like an eternity and in of all places right here. It couldn't have been anywhere else… no it had to be the Rotunda. Maybe this was just some cruel twist of fate coming back to slap her in the face for being so stupid and careless. Whatever this was, it was painful beyond belief to her already shattered heart. After all what more was there left to break?

Silence proceeded between the two of them for what seemed like hours making her wonder whether if she should just turn away. She couldn't blame him should he want nothing to do with her after all she had put him through. Hell, she already hated herself for it so what difference would it make if another hated her as well. The intense stare of Torleik’s companion was enough of a clue to her that there were negative feelings at least brewing from somewhere. Whether it be coincidental or not it would not surprise her. Sighing softly in defeat after another moment she was about to turn away when finally the stud’s voice came to her. While it was not an answer to her question it was at least something more than the silence she had expected.

When left with her own question turned back on herself she found herself lacking an answer as well. Lately travel had just been a solution to pass time without her having to really think about anything. A numbing agent to the pain so to say just as ice was to heat. Eventually nothing would be able to soothe her pain but until then she would go with whatever worked and took the least amount of effort.

“Much the same I suppose”. She commented softly, her eyes falling to the ground to avoid certain memories from surfacing. Her son could be dead for all she knew but she was unwilling to accept this until she was forced to. “Maybe a little of trying to remember happier moments of my life while trying to move forward after all that’s happened over this last year.”

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Torleik] •• NOTES: So sorry for huge delay in my posting ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
text goes here

Wandering. She dutifully wandered, flitting here and there to explore and seek. Information was power, and she would never, ever be powerless again. Only the gods could use her as a toy now, and even then, she would fight. Ophelia walked beneath trees of green and ground of moist earth, cloven hooves lightly depressing it as she moved. Healthy, thick smells filled the air, signs of a rich season, and she exhaled quietly, sights set on the marble edifice in the distance. The glassy, colorful ceiling and wafting curtains made it most romantic, and she needed a bit of folly in her life at the moment.

A sight, one which set her heart into uncertainty, caught her eyes, and she held her breath to keep the emotions at bay. If not for the beautiful dapples on her coat, they could be related. A pale mare, lovely in her perfection and with the softness of a true maiden, was speaking to Torleik, a man she had yet to call her own.

And yet she felt jealous. The emotion stirred in her heart so darkly that it took her by surprise, and she wanted nothing more than to step to the stallion’s side, flash her tail and engage in petty remarks. She had never been so taken with that desire before, that idea of being possessive. In fact, her only experience with jealousy was when Ktulu was just getting to know Lakota so long ago, their romance lengthy and sweet. The thought that any other female could ever love her sister as much as she had made her angry, and that surprised her just as much as she was surprised now.

Ophelia frowned, but she stepped into view, trusting Torleik and unsure of what lay between the pair. Obviously, he had a thing for grays. What exactly had happened? What happened between them, in particular? The pale princess felt like an interloper, and that was uncomfortable. She watched suspiciously as she stood nearer to Torleik - but not close enough to make any assumptions. “I am Ophelia,” she introduced, having recognized the mare from a few large meetings with the gods.

@[Torleik]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!