the Rift

[OPEN] Secret Places that Aren't Very Secretive

Keidajen Posts: 17
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14 hh :: 4 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
The Secret Grove by day is much less of a secret than what it is at night. I clamp my eye still capable of seeing lor shut tightly and I watch my surroundings with a shrewd eye. Already today I have tossed a few pebbles in random directions to steer strangers away from my resting place. A self-satisfied smirk would cross my face each time that some straggler fell for my ploy. My gaze momentarily drops to the pile of small rocks that I had collected before day break specifically for this purpose. I already hold the next pebble to be tossed carefully between my lips. I count how many I have left.

One..
Two..
Three..
Four..
Fi-

Apparently sheep and rocks have some thing in common; counting my pebbles sends me off to sleep. I tumble head over heels into the deep abyss of slumber. My lips part in the whisper of a snore and from my color stained maw the pebble slips. It tumbles and rolls; it flops and bounces. Never in all of time has a single pebble made such a clatter. My eyes flash open and in not a breaths span clamp shut in pain.

"Mitte vero." Da mihi in quietem.

It is dreadful to be so sensitive to the light of day and the vibrance it brings. I can vaguely remember my time as a foal. I remember the fiery sunsets and the benevolent spring skies, the memories of brilliant green grasses kissing pastel sky never left my mind. Elivian is a land of no color, all in it exists in various shades of grey to be seen.My faint memory of colors taunted me whilst I had been away from this realm, they had eaten at me with an intense longing. Now in a cruel twist of fate I am once more surrounded by color, but it brings me intense headaches.

My head throbs as I settle a seething look upon the now settled pebble. I almost expect it to hop up and proceed into a tap dance as an encore for its earlier hit of a racket. If anyone was near my tuck away corner behind a cluster of willows has been given away. Warily I watch to see if any approach. Brows furrowed I do my best to formulate some sort of greeting. Possibly along with some sort of explanation for why I am acting like a recluse. My scrambling about for words frustrates me; why afterall, do I owe anyone an explanation?

@[Tilney] sorry for the wait!

Translation:

"Mitte vero"||"Give it a rest."

Da mihi.. || Give me a rest

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
. . . T i l n e y

From his vantage point on a small but risen timber-topped hill Tilney took in the new sights, smells and noises of the Secret Grove. Since his introduction to Helovia and the Hidden Falls he hadn't quite been able to contain his wanderlust, and so headed east from his new home.
He had heard of this place already he thought, Assuming it was one of the countless pieces of information Africa had briefed him of before his entry into the Hidden Falls. The secret grove, a secret place for lovers to retreat to. He hoped his wandering would not disrupt any precious moments or disturb the secrecy or privacy of the place as a whole.

Bronze ears twisted on top of his poll, twitching at a soft patter he was hearing. He could hear the clatter of a stone skidding and falling, and on the other side of the lakes shore he saw a gentle splash.
Cloven hooves carried him downwards, now into the grove. Shrouded by trees he crept slowly around the ponds front. His eyes eyed the area he was sure the pebble had dropped and slowly he allowed a hoof into the water, dropping his bronze bodice in, and began to wade to the very spot he had seen its tumbling journey end.

The pebble was just one among thousands of others on the pools deep platform. His curious mind could only tell the pale pebbles from the brown, not which one had suspiciously fallen from behind the trees and who had perhaps kicked it down.
Green eyes searched the leaves only feet from his eyes, and then foraged through them. Was that the gleam of another creatures coat he saw?

His paces into the lake had been silent, but his bounds out of the lake were the opposite. I can see you! The young stag thought as he bounded from the pond, long socked legs kicking the water up as he bolted against a willows rubbery branch. It snapped against his racing, saturated form and as he sprung the colourful fae he also managed to spray what seemed like half the pools water over her vivid coat.

"Hello!" Tilney bellowed. It had completely slipped his young mind that this place was where the Helovian inhabitants came for privacy. Not to play hide and seek. A laugh had escaped his browned muzzle which was painted with a marvelous grin. Eyes flicked over the mare, her small pile of pebbles and her sleepy slouch between the willows. She had a coat which reminded him of incredible sunrises; and He had never seen anything like it. It was beyond beautiful.

It wasn't uncommon for a stallion of his young age to daze or choke up when in the presence of a mare. This one had him struck for a few moments.
"s-sorry I splashed you" he managed to blab.

= @[Keidajen] =

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎