Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

she's gonna be somebody's only light
gonna
shine tonight
yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby

------------------------------Aisling----

Helovia…

It had not been longs since the little mare had forst herd the names, but from that first instance it had been beautiful, magical. Had it really been weeks since she had come here? The warm summer days had drifted by in a haze, blurring into one another while the girl from the Emerald Isle floated along on a wave of joyous discovery. She fell in love with everything and every place she found: The green forest where Kvothe had found her, the hidden willow grove when she had met Finn, the flowering meadow where she first seen a God. All were wonderful and precious to her for each promised the chance for new adventures and she had not yet been disappointed. She had gone with her friends onto the great ship and been delivered from the flood, and both ship hand water had been sent by gods.

Gods…

The land of Aisling’s childhood was no stranger to magic, but in that old country the Power was quieter, deeper, and far less tangible that the wonders she had seen here. In Helovia, magic could be harnessed, wielded by mortals instead of swelling and ebbing like the unstoppable tides at the shore, and it all seemed to stem from these Gods. The little mare had followed the whispers to this place, yearning craving to see more and she could not have prepared herself for the magnificence she would find in the Veins.

Carefully, so very slowly, dark little hooves carried her along the rocky path. Her eyes could not have been wider, staring around herself in wonder at the strange new landscape. It was like nothing she’d ever seen, all black and blue and but glowing. It was alien mixture of darkness and light, and at the end of her path, the volcano lay. She should have been afraid, this was everything she had yet to understand of experience, and perhaps a wiser horse would show more caution but she had no fear, only awe.

The four shrines stood, ruined and almost desolate on the ledge, and the sight seemed wrong to Aisling. Only one seemed to have any kind of decoration, the Earth God’s blue flowers, but it seemed to her that there was no offerings at any of the stones. Aisling knew terribly little about gods, and even less about the conflicts between these four. If these four made Helovia what it was that surely they were all deserving of praise. Each gave beauty and so each should receive. she glanced around, searching for something she could do to tidy the lonely relics. The blue flowers grew at one but it somehow seemed wrong to pick them…

Ah ha! a traveler she was and had nothing much to give, but a fleck of color for each she could offer. Humming happily with her task, she uses her teeth to pluck a small strand of green ribbon from the collection at the end of her braid and laid it gently at the feet of one of the shrines. Three more flecks of green she plucked and laid them for each God in turn and stepped back to gave upon them all and her second offering came almost without a thought. She lifted her chiming voice in a song to break the solemn silence, and gave what she never had to any mortal: one of her own composition.

“One grey pilgrim, small and sure,
Set out from the island green,
And for a year she wandered o’er
Field of heather, rippling stream.

Each land she past held treasures:
Golden field and forest, rich,
But none could hold her restless heart
‘till did Helovia bewitch.

It held her like a faerie spell.
Each day she loved it more,
And magic she discovered there
Was held and granted by the Four.

Wise Time numberd out the years,
Good Earth gave his mercy.
Bright Sun and Beauty Moon, they danced
A whirling waltz across the sky.”

Notes: Using my VOTG pass! Aisling is coming to quest for her Illusion magic:
[Active Magic :: Light | Can create aural and visual illusions in another's mind by singing about what she wants them to see and hear.]

Texture by monxcheri @ DA
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

Gods are wise. Gods can have answers. Silently he treads in Aisling’s shadow. What if they don’t? What if he is to simply wallow in his misery and fear? Surely someone has answers. Surely someone can lock away the memories from his mind. There has to be a way he can feel himself mend. Mending cannot begin until his demons are tamed. For it has become relatively clear that He cannot find him. Maitimo is safe from the wickedness that looms outside this land. There is a part of him who still fears for his brothers and their own fates. Gods know what might befall them. He remembers the days where he could laugh and stand amongst his brothers and sing boisterously. Maitimo wants to be the lionhearted again. He wants to be brave and stand for something. Already he can see growth. Before there had been no hope beyond tomorrow. Only thing that kept him alive was his cowardice. Now, he lives for the sake of a better tomorrow. It is but a sliver of hope but he will grasp onto it with everything left.

Silently he watches Aisling approach the four different shrines. Truly he has no right to come before the gods and plead for anything. He remains back and lets the mare summon them. Will they come? Will they bother to answer a mortals summons? Above all else… Will they even bother to look his way? Maitimo will be content to watch his acquaintance and her own journey for now.

talk talk talk

[Permission from Laine to crash this.]

The fire I began is burning me alive.

Image Credits

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun watched as the pale mare laid tribute to each shrine. Four times she plucked a single green strand from her ribbon, true, a rather odd form of worship and not one he thought much of. He wondered if she realised that she had another following her, perhaps he should just wait to see how this situation played out - mortals could be amusing creatures. After a moment the sound of her tinkling voice broke through the engulfing silence, The God listened then began to grow from a point.

The God formed as the light grew, illuminating the ground underneath him. Around them blue lava erupted, spitting heat into the already tepid air. Through the pure white and blazing beams, he walked until he was stepping effortlessly in front of the ivory mare. Almighty wings tucked against his side, body firm as if carved from stone, The God of the Sun appeared completely unperturbed. Observing the naive female he ignored her shadow completely for the time being.

After a moment The God finally spoke. "What can I do for you?" He inquired, his enthralling and masculine voice spoke with an indifferent tone. She had come, laid tribute and then serenaded their domain at large. Surely a desire, wish or want was the root cause of her summoning him. Still as if craved from stone, The God waits for her answer, silent and unwavering as he stared at her with a piercing gaze.

CREDITS

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5

gonna
shine tonight

When her song was done, the little mare wasn’t sure what else to do. She was still so ignorant of the intricacies that governed the mystical side of Helovia and no one had told her that the Gods could be summoned. Her course had seemed right when she’d pictured it, a weary traveler comes to a holy place, there she offers her what tribute she could with the talents she had and the gods might look on her with favor. It was perfectly straightforward as far as Aisling knew, and her storybook trail of logic had yet to lead her astray.

She waited for a beat, then turned to smile at Maitimo. She was glad he had come with her, a nice companion if perhaps not a talkative one, and she was hopeful that he might find some help here as well. Turning back toward the shrines, the faerie girl let out a gasp. The light grew in front of her and paired with the sporting blue around her, Aisling was frozen in fear until the shining god, alight with fire, stepped forth from the light. For a moment, Aisling could do nothing but gape at the spectacle. The God of Earth had been magnificent, but so much more….terrestrial, whereas the being in front of her belonged in the sky more than any earthly dwelling. Even his voice was not of the common world, enchanting, bewitching. And he looked at her, stared at her and she could to nothing but stand in awe for several long seconds.

With a jolt, she realized that she had to respond. “Oh! Um…” still wide eyed and slightly stunned, she glanced around to reestablish that she was in the same place she had been moments before. All her plans had flown from her head and she scrambled to reclaim them before turning back to the God, “Yes, forgive me. I am Aisling of Éire, and newly come to your lands. I have seen many wonderful and magical things since I have been here, and I wanted to know more of how the magic of this land works. How I…how I might become a part of it.” Her lilting voice gained back confidence with every word as the excitement built in her again, but she remembered her courtesies at the end and quickly added a respectful nod to being. “If it please you, Your Brightness.”

@[Random Event] - @[Maitimo]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

The god appeared in all his glowing splendor. Instinctively, Maitimo cowered away, lowering his head. His eyes remained wide as he watched the god address Aisling and pay little mind to him. For the moment he was more than content to ignored. Fear subsided slightly as the god addressed his acquaintance. Aisling answered with honesty, expressing her desires for magic. Part of him couldn’t help but contemplate what sort of good it might do to have such things at his disposal. Maybe he could find a way to suppress and control his own mind with this thing known as magic. But the thought still frightened him and almost made him shutter. Then he cursed himself. Cursed himself for being afraid of even hoping for something brighter. Maitimo was birthed braved and sculpted into a coward. There was nothing more painful than witnessing himself slowly wither away. Once he had courage that burned as brightly as the god before him, but now, he was little more than a candle nearly snuffed out. No magic could revive what had died in the darkness There was only hope that someone or something could bury it all away and help him be reborn.

Maitimo dared to step closer. Still keeping several feet between himself and the pair before him. This was Aisling’s quest he reminded himself. Even if the god were to simply say there was someone who could fix his mind he would be content. For he had heard enough stories to know that gods often enjoyed being cryptic. Maybe it made them seem primordial and wise.

talk talk talk

The fire I began is burning me alive.

Image Credits

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun watched as the pale mare stared back in awe, before scrambling to jumble words together and respond to him. Seeing into her mind, the god noted her naive soul and a growing curiosity, nothing of which he found particularly noteworthy. As she spoke the God glanced towards the shadow, apathetic towards his reasons for being here or what he wanted to know. After a few moments the god turned back to the mare, ruffling his wings in expression of his boredom.

Then, he listened carefully, mulling over her words and raising a brow. The magic was created with the land, it was in every tree, in the water that ran through brooks and in the breezes that cooled Helovia. "The magic here, it is rushing in the very veins of this world and burning in every ray of sunlight," he said, his deep voice rumbling with indomitable power. Continuing to tenaciously peer at the self proclaimed Aising of Éire, the Sun God offered more information. “It is woven into the core of this land and the souls of those who yield it." He finished speaking almost nonchalantly.

Flames billowed over his body and his golden, hawkish eyes blinked as she offered a title to him. The god’s body began to rumble- a deep ground shaking sound. Laughter that came from his soul and the sun and fire all at once. The sound resonated around the domain, filling even the deepest of crevices. A laugh directed towards the timid mare before him. Shaking his head, the omniscient God could not have foreseen this title.

Often The God finds that his pride and ire controlled and blinded his judgments.
Yet this he would not let get to him.

The God moved on from one inutile thought to a more prolific idea.

"Very well." The Sun God rumbled. She wished to be apart of this land, then she would work for it. Is she worthy of his gift? Only the sweet mare before him would be able to discover this answer. "Find other individuals to interact with, study them- their emotions." The God could see how credulous this mare was, she seemed to lack both emotional and psychical experiences that would have helped mature her. "Then compose a ballad, a personalised ballad for me." His own bright eyes flicked from her eyes to her body, scrutinising her one last time. "Return to me when you have completed this quest." Burning bright all at once then becoming nothing at all, The God vanished, leaving nothing behind; not even the imprint of his hooves upon the earth.

Quest :: Aisling must find five different individuals who display different emotions and interact with them. Songs have to be inspired by some sort of emotional connection, so she would need to increase her stock of emotions to draw form, then she would need to culminate that inspiration into a song dedicated to The God of the Sun.

CREDITS

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5

gonna
shine tonight

In the God’s voice was the power of worlds and in his laugh was thunder. Little aisling, as imaginative as she was, could never had imagined such a being. But here he was, bright a fierce and terrible, standing before her… speaking to her. Though her tiny modicum of self-preservation urged her to back away from danger and might, she found herself leaning forward as he spoke. Like a moth to a flame, she was drawn in, captivated. He gave her the tasks she would have to complete and the bight little posny almost burst with excitement.

Talk to others, study their emotions, craft a song… At that moment, she couldn’t have imagined anything she would be doing besides that anyway! In her excitement though, her naiveté showed itself. When she heard ‘emotions’ her mind and memory brought forth only the good and she only imagined that on her path, and never thought that she would have to discover the darker sides of the heart before her task was truly done.

Before the Sun God had finished his last word, thanks were already forming in her throat, but were forestalled. His light flared, and in the second she averted her eyes from the glare, she was gone. The thanks turned to confusion when her eyes opened again and when wide as the void the god had left. She moved forward in a little hop, ”Fan! Tá mé níos mó ceisteanna!” She looked to the bright one’s shine and called again to the god. “Domh!” but there was no sign of the bright light to herald his presence and the mare stood, staring for a moment. Slowly, she turned to Maitimo, sorrow welling in her eyes. “I am sorry, mo chara. I… I had a mind to ask him about your memories, but… I’m sorry.”

Translations:
Fan! Tá mé níos mó ceisteanna! - Wait! I have more questions!
Domh - Sun
mo chara