the Rift

something that doesn't belong to you (Hotaru challenge)

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I was free. Free from the Dragon's Throat, from the Sultan's overbearing personality, and free from the work loaded onto my ever-growing wary mind. Despite being free from all of these hassles, I had left the one thing I cared for the most, my mate. Despite me leaving, she couldn't stay mad at me, for now I would find the criminal that took her armor. Oh, I would make this asshole cry with fear. No one. Touches. Destry. I don't care who the fuck they think they are, but no one lays one hoof on my woman or her goddamn stuff.

With an aggravated snort, I trudge onwards, becoming further infuriated the more I think about the situation. Each fall of my hooves is heavy and loud on the dry ground. I had hiked to the top of this fucking mountain, and for what? I have wings, why the hell didn't I fly. After evaluating my situation, I decipher that my mind is in a hazy fog of gasoline and rage, one spark from igniting. I begin pacing back and forth, dust flying everywhere in huge clouds around me. There is a thick layer of sweat dampening my coat, making me look pink and pretty, but guess what? I'm not pretty. I'm ugly, inside and out. In an instant, I halt, my beige hooves resting on the brittle grass. Where is this fucker? I wonder as I cackle madly, sanity slipping away. What more do they expect from me? I'm Aurelia. Does anyone honestly expect me to be a normal horse?

The heat is sweltering and my mouth is dry, craving the metallic taste of blood and victory. My tail swats at the flies behind my rounded ass (that I will make be kissed by the bitch herself today). I have never been through such a horrible summer, but I like the heat and it makes me crave unleashing my fiery magic to make things so much more unbearable for the bitch. My blood boils, pumping quickly throughout my solid 15.2 hand frame. All grace and beauty vanishes as my inner demon prepares for unleash.

And they thought I was bad with Kahlua.

A smirk washes over my mahogany lips as I remember my childlike body erupting into flames that licked my coat in sweltering glory. I also clearly remember my companion dying and my rush to save her, only to have her die and not be allowed re-entry to the one place I care about. The Sultana of the Throat had been an ignorant, one-winged, bitch. My revenge will be great, I vow it. Within my cracked vision of the future, I will be powerful and great.

My muscles tense under my skin as I wait for her. She will be here, I am sure if it. "COME FIGHT ME, COWARD." My voice is loud, verging on ear-shattering. A smug look transpires on my face. I am one loud motherfucker. Is that a bad thing? Hell no. Who knows, maybe we will end up with an audience. That thought delights me and makes me lust for more bloodshed, my body quivering with anticipation as I ready myself. Ivory lobes slip backwards as my smug look vanishes. I spin around, facing the stony path that I had hiked to get here. It is the one entrance and one exit for any wingless fools out there. I, however, can simply fly away if something happens. This thought appeals to me on many levels.

I feel different today, relieved. I can finally be the insane horse I'd always been deep down without worrying if some fucking moron was going to tell my leaders. Well, fuck that. I'm my own leader, and everyone better damn remember it. As for rules? You better damn well understand that my life has no more rules, so I can do whatever I want to with my mouth, my fire, and my hooves. Right now, I'm waiting for my punching bag to come join me for dinner. Yet there is a twist. She is my dinner. Smiling inwardly at the thought of watching her fall, my eyes scan for her ugly body.

OOC: Aurelia is challenging for Destry's armor from Hotaru. :3 @[Hotaru] I'm so nervous for this, but also excited! :D good luck :3 also, tag or no tag? I would prefer to be tagged cx
Word count: 700
Attack #: 0/4
Setting: Heavenly fields, midday, hot as hell, loads of flies. There is nothing around the area but a cliff and flat plains. This takes place after Aurelia's thwarted stealth attempt on Hotaru!
Summary: Aurelia is facing the stony path that leads to the top, her rump a few feet or so from the cliff.

On a side note, I accidentally deleted my other battle thread when I meant to edit it to add word count and attack number like Aud requested.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Children should not play at games they had no business meddling with, Hotaru thought lightly to herself. A call had screamed across the tundra, and Hotaru rolled her eyes so fiercely she feared they might simply drop out of her head. At least she wouldn’t have to burn them upon the sight of whatever banshee was calling her supposed name. Why was it that her enemies were never intelligent enough to recall her name? Did they think she would be offended by their lack of creativity? No, it merely made the whole business of figuring out which Basiner was to answer the call that much harder. How was Hotaru to know the bitch meant her, after all? What if Hotaru wasn’t a coward? But of course, it was always Hotaru. So when the harpy called for her, Hotaru had to go and do her bidding. Who else would clean up the mess? Furthermore, it left Hotaru even more indebted to the wonderful Thranduil. She appreciated his possessiveness; after all she paralleled it beautifully. He was her idiot thief, she would have felt the same if the little bitch would have gone after his skin too. But still, Aurelia had added witless insult to injury by promising yet another future display of gratitude for the beautiful thief. Hotaru would have to…show her the error of her ways, of course. It was simply a kindness.

With the sigh she usually reserved for when Arya was running around like the naïve foal she used to be, Hotaru set out to deal with the banshee child.

Of course the little lass couldn’t have waited on the chilled Basin pathway, so Hotaru could have simply kicked her off it and watched her tumble. No, instead she had chosen a sweltering day on which to fight. It was a foolish mistake, because irritating Hotaru further was perhaps the worst thing Aurelia could have chosen to do. Nevertheless she took her time, allowing her anger to simmer and boil - a tempest in a teapot. The path towards the heavens was paved in rock and ruin, and with ease of mind and body she clambered upon it. The music of her hooved approach heralded the gathering of her supporters, standing aside in the distance. Aviya, her lovely Rhiannon, a nameless fae and, most shocking of the quartet, the brute she’d crossed paths with once already - Gaucho. Whether he was there to watch her fail or triumph over his once-lamb was to be debated, but she liked to think it was the latter.

Alice, previously at her heel, glanced up at her mistress, seeking guidance as they neared the pinnacle of the hill. Hotaru jerked her tiara towards the group in the distance, sending the little one skidding off on a wild trajectory towards Rhiannon and Aviya. Hotaru would not endanger her beloved in this skirmish. Oh, but it was so much more than that. Hotaru wasn’t simply going to whip the whelp and send her on her way. Hotaru was going to crush her bones and drink her marrow, flay her flesh with the tip of her horn until Aurelia was screaming for mercy. Hotaru did not take kindly to imitators, after all. With her herd at her back and the sun beaming cruelly down upon her spine, she waltzed onto the battlefield.

Flies clung to her flanks, attracted to the sweat and foam of her skin. A perfect fit against the burned out drought grass, everything around them dead or dying. A morbid, fitting background for the cadence of Hotaru’s thoughts, for her future plans and sick desires. Aurelia’s skin seemed similarly darkened with sweat, but her stocky form was useless in comparison to Hotaru’s lineage. Phaedra sang in her veins, memories of dunes and sands, a stamp on her ass that proudly read Arabian. Heat had nothing on her, she could dance circles around the gilded brat for hours before her endurance failed her. The temporary decline disadvantage of mounting the hill summarily pissed her off, Aurelia’s lording of herself over Hotaru yet another thorn beneath her skin. Patience, she reminded herself. That throne would splinter beneath the weight of Aurelia’s failure.

“Looking for me, sweet thing?” It rang out clear and taunting, brutal in its saccharine sarcasm. “Or perhaps…this?” The armor Aurelia sought unfolded with a beautiful metallic ring, a cruel stabbing of light as the sun reflected off its surface. Hotaru hoped her eyes burned out. “It’s so nice to see that your piece of ass didn’t even have the guts to show up herself,” she said pleasantly, even going so far as to cock her hip out where she stood. Get her angry, she thought to herself in a sibilant coo. She’ll make more mistakes. “Why don’t you come get it?”

Notes: Further, if Hotaru wins the fight, she wants Aurelia's Earth God feather!
Tag: Aurelia (Please tag me! I won't tag you since that's your preference)

Word Count: {798/800) Using This
Attack: {0/4} First attack goes to Aurelia!

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
The terms of a challenger are set by the one challenging, so Hotaru does not have the authority to also ask for the Earth feather - this falls under the rule of only 1 thing may be challenged for at a time!
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The bitch was here. She was hideous, a weird pink tone. I blinked furiously, as if I thought I was seeing things. Was she really that color? I stifled a laugh. How pathetic. Though my lips stayed in a hard line, my eyes danced with amusement as my lids halted their rapid blinking.

My stare was pulled off of her as horses began to crowd around, most of them familiar faces. I noticed the dark unipegasus first. She had been there to witness my frantic attempt at escape from the Hidden Falls. Had she been there to take me down too? If so, she must think of me as some sort of joke. That thought infuriated me. However, that was not even the icing on the cake. Gaucho appeared, also. In his antlers, was a wretched snake, but he had found another creature, a zephyr. I cringed inwardly, suddenly hating the idea of bonds and companions. His words hurt me. He told the others he knew I would lose. Gaucho had been my Sultan merely hours ago. It stung my heart that he would so quickly turn on me. With that, I knew I wouldn't be missed by him, by his real family, nor anyone in that herd. I swallowed hard, pain etching my features for a moment before I tried to collect myself.

The bitch's voice rang out into the air, honeyed sarcastically.
“Looking for me, sweet thing?” she said. I nodded at her, answering her seemingly rhetorical question. She was petite, no doubt agile. Her desert blood was unmistakable. Her horn was proud, she wore it like a crown. My slanted ears flattened against my ivory mane as I snarled at her. The armor I sought to win back unfurled on her body with a shimmer of light. I strode towards the general direction she approached me from, hoping to halt about one or two horse lengths away from her, our bodies head-on-head. She begins to mention Destry, my mouth sets in a hardline, unamused by her arrogant words. Did she believe this to be some joke? It was not about winning or losing now- it was about bruising her body, breaking her bones, and spilling her blood. I was sure she wants to do the same to me, her words dripping with malice.

"I'm sure if she challenged you for it she would be quickly reprimanded by her flaming Sultan," I stated, as if it was some obvious fact a spy should know. Was she truly even that? Nothing about her yelled sleuth, but that fact that she wore a stolen item. Her coat was bold, too bold to camouflage. Perhaps she was manipulative, words sneaky and underhanding, but those would only do her justice for so long. Suddenly, I wished someone who could actually fight (because I was sure I couldn't, my inexperience too obvious) would beat her senseless.

"I plan to do just that, darrrling," I said, emphasis on darling. If she could call me sweet thing, I could call her darling, it was only fair.

I had planned to use my fire magic, but knowing she had been cunning enough to steal armor, I was sure she had an amulet. I withheld the temptation of using it. Instead, this would be a strength and skills fight for me (and I lacked both of those qualities). Suddenly, I had to side with Gaucho. There was no way I would win. Why hadn't this been clearer before? Now I would look like the joke everyone thought me to be.

Recalling all my spars, I decided to use a common maneuver. I would try to lunge towards her and hit her right shoulder with my own right shoulder as hard as I could, all while trying to bite at her flanks. Happy with my decision in tactic, I moved into action.

My muscles clenched and tightened, rippling my ivory hide as I moved forwards. If she didn't move quick enough, I was sure I would be able to slam my 15 hand frame into her equally tall frame. Yet I knew I weighed more. She was delicate and built for speed, whereas I was more durable. I thanked the gods for my mustang blood as I pushed onwards, both adrenaline-spiked and angry. I opened my jaw wide, snapping at whatever was on my right (which I hoped was her body). With all the force I could muster in my jaw, I snapped my mouth shut. I wasn't sure if I had gotten a good bite into her, just because I wasn't focused on the bite. I was more worried about the sword that graced her dramatically feminine skull. Would she stab me? Surely she would. Why would she care about me? I was just scum to her.

Ooc: 800/800 words (1/4) she tries to slam into Hotaru while also trying to bite her

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Hotaru thought it was cute, truly, how the mare thought that she could wound the empress. Hotaru had done so much more in and with her life than the gold-pimpled brat could ever dream, and in half the years the flaming chicken had lived. It was vindictively pleasing to see the pain that caressed Aurelia’s face to hear Gaucho’s words fall in support of Hotaru rather than his former herdmate. Even if Aurelia walked away miraculously victorious, the Basin would have no qualms with hunting her down and flaying her alive. She was an outcast, after all. And certainly one that had managed to piss off every single herd in Helovia, and thus was deserving of her fate. There was simply no reason to fear her, because unlike Aurelia, Hotaru had an entire herd and a vengeful mate backing her. It was already a sweet victory.

A simple taunt drew Aurelia near, a fly to Hotaru’s honey. The armor was familiar and heavy on her frame, but she never moved from her purposefully relaxed position as the Pegasus marched towards her. Instead Hotaru merely whipped away a few flies with her tail, huffing at the heat that baked her skin. Was Aurelia going to keep her standing there or was she actually going to do something? Hotaru amusedly wondered if she was so cowardly that her plan was to bake Hotaru in Destry’s armor like a foil-wrapped potato. At least that would have been clever.

Instead, her bitter words laced the spy’s ears, and the pink huffed. “Is this your version of foreplay, to keep me waiting? You must be hell in Birdsong,” she sighed lightly, a sweet note to it as if it truly was a shame that the bird was so long-winded. “And trust me baby, Gaucho thinks fighting is far more appropriate. Your mate is just a coward.” Summarily the inaudible bell rang, their stances shifted, and the air seemed to grow tense with bated breath as Aurelia’s parting words crackled between the two fighters. Hotaru grinned, all vicious intent and vixen cunning, teeth bared as if to promise that Aurelia’s blood would soon coat each and every ivory square. Let’s dance.

Aurelia lunged forward, and Hotaru’s mind whirred, recalling her fight as a mere babe with Tingal. The heftier form of her opponent was a danger in and of itself, especially with Hotaru on the decline, a similarity she recalled and one she was therefore prepared to handle. Still, there was no time to move adequately as Aurelia lunged towards her. Gaping mouth moved towards her, and instead of chancing moving away on the rocky, unstable path, Hotaru charged forward in turn. The armor took the hit of their shoulders colliding, but Hotaru grunted beneath the sheer solid weight of the gilded mare’s stockier frame. Hotaru hoped the edges of the armor cut into Aurelia’s skin, leave her with scars to muse over in her infinite stupidity.

Forelegs scrambled to keep her center, shale crumbling as she swung left with the momentum of Aurelia’s hit. With armor plating protecting her flanks, Aurelia’s teeth missed their intended mark. Hotaru leaping towards Aurelia had lifted her haunches however, and the blunt edges ripped into the lower curve of her right stifle. Hotaru moving up the hill and Aurelia down in that moment, the teeth ripped and scraped painfully as gravity and the angle of her ascent worked against her. As Aurelia’s grip ripped free, leaving a sizeable shallow gouge nearly to Hotaru’s right gaskin, Hotaru shoved past her in her continued momentum. Blood sluggishly dripped from her new wound, attracting the flies even in her haste to move past the Pegasus and to high ground that she could utilize. Falling on the hill was a death sentence. Her leg burned, seizing. Fucking bitch wanted to play dirty that way? Fine. Hotaru could play that game.

Hoping Aurelia would seek to preserve her balance, Hotaru sought to ruin exactly that. With a nice bit of pain for the cowardly bitch, too. Ignoring the dull throbbing already smarting its way to the surface of her shoulder, Hotaru balanced on her forehooves as she came out of her short lunge and lifted her hindquarters. She kicked out viciously, aiming for Aurelia’s ribs on her right side. Vindictively she hoped it would kick the larger female off balance on the already precarious battlefield, send her crashing down the decline for a taste of her own medicine. Maybe it would scramble up something sane in her psychotic brain, Hotaru hissed to herself.

Whether her attack landed or not, the thief sprang forward towards the high ground, nubile limbs propelling her forward. She wasn’t going to murder herself on that damned hill just because Aurelia was too cowardly to fight her on equal ground.

Notes: Right shoulder, right stifle to gaskin
Tag: @[Aurelia]
Word Count: {799/800}
Attack: {1/4}

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Default to Hotaru, +0.5VP