the Rift

[OPEN] The Big Revival

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS

Glossy harks swiveled around on top of my sporty crown while I listened to the gentle cooing of the content, sleeping hatchling that was catching a ride in the feathery spot between my wings. Today I was forcing myself away from the pretty gold and white mare, and her entertaining mentality, to search for the flaxen mare I had been told of by the mountainous King Archibald. He had a title after his name as well that I had forgotten while taking in his sheer size, who needed an army when you had someone three times most average creature's size as your King?
A soft chuckle, that wouldn't have been heard by anyone around me who wasn't listening specifically for it, slid past my ink stained kissers while solid black limbs carried my sleek frame forwards. Today my intentions were to not only find the flaxen that I had been informed to find, but I also wanted to explore closer to the cliffs edge were I would one day leap from in an attempt to see what flying over an ocean felt like. Of course I would wait until Barnabas was a little bit older and could fly on his own if he felt like it, otherwise he would remain on the cliff and wait for me to return. Or go and inform others of my demise when red stained the ocean. I snorted, shaking my skull once and forcing the thoughts of death from my mind...the thrill would come eventually but for now I was to keep all four limbs on the ground because as far as I knew the Evangeline I was looking for wouldn't be in the sky.
Emeralds flicked, peering through the misty terrain that I now called home. It was beautiful, and relaxing that was for sure, but when looking for a stranger it wasn't the best. Mentally I reached out towards the slumbering puffin, poking at his subconscious until an irritable squeak came from the infant who was annoyed that his nap had been disturbed. "Do you see anyone?" I whisper over my shoulder as if the child had been awake throughout this whole excursion, my only reply was a bitter peck on my withers before his claws dug back into their nest of feathers and his lids shut swiftly over dark eyes. Clearly Barnabas was going to be no help in this...hopefully the flaxen would, by some miracle, be in this same area and just happen upon me.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Evangeline]
Words;; 416
Notes;; Arty is hunting down Eva cause Archi told him to find her and meet her xD

Credits: Image by xyroca @ deviantart
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
The mist lingered stubbornly even as the sun climbed higher and higher. Eventually it would be burned away by the heat of Tallsun making it exceptionally humid and nearly unbearable. The drastic differences in Helovia's seasons still astounded the orange mare. She could not remember Isilme's seasons varying so drastically, but then again her time in Isilme had been years back and as she continued to more forward with her life Isilme seemed less and less important. Her steps were soft, barely noticible, as she made her way toward the cliffs that bordered the ocean.

The breeze lifted her mane from her neck, offering her a brief reprieve, before it settled back in place. As much as she hated Frostfall when it came with all of its icy wrath she wanted it back because the only thing worse than freezing was feeling like you were melting. Even Tallis was grumpy because of the heat.

"We should take a trip up north." Eva said to the dragon as they walked. "Not a long one, just long enough to cool off." Tallis didn't seem to appreciate the idea because 'up north' equated to 'Basin' and 'Basin' equated to unicorns that the dragon couldn't seem to trust despite the peace they had with the Edge. Evangeline sighed, her steps coming to a halt as they reached the Edge cliffs. She looked down at the waves crashing below and she wondered how many went to that spot and watched the waves and found comfort in it.

'Fish.' Tallis said as he flew over the edge and headed down to the water to hunt. "Eat it down there!" His bonded called after him because she was not too keen on having fish scales flung at her as Tallis ate.

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS

It seemed that this flaxen mare and her bonded dragon were a much more elusive pair than I had originally believed. That or the herd lands of the Edge were much, much larger than I had thought at first glance. The second option seemed much more likely as I continued forward towards the cliffs edge where I would remain for a good majority of the day to enjoy the salt spray against my body. As soon as the sun burned the mist away for the day the lands would become nearly unbearably hot even in the shade, the only reprise would be to find a body of water to rest in. But even that would take energy and the puffin napping happily on my withers was already in such a grumpy mood I was nearly afraid to take him out of the Edge for fear of the temper tantrum it would ensue. Snorting harshly my star studded skull shook to force ideas of temper tantrums and heat exhaustion from my mind, never have I hoped for a paler coat as much as I had in this Tallsun. Normally the glossy quality of my coat was something I held much pride in when standing next to my much more dull counterparts.
Emeralds moved lazily across the horizon as I drew closer to the cliff's edge, taking in the tantalizing way the ocean met the crystal clear blue sky. All of it was so inviting and for a moment I thought about putting the puffin on the ground and going to test the water myself before I could return, but as that thought traipsed through my mind the puffin's grip on the small feathers between wings grew tighter. And my gaze fell upon a flaming form with hair as bright as the white sands of the Endless Blue, glossy harks flicked forwards as I wondered if this creature was the mare I had been told to find. The flash of scales in the sunlight as the reptilian animal went over the edge of the cliffs pulled my gaze away from the mare for a moment her voice reaching out towards me but the words were all but lost in the oceanic breeze. Not only was the view of the ocean beautiful and the thought of flying down a cliff side overly exciting, but there was a breeze here, a wonderful escape from the heat of the rest of the lands. Dark limbs pulled my lanky frame a little closer before I stood at the very edge of the cliff a few safe yards away from the white marked mare before my vocal chords trembled to life.
"Are you Evangeline?" My deep baritones filled the air, mingling with the sound of the waves crashing beneath us as emeralds pulled away from the frothy white caps to look upon the mare that seemed to fit the description given by the black beast. But then again, there could always be more than one flaxen mare in a herd.
Clearing my throat, I felt the heat rise to my sporty cheekbones as my skull lowered ever so slightly in shame. "Oh where are my manners m'am. I am Artorius, when I joined the King Archibald told me to search out a mare that fits your description by the name of Evangeline." Although I wasn't sure why I was instructed to find this mare, hopefully she would understand the meaning of me needing to introduce myself to her once she heard that Archibald sent me this way.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[Evangeline]
Words;; 592
Notes;; I'm so sorry I'm slow!! D:

Credits: Image by xyroca @ deviantart
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
"Are you Evangeline?"

Evangeline had been so preoccupied with watching her companion disappear over the edge of the cliff that she failed to notice the stallion that had approached her. She flinched then turned to face him, her emerald eyes sweeping over his frame. Even though she did not know everyone that called the misty forests home she was sure that she had never seen that particular stallion before. Surely she would have seen him at the herd meetings ... unless he'd decided to skip all of them for one reason or another. "Who are you?" She asked, rather than confirm whether or not she was the mare that he was looking for. Sensing his bonded's apprehension and discomfort, Tallis abandoned his fishing trip and reappeared over the side of the cliff then settled on his bonded's back, black eyes locked on the newcomer and his puffin companion.

"Oh where are my manners m'am. I am Artorius, when I joined the King Archibald told me to search out a mare that fits your description by the name of Evangeline."

A frown pulled at the corners of Evangeline's mouth as it was revealed that Archibald told the young stud to search her out. 'Why'? Tallis asked. "I don't know." She turned her head to look at the dragon. 'Not trust?' "I don't think that's it. If Archibald didn't trust him then he would not have let him cross the border." There had to be something going on, but the orange mare was lost as to why the King would send the stallion her way. The only conclusion she could come to was that she was supposed to feel him out and make sure his intentions for joining the herd were pure.

"Why is that?" She finally asked, her head turning from the dragon so she could look at Artorius. "Why would he have you come to me? Did he tell you anything other than find me? Did you speak to him about a position in the herd?" Maybe he wanted a position that would lead him down the path of trying to spread peace in a land that was anything but peaceful. She had many other questions that she could and wanted to ask, but before she did that she would allow him to answer the questions she'd already posed.