Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

[Patrol with @[Amani] and @[Destry]

The spy, the diviner, and me.

I wonder who comes up with these arrangements, who decided who will patrol with who. It has always seemed so arbitrary to me, so incredibly strange. After all, if we did discover something, what would we even do? I am still too young to be of much use, even though I have grown significantly. I am not as tall as I will one day be, but at least I am not quite so lanky and unevenly built. But the girls? Amani and Destry don't seem like the fighting type, nor built particularly for speed. I could be wrong of course, I haven't spent much time with either.

Perhaps that is why we've been grouped together? Is this more of a social patrol?

I huff to myself as I land in the Meadow. I look around and see neither the dark mare or the paint. I guess I'm the first one here.

I fold my embered wings against my grey flanks and look around. The Meadow, as usual, seems fairly uneventful. The day is hot, and I wish we had been assigned to the Woods or the Beach ... somewhere with shade or the ocean to jump into. I can feel sweat beginning to line my flanks and between my thighs.

Briefly my thoughts turn to Ivezho and his tale. How he and Mother had not simply gone off, but how Mother had disappeared and he had gone off after her. Did he blame me for not going after them? For thinking that they were capable of just abandoning us? Should I have been more concerned, rather than slighted?

"This sucks." I say outloud, mostly to myself, as I kick the top of a flower with my hoof.

Why wasn't anything easy?

Why was being young so hard?

Image Credits

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

If I knew who came up with these patrols, I could both kiss them and curse them. I long to be on a patrol with Cera again. Our last one together had been nice. I don't think he saw me as a little foal anymore... However I am getting to meet plenty of others the more patrols I go out on. This time, its with one of the youth and a spy. I didn't really know either of them really well.

Today we are headed out to the Thistle Meadows. I haven't been here before, not that I can remember. I glide down to the meadow below, and it doesn't take long for my golden eyes to spot the youth. Well... He's really not that much younger than I am. I sigh moving forward. I think being out on patrol is the only time I am really annoyed with the fact my body seems to sparkle and shine no matter what I am doing.. However I am grateful for the fact I never have to worry about getting dirty. Momma said I must of inherited it from her. Oh Momma how I miss you.

But none of that matters now as I whinny to the other member from the Throat. We must be the only ones to of arrived so far. Wonder where the spy is? Ah well. "Hello." I say kind of awkwardly as I get close enough to speak. I really don't know what else to say, other than to ask if he's found anything interesting. Maybe he will just tell me... I'm not very good in these social situations really..

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

A quiet flight to the meadow, wings outstretched, wing to wing beside Yseult. She had grown so much since her hatching, feathers pushing aside the odd down that once covered her body. She was regal, a being of grace and— my thoughts are stopped abruptly as she slams into my butt, her wings flapping as she rolls off my side and dropping for a moment before reopening her wings, wind catching in her slotted wing tips as she rises back, soaring beneath me with our bond sparking, our wing beats syncing. My eyes close, and no longer do I see the world as I had known it, but through the eyes of- Yseult? Surprise crosses my face as I can still feel my body going into auto pilot, Yseult's head craning to view two familiar bodies upon the ground. Angling my wings as my vision returns, blurry but the view familiar, Yseult and I descend, a fierce duo with such potential ahead of us.

I fall to the earth with a thud, hooves striking up lighting, illuminating my coat a vibrant crimson with each step closer to the others I take. My ears snap forward, a smirk upon my lips despite the disgusting feeling of fear churning in my stomach. Taking a few more steps forward, I look at the ebony damsel and the familiar storm grey child who was at the beach the time Yseult was gifted to me. Guilt, unneeded during the patrol, sends me spiraling into a fit of self hatred. Oh fuck fuck I practically stole the egg from him. Panic floods from me, eyes growing wide. "Uh, I'll go- this way. You guys can go that way and that way. F- fly or walk- do wh-what you want." I swallow hard as I motion in different directions, giving a pitiful smile. "Holler if there's a problem, or- uh- whatever." I glance around, my outstretched wings and motion in three opposite directions, addressing each of them individually. Turning myself away, my thoughts reach out to Yseult. Follow one of them, my eyes meeting the piercing eyes of my familiar. She sets off to follow Rhoa, mentally nudging me to notice him before I begin to run forth preparing for take off. My wings outstretch, a few powerful flaps and- I'm airborne.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: #last minute af
word count: 385

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse