the Rift

[OPEN] Well... Now What?

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

No matter how much she tried to fight it, desire to explore, to feel the open road beneath her very hooves drove the Haflinger from her home. This was not a permanent departure, no, but simply a vacation. An exploration. A moment of dedication to herself, to get reacquainted with the land of Helovia in an intimate fashion.

'Is it pathetic, Dearheart?' The mare questioned mentally to the white tigress that met her step for step, 'That I cannot spend two seasons in a place without feeling the itch to explore? To see the world?' Perhaps she had no place in being within the Edge... She loved the World's Edge; they had taken her in when she had lost everything, but the Edge would always hold bitter memories for her, as well. Good and bad... But those who she called family, she couldn't, wouldn't leave. So many would be disappointed in her, certainly; Archibald, Destrier, Thor...

'No,' Kasai responded almost immediately, a soft, garbled growl resonating from the depths of her striped chest, 'Exploring is in your blood. Your family knows that, Roma, and certainly they accept you for it. It would be cruel of them to ask you to stay within the Edge at all times, and not let you follow your heart.'

Sharp, azure eyes glanced down to the icy orbs of the white tigress as the two came to a stop beneath the multi-colored glass within the gazebo, both of their hides altered by the myriad of colors. Romani's golden-red hide was slick with sweat from their travels beneath the merciless summer sun. "And since when did you become so keen on subjects of the heart?" Romani asked aloud, finding no reason not to. Certainly there was no one around to hear... And if there was, certainly they would want little to do with a gypsy-mare and a tiger.

Kasai's black-tipped tail flicked in mild annoyance. 'When you became so confusing.' She remarked back, and it caused Romani to scoff in good nature. Indeed. A sly look crossed over the large feline's face. 'And since you fell in love with Destrier.'

Romani bristled, ears tipping back and dark lips twisting downwards in a short frown. "I do not love him, Dearheart... I simply... I simply admire him a great deal." Within her mind, she could hear Kasai laughing.

'Enough to admire him when he sweats from training? Or fantasizing about all that hair? Tall, dark, and handsome, Roma! Or how you act a love-sick filly whenever he looks your way with a smile?' Instead of responding, the gypsy merely scoffed and pivoted on her haunches, leaving the stone slab-and-structure and stepping to the nearby brook for a refreshing drink. Lowering her head, the mare's lips met with cool water, her vision obscured by the thick, ivory strands of a cumbersome forelock.

Kasai joined her and lapped up a few swallows of water as well, and sensing the Haflinger's annoyance, remained blissfully silent.

Even after swallowing, Romani's deep, azure eyes stared at herself in the reflection of the brook's churning waters. What would she do...? It had been a long, long time since her emotions had ran this rampant. Since she was so uncertain as to what she should be doing with herself. Heaving a sigh, the Haflinger stood there and stared at her reflection, losing herself in her thoughts.

ooc: Open to anyone!

You Ain't Ever Gonna Change
You Got a Gypsy Soul to Blame
And You Were Born for Leavin'

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
It was a perfect summer day for some exploring in the woods and Alysanne was not going to waste it - she collected Hemlock and Naerys and set off with no particular destination in mind, the mother-companion-daughter trio set off. They stuck to the shade as much as possible, hiding from the intense heat of Tallsun. The flood that had washed through Helovia did not seem to have changed much and the relief from the heat had been temporary but she found it wasn’t so bad in the shade or if she kept her mind off of it. Wings were held just a little out from her body to allow air flow between her skin and the feathers - it felt silly but was rather effective.

Poor Naerys, though, she kept the girl moving enough so that she would not see how the heat wilted those beautiful passion flowers that she left in her wake.

Hemlock had taken a shine to her daughter, despite how he disapproved of how she had been made, and spent his time alternating between perching on her small wings and swooping among the trees and hiding occasionally to amuse her. Her laughter! How it lightened Alysanne’s troubled heart!

Alternating between games and learning the names of the plants they passed, it hardly felt like any time at all before they arrived at the pretty structure where Alysanne had witnessed her first companion hatching with Parelia and Africa. She played with the idea of showing Naerys what it looked like on the inside when she spotted someone else by the stream. Someone she recognized! The black and white pegasus remembered seeing the smaller, golden mare at the herd meeting but… there was no name to go along with that face. What a shame, she did so love meeting those she shared a home with.

Motioning for her young daughter to follow her, she trotted over to the side of the water - calling out a warm “Hello!” as she approached with a bright smile in those green eyes. “You live in the Edge too, right? I don’t think we’ve officially met - I’m Alysanne, and this is Hemlock.” The little owl swooped overhead, eyeing the tiger cautiously, before landing on the brown and white filly who clung to her mother’s side - peering curiously out behind those large, comforting wings. “And my daughter Naerys.”

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@[Azaneen] wants to join too :D It's an Edge party!
also I have permission from Rottie to PP Naerys :)
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A z a n e e n
but oh my dear
a guardian angel
is always near

Time and time again, I wandered with clueless eyes. Which had me traveling upon terrains that were not that of the Edge, where I belonged. Where I should stay until I better myself. Though my burning hooves danced with a fire that did not fuel on rage but on pain. I walked to relieve the pressure, to run from the past that constantly crept upon me. I traveled within my aching mind on a road all too familiar.

The heartache isn't as bad anymore, of course I still feel the shards of my heart ripping my innards, but my mind has left a sane place. No I've not gone insane but I'm not here. I'm no longer responding. I'm controlled by this fueling ache. I feel as if I am a ghost walking with no purpose. I am numb and cold. I feel bitter and tasteless.

Life is not the same without them and if this is how I have to come to terms with it, I will accept it. This is far better than the tears that choked me every night before. All those cold liquid balls that hardened my fur, that fell upon the ground and splattered upon the grass. I could hear the screams that shattered as they slammed down. I could hear every bit of my inner thoughts coming alive with those tears and it was haunting. Worse than their memories. I cannot explain this.

I cannot pretend that I didn't leave them behind because I did. I did this to myself. For if I had stayed and defended them, protected those I loved perhaps more could have lived, or I would have fell with them. I wouldn't be alone like I am. I wouldn't feel the disappointment that stains me. I can hear their screams, I can feel the terror, I can feel my hooves that thundered across the terrain.. away from them.

And here it is.
The flash back.
I am stopped in mid walk where ever I happen to be. I can feel a cold sweat begin to lather my hide. My body is stunned. I am running, running in my mind, I am fearful. I am turning my head. I am seeing their faces. I am hurt. I am pained. Though no tears begin to fall. I can only feel the bitterness inside me shaking the terror from my mind.

What is this feeling? What am I becoming? Why did they lie and say that it gets better with time? Why have I become so distant?

What is wrong?...

OOC;; You are welcome to say you see her or continue to find her invisible within the trees. I'm creating this as she does not hear or see them as she travels in her aching mind and then the next I will have her reveal herself unless you happen to like said, have your character see her. :)
TAG;; @[Romani]
image credits
- table by Niki -