the Rift

silver lining silence

Vladimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Silver lining silence caresses your kerosene blood
He stands with his back to his mother. "No" he protests, unable to hold back feelings that he never had for her and her no-good herd. "Please come back, you know we need you..." she says to him. He only shakes his head. They did wrong to him. They called him names. "Yeah, they need someone to pick on, if it wasn't me, it would be you. You know they pick on anyone they don't like." He hisses at her, but not sending a glare back. yet. "Don't call the herd they!" She says, upset.

You know, there was a time when I never wanted to hear her upset.

Now, I don't care. A small smile forms on his lips, and he can't help but let it stay. Why push away something so fragile...and happy? His brother told him not to push things that were happy away. Only upsetting things. Things that brought him down, and there were many.

So, he listened. But that meant leaving his brother. That meant leaving him alone with them. He scowled once again, feeling the slow materializing on his back, he looked to where his friend was forming. A ghost, a specter is there, perched on his back. He smiles, though he doesn't say a word. Why do you feel the need to stare at me? Ed asks, and he smiled even more.

"Because I like to annoy you." He says with a grin, looking back ahead. He'd been traveling through this forest for a while now, looking down, he feels it best to examine the ground he stands upon. Interesting how it is so dry here. So fitting to the season. He liked it.
Darkness fell quickly, maybe it was just an illusion. But he felt the wind blow past his ear, the first of the night. That was when he allowed himself to walk. To take a few steps forward.

An odd sweep of thought came upon him as he stepped through the invisible threshold of this new land. What was this place? Why had it made him feel clean? Perhaps, the lands were wiping him clean of his past. Perhaps that was it.

"My walls protect me."
anyone can come for him! c: even outcasts to befriend would be great.

VLADIMIR & ED
Lines by Tamme | Color by Sage

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

My plans were not going so well recently. In fact, I felt like I was slowly drifting towards that terrifying drop that would land me knee deep in shit. Still, I kind of liked the notion of being in trouble, all my life I’ve walked- no sauntered around, carefully tiptoeing between relationships but never leaving a mark. Despite my position, I’ve somehow managed to keep my mystery intact, many knew my name, but that was all they knew about me. I was the young, impressionable and naïve Czarina not worth a second glance. Good. I hope they keep averting their eyes and grant me an unchallenged stage. Still, our spying needed practise and as I travel to the Threshold, my gaze often glances northwards to the land that pillaged our trinkets. They were growing painful but I do not have a confident answer to them, part of me wants to go find out why, but travelling to the Basin alone was folly and quite unwise. I doubt Midas would accompany me. Sighing, I ponder my options as darkness falls and I enter the woodland of the Threshold.

Twigs snap and birds scatter as a kafuffle of paws bounds through the bushes causing my eyes to roll. Fantôme. I should have named him Elephant instead. I watch as he jogs at my side with his gaze darting this way and that. Watching shadows twitch and the undergrowth rustle. After that loud entrance, I doubt there is much prey in sight now. However, he did spot the chestnut stranger walking near them.

I turn to observe the equine with an analytical look. He was quite small and seemed around my own age, a blaze splashed onto his face along with a single white sock. My lips curl into a half smile, it was becoming quite rare to find such a simple lad around, and most she came across were all the colours of the rainbow and stashed gems. It made his humble form was almost weird.

Deciding to close in on my target, I move a little faster and try to turn in front of him in hopes of grabbing him at a halt. I pause and wait to see if he reacts before acknowledging him. "What brings you to Helovia?"

Ghost
All your life I'll tease, I'll torment
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Unregistered

@[Ghost]
He doesn't see her coming.

He likes it. Only at the last second did he see her out of the corner of his eye, only at the last second did he hear Ed mention a crimson-dipped shadow... "Helovia. What a beautiful name." He says, ignoring her question for the time being. Why would he rush into something that needed to be eased into? "Hello, my name is Vladimir. And you are, my fair crimson-dipped lady?" She didn't truly seem like a fair lady but as his brother always told him, all women deserve the name of a "fair lady".

"What brings me here to Helovia..." He lets the word slip from his lips ambitiously, something in the tone of clever and deep. "I do not know what brings me hither. Maybe it is the darkness." He says, casting an emerald-eyed glance to the ever-so-slightly darkening sky. It was beautiful in this night, and he couldn't just let the view of the twinkling stars through the twisted branches go to waste on this fine night. So, he watches them for a few moments, hoping she is enough satisfied with his answer and further unlocked personality...just enough to look up at the stars through the trees with him.

The mare, she didn't seem like one to wait and watch. But, perhaps maybe she was. Maybe she was the one in the shadows chuckling at a dark joke. Perhaps she is not the one he thinks her to be. Maybe this is a good mystery that should be left alone in the dark, he thinks as he watches her eyes in the dark of the forest.

"My walls protect me."
VLADIMIR & ED

He came off as charming I could at least say that for now as he slowly appreciated the place he had come to and complimented me in a way I had never been described before. Suffice to say my expression didn’t move though it was more out of confusion as to how to receive it than anything else. Did I say thank you or… How should I know? Most of the time I was ignored or spoken to with an air off official like business, I didn’t know why this was. There weren’t many who spoke to me on such friendly levels as this one. He had quite quickly weaved his way onto her good side in one simple sentence, clever boy. "Ghost, Czarina of the Hidden Falls" I offer Vladimir in return, my voice light and curious as I answer his velvet dripped question. He had quite an exquisite name for such a jovial personality.

I listen carefully to his reasoning and I find I quite like his answer of darkness, instead of paradise and sunshine. Shadows were good friends, they linger without causing a scene and are always around if one should desire to hide. "It is prettier in the night" I observe the shrouded forest in concurrence with his answer. It was then that I found an opportune moment to capitalize on and I return my gaze to him with a new spark of curiousity. "My own land is far more beautiful than here, especially in the dark" I comment as if its offhand and a sudden thought. Carrying along with the relaxed conversation.

Fantôme peers around one of my front legs and I briefly drop my gaze to him, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "This is Fantôme, though he is nothing like his name" I say with a long sigh like that of a tired mother. He ignores my despair as always and continues sniffing around the bushes near my feet. I return my gaze to Vladimir and away from the nuisance "want to see it, the Hidden Falls? I suppose we could make room for one more" I noted at the end.

@[Vladimir]

Ghost
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Unregistered

@[Ghost]

Ghost.

What a coincidence. It was funny, the way she seemed unlike him in many ways on the outside, but inside, she was almost the same. The same...it was a weird comparison for the two, they were barely friends as of yet.

He looks to the hovering figure that rested on his back, glancing eyes careful of the shape the boggart had shifted to...
it was Ghost, laughing at him in all her dark and delicate beauty. He shivered internally, thoughts creeping into his mind like a stream of what she thought about him. He built a dam, no one could get inside his head. Not even this mare.

I don't mind the name she uses to call herself. For I see it in truth. She is dark, and she'd stayed hidden in the shadows well, he hadn't seen her coming. I did his boggart, Ed, pipes up and he can't help but suppress a smile at the boy's words.
Movement between the mare's cloven feet, and he can't help but stare down at the beady canine eyes that seem to watch him. Vlad nods at her words, rather interested in her opinions. Though, he was even more interested in this land, Helovia. It was a beautiful place indeed, though as she stated nicely, it was prettier in the night. The dark seemed to cover it's flaws, though there might have been none in the first place.

When she speaks again, he takes a moment to realize that she is speaking to him about her home, the Hidden Falls. His mind drifts away in the riptide of his thoughts, thinking of how she and her supposed beautiful home, how it might benefit him. "The Hidden Falls? I agree, this place does sound more divine than this threshold to your land. " He says with a nod of his head in agreement.

"My walls protect me."
VLADIMIR & ED

He lingers in silence for a while and I take the moment to trail his plain face that was refreshing to look at. The broad blaze that defiantly ran down the front and the warm chestnut that surrounded it as blazoned mane framed his proud neck. I wonder what walks of life he has come from, the memories that had shaped his inviting face and calm words. He looked like someone who should be enjoying the rays of light with a hint of joyful laughter and yet he is a lover of darkness. When he finally does part words from his lips he concurs that the land of cascades was one that did sound more inviting. I wonder if he trusted everyone with such flare, but then again, would I not be the same in a strange land? The only horse you can trust is the one who is in front of you, the one who knows more about the slab of earth you are on and ultimately your life was in their hands for a moment. It was then that I found a little more admiration for those who ventured so sincerely through the woodland with no clue of where they were. I wasn’t sure if I could do such a thing and trust a stranger’s word.

I ruffle my wings and make an air of haste around me as if I was preparing to leave. Which I was, nudging the wolf pup so he stood ready and not districted by whatever was so interesting in the bushes by my feet. "Allow me to show you then, though I fear the night will have turned to day by the time we arrive" I said with a forlorn and regretful sigh. Ah well, if he lingered as a herd mate he would see many nights fall over the green land of the Earth Lord.

My cloven hooves begin to move forwards and I usher my head northwards, towards the towering mountains would be when they emerged from the forest. "It’s the closest land to here, but still a fair distance on foot" I say, masking the weariness from my voice as I faced another trek back without the use of my trusty wings. I didn’t see many pegasi in the claiming territory these days.

------
[I’ll make you a thread in the HF soon :3 Feel free to request a rank change and pick a tier IV rank. Also, I wasn't sure if Ghost could see Ed or not, if so, let me know and I'll edit my post! :D]

@[Vladimir]

Ghost
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte