the Rift

A Sweet Retreat [open]

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily
As the forces gathered to attack the World's Edge, Solstice began to climb. It had been hard, allowing her only son to go into battle. Aaron had insisted to go and fight along side the other warriors. Finally hours later she had agreed, not before wrapping her neck around her son's withers and hugging him tight. He truely was her son, her father's grandson. She smiled at the thought. Surely her father would be proud of them both. It was with that thought that the painted fem turned east and began to climb the rocky path to the Heavenly Fields. She had decided weeks before, as the new baby began to show that this would be where she gave birth. It just seemed... well safer. So now while she was still slender and could easliy keep her balance she climbed.

It seemed to take forever to reach the top, but when she did it was well worth it. Sweat covered her frame as the bright moonlight shone down. With a smile Solstice thought of her family. Her parents would surely be proud of thier youngest daughter and her strong family. Her father may question her judgement on getting knocked up by a stallion she did not know.... but well... he wasn't here to judge now was he? Her mother would be pleased that Solstice had been able to start her own family, even with the loss of her soul mate. Ah Ata... how she missed him. As she thought of him the child that was starting to grow in her belly moved about. Solstice closed her eyes at the feeling. This was what motherhood was all about.

Hazel eyes looked around, since she would rather not leave the fields again until after her child was born. Solstice guessed it was time to settle in. Aaron would bring her news, and tell those that needed to know where she was. Gently she tucked her frame down and settled into the grass. Idly she wondered if anyone else would be coming up here with the oncoming fight in the Edge....

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali

S O L E I L
Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts

Soleil didn't particularly support the decision to attack another herd, but she was not in charge of any military decisions. That was all Paladin's decision. If he was able to forge alliances with the other herds based on his decision to attack the Edge with them, then she would not stand in his way. She wished him luck, wished their warriors luck, and wished them all a safe return. As they marched on to fight she had begun her journey to the fields at the top of the mountain where she had told Paladin she would be waiting for him.

As she reached the top she stepped through the fog and into the open field lit by nothing more than the moonlight. She stepped forward, her head dipping down to grab a mouthful of grass as she continued on. She noticed the form of another horse laying in the grass and she ventured closer to see who it was and if they were okay.

A smile creased Soleil's lips when she finally recognized the mare as Solstice. "Hello, Solstice." She greeted the other mare. "How are you tonight?"

Deceased
Emily
Ears flickered back and forth at the sound of more hooves moving up the rocky path. Hazel eyes watched carefully only to see another equine move atop and into the fields. The moonlight kept hidden the identity of the other, although Sosltice could smell the scent of the Foothills. The paint remained in the grass, nibbling a bit before closer sounds made her look up as the other equine spoke. Soleil. The pale mare smiled, and Solstice could not help but smile either. After all, they had been friends so many years ago. The paint forced herself to stand, the added weight of her growing belly making her slow to rise. "Hello Soleil... I'm, as calm as any mother can be right now." Hazel eyes looked to Soleil. For once the pair had something in common.... They both had someone in the fight that they both did not... well could not lose. "I hope Aaron will stick with the other warriors and your mate....." She looked off then, into the distance and up to the stars.

It was only then her mind brought her to thoughts of both Crane and Aderes. With a sigh she spoke once more. "Soleil.... why did you pick Terrador, over my brother.... You know he really loved you..." It had seemed like a twisted triangle back then. Crane and Ata liked her.... and Aderes had fought for Soleil's affection only to lose out to Terrador.

Deceased
ali

S O L E I L

It was hard to miss the swell of Solstice's belly when the mare stood. Soleil knew well that Solstice had promised herself to Aera's son, Ataraxia. She also knew that he was not anywhere within Helovia's borders, so it left the mare wondering who the father of Solstice's child was, and if she had found love again. Soleil dearly hoped that the other mare was able to find love. It was a beautiful thing, heartbreaking to lose, and even more beautiful when it was found again.

"Aaron is a strong, smart boy." Soleil said. "I believe he will do well and I know Paladin will not let any harm come to him should he be able to prevent it." She sounded confident, but she was every bit as worried as Solstice was. Paladin was in battle with unicorns that would be fighting for their home. She knew the pains that one would go through to keep their home safe. She would not allow herself to sound worried for Solstice's sake. If the pregnant mare needed someone to lean on then she would be there. If she needed someone to speak with confidence then she would.

Silence enveloped the mares only to be broken by a question from Solstice. It was a question that had Soleil taken aback. She was silent as she thought about the question, mulling over the memories of Aderes and Terrador. "My time with Terrador was nothing but foolish." She admitted. "He was a smooth talker. It was why he had so many mares falling all over him. I didn't choose him so much as he talked me into ridding myself of virginity. I didn't expect a foal out of it, but I don't regret Tyradon's conception, either. Nor do I regret Cael's. The only thing I regret is not being there for them when they needed me most. During the sundering Tyradon disappeared with his father and Cael fell among the many casualties because I couldn't protect him." It was still as painful as ever, the memory of waking to her son's dying breaths.

"I did love Aderes, but not in the same way that he loved me. He was my best friend." And she missed him dearly. "I was partly scared of what a relationship could do to our friendship. If it failed I would lose him, but I lost him anyway." Her head turned and she looked at Solstice. "Why did you choose Ataraxia? My brother loved you as well, though he didn't show it so openly."

Deceased
Emily
Hazel eyes watched as Soleil spotted the familer belly swell. As she listened to the pale leader speak, Solstice was lost in thought. Sure she heard what Soleil was saying, Aaron was smart and Paladin would do what he could if he could. But she still worried. Aaron was the only proof of the love she and Ataraxia had shared. Before Soleil could speak again Solstice spoke. "The child I carry now.... Is not the child of Ata..... I was foolish, and made a mistake. But I will love this child as if it was his.... I fear the shades have taken more than just my son's grandmother from us...." Would Soleil understand? Solstice was lost without her love.... She made a mistake.

It was then that she spoke answering the question Solstice had asked. It had been heard that Terrador was quiet the charmer. Sols could only frown and understand the pain that her childhood friend had felt when she lost her sons and thier father. Paladin seemed to be her soulmate, just as Ataraxia was her own. Solstice nodded as Soleil admited her loved Aderes, but not the way he loved her. Much the way Crane had loved her. It seemed as if Soleil was reading her own thoughts as she asked why she had choosen Ata. "I believe fate had a hand in that.... Ata was the very first colt I met, outside of the Cliffs herd.. After my father's sudden death." Solstice started to get choked up, but quickly was able to keep talking "We bonded from the time we were very young, in a way Crane and I never did.... When the battle for the Tides was lost.... I fled to Eterna, and as if he knew I would be there so did Ataraxia. It was there, before the sundering, we admited we loved each other. The blackout seperated us..... Most has awoken by the time I did.... I guess I was lucky to find him again, lucky that we had Aaron.... I feel, lost, without him now." She looked back to Soleil and spoke softly "I have not seen my brother since the sundering, I wonder often what has become of him.... When I was chased from Isilme, the shades that chased me were my parents and older sister..... I still hope hope that Aderes and Gabriel made it out, somehow...." In her mind, Ata did not make it.... From what Adele had said.... It was unlikely he had. If Aera had fallen... what hope did she have for her son?

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali

S O L E I L

"I don't believe any child is a mistake." Soleil said, smiling slightly. "Our actions that lead to them may be foolish and we may view it as a mistake, but we are gifted with children for a reason. They bring us joy and happiness and a purpose." Being a mother just felt so right to her. She felt like it completed her in a way that being a warrior hadn't. "Don't give up hope, Solstice." She said next. "Just because he is not here doesn't mean he isn't still alive." He could very well be searching for them.

Her ears tilted forward and she listened intently to Solstice as she spoke of meeting Ataraxia and eventually falling in love with him. "A match made in heaven." She fell quiet again as the conversation shifted to Aderes and the escape from Isilme. Soleil stepped forward and gently nudged Solstice's cheek. "My brother disappeared before the shades attacked. I haven't seen him since, nor do I know if he even made it out of Isilme before the onslaught began." The mare sighed and looked up toward the moon for a moment. "The only thing we can do now is hope for the best. I have all the faith in the world that they are alive and well and searching for us."

Deceased
Emily
As Soleil smiled, so did Solstice. They had more in common than the painted girl had first thought. Now that they had talked, well, Sols regretted all the negitive thoughts she had about her once childhood friend. "I'm hoping for a daughter.... Maybe one who will be more peaceful than I rasied her older brother to be. " Just as Soleil felt, so did Solstice. Being a mother and rasing a family just felt so right, so perfect. She was not a warrior like her father, more a lover like her mother.

She ould only nod as Soleil said the match was made in heaven "So it seemed... I have hope.... I think, after my child is born and doesn't need me... I might go looking for our brothers and Ata... I just have to know..." It had been something she had been concidering for some time now. Anarore had been home, it always would be. That shade and dark filled place still called out to her. "I fear what I may find, but I have to know." The look on her face was serious. She then looked back up, this time to the moon, wondering if anyone she loved was looking at the moon now and wondering about her as well.

"TALK TALK TALK."

Deceased
ali

S O L E I L

"Neither of my daughters turned out to be very peaceable." Soleil said with a quiet laugh. "Their father's blood is strong." Peaceful or not she was still proud of her daughters. They could defend themselves so she didn't worry about them so much now as she used to. The only thing that terrified her was that they would become warriors like their father. She felt like that was every mother's worst nightmare, though. They definitely made her understand what her own mother had gone through.

Her gaze fell back to Solstice and she listened as she talked about leaving to find Ataraxia and Crane. Soleil didn't hide the frown that creased her lips. "I wish for you to stay." She said, completely honest about her desire. "But I do understand the need to find out the truth, so I will hope for the best for you in your endeavors and while you're away I'll watch over your children and make sure they stay safe."