the Rift

please see us

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Stand on my feet
Dance the warrior, the warrior

Einarr had defeated the witch that had birthed his child--his daughter--and had tried to kill her. She fell dead at his hooves and he took no pity on her poor, lifeless body. He damned her soul to hell, spat on her, and flew rapidfire back to the Dragon's Throat in search of his filly. Megaera and Gaucho had taken protection of her and seen to her healing, as well as the dark grey colt that had followed him to the original scene. Einarr stood for a long while in silence, looking at his precious daughter, before he even acknowledged his fellow warrior or his khal. With twitching ears, Einarr had lifted his head and turned it just slightly before he told the pair what he had done. He followed, then, with the request. "The gods help us." Einarr had looked Megaera straight in her eyes, closing the distance between them to stand just before his filly, merely a stretching of his neck away from the bay mare. "Where Einarr seek gods?" She had explained to him before of the Sun God's working in the Throat, and Einarr had been a witness to the golden stallion destroying the land bridge that gave entrance to the non-winged to the Throat. He knew they would help.

They had do.

Megaera agreed to lead Einarr to the Veins of the Gods, where she said they could summon a god. Einarr did not want to leave his precious daughter, but he knew she was not strong enough to make the trip, and neither Megaera nor Einarr had keys to the Dragon's Throat bridge. So the black stallion leaned down and kissed his daughter, and pressed his cheek against her's as he whispered a promise into her ear. "I come back with help, my Mordecai."

And so, they flew. Einarr pushed hard, the wounds on his body opening up and bleeding slightly from the excursion, but the pain was dull and throbbing. It was nothing he could not handle, and his body was certainly used to its fair share of demolition. When they landed in the veins, Einarr looked around with wide eyes full of awe. He looked to Megaera for only a moment before stepping towards the shrines. They seemed ancient, and even as they held a past of harshness, Einarr was amazed by this place and this sight. Huffing a breath, the primitive stallion tossed his head into the air. "GODS, TAKE PITY ON DAUGHTER. HELP EINARR!"

[Using my VOTG pass to please talk to the Earth God about a wetnurse for Mordecai. @[Megaera] gave me permission for minor powerplay. @[Random Event] ]

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
temper our souls with flame and furnace
bear us toward a noble purpose
</style>

He had returned bloody but victorious. Megaera had never truly doubted that he would, but in the hours waiting she had begun to wonder on the consequences if he had not. The edge of danger that the young filly had faced so early in her life had been buffed away with the coming of the Dragon’s Throat healers. Burns and breaks were mended and the poor girl had had her first mean thanks to Alija. In the hours that had stretched from that point, Megaera had stood vigil over the little black filly and wondered if she would have to grow up an orphan. Dragon’s Throat would have cared for her, Meg knew, but it was still a dark prospect. The father, for Meg now had no doubts about the extent of Einarr’s involvement, had returned to his child but that did not completely erase the shadows that darkened the new life.

The mare had been hesitant to offer up the girl when Einarr had returned, she’d been on the receiving end of what and angry stallion could do to a filly. Her worries though, had been unfounded, for as brutal as she know knew this warrior that flew beside her could be the way he looked at the little girl had held nothing but tenderness and a fierce love. When Einarr’s gaze had moved to Megaera, the mare had not hesitated in aiding him again, though her concern was all in helping the girl.

She brought the stallion to the place where the gods made their seat, and left hew young companion in the care of her fiends. The bay mar had yet to visit the shrines in this haunting landscape herself, but she’d been on enough patrols in this direction to know where they lay. They flew together at speed, neither seeming to give much heed to injuries, though the stallion did have it far horse on the score. Meg might not have stopped to consider it, but she did admire his fortitude. She landed with a clatter on the volcanic rock and made her way quickly up the slope to where the four shrines lay. She gestured wordlessly to Einarr and then retreated. She stood behind him as he approached the shrines, keeping a respectful distance. This was his conference, his fight, and she knew she could do no more that guide him here. She watched, listened as his voice echoed off the rocks, and hoped the gods would answer quickly.

”Talk talk talk”

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

It wasn't often that the God responded well to yelling. While he certainly understood that there was a time and a place to release such pent up emotions, rarely did he think that it was ever appropriate to discharge those feelings at another individual. Even when his son was brutally murdered by his sister he did not yell. But then the Earth had seen and been subject to more suffering than any mortal would ever experience in their lifetime. Perhaps the only path to such patience was the long and slow burn of experience.

The Earth around the pair rumbled gently, the sound of a faraway earthquake gently rocking the world to sleep. The God pressed himself through the earth, using the rocks he displaced to compose his great rustic form. Eyes, deep as the sea with a depth just as great surveyed the two who had come with such haste to his shrine. Einarr's words had pulled him from his rocky slumber, but it was the expression on his face which truly did all the speaking.

"I am here now-" He began, his voice calm even in the face of what surely must seem like an emergency to the pair. "-There is no need to shout."

His large wings folded easily against his flanks as his quiet and knowing gaze passed from Einarr to Meg, and back again. Breathing deeply, he closed his eyes and bowed his head. It was a difficult spot to be placed in, one that the God did not appreciate. It was very rare that he gave out a gift before suitable payment had been offered. Compensation was the heart of all contracts after all. Still, he had watched the scene unfold earlier and knew that this was not Einarr's plan. Here before him was not a trickster, merely a misguided Father who could not provide for his child. The God knew that feeling well - even omnipotence had to be limited at times.

However that did not leave Einarr blameless.

"I will extend my aid to the child. This series of events have come about due to no hers ... The fault lies with you Einarr, both as Father and Murderer. No matter how justified your actions, you are the one who has put her in this predicament. This one with you shall be granted a mothers milk for one season which is long enough for the babe to grow strong enough to sustain her health on her own. For the aid I will provide her, you will provide it five-fold. Find and aid five who seek the same basic needs as your child. If you fail to do this by the time your surrogate mother ceases to provide sustenance, I shall not be pleased, and my displeasure shall be readily known to you."

Looking to Meg, the God exhaled. As he did so the water around them splashed against the rocks, and the stones themselves seemed to hum with his intent. Magic gripped meg, allowing her the ability to nurse the child.

"I am pleased by your willingness to help." He offered to her with a small smile.

SO sorry for the wait! I skipped ahead a bit in the conversation to keep things moving for you!

Meg is now a wetnurse!

Einarr must complete his quest in 2 months. If he does not he will suffer a severe and permanent curse.

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Stand on my feet
Dance the warrior, the warrior

Einarr stood, turning his head around and looking from the sky, to the shrines, back towards Meg, and repeating. There was a clutching nervousness that began to wrap its fingers around the stallion's heart. Never before had he felt such a thing, but the love he felt towards the fragile filly he left in the Throat was deafening all of his warrior's senses. Had his father felt this way towards his children? Their mother? Perhaps...or perhaps not. When each of their offspring were born there was no battle for their fate. No, each foal that shared Einarr's blood was well-protected and well-loved by their rhojosor--by their family. Just a band of warriors all shifting through the turning sands and growing grasses of the fields and plains and beaches they took over and inhabited for a small time, their cloven hooves taking what they needed and their masterful battle tactics aiding them with force. Einarr's daughter, his Mordecai as he had so suddenly named her, on the other hoof, was born into a world of darkness. The first thing the poor girl felt was pain and hatred and Einarr vowed here, in this moment as he waiting for divine intervention, that she would never feel it again.

He would raise her to be strong. To fend for herself when he was not there to stand as her shield. She would be great, and all would respect her.

As the ground began to shake in a whisper of a tremble, Einarr took a step back towards Megaera, unsure of what was to happen. However, then the god appeared before them, the dark stallion was stricken with awe. Einarr was a religious man, that was true, as was the entirety of his rhojosor (though nothing compared to the devoutness of Gaucho and his more southern-inhabiting birth herd), and so the stallion was moved to act instantly. Reddened brown eyes shifted down and the massive beast lowered his body to bow before the impressive tribrid. He kept his mouth silent and his body lowered as the God of the Earth spoke. Einarr was infected with his words, they swarmed his body and dug within his orifices, claiming their stake on the God's promise of wrath should his needs not be met. The stallion swallowed, closing his eyes for a moment and finding his deep resolve. Find and aid five who seek the same basic needs as your child. "Einarr do as God wills," He straightened his body and looked the Earth Father in the eyes once more, giving him a solid nod. "Einarr tell world of Earth God's glory now until death." It was a pledge of the stallion's heart, something not given lightly, before he lowered his head again as a sign of respect and submission to the great winged and horned stallion.

"Einarr return when the leaves fall and the sun begins to hide."

@[Megaera] @[God of the Earth]

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
temper our souls with flame and furnace
bear us toward a noble purpose
</style>

The warrior pair waited in silence. When the black tuned back to meet her gaze, the bay would give him a solemn nod of encouragement. The gods would come. The gods must come. In the aftermath of the Goddesses fall, Megaera had certainly resigned herself to the fact that Helovian Gods were neither infallible nor wholly benevolent. Powerful beings, yes, but she took their divinity with a grain of salt. At least two of the three brother would come and intercede. The Sun’s pride would not let one of his flock perish needlessly, no more that the Earth’s mercy. They had to help; if a helpless filly was beneath their notice then the battlemare was not sure that they deserved any devotion at all.

Earth it shall be, then. she thought as the ground beneath her rumbled. The rustic god rose from the rock with all the pomp and circumstance Meg had come to expect, thought she was partial to the fire and light that heralded his bright brother’s coming. She bowed, as Einarr did and righted herself quickly to watch the scene. The Earth God spoke but the mare’s focus shifted to the stallion. He was a mystery to Meg, and she was not one who liked being left in the dark. He had confused her when they first met, all confidence and cockiness, but had devoted himself as much to the protection of the Throat as she had. He fought savagely and skillfully, a trained killing machine, but had touched the tiny filly gently and had spoken to her with tenderness. Meg had found no hard reason to dislike him, but had still not fallen into the comfortable comradery that came so easily with the rest of the herd.

The proclamation of the god nearly passed without her notice as she contemplated the stag she had brought here. ’….your surrogate mother…” Surrogate mother. Mother. Mother. This one with you, mother….. The echo of words set of a blaring alarm in Megaera’s head and her gaze jerked up to the tribred beast, a mask of shock. She did not have time to consider time to think, but a sharp objection blared from her. “NO! I CAN’T…” but her protest was cut short as the breath and the magic washed over her. Her body seemed to stretch and retract all at once as the very chemical foundation was shifted, forced out of its natural order. Hormones churned and left her dizzy in an instant and the mare let out a stunned gasp.

When she looked up again at the God, he only smiled and thanked her. It was the phrasing of his words the stoked her surprise and cast her heart into and inferno of conflicting emotions. Hit the bastard! Go to the child! Care! Provide! Run! Cry! Fight! her instincts all fought for dominance: what she had been trained in, what she had chosen, what had just been shoved upon her, none of them felt more real than any other and she was momentarily frozen. Over the rushing in her ears, Einarr’s voice reminded her that he was here, that he had started this, asked for this, done this to her and she rounded to face him. Some part of her minds had latched onto outrage, to anger, because that was what she knew best. Her vision was met with a mass of black and the image of the stallion’s tiny daughter flashed before her. Tiny and helpless and perfect, and she needed Meg for it was Meg that had been chosen, and something in the mare knew there was no changing fate now. She pivoted, taking the rocky slope at a canter and launched into the sky without a word and headed back to the Throat. Back to Mordecai.

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God knew that the welcoming rush of what he had done would take time before it crested through Meg's heart. He had expected her to lash out at him, though her silence he found intriguing. She was even better suited for this task than he had initially thought. In many cases the act of rearing a child came as a surprise - even when planned. It almost never went as one would have expected. Meg was at no disadvantage here.

The God's smile never faltered as Meg turned away. Instead, he chuckled inwardly to himself and vowed to check in on the babe and her appointment wetnurse.

"You may do as you see fit -" He began, his gaze rolling to Einarr. "But I have not aided you, or the child out of a desire of vanity. Should I remain nameless in this task I would still be as pleased as I am now. I thank you for your offer to spread my name, but it lingers on the breath of every tree, and the dust of every stone. You have asked for help and I have given it. I ask nothing more than you do what I have asked. Aid those as I have aided the child."

The God exhaled deeply, breathing strength and a clearness of mind unto both Einarr and Meg. Their actions now would alter the course of the young child's life forever. The God had only granted Meg the ability to nourish her - it was up to this odd pair to ensure that she thrived on the sustenance he had provided.