[OPEN] . violet eyes . [joining / leads or ranks that can accept]

Azaneen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A z a n e e n
an angel who's afraid of the light
her halo is broken
but there is fight in her eyes

My name to her was just as odd as her name to I. It is strange how the world creates different cultures, virtues and ways of life. It is strange the languages to stumble upon, the names, the faces... all of it. Everything is new. Everything is fresh. Though an old wound is only salted by the new world that brings a pain. A pain created by the realization that the past is the past. That they are gone. Here it is again. Scratching at me. Pawing with such force behind it, my chest aches so bad I just want to throw myself upon the ground and sob. A force that swells into my throat and allows for my words to choke.

It is hard to reply. It is hard to look past and bring her home but I will. I'm so close to the way I came in, I could go right back out and forget this all.. but I can't. I can't leave those I have already promised to love. So I face her with golden eyes. I can sense a lick of pride within myself for gaining a family member for those I now serve, though this pride does not falter my motions. I do not think as if I am higher than others, I am only proud of myself.

Proud to have made it this far. To have gone from literal skin and bone with not a bit of hope left, to gaining family and bringing more. This is it, my time to shine I guess. "I would be delighted." my tones quiver but I am strong, I fight the choke holding me back and urge myself to continue "We will start our journey by heading into the west." I flick my nose in the direction and begin our journey. Stepping with one hoof and the next.

This journey will be treacherous as I know the small thing behind me has much more energy than my graceless body. Malnourishment could have been the death of me but as I grow and gain, I can go farther. Push. Push on is what I do.

---

We arrived in time and I gently nickered towards the broken glass wall we journey towards. Making any that are near aware of our arrival. I know that I can not just invite her in without the knowledge of Kings, Queens, or those far higher than I. So I bring her inside though close to the border and stop. Waiting near a tree as the sun begins to rise and pour in blistering heat. "The heat of the day is rather unbearable, please dear Verlaine, accompany me under the shade of the tree." I look to her, my mind venturing far from the state it was in before we traveled, I thought not of my family nor did I feel the urge to cry "Perhaps we can look at your treasure now? I'm sure someone here will be able to explain to you about it, we shouldn't be alone for far too long." I smile and shift my gaze towards her tail where the orb was neatly kept.

Oh how I hope she loves it here and stays.

OOC;; Reply to this thread, anyone who is able to officially welcome her to the family please join in. All others are welcome but please allow a lead or ranked character that can accept her to post first so we can move this along. (Also allow Zuno to make a post first as well). :)
TAG;; @[Verlaine]
image credits
- table by Niki -

Verlaine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

et la vie amait la mort

Leaving the trees had been magical, refreshing, a pure renaissance to her life with a new era ahead of her that welcomed all. Blinking, she'd stepped into the warm light and fell to her new beginning. Her face was unknown except for Azaneen, whom she trailed in a leisurable pace. No one knew who she was, and while it would take time to abandon the idea that she was no longer something important, a piece of society that gave status and simply became no one in a short period, she was prepared for the challenge. Making a name for herself from stratch might be liberating with the lack of eyes on her constantly.
She gives way to tired legs and Azaneen's height in the end. Features fade and distort into their pale, translucient mass, hovering the black and gold mare. Conversation is almost dead without complaints from the smaller femme. The choice was smiled upon. Whatever language they spoke here was not french, and while she had spoken out to her traveling companion, they clearly didn't understand her. In due time, she'd begin the hunt of finding someone who did understand her.
Azaneen's halt brings her to stop short, drinking in the landmarks with every sense but taste. All engulfed her and she found herself drowning at first, lost in an endless sea that she'd know in due time. She withdraws to herself when she almost crashes into the glowing mare, throwing herself into the sunlight only for a moment.
Her companion pleads her into the shade to escape the heat, and while she can't feel it burning into her hide, she obliges. It'd be rude to reject the offer.
She tips their scale into life with her shift, checking on the orb afterwards. The attention seems to go to it when she cocks an ear to the mare. Every syllable is so foreign and out of place that she struggles through the translation mentally. Over time, she was sure she'd strengthen the understanding of the language, but until then, it would be a slight struggle.
"It'll be nice to know. With some luck, it might harmless." Her tongue recoils in her mouth at the feeling of the words pouring from her. "Do you think I would be able to learn about this place while we meet who we're meeting?"
Violet eyes glue themselves to the wall. Fancy, yes, she might of enjoyed the architecture back home as something to dress up their lands and add to the show of overall wealth, but what use had they been making of it here? The dismantled state drives her into a state of worry. Whoever was in control might be of a bad condition, and the health of the herd altogether couldn't be well, if she had been greeted with broken walls and a skinny mare.

@[Azaneen]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Staying hidden well within the trees during the hottest hours of the day had proven thus far to be an advantage to the pale maiden. Her coat reflected the heat well instead of absorbing it like the darker colours but even still it was too hot for her liking. Give her the choice between a nice crisp fall afternoon or a summer afternoon she would gladly take a day in fall. All the colours and bountiful vegetation was wonderful but unless the weather decided to be decent it was still a stretch to do much on a day such as this. If not for the cool trickle of water gracing the side of her cheek from time to time she felt as if she would roast. The little teardrop charm had been a strange gift at first but she had to admit that it was quite handy on days like this. Plus there was the added bonus of it being pretty against the plain canvas of her neck and mane. A splash of colour was beneficial to her bland features anyday.

Flicking an ear lazily as the sound of another's presence made itself known across the breeze she stood debating her options. While she would not consider herself of great importance or high ranking her position as Glazier came with the addition of responsibility. Before she had always sought out Kahlua or another ranking official to accept members into their home but now technically she could do this herself. It was strange to be considered of high ranking and the foreign feeling had not quite worn off yet. Waiting for a number of moments she listened for another to answer the mare's call only to be sadly disappointed. Guess this means that I have to move after all. Pivoting around reluctantly she turned to head towards the border wondering who all she would meet.

Blue eyes fell upon a familiar friend she had met fairly recently, Azaneen. Nickering softly in greeting she moved forward out of the precious shade of the trees towards the pair. "Hello, it's nice to see you again." She commented with a smile offering her muzzle to the thin mare. With time it appeared that the girl was starting to put on some needed pounds which was an encouraging sign to see. Having once been there herself she felt in a way responsible for helping this kind mare to overcome her obstacles and get better. Catching sight of the other mare she nodded politely in greeting offering her a smile. " My name is Brisa, welcome to The Edge. I'm sure that Azaneen has told you much about this place." She offered kindly trying to be welcoming and kind to the newcomer. Being the awkward social outcast once upon a time did not exactly make her an expert at speaking with those that she did not know. Hey at least she was giving this a try though right.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Azaneen] •• NOTES: Hope its alright for Bri to drop in. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo