the Rift

[OPEN] No more PMS [welcoming]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I have a history of bringing really fucked up, crazy ass mares to the Falls. I should think Midas would like to shoot me in the skull by now, but he's taken mercy on me. Apparently the numbers make up for, well, who the numbers ARE. I lead Rohan down the winding path, and I am quite pleased that I am bringing what seems to be a level-headed stallion to our humble home. 'I am bringing a new recruit. Meet us when you are able.' I see behind us that Tempe has decided not to follow. Quite alright, I hope she understands that the invitation remains open should she decide to take me up on it. Instead only Rohan wanders behind. "Careful of the footing, it can be treacherous to newcomers." I turn my head before me and continue down the slope. Reaching the bottom, I let out a trumpeting neigh to announce that I need Midas or Ghost to come to the entrance.

Out of the brush, Damaris bursts forth and bounds toward me. She jumps up, pressing her paws against my chest and licking the bottom of my face. I smile and nuzzle her affectionately. 'I have missed you too love.' She blinks happily up at me, panting briefly. "This is Damaris, my hellhound." I glance back at Rohan as I introduce my beautiful companion. "This is the Hidden Falls, ruled by Midas the Gallant and Ghost the Cadaverous." I feel like there's something more I should say, but nothing comes to mind. So instead I hand my head and look at him rather awkwardly. Durrrr.....

WC:
Tag: @[Thranduil], @[Midas], @[Ghost]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Down the paths they tread, slipping through jungle and rock. The blue banded, does let himself, like a well tamed dog follow with ease. Perhaps it was in weariness, he follows quietly dreaming of a quiet warm place to sleep several days away. Or perhaps he was still too smug of himself to speak. His mind curls around this new place. Many times had he passed it journeying north, but the sweetness of its earth he had never touched. Oh but now, it was all but his. Banded wing reaches out when it knows it is not watched and graces across the vines wrapping tight about the tree, or the water running clear and pure across the rocks. He liked this place. Sea blue eyes look to the back of that lion tailed unicorn. This land was full of shadows and damp air. Perfect.

A sounds comes crashing in from the side and the bay balks slightly. A dog bursts through the bush to its master. The blue banded tries to looks calmer. And smiles, nodding at her name. Though the golden always did hate pets. Had Haldir made it back the cave? But the bay dared not look back to the north. “It is a beautiful…home.” The bay bird smiles at Rostislav as he says it. It is of course, tampered with weariness, but also a relaxation and ease. For this is what home is supposed to mean is it not? The gold inside though could sense the test was just beginning.

OOC ::
Identity Inventory:: Cashmere
Wardrobe:: Satchel (inside:: collapsed polearm, dagger)
"speech"

Posting Poetics
credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The cave the Gallant stallion had fashioned into the face of the mountain, lay close by to the southernmost entrance into their home – a treacherous route indeed, though wonderfully convenient as it delivered game hearts directly into the old redwood forest beyond. The nest was concealed some, by the rich foliage of shrubs, blanketing shade and long grass that was scarcely travelled by any other. It had, however, quite clean view of the worn track as it wove away into the valley below, and often Africa caught glimpse of bodies travelling to and fro.

An unexpected sight pulled her from rest on that particular afternoon. A small, swift footed figure breezed by the periphery of her awareness, and curiously she stirred her sleeping child to wake. Moments later, the low thrum of voices rose through the tranquillity of the Falls’ wilderness (the conversation was incomprehensible as crashing water fought to drown it), and pale, yellow eyes slipped from their cover to investigate the arrivals. There were two – Rostislav who she knew of - and another winged stallion that it seemed she did not.

Zahra moved obediently to her mother’s flinching flank, bleary eyed and doddery, and nuzzled greedily beneath.

The one-winged mare’s tail flicked sharply however, and she stepped from the shelter of their den to cut a lean path towards the duo. The feathers adorning the lone wing to her right ruffled as lifted it high enough to rest (lopsidedly) across her back, and she offered to each stallion a warm smile as she neared. Briefly, out of habit, gaze sliced upwards to the sentry point often manned by her mate. She could not see whether he was there on this occasion or not, and upon returning her attention touched her smoky-grey nose to the withers of the filly – whose fearlessness had tempted her even closer than her mother.

Twin eyes, four glistening in the sunlight, watched with baited interest.

“Hello Rostislav,”she greeted the warrior with warmth ridding her tone. Thoughtfully she turned to the stranger and smiled. “I’m Africa and this is Zahra…” Silas too was nearby, observing from the sprawling forest canopy, but there seemed little point in his introduction at that particular moment and instead she fell into expectant silence – ready to learn of the newcomer’s name and purpose. Even during her time in the desert, she had paid close attention to the faces who crossed the border; she was a kindly creature after all, and despite reservations fuelled by the past, Africa wanted to set a sound example for her daughter to follow.

Rohan joins me in the open area of the Falls, complimenting the beautiful nature of his surroundings. They are beautiful, and it is a wonderful home. It's surprisingly peaceful, and though I'd never seen myself a peaceful sort of guy, I rather enjoy the tranquil state of the land. Damaris turns toward Rohan and eyes him rather suspiciously, but cannot find anything wrong with him. She turns her head to the side, hearing the approach of someone else. I turn my own, and watch silently as two feathered ladies approach. One I am aware of, the other... soon to be.

The one-winged gray beauty smiles in greeting toward us and stops not far away, greeting me and Rohan. Africa, a more recent addition to the herd, and recently quite taken with Midas our king. (And he with her.) I've heard rumors that this crush may have risen to new levels, and the evidence stands right next to her. Zahra must be the product of one beautiful moment between the king and his lady, based off her coloring that is a perfect mixture of them both. I smile at the little one. I wonder what she will grow up to be like - more like Midas or like Africa? Will she stay in the Falls? It's a long way off to be speculating, and I'd do better to focus on closer matters to hand. Such as introductions.

I nod to the pair, and gesture toward Rohan. "Meet Rohan, a new member of the Falls - for however long he pleases. Rohan, Africa is one of our lead menders. Should you be interested in healing, she may be one you can talk to." I look back to the mare and foal. I wonder if Africa is here, if Midas isn't too far off. I am sure I and Africa can welcome Rohan sufficiently into the herd, but it might be nice to have the czar or czarina here as well. Damaris jumps over to the foal, sniffing her curiously. If little Zahra was gonna show as much curiosity as she did, then Damaris would, too.

WC: 351
Tag: @[Midas] @[Rohan]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Our numbers blossom beneath the radiant glow of Tallsun. Tis all thanks to the loyal folk who reside among our thunder, they alone are the glue that maintains this fragile framework, their throbbing hearts hold this whole operation together. Them...and endless hours of repetitive patrolling. I'd taken the wee moments of dawn to fly to the farthest corner of these lands; almost passing over to the northern beach itself. Ahead and still far beyond view, those foamy waters churn with distant darkness storming; a violet mist rises above the navy and below the black. Fina had passed an hour ago, she now soared high above yon violent surf, her amber feathers always tempting the eye to watch. Both predator pools are trained for the possibility of sea prey.

After ensuring the border was well guarded, I willingly turn back. Morning had lapsed into early afternoon, and by the time my slow progress had made it though the western border our noon gem had climbed high and hot. Sweat crawled a windblown path slowly between insulating downy feathers that reside upon my nape; those beady droplets travel across both shoulders and pool beneath my belly, the effect stains my fur with salt.

_______

By happens chance I arrive at the southern tip just in time to see a small gathering talking near the most used entrance of our home. Neve chirps and lifts her crown from the soft fold of one wing. Sleepy orbs widen, delighted to see her latest playmate among them. Zahra. She launches from my spine, adolescent speed becoming more aggressive with each passing day. Africa and our babe stand near Rostislav, and all three are circled around a fresh face. It wasn't curiosity for this addition as much as a strong desire to visit with my family that set these ivory pinions to slow their heavy song.

I coast in from above, patched limbs extend in preparation for a practiced landing. A noticeable trail of gold splashes like a beached wave across the flora as these toes come in contact with the fragile blades and leaves. Once settled my feathers smoothly draw themselves in until both are folded into their humid sheath. Beads of sweat chase the jutting line of each cheek. A worn, but effortlessly coltish smile drifts higher as this heated frame boldly slips closer; gently, the base of my chin fondly bumps against the womanly curve of one silvery hip. Tracing, teasing the velvet fur with the musk of heavy breath.

Gilden orbs drift to Zahra with amused delight melting their center; lastly our company draws attention as the warmth in my chest fades to one of more appropriate measure, "Legatus," crown nods sharply against my chest. (A soldiers salute he'd seen many a time before.) To the stranger in our mist I incline my head, studying but offering him a polite grin, "A recruit?"

MIDAS

Word count: 484
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The golden never liked pets. He hated them really. The only thing that kept his own alive at all is the bond, which like a torch and hammer bonded his steel heart to him. So as that dog looked upon the blue banded bird with a colder eye the gold was ready to snap out at the little dog. Rohan though was more kind. Rohan did not snap at dogs. So growling within himself at the unpleasantness of his creation the bay gives the pup a small grin, worn at the edges. A sound draws the dog off from further analyzing, a breath exhales longer than before.

His bay harks too catch the noise. Sea blue eyes turn to the noise and steps a mare, small and grey with a filly in tow. Yet this was no ordinary bird, her one wing was a beautiful collection of feathers, but it missed its mate. Quick eyes did not linger long though as she spoke, and the bay tried to remember he was supposed to be polite. Pity. So much fun to be had around here. The mare at last though turns to the blue banded, and the gold could not deny his relief to see her smile. Before though he had a chance to speak himself the silver manned spoke up. With a slowness of weariness the bay turns his starred head to the creature and let himself be spoken for. It was no longer a false weariness. Having given the greater of his flights and then walked this way, not to mention the speed of which his mind spun to keep his charade, the bay’s hanging head and feathers were more real than before.

As Rostislav finished introducing the grey more fully the blue banded smiles. “A pleasure Africa.” Crownless head dips to her, and switches gaze the babe by her side. “And well met Zahra.” Turning back to the grey, the bay looks to begin a conversation point, his face moving beyond beginning smiles, but he is cut short by a rustling from above.

Sea eyes look up to see the night and day soaring down from their watch on high. The bay of course would not know of this addition, but the golden did. Midas. He knew not much about the leader of the Falls, actually nothing at all but his name, rank, and look, but it was high time that ended. Banded wings try to pick themselves up, and bay legs yield a step for the incoming king. The small tension that had unknowingly built up in the golden’s chest eased at seeing the czar in so light a mood. He was not here to tear the mask from the bay’s face, and the smile towards the newcomer was more real than the others. Of course, that didn’t mean he was exactly excited to see the czar, watching how he touched the grey mare several connections clicked. God though, get a room.

The gold walker had made a kid, lovely. But, the gold was ever watchful and chalked it up as a weakness as usual. There is no time though for a long tirade on his views of love for the gold walker speaks. Of course not to Rohan, why on earth would he matter. Though it did please him ever so slightly to have blended in with the rest so easily. At last the czar’s sight gave in and looked to the blue banded, who stood smiling, but till then quiet and at ease. “Ai, I am Rohan, and you?” Those sea blue eyes look so unassuming at the creature, though it gives them weight, he does not reveal in them the known names.

Turning back to Africa, the bay looks to start his point again. “I was about to say before it seems we were meant to meet dear Africa. Though I am a trained as a soldier, my heart has never the coldness for it. Perhaps, here, in this new land, a different fate may be, and I might seek to repay for the past blood I have blindly spilled. If you would have me t’would be an honor and do my dead heart much good.” It was long, and revealing, but the eagerness and sincerity was there. A touch of hurt in his eyes of memories they could not see (though they never were to begin with), and a worn hope, sheltering from the storms of past ills coming forth. So while the gold chided himself for such a speech his pride was still petted for his clever tricks. Now to see how the world would find this poor sinner’s desire. Won’t you shake a poor sinner’s hand?

OOC :: Sorry to rush this a bit, but didn't want to tie everyone up for long. =]
Identity Inventory:: Cashmere
Wardrobe:: Satchel (inside:: collapsed polearm, dagger)
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

The king arrives, likely hearing the commotion and seeing his mate and child brought him near. I welcome his arrival with a smile and a bow of my head. To his question I do not answer, for Rohan is quick to answer it himself. That's well enough, for I expected that the pegasus had much he would like to say, and I was not necessarily needed anymore. That being said, I linger, respecting the suspicions that Damaris has. Neither of us know why she feels that way, neither of us has any evidence to be suspicious of the newcomer. But I know that her senses are keen, and it would make both of us feel much better to stay and at least observe. The pegasus greets both Zahra and Africa, then Midas, though he continues to speak before even learning the king's name. I shake my head quietly, thinking that this is quite the faux pas.

So. Fate has had its way, and the healer to be has met the healer that is. Still I linger, listening to him speak. "This is Midas, our King." I look at the happy family that has gathered, and suddenly I realize that Rohan and I are the oddballs out. How awkward. Damaris continues to watch the new pegasus in silence, keeping her thoughts quiet as well. "Perhaps you should go with Africa to see what herbs she has, and how the healing works here. It is quite a ways off, it's best you fly or it may take you some time." I cock my head, thinking that this will be a good way to relieve myself of the responsibility of tending the newcomer, while making sure he stays in watchful hands.

WC: 288
Tag: @[Africa] @[Midas] @[Thranduil]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread