Up For Adoption
Filly :: Equine :: 15.0hh :: 1.5 Years || Tallsun
Tribs
Image Credit

Rue
"If I Leave My Grin Behind
Remind Me That We're All Mad Here
And It's Okay"

Legs are a funny thing. For a while, they'll work and listen to you, and then BOOM you're sitting on your rump wondering what just happened. That was something Rue had figured out quick, so as she snuck away from her dam's side, it was with less clumsiness than she had when she had been born. Of course that's not to say she wasn't stumbling over nearly every root and twig in her way.

Everything was so...so... wonderful! Silver-cold-stuff curled around her legs, causing her to spring up and buck around. It didn't hurt, but the kicking and rearing and general all-around flailing was fun, made her heart pump hard in her chest, which just made her toss up her heels more and more until she nearly fell down on her rump, of course. Rue wanted to play and frolic for-ever, and as she stood in a bare patch of earth, panting, she started laughing, falling over onto her side for seemingly no other reason.

The flowers in her mane gleamed like precious gold, signaling her utter happiness at playing, heck at life in general. It was on her side, however, that she caught sight of something big, tan and round, and curiously she lifted her head, blinking. Oh? What was this now? The filly managed to get to her feet(a feat easier thought than done) and stumble over towards the round thing.

Which turned out to be Uncle

Specifically Uncle's rear.

Rue frowned faintly, head tilting before she lifted a leg, going to tap her Uncle, to wake him up(because who sleeps on a wonderful day like this?) when her gaze caught sight of a bunch of red-ball-things. Definitely more interesting than Uncle. She wandered over to them, pawing at them with a hoof before sniffing, surprise coloring her flowers pink when she saw the round things had stained her hoof kind of a weird red-color.

Oh?

Ooooohhhh

Wait a moment

Yep, doing it. Rue grinned wide, glancing back to make sure her Uncle was still fast asleep(No surprise, considering how loud he sounded.) before she quickly mashed the berries and stuffed her left hoof full of them, hopping towards her uncle and pressing her hoof to his rump, dragging down.

To her delight, it stained his coat too! And...it stained it a reddish pink! Nearly squealing with delight, Rue slathered on as much of the berry dye as she could, covering about half his rear pink before she went off to get another hoof-full.

"Unca' gonna be happy. I help make pretty." Rue hummed happily, petals now blue as she hopped over with the next hoof-full, beginning on his side, humming rather cheerily to herself, confident that 'Unca's' snores would hide her little tunes.

@[Kaj]

[Image: rue_pix_by_lost_skies-d8kck0p.png]
♡ Please tag Rue in all posts ♡

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Sleep was a rare commodity for the persistent patriarch. When he did succumb to the needs of his body, it was deep but for a despairingly short amount of time. Peace had only ever seemed to come to him within the borders of his home, where he felt the safest, the most likely to doze off and restore the meager supply of sleep he somehow functioned on. It was usually rare to catch him fully earthbound, massive frame sprawled or curled upon his belly or side, allowing the mists to shroud him away from prying eyes in his little cove he'd long claimed for himself. Were he anywhere else, the king likely would have awoken at the truly gentle but still present touch of the young filly, but his exhaustion had won out and his dreams were too lucid to prompt him to awaken and find the real source of the touch.

Instead, he dreamed of Kahlua, of the two of them in an ending that Kaj was becoming increasingly more aware was not written into the last pages of his book of life. She held him, as he did her, and they murmured their apologies into ears that only cared for forgiveness. He reveled in the respite, in the brief interlude of illusory joy that painted itself so vividly across his eyelids. When he woke it would be to the pain of consciousness and shattered dreams, and he would watch them fall with agonized heart and prickled eyes. It seemed that even when he swore to leave behind his love for her, Kaj could not escape the endless faith and vowed affection that he'd given to Kahlua so long ago.

Perhaps little Rue happened to press a tad too hard, or her humming finally pierced the veil of the slumbering giant's mind, but Kaj awoke with a steady, relatively swift rise to awareness. Tired eyes blinked away the dredges of sleep, even as his heart broke a little more to realize that such fantasies were just that - fantasies. Had the pressure of Rue's artwork not stolen away his attention in that very moment, it was likely the Storm Bringer would have succumbed to the quiet urge to shed a few tears of mourning for a love lost before it could truly bud and flower. Grunting heavily at the disruption, the king swung his mighty head to narrow eyes down upon whatever or whoever had awoken him, eyes falling first upon his rather...red behind.

There was a momentary, hidden panic at the color, and the king began to struggle to his hooves. Was Rue hurt?! His heart pounded so heart it physically hurt, anxiety seeming to make the world turn on a dime and swallow itself to the size of a pinhead. Only when he turned round and realized, half-up on his knees, that the juice was too pink to be blood, did Kaj slow and relax. "Zoet?" he grunted, still sleep-ridden once the adrenaline left him in a rush, quizzical. Her nickname flowed easily on his tired, thick tongue, the guttural language seeming more natural in his grumbling state as his brain tried to process what was going on.

His...his butt was pink.

Red, to be fair, but still.

Kaj turned to look dumbfounded at Rue as he finally stood completely, swinging half-numb limbs to catch himself. Gazing down at her, he refrained from simply outright gaping. Was he supposed to be angry? There was only a faint trace of irritation, mostly he was just...stumped. His brain failing to process the situation adequately. So what tripped off his tongue was - "Did you paint me, zoet?"

@[Rue]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Rue Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Equine :: 15.0hh :: 1.5 Years || Tallsun
Tribs
Image Credit

Rue
"If I Leave My Grin Behind
Remind Me That We're All Mad Here
And It's Okay"

Uh oh.

Like a big bear her Uncle woke, stumbling halfway to his feet so quickly Rue scrambled back with a squeak, landing on her rear. Her ears pricked at the use of her nickname, and when he inquired about the painting she blinked, flowers flashing ginger in alarm.

"Uh-uh! Nev' do that to Unca'!" She flashed him a gummy grin, quickly tucking her pink-stained hoof behind the other, her smile filled with pure, utter innocence. However she couldn't keep it up for long, nearly falling over in laughter at the sight of Kaj's pink rump. "Sor'y Unca'. I thought it make you pretty." She jumped to her hooves, reaching up towards his face and bopping his muzzle with her berry-stained hoof, leaving a clear little round hoofprint on his nose.

"Unca' like?" Her face was hopeful, ears pricked towards him. She wanted to make Kaj happy, make him proud as much as she did her dam and sire. So, she pranced around to his other rump, rearing up and stabilizing herself by placing her clean foot on his leg so she could paint a smiley face this time, not realizing Kaj may not approve.

Done, she dropped down and pranced around to face him again, a wide, gummy grin on her face, flowers flashing a bright gold in happiness. "Wha' Unca' think?" She asked, holding out her pink leg. "Now Unca' like Rue!" To her, the similarities were clear now. He was pink, yellow and white like her. Only he had wings and she didn't...but that was okay because Mamma didn't have wings either.

@[Kaj]
[Image: rue_pix_by_lost_skies-d8kck0p.png]
♡ Please tag Rue in all posts ♡

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Crown turned in blurry, sleepy befuddlement to the shrinking girl before him. Her antics were amusing even before he figured out exactly what she'd done to him, falling about as she was. Ah, the adorable nature of long-legged babes. It never failed to inspire a laugh from the depths of his chest, even when he began to realize that she had painted him red.

Her flowers betrayed her, turning a ginger that he'd come to associate with surprise or alarm, and Kaj grinned down at her, both amused and teasing. Especially when she tried and failed to hide one tiny leg behind the other, what little good it did considering her size. "Then why are you hiding your hoof?" He schooled his face into one of stern disapproval, though his eyes still glittered good-naturedly. If he was to take part in rearing the child as her godfather, then he could not allow her to become spoiled. Even if it was just for a moment he had to press upon her the importance of honesty. Her concealment was just the same as lying, and Kaj would not allow her to grow up getting away with lying to him.

Luckily her apology was immediate, no further action truly necessary on his part, so Kaj allowed his face to relax into the same loving warmth he always showed to the little girl. Careful not to startle away when she raised her hoof near his face, Kaj patiently allowed her to bop him on the nose, a perfect hoofprint stained on his snout. The King chuckled and finally rose from the earth fully, shaking out his wings and hide from the vegetation that still stubbornly clung to him. Her hopeful face peered up at him, and Kaj couldn't say no to something so innocently sweet and harmless. Were it anything else he would have had to turn it into a lesson that would make her a better mare in the future, but in that moment he would allow her the antics she so loved.

"Why of course I love it, zoet," he crooned, winking at her and turning to dance in close circles as if to try and look at his own stained hindquarters, inspect it properly. When he paused she moved to his other side, and he patiently held her weight pressed up against his leg, making a blatant smiley face that caused Kaj to laugh fully at the ridiculous, wonky face that had ended up on his skin. Her prancing garnered a fond, loving smile that he directed her way. "Of course!" he declared. "But I can make us even more similar," he grinned, and began dragging his hoof through the raspberry brambles, separating the fruit from the stickers and smearing it a little on accident a few times. When he had a decent group, he spread them out and then winked at his goddaughter before turning and flopping into the pile with a whump.

Wriggling and tossing back and forth, he dyed himself with the raspberry juice from shoulders to hips, even getting some on the backs of his wings and his legs when he finally moved to his knees. Standing back on rocking hooves, he proudly displayed his body, dyed in huge blotches all over. "What do you think?" Kaj asked perkily, grin stretching out a mile wide as he danced in circles in front of the little girl, awaiting her judgment. It would wash off eventually. He would do this for her.

@[Rue]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!