the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Shock to the heart (God of Time)

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zunden had been crestfallen that Adelric seemed to be fitting into their home so much better than herself. He had a companion, magic, a cool blade thing, and his brains. Breath heaved from her bosom followed by a wave of disappointment washed over her. 'Father I'm sorry I've failed you so far. How can I look after him when he is larger, more clever, and more prepared than myself?' Horned head dropped as if something heavy was hanging from her nose. Had someone put weights upon her poll, or where feelings really this heavy? Minutes passed, and with each tick of time the pressure upon her dome lessened. A snort of disapproval shot from her darker muzzle. Krieger would be displeased to see her so downtrodden for such a petty reason. Just because Adel had so much more than herself, meant nothing. Turning from her home the girl trotted swiftly away from the sparkling rotunda.

"If you want something you have to ask for it." A dark chuckle crossed her lips, "If that doesn't work, take it." Her vocals dipped slightly with the last word. How devilish she was for one so young. Smirking softly she moved into a smooth canter enjoying the feel of her growing muzzles. The stormy filly was having a hard time trying to figure out what she wanted to ask for. A companion or magic? Both were helpful, both were exciting and new. Was she ready to share her soul? She thought not. 'How foolish am I to be scared to share the dark with another?' Snorting savagely the girl allowed her mind to wander more she slowly drew nearer to the veins.

It wouldn't have taken so long, if the girl had not paused often to rest. It was sweltering outside. 'If it gets any hotter out here, I think my damn horns will melt off!' Sweat soaked her grey pelt making it seem darker than it was. And it seemed as if the heat was about to be cranked up even more. 'Ugh this is just awesome... Now I have fucking lava to fight with!' Taking a moment to compose herself green and yellow eyes surveyed the land bridge ahead of her. Glancing down at the rolling lava for only a moment she took a deep breath and stepped forward. Carefully she made her way over the bridge, head high, thin mane swaying in the hot breeze.

Once she arrived at the middle, the filly looked at each shrine before stepping her God's monument. Different colored eyes widened sadly, realizing the shrine was split in half. Bowing her head low she spoke respectfully sure he could hear her. "Master of time I seek to speak with you. Please hear my call." The dual horned girl made a mental note to make sure that she would report the broken alter to at least one of her leaders. The God of Time deserved more respect than what was currently being give by the cracked shrine.
"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 500
Notes: Using my VOTG pass so she can get her magic! Wishlist [Magic: Shock x Light | can conjure lightning that takes the shape of up to 3 Maned Wolves that cause sminor shocks, for 30 seconds where ever they touch
@[Adelric] Incase you want to join, no problem if you're to busy!

Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Spark

Lightning struck the ground. Everyone once in a while the God liked a little flare, and today he was feeling particularly omnipotent. Where the lightning fizzled blue sparks erupted from the stone, growing and flaring to form the loose outline of the stout deity. His eyes were pinpoints of pure light, blinding and deep. Time flared and bent, bleeding and warping until the God was just standing there, almost as if he had always been. The scent of electricity and petrichor filled the air.

"I hear you." He replied evenly, his electric gaze falling upon hybrid. He sensed within her a void, currently being filled by insecurity and jealousy. A void that she wanted to fill with magic. How curious how the minds of the young worked.

"You are not simply here to chat, are you?" Rhetorical. "So tell me. What is it you seek from me?"

Although the God was the shortest of his siblings and the least immediately impressive to behold, he still held himself in a regal and commanding way. His presence demanded attention without the need for height, bulk, or magic to accentuate and emphasize his features. He was time and spark. He governed creation; a title which required no advertisement. His gaze bore into the girl, wondering idly if she would cringe under the weight of his stare or rise to his challenge. Would she answer boldly? Would she offer justifications? Or would she simply state her need?

Time would tell.

Image Credits
FOXX

Pare
The sudden flash of lightning caused the dual horned filly to dance sideways. It was hard to be a rock when burning fire flashed down at your hooves. Different colored eyes and nostrils flared before different colored eyes turned away from the brilliant light. As the startling light slowly dimmed, Zunden turned back to her God. The storm filly fought a sneeze as the scent of ozone tickled her sensitive nose. He was stunning in all his short glory. She bowed instantly allowing her right barb wire marked foreleg to straighten and her left knee to hit the ground. Her muzzle hung inches from the ground, before rising back up. Ears pricked attentively as his deep voice rang out. She was careful to stand tall, but not as if she was challenging him. Respect rippled through her, but was soon followed by guilt. Once he had spoke she allowed her own deeply respectful voice to waft out, "Pardon me sir, I would love to just chat. I did come seeking magic, but it would be a pleasure to talk as long as you are able."

She dipped her horned head before turning her gaze to his bright blue eyes. She smiled warmly enjoying her chance to speak face to face with her patron god. "I'm sure you know my name, sir, but it seemed rude to not introduce myself. I am Zunden. It's a great pleasure to meet you." She smiled once more her yellow and green eyes sparkling excitedly. "To answer your question Sir, I did come here to ask for magic." Her eyes dipped slightly in shame before she continued, "I would have come just to meet you, but I thought you would be to busy for a filly such as myself." Zunden turned back to his searching gaze meeting his gaze as best she could.

He was marvelous, and terrifying to say the least. His black pelt sparkled with electricity, his eyes seemed endless, even his hair was intimidating. The girl watched him curiously wondering what terrible thoughts he was having about her selfish actions. Could he see into her soul, see the need to prove herself gnawing through her heart? Shifting nervously to the right she continued to meet his gaze. Clearing her throat she spoke again, "I am going to make sure my leaders know that your alter is broken. maybe we can fix it. You deserve to so much more respect than that." Her gaze flicked back to the broken thing and sadness flickered across her features briefly. Once again she turned boldly back to him, maybe he would have a way she could fix it, or at least tell her how.

Arrogant Lingo 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 448
Notes: @[God of the Spark]

Zünden
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

The God's expression fell flat as the girl said that she would be happy to just chat. His gaze narrowed. Did she know nothing of him? Could she name even just one time he had had a chat with someone, just for the fun of it? Stomping his hoof into the ground, his gaze bore into hers boredly. "I am able." He spat. I am the God of fucking Time. I am able to do anything. "I am not willing. Just get to it, kid. I am busy."

He could know everything about her in a heartbeat. He could know when and if she would bear offspring, who her mate would be, and the exact moment of her death. Did she think that he needed to be told? Perhaps it would save him time if she was offering the kind of information that he actually cared about. Which she was not.

At the mention of his broken alter, the God shrugged although he did appreciate the gesture. "That's the job of your haruspex. Not yours. You worry about you kid, not broken rocks. Now-" Softening his gaze slightly, a twisted smile parted his lips, dying to know what it was this girl had come all the way here to ask him about. "Tell me what you want."

Image Credits
FOXX

Pare
Of course he had fucking time to chat if he really wanted, but who would wish to speak with a bastard? The girl lowered her head disgusted with her own stupidity. He could punish her as he wished for all she cared. Shock her, make her an old nag that couldn't hold her own head up, and Gods knew what else! Instead all the sparkling Lord did was stomp his hoof in aggravation. Maybe some would have flinched, instead her dual colored eyes turned back to his cerulean orbs. If he wished her dead or in pain it would happen and she would take it. Grey ears flicked back as she examined his words. The girl named after light could not cover a slight snarl as he spoke. Kid. Gold and green flashed angrily; a fire blazing in their depths. She was not a child. There was no carefree joy, or any other stupid childish behavior from her.

Taking a deep calming breath the girl watched her Lord. She knew there was no point in speaking of the anger that bubbled below her hide. It was clearly written on her face. Long white tipped tail flicked a few times, lashing her hocks, before she got a handle on her emotions. It wasn't hard to rein in anger when she thought of being barbecued by lightning. Once more she took a deep breath letting it slowly seep from between her lips.

Grey ears pricked as she listened to him. His eyes seemed to lighten and she allowed her own mischievous smile to slink over her face. "I will be sure to speak with him sir." Dual horned head dipped briefly before meeting his stunning gaze again. "I came here in search of magic. What better magic than something that can shock and wow?" She chuckled softly for a second. "I want to be able to make creatures that can make my enemies run for cover, even while their hide is being zapped." She smirked at the thought of people scattering before her as creatures of the dark crept out of the shadows, buzzing with power.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 354
Notes: Temper temper lol!

Zünden
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
Her horn isn't broken

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Spark

Anger. It was such a boring emotion. So mortal. The God ignored it as it practically dripped off of the hybrid. Had he made her angry?

So what.

Did she hate him?

Who cares.

She needed to toughen herself up if she was to make it in this world. He was about to give a list of better magics than ones which could simply shock and awe, but decided against it. He figured she might go on a tirade if she did - or worse, to act like his words hadn't bothered her. The only thing more annoying than mortal anger, was moral righteousness. Did she think he was going to respect her more for keeping her mouth shut? Internally he huffed with amusement.

She had a lot to learn.

"Wolves of lightning." He repeated, thinking it over. "That's gotta hurt...Why don't you see how it feels? Here-" A spark amulet appeared in the air before the pair, and dropped near Zunden's hooves. "Go catch some lightning. Once you have some, break the amulet so you get the full effect of what you're asking. When that's done, go find a dog. Anything with teeth really, and get bit. It might help to bring your brother with you. Kid wants to be a doctor doesn't he? Maybe he'll be of some use. Then we'll see what you're made of."

Zunden must 1) Fill the amulet with the type of magic she seeks, then 2) use it on herself once it has been stored. 3) She needs to be bit by a canine or something with teeth. Then tag the RE account to complete the quest.

Image Credits
FOXX