the Rift

[OPEN] Night Watering

Tiva Posts: 26
Up For Adoption atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 3:: Frostfall HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
After her meeting with Erebos and Elsa the rosy mare had lived within the thick trees; drawing comfort from the solitude. They had freaked her out asking her to tie soul to one herd. 'I mean really? I didn't leave my home for the heck of it! I didn't want to belong to just one place.' A snort rippled through her tender muzzle. There was no need for a herd, when the Earth was her family, protector, and lover. She smiled softly as the filly thought of the pretty world of Helovia laying just outside of these trees. The days were much to hot to go out and explore in, that and she needed to stick close to water. Now that the moon was high in the sky and the stars twinkled playfully around the half disk. White eyes gazed thoughtfully at the dazzling lights before trotting forward intent on exploration.

Tiva laughed happily as her curvy body swayed through the under growth. It didn't take her ground eating movements long to find a beautiful place. Tall brightly colored thistles covered the area, some of them were wilting or lay dead shrived up. She felt for the poor things, wondered how the Gods could allow their stunning creations to die just like that. Burning tears slowly leaked from her white orbs, allowing the sadness of their demise to surround her. The girl knew that Thistles weren't the friendliest of plants, but they were still living and pretty looking.

Bowing her head the girl wiped her damp eyes upon her rose colored leg before turning to look around. She noticed a quiet stream and pranced to it smiling brighter. Pausing to drink her fill, the antlered doe delicately stepped into the water. She tried her best to get her tail as wet as possible, fore dunking her head below the surface doing the same with her mane. 'Maybe some water will help them.' Rising from the rocky creek Tiva walked out towards some of the sad, but alive, blossoms and allowed the water to run in rivets off her white spotted pelt and dual colored tresses.

image credits | table by wanda

Speech
Words| 355
Tags| Open @[Mauja]
Notes| Out watering the flowers at night lol
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
och jag växte upp snabbt, från min barndom var det allt—jag föddes redan slagen
då tänker du tyst och skriker högt, memorerar hela jävla monologen som skrevs för din inre röst,
He cherished night-time. Something in him had grown wary of the moon, not just.. distrustful but like the light from it was lackluster. In a way, he'd grown to resent it, and in the same vein, night itself—while loving stars, and the cool, the respite from the torment of day-time's wicked heat. So he loved it, and he hated it, and he hated loving it as much as he loved to hate it.

But in a way, it had grown.. old. He'd seen many nights. He'd seen many days, too, but he'd romanticized the night a lot more, finding safety and mystery in its moonlit fog and the grayed-out colors, and the shadows, and.. and in how the starlight glittered coldly upon snow-crystals, frost riming everything, and it was beautiful, but... As he stood there, staring at the near-gray thistle flowers spread about like the desecration of something beautiful, he realized that he was as tired of it was he was of himself. He doubted he'd ever forsake his love of winter for the love of some other season, but his love of night... Wasn't it time to appreciate the day, some?

With its sweltering heat, swarms of flies, and the sweat seeping out of every pore? Nothankyou. And things had a different mystery in the darkness, like you weren't exactly sure what you were seeing, and.. well, maybe that was just kidding yourself. Fooling yourself, or.. someone else, or..

So the night was full of deceit and lies and forsaken promises.

But still, he liked the way the humidity went up from the dryness of day, how the air was soothing and cold against a sun-torched skin, and how it felt wetter in his lungs.. like it was more alive, and made him more alive, and really, it wasn't until the sun went down that he moved again. Flanks rising and falling, sweat marks lining them where it had dried in the relative cold, and the mind beneath the skull sparking back into life. And that was when he realized that he'd grown to resent this time of day—hah, it felt illogical to think, but at the same time he was fairly certain it was a correct statement.

Whatever.

Someone was moving up ahead, and his slow walk ceased entirely as he stopped to peer at her. She was.. she was coming out of a brook. Dripping wet. Absolutely soaked.

It looked like a nice thing to do, and before he knew it he was ambling closer, drawn by curiosity.

[ @[Tiva] ]
du lät exakt som ismael.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Adoptable
This land was so different from her homeland, full of life and mystery. Back "home" everyone was just going through the motions; eating, breathing, breeding. How stupid were they to miss out on the joy life held away from a tyrant like herd. Horses were still chosen to be married as soon as they were six months old. They weren't matched on mental attributes, but their physical short comings. The leads only wanted strong and flawless subjects. What better way to make people mindless drowns than to breed them for muscle instead of brains? Snorting softly she turned back to the present.

The girl smiled warmly enjoying the cool water upon her skin. The half moon twinkled above making her silver eyes glow; as much with her inner light as the moon's. She smiled soaking up the cooler night and sweet earthy scents as the water dripped from her hide. Bracing herself firmly the antlered girl shook spraying water in a shinny circle around her. The dancer imagined she could hear the dying prickly flowers thanking her in tiny voices. Sighing happily Tiva relaxed for a moment not wanting to disturb the droplets soaking into the parched soil. After a few heartbeats she turned to walk back to the creek and froze. A handsome white and black spotted stallion was striding towards her. His stunning light blue horn shimmered softly in the sparkling star light.

Silver eyes light up brightly, smiled coyly, was he approached. Putting an extra sway in her step the rosy mare strode seductively to the brook. Carefully she slipped into the cool water before turning her slender neck towards the much larger stallion. "Hello handsome. What brings you to this neck of Helovia?" Her voice was warm and ringing with her mild Irish accent. Turning her slender body towards the male she lowered her body into the smoothly rushing water.

She wanted to make sure her leather collar and feather wrapped horns out of the water; unwilling to ruin her trinkets. The water slowly tugged her flowing blond and black hair down stream. Warm eyes watched him curiously, not even trying to hide her feelings. 'I mean really, why would I hide anything?' "Would you like to join me? The water is pretty nice after such a hot day." Her voice was soft welcoming, and slightly inappropriate. It wouldn't hurt her feelings if he wasn't ballsy enough to join her. She smirked playfully up at him from her watery blanket.

Speech
Words| 414
Tags| @[Mauja]
Notes| Apparently she is a... maneater lol
[Image: _pixel___commission__tiva_by_poolpaw-d8e0uyy.png][Image: silverdreamermist2_by_cantatus_promise-d8ja232.gif]
Please Tag
Ascended Helovian

då tänker du tyst och skriker högt, memorerar hela jävla monologen som skrevs för din inre röst,
He was innocent, goddamnit—just a man ambling along, all silver-washed skin and moon-glow eyes, but innocent because he hadn't asked the stars to strike sparks from his gaze, or for the water to cling to the edges of his hair like stardust, shimmering and sparkling. He was innocent, because there was nothing suggestive to his walk; nothing suave in his eyes; nothing but a slow, steady pulse, and a fairly disconnected mind just coming back to life.

He was elegant, and he was beautiful because of it, but he didn't mean to.

Never meant to.

And yet it seemed to happen all the time, that tilt of a mare's hips as they snaked closer, swaying, lashes batting a tad too freely over lowered eyes, honeyed voices purring out suggestions and greetings and all sorts of improper things.

Most of the time, he didn't notice. And if he noticed, he pretended not to—but if left with no choice? In the past, he had played along, retreating into himself, shoring himself up but being who they wanted him to be.

And.. now? He wasn't so sure. Silver light ran its hands along her lissome frame, traced the contour of her neck, rolled with the hypnotizing sway of her gait, brought out her eyes, and.. there was no mistaking it, was it? No mistaking her intentions as she sauntered over, stepping back into the brook he had so eagerly come looking for?

Without realizing it, Mauja had paused, torn between his wild imagination of cold, clear water, and the sensation of being a deer in the head-lights, too startled to run away.. frozen. That heart, which had beat so calmly, was pounding, veins throbbing and bidding him to run.. run from this slender, fragile-looking creature of aether and starlight, and run from the enchanting allure of her smooth voice. It went in one ear and out the other, but the meaning had imprinted itself upon his mind, and he found no words. They had drowned in the paralysis.

"I—" But no more came out as he stared at the deer-like mare lying in the rushing water.. doing what he so desperately wanted to do.. to let it run over him in rivulets, to let it run against him with cold, bright hands, touching, soothing, cooling... He felt his heart; it kept thundering in his throat. What do you even say to that? To such brazen words coming from a mare who still had some of the slender features of youth? Shut up I'm old enough to be your grandfather?

He snorted to himself. Mauja the godforsaken, afraid of a little girl.

But then he thinks of another girl, one who spits lightning, and he knows that looks are deceiving. Small she might be, but perhaps he has every right to fear her.

"I suppose it is," he finally admitted, a vaguely tortured note in his voice and the same thing lurking around the rims of his eyes—a shadow, and little more than that. And.. really. She could do whatever she wanted, as much as she wanted; he doubted she'd be stubborn enough to keep it up for long.

But they all tended to be disappointed, anyway, despite never having had any rights to his actions.

So with a faint sigh he resumed his amble, all moon-spun silk and frozen edges, before lowering himself into the brook—not exactly beside her, just another point he was trying to drive home.

You can't melt the Frostheart.

[ aww gee, Mau attracts all the ladies ;~; @[Tiva] ]
du lät exakt som ismael.

Adoptable
Solid silver eyes watched the stud curiously, glimmering with mirth. Laughter bubbled gleefully into the cool night air. The leopard painted stallion seemed to hesitate as she slipped into the water. Was he scared of her? 'Oh poor lamb, does he think me a wolf in sheep's clothing?' Laughter peeled off again bright and playful. His single word made the girl feel giddy. It wasn't often she was met with such a response. Boys were so delightfully fun! They could squirm under a simple sweet smile, or even freeze just because she had glided passed him. Playful joy glinted in her shining orbs at his expulsion of air.

She watched quietly as he found the balls to speak once more. Harks flicked slightly at his odd tone. There wasn't much to go on, but it sounded; troubled. Antlered dome tilted curiously before her sweet Irish tinged vocals rang out again, "Dear lamb, I meant not harm by my words. It was harmless play. Maybe my name will help ease any tension I installed; I am Tiva." A tender smile graced her dainty features. Sharp attention did not miss how he seemed to purposely step into the brook beside her. It was very clear that he didn't want anything to do with her advances. That was fine, she understood completely.

She pulled her legs closer to her body before unfurling them carefully. Easing her body up carefully the girl strode back towards the dying Thistles. Once she was well away from the blue horned male she steadied herself before sending a shower down to the plants. It might be odd for some not to realize how important the plants were to the Earth, but they were. Silver eyes turned back towards the male before she carefully strode back to the water. There was no need for words, not unless he inquired what she was doing. Making sure there was a copious amount of space between their bodies she sunk back into the welcoming liquid. A deep calming sigh ruffled her thin nostrils. It was nice to relax with company, especially the kind that didn't want anything from her. Shifting her attention towards the stars a tranquil expression wiped all tension away. "It's an amazing night, is it night?" Her sultry voice a mere whisper on the breeze. The question did not need an answer. Hell the question was more of a statement really.

Speech
Words| 402
Tags| @[Mauja]
Notes| I'm sorry it took so long!
Please Tag
Ascended Helovian

Are you afraid?

The wiring of his body was still taut in places, lines of tension holding on to muscles for a quick escape, and the ice in his eyes was impenetrable. He kept his distance, hiding away behind those frozen walls and shielding his poor, hunted self. In some ways it was a shame that she was there with him, setting him on edge, because he couldn't quite appreciate the cold run of water over his sun-baked skin. He registered it, but only in the back of his mind—too wound up to relax into it and let it carry him away.

But then she spoke again, and his moon-silvered eyes settled on her with all the weight of the snow-capped mountains. Dear lamb?

.. lamb?

Lamb?

LAMB!?

It wasn't often that words affected Mauja—more often than not he paid more attention to what they meant rather than what they actually said.

It was the first time in a very, very long time that Mauja felt both genuinely insulted and kind of disgustingly patronized. Was she the wolf, hunting little lambs?

What on earth gave her the right to call him lamb, when he could kill her on the spot?

Maybe she could kill him on the spot, too.

Maybe she was some god-damned forest witch that would eat his heart if he upset her. And maybe her name, Tiva, was some kind of trigger word for a curse (would it make his ears fall off? hair fall out? he'd suffer a cardiac arrest and die on the spot?) and she was just trying to lure him into saying it by saying it was her name?

Like gods—you make me so uncomfortable and then you insult me and marginalize my reaction and then you think your name is going to make it better?

Names were worthless anyway, and he glared flatly at her with his ears flicked back as she got out of the water and moved away. Harmless play, bah. As harmless as earthquakes and avalanches and.. he grunted to himself, deciding that he was rapidly approaching the level of annoyed where it would overtake caution and whatever slight, fantasy-induced fear he held of her unknown qualities. Heck, he'd even spit out her name in defiance if he had to.

But despite the fact that he wanted to do little else but punch her straight in the face and tell her—uhh, tell her what again?—he remained in the brook, eyeing her with a veiled kind of curiosity. First she was all about trying to seduce him and then when he actually laid down in the brook with her she just got up and out of it? Had his glare at her words upset her? Insulted her? Hurt her delicate feelings?

He kinda hoped it had, but it was an unworthy thought, and she was coming back anyway, taking up her spot in the cold rushing water again, though.. maybe she was actually a tad further away?

Night-witch, Tiva. Man-hunter (maybe mare-hunter, too, he wasn't one to judge or assume). Slight like a slip of a girl. Enjoying the cool night and staring at it, and he stared too, at the crystal clear water and the distant sky with its twinkling stars, and.. and...

There was that thing about defiance and annoyance but buried beneath all those layers of mud and filth he'd found a kernel of gold: a genuine question.

"Tell me, Tiva," he began, and saying her name didn't incinerate him on the spot, so he went on, ears forward now and something softer gleaming in his blue eyes, "what about me made you approach me that way?"

Because it's kinda a recurring problem and I've never thought to ask anyone about it before.

[ @[Tiva] ]
du lät exakt som ismael.