the Rift

[OPEN] Only a little gangly

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Who would have thought that rich grass, exercise and sun would have been so beneficial? Aithniel did not exactly shoot up like a weed since she was not inherently very tall, but her bony hips and scrawny, narrow child's chest had all filled out. In adolescence, she was more refined, balanced, and the only hints of her youth were in a mane that still struggled to fall over onto her neck and legs still a bit too long. Muscles, new and strange, curved thickly over her rounded figure, and she marveled at her image in the oasis mirror, admiring her big wings.

Here, surrounded by feathered creatures, she grew brave enough to try flying again. Though at times, she could barely manage a glide, she was getting better. A running start was still needed, but the careful inclinations of her feathers were getting easier to control. Everything seemed to be falling into place - not perfect, but enough. Still, her mind, full of anger and pain, longed to right the wrongs in Helovia, but before she took up the mantle as judge, she needed to gain strength and wisdom.

Every conversation she could hear, she would listen, and her bright, silver eyes absorbed the world like a hungry sponge. Cloven hooves trotted around the water's edge, keeping to the shadows to avoid the bright, noonday sun hovering overhead. Aithniel watched the clouds roll by and a pair spar in the distance, nothing more than a clot of dirt at this point. Memories of the Basin met her fondly, and she wondered about Adelric and Erebos, needing to go visit the prince very soon. Alas, there were many things to do. Perhaps she should spar? Aithniel would have to learn somehow, of course.

"What do I do now..." she mused aloud, spreading her long, slender wings and jumping onto the cusp of a rock. She tilted them, testing the flow of wind and then sighed. Where would she even go? The world was vast, and she had barely made a dent. Aithniel needed to learn - she needed a class.

[[OPEN!!!]]

Aithniel
You ought to know where I'm coming from / How I was alone when I burnt my home
And all of the pieces were torn and thrown / You should know where I'm coming from
dry-oasis

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Rebirth was perhaps not intended to be a sensation, rather an event, and yet Cera experienced it with a fervent passion nonetheless. It seemed the tales of the phoenix were true, that a new creature could only be born into the world when it and everything around it had been destroyed. Cera wondered absently if the phoenixes felt as he had, when they were consumed by their own flames, killed by what had once made them so exotic. Did they fear, because they were unaware of what was transpiring? Did they weep and strike back against the world in futile need for purpose and stability?

Cera recalled himself from mere moons ago, so destroyed by the loss of his last mooring to the earth that he'd exploded inward. Destroying so many old ideals and parts of himself that had clung stubbornly throughout the horrors of his life. It had been a journey, Cera could not deny that. It had taken the love from Ranjiri, Ryuu, Megaera, Hector, Sikeax, Amani...combined with the faithful everlasting support of Gaucho, and surprisingly enough, Ampere's brutal awakening for Cera's flames to finally consume him.

He had emerged gilded in leaves of gold and copper, the proper Golden Prince at last.

It had given him new purpose and direction, and the young forger threw himself headfirst into his duties. The Sun had given them the greatest gift for the crafter, whose heart had belonged to schematics for as long as he could recall - boundless crafting potential and allowances. There were so many things he desired to do that it was difficult to figure out which he should begin with, but he would do them all in time.

The sun was warm on his spine, chilled only by the winds that passed in streamlined currents over his body. The Prince flew low, leisurely, swaying to and fro and rolling in effervescent circles that made him feel young and new once more. This was what he was made for. This was his domain - the sky and clouds and endless horizons.

Young one from borders! It resounded in his head, a cheery thing on a familiar soprano voice, though only he could know the sound of it. Interested ears pricked and head turned, the elevated child gleaming like buttermilk in the sun. Young and strong, aged as well he noted. There was nothing to hold him back from her company, where once he would have feared to taint her with his sorrows, and with a simple banking motion Cera shifted his course to find her side.

As he descended, careful not to stir the dry grains below into her face, the cherub called out a jovial greeting. "Good morning!" Long limbs crouched like an eager jaguar upon his landing, the shock of the fall absorbed in youthful knees. Easy gait brought him to the base of her rock, gazing up and squinting past the sun towards her face. "You have grown, it has been quite a while. Though I admit I don't recall your name - did it start with an A perhaps?" His frown turned puzzled as he tried to recall, unaware of the fact that it was likely for the best that he could not. After all the foals had lied about their names, not that Cera would have cared - children were children, and he wasn't far from one.

An easy smile spread on his boyish features, emeralds alight with kindness. "My name is Cera, if you don't remember me."

@[Aithniel]

I'm a soldier at war with himself
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!