[OPEN] Still in time
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
heaven's ablaze in our eyes

She had not discussed this plan of action with anyone, but she was willing to defend whatever outcome. The veil of night wrapped her in the luxury of invisibility, her pale forming sliding effortlessly from winter’s breath to forest’s glen. Rumors flew, burning faster than a wildfire, and she sought the truth – or at least as much of the truth as other’s flawed members and heart’s bias would allow. How, in such a short time, had Midas changed? Was his migration from the Sun’s beauty to the Earth’s dirt that different? None of it made sense, and Ophelia’s mousy lips turned into a frown. Not long ago, she had met Torleik and told him of a pegasus she had called a friend to explain that not all the winged ones were bad. While she had always known her judgment in character was severely off, how had she been so wrong? Or, was she at all? Questions bloomed in her head like fireflies, filing away as she curled around the rocky base of the Heavenly Fields, stepping with cloven hooves onto the rocks where her body was nearly dashed.

Keen eyes swept over the land, seeing the hills of the Foothills crumble into luxurious, roaring falls. Water cascaded over steep drops, and she walked the perimeter, spying only a few paths here and there under her cloak of invisibility. Trying to find the main entrance was difficult, as undergrowth and churning water hidden by trees seemed to punctuate every solid place. She lifted her magic, revealing her alabaster coat, gleaming beneath the light of the moon. A soft orb of sun bobbed on her forehead, light pulsing gently to the rhythm of her steady steps. Silver armor carefully encased her angular, leggy figure, and the shards of the lost stone glittered in her hair, capturing the moonlight and scattering it in glorious arrays of sparkles. Keen, luminous eyes of strange colors swept the horizon, finally coming to stop with the edge of her cloven hooves near a large tree, the horizon of waterfalls looming with little blockage.

Ophelia did not know how close or far she was from the path, but here, where the density of the foliage subsided, she laid in wait. Tinek spiraled overhead, his dragon eyes alerting her to the fact that she may not be as far off as she thought, and came to a gentle landing on her back, tucking leathery wings to his sides. His weight was comfortable – a close friendship of mutual independence. Ampere was wrong, and she knew so in her heart for Tinek freely roamed and came of his choosing. Why so many were caught up in their own mazes, she did not know, and Ophelia sighed heavily, enjoying the cooler evening air beneath a sea of stars. Together, she and her old friend passed the time, exchanging thoughts and colors in their heads. The exchange was simple and beautiful, a subtle reminder that in all shadows there was light, even when those shadows lay in the pits of her mind. Patient, a marble statue, she waited, a peaceful smile turning up her lips with white lashes kissing the bridge of her cheeks – peaceful.

[[ Leads :) @[Ghost] for sure! ]]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Did I send a shiver down your spine?
Well I do it all the time, it's a little trick of mine.

I roamed the roaring land that never quietened accept for in the dead of winter, not even when night fell and darkness enveloped it. I had grown used to the sound of crashing water to the point it was calming and a familiar homely noise. It was perhaps the one point of winter I didn’t like, when the cold claimed the falls in an icy grip that froze it there until warmer days came. The silence of Frostfall was uncomfortable though I could say it wasn’t nearly as unbearable as the heat that had come this summer and I was quite glad for the cool spray that came from the cascades. During the day I sheltered near it and travelled when the sky was cloudier, taking the edge off the sun. My dark coat attracted the blistering rays in a way that made me feel like I was being cooked alive. For me, this hideous summer could end and I would rejoice in its departure. When the night had fallen I began to move away from my cooler spot and on to patrol the herd, I much preferred to conduct my duties undercover anyway.

I start by the meadow, the place where most of the herd meetings were held and a place I had bored myself to death many times. Such gatherings always seemed to drag on, even when I was the one in charge of them, I liked to gather what I needed and then leave. If only to stand openly for a few minutes, I didn’t much like the roving eyes and the many minds that would surely judge me. I know that if it was possible to lead from the shadow then I would quite gladly and let Midas be the front man. Alas, I seemed to miss so many things this way. In fact, my current position seemed almost ‘name’ only these days as I stood beside a Czar so well known. Still, it suited me fine and I struggled to push myself away from this mind-set that it was okay to remain in his shadow. I knew that if I was to make this moment more worthy and instrumental I had to step out of this comfortable skin, but it was easier saying it than doing it.

Eventually my travels bring me back towards one of the borders, Fantôme bounding along in front with his nose to the floor. It seemed as each day passed he learnt a thing or two, his personality slowly being shaped as he learnt what it was to be a wolf beside a winged horse. I found his eyes on the ground were becoming quite useful to me even if he did wander often and get distracted quite easily. This time, however, he picked up a familiar scent and I watched him track off towards was a scattering of trees near the border to their land.

I followed him curiously, wondering if he had actually found something or whether he had just sniffed his potential midnight snack. I would be quite vexed if there was nothing but a frightened rabbit at the end of this. In the end, his trail led not to something but to someone and my gaze became surprised as I found Ophelia standing by a tree with her familiar, silver dragon patrolling the sky. She was encased in intricate armour as if she'd come for a battle and something precious looking shined in her mane. Lastly, atop her horn was a ball of light that made it hard to look upon her face and I found myself wondering if even she could see around the shining sphere.

"What can I do for you, Lady of the Basin?" I asked curiously as Fantôme came to rest at my side, quite happy with his work.

@[Ophelia]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
LINES IN THE SAND
Overhead the unblinking eye is slowly making its way across those vast heavens. A silvery shadow slips beneath sterile diamonds, adolescent hollows are tipped with frost and ice. The essence of winter, despite the comfortable air of another misty Tallsun eve. She soars in a wide arch over our patrolling sector, while I stand uptop a prearranged station overlooking the lower valley. Close by, another Zephyr is perched, her glowing crown tucked neatly away in the fold of one flaming wing. The soft breath of sleep is lulled within her lax breast.

Tis quiet. Moments like this allow the conscious mind luxury to wander where it will. Concentration fades to Africa and our fledgling cherub... both are nestled away. Small miracles. I'd never considered (with my previous failures still continuously plaguing) to be granted an opportunity to sire again. Yet here I was. A father and a mate. The herd ever upon these shoulders. That dappled sunchild, the savior, overlooks my faults; she lingers by my side despite it all.

Just as my heart found sweetness, a tart sadness is quick to follow. Those fond ideals take an expected turn, they swing fluidly to Ranjiri and her elder brother. A sigh whelps, drawing free as a groan...My heart would forever pray for their well being and despite whatever their reservations I yearned to embrace those babes of sun and sand...mend a ever widening rift.

_______

Gaze drifts lower -- lingering with sudden interest upon the dark canopy and it's tangled mass of limb, vine and leaf. Like a huge spiderweb that trapped all manner of prey within.
Neve had taken notice of an unusual object navigating our airspace near the border. I receive flashes, images of a metallic frame that is slender like herself -- yet entirely opposite in its design. She coos worriedly. These distant eyes narrow, peering hard toward the canvas of shadow. Behind me, a pair of awakened orbs rise from their nest; streamline skull shifts in the direction of her sister. Sleepy gems hard to awareness, taking on a familiar glistening edge.

My honeyed pinions unfurl from their sweltering sheath, I take to the wind.

______

It quickly became obvious that this wasn't just any serpent. Nar, only one lady upon my memory was bonded to such beast. She stood below with my colead, amid the thunder and dim light. I drop lower, casting a pale shadow across their loose canopy and swaying flora. What did the pale one want?
Feathers slow their heavy rhythm. Limbs extend and find the supple soil beneath, a welcoming mat. I lift my head, with lips curved and embers surprisingly soft, nonthreatening.

"Hail Ghost," chin tucks sharply, drifting lower to my chest, "Ophelia." Darkened brim lifts, glancing expectantly at the ebony lady. Overhead and at a distance my avians circled.
image credit

Word count: 475
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]