Up For Adoption
Filly :: Equine :: 15.0hh :: 1.5 Years || Tallsun
Tribs
Rue Fight for your values,
  And fight for your friends
  Fight through this black
  Find the light at the end

Night in the Edge was beautiful.

Mist curled around Rue's leg, crickets and frogs singing their songs to the warm summer night, giving tune to the dance Rue played, frolicking through the mists of her home. Her long, childish legs rose high, lashing out as she bucked and jumped, her laugh ringing through the air. She had taken quite the nap earlier, and now felt so full of energy she thought she would burst if she didn't get it out!

She reared, stretching her forelegs up to the leaves high above her head, looking for a moment as if she'd topple back onto her rear before she came crashing down to all fours. A toss of her head, and she's off, prancing and bounding through the underbrush, her stubby tail raised high as if she had a banner of hair streaming behind her. She hopped over twigs, darted around logs and sprang over potholes, somehow managing not to trip along the way, a breathless, high-pitched squeal of delight escaping her as she ran.

Stumbling into a clearing, Rue skidded to a stop, head raising as the budding flowers throughout her stubby mane flashed vivid yellow, then gold. Floating through the air were fireflies, filling the misty clearing with specks of light. Even her infantile mind could adore the beauty, and she plopped down onto her stomach, legs sprawled haphazardly beneath her as she watched the bugs flit around.

It occurred to her that, maybe, her Mamma would like to see this. It was pretty enough that Rue hardly dared to breathe lest the light-bugs vanish, the magic gone from the clearing. She didn't want that to happen, so she remained lying on the grassy floor, head tilted up towards the fireflies as they seemingly danced with the stars in the sky.

"Rue speaks"

@[Archibald] and anyone else who wants to join in :D
Image by Abba || Coding by Tamme
[Image: rue_pix_by_lost_skies-d8kck0p.png]
♡ Please tag Rue in all posts ♡

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald moved through the World's Edge. In the distance, he could hear the waves as the crashed powerfully against the rocky sides of his mountains. His ears twitched atop his massive head, taking in the sounds of the night. Most of the herd was tucked away safely, but Archibald kept his hooves moving on patrol. He was restless, eyes alert and body ready. The Moon Goddess did not need rest, and the darkness was her realm forevermore. It plagued Archibald's heart with concern for his herd's safety. His children were safe, in the land of the Sun God, unable to be touched by the Moon Bitch's unnecessary rage. Ktulu was with Ophelia in the land of the Spark, another of his heart safe. Lakota, Apollo, Vincent...not so safe. Two of the three resided in these misty lands, and his wombmate roamed the lands of Helovia haphazardly. Archibald had no mind to ask his brother to take residence with him in the World's Edge--for doing so only brought his brother to danger. Archibald would never succumb his brother to such a thing, and it was also the reason Macaria was still in the desert with her brothers and not at his side. She needed safety and the World's Edge was not safe.

And so the King patrolled. Day in and day out, his hooves shuffled and his head twisted. Muscles continued to bulk with use.

Loretta, moving far in the distance, suddenly sparked the stallion's mind to life and pulled his attention away from his patrolling. Foal in the distance, my liege. She spoke calmly, but Archibald could hear her springing away. As a master of battle his beast was, she knew when to hide her presence and when to let herself be known. Now, as she pushed through the bramble and the sticks into the clearing, the bitch was not quiet. Archibald lifted his knees to a trot, even the simple two-beat gait shaking the earth below him with his behemoth mass. "What are you doing, little one?" The royal stallion spoke as he broke the treeline and cast golden eyes down on the girl and his companion, who was inspecting the filly with a twitching, black nose.

table by tamme for use only by time | |art by her too

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me