the Rift

[OPEN] Secluded Devastation [Open to All]

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Returning to the darkness had never felt better than it did when the sun never seemed to leave well enough alone. Sure summer was supposed to have sunlight and sun but they could do without the five hundred degree temperatures that could melt skin from a skeleton. While this would be highly amusing to watch it was not practical and definitely not something she wanted happening to herself. Drawing her wings from her dark pelt she tried to fan some of the cooler air against her sides to alleviate the sweat beginning to build up there. At least underneath the shaded canopy things seemed to be a little bit cooler than the rest of Helovia. Shaking her head from side to side she could never picture why anyone would ever want this weather year round. Living in the ice and snow was perfectly alright for this girl. Gazing around it appeared that the only company she would be having for the day would be the oh so talkative trees and critters of the forest. All the other idiots seemed to be out baking in the heat of the sun instead of choosing the logical option and staying where it was cooler. No wonder the world was full of idiots, she mused silently to herself with a chuckle. After the less than perfect flood they seemed to be overflowing with those who theoretically should have drowned a long time ago. What was this world coming to?

Strutting along in silence the only living creatures she seemed to run into were those fuzzy annoying pests that liked to screech, toss nuts around and leap from tree to tree. How exactly they had survived was beyond her considering whatever didn't get onto the ship was supposed to have died a horrible death. Let's just hope that the buggers didn't somehow evolve to be able to live underwater. There would be no getting rid of them then. Stopping underneath the canopy of a rather large oak the hybrid leaned herself up against the trunk trying to scratch a rather itchy patch of skin she could not reach on her own. Damn wings make it so friggin hard to do anything. She mumbled angrily cursing under her breath. Now if only the sun would go down so that she could go back home to hide herself away in her cave where it was nice and comfortable.

After walking around rather aimlessly for what seemed like hours of boredom she finally stopped at the stream's bank. The water was likely going to be warm but it was at least water. Picturing that it was ice cold she lowered her lips to the surface pulling in a few large gulps before finding something strange happening before her. Watching the water cool before her eyes as it turned to ice she furrowed her brow in confusion. How in the hell? The moment the thoughts of ice and cold left her mind she watched as the ice dissipated leaving the warm water that she had started with. As the wheels turned and clicked into place a smirk spread across her face in delight. Magic... and pretty neat magic if she said so. Oh the possibilities... First she would have to figure out just how far she could push it.

•• TAGS: Anyone •• NOTES: Rhea discovering her magic. ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Reynier Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A stallion stood several meters away, his blue roan coat stained black by the sweltering mid-afternoon sun. He had tried to shield himself from the suffocating tallsun humidity by tucking into a line of thin shadows at the edge of the forest, but even their shade and the movement of a nearby stream did little to relieve his misery. Baroque breeds were simply not designed for this kind of climate.

He had stood there for some time and stood there still, unwilling to travel any farther until the heat of day broke, when another figure pulled away from the trees and moved toward the streams near bank. He followed the winged creature with one eye and one ear only, preserving his energy for the shallow rise and fall of slightly panted breaths.

The mare’s presence and activity barely registered in the stallion’s overheated mind until an unnatural shimmering of the water around her muzzle started. He blinked his unfocused eyes to clear them, staring incredulously as the water continued to move and condense. Crystals formed and spread and after a moment the surface of the water appeared as a thin sheet of ice.

Curious, the stallion lumbered forward, but by the time his dragging gait brought him near the winged mare’s side her sheet of ice had melted away and he was greeted only by the same swampy water that had flanked him all day. Disappointed, he cocked his head at the stranger.

“Is that your magic?”

Provided the ice had actually been a legitimate magic and not just the hallucinations of a heatstroke victim it would only be the stallion’s second experience with such a thing and he was keen to learn more.

Tag: @[Rhea]
OOC: Mind if I join in? Rainy has a magic he hasn’t discovered yet too, so I thought this might be a good place. Please be lenient on me with reply times though. I’m in a bit of rut as far as writing goes.

Image Credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
And now I'm escaping the Falls for entirely different reasons. First, it was to escape the new recruits, to avoid the responsibilities. And now it's to escape December and the emotions that accompany her. The garbled, flip flop emotions that occur for the two of us when we're together leave me confused and jumbled. Sadness, hurt, regret, guilt, anger. My friend? I don't even know what to think about her, that's for sure. General confusion is how I think of her. All the confusion and uncertainty about social norms and protocol and what's right. So now I escape to.... the Deep Forest. I walk in silence, trying to not think. Damaris walks alongside me, her mind also silent. We are both exhausted emotionally, psychologically, from our last encounter with her, and neither of us is ready for that struggle again.

But of course Helovia is quite populated, and I'm not surprised that I run into another citizen soon. I come upon a stream, making more sound than I, and across it a mare. Is she familiar? I don't know. Maybe. In the shadows of the trees I'm invisible, and I watch as she turns the water around her muzzle to ice. 'Ice magic.' I wonder if it is similar to Elsa's ice and snow magic. It may be naive to think that all elemental magic is the same. Just like my earth magic is not the same as Midas's earth magic.

A stallion appears just as the crystallized water fades back to its original form. 'Is that your magic?' He had seen it too, wondered at it. My curiosity is perhaps more idle, more distant than his. Magic does not faze me much, except for the things that I have never seen before, the anomalies of the magic world. I step out from the shadows and stand across the stream from them, around six yard separating us. Damaris moves out to the water and begins to drink, not acknowledging the others. "Ice magic. A great gift." My voice lacks in emotion, and it's more observation than any sort of commentary. All the emotions are exhausted inside of me, so I will not be contributing in that way.

WC: 367
Tag: @[Rhea]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

It was strange how things always seemed to work in the exact opposite way you would like them to. Here she had spent much time and effort on trying to track down the gods and please them with as much compassion as she could muster, and the answer had just appeared. No gods present.... just herself and the heat of the day. It would figure... Working her ass off to satisfy the annoying twats that called themselves gods and getting nothing from it only to discover some magic all on her own. While it was irritating to think of all the time she wasted the thought was also deeply satisfying.

Lifting her head she tried to figure out what exactly she had done to conjure up this wondrous creation. Reviewing her steps she came to the conclusion that she had simply willed the water to become cold and icy. Thinking about it...was that all she needed to do? Ok...so lets see what all she could do with it. Closing her eyes she imagined the water before her cooling rapidly until it was no longer liquid. Frozen is how she wanted it, like it would be in the deep winter. Reopening her eyes she fixated her pupils on the target willing it to obey her commands. At first nothing appeared to be happening until she felt it. A cooling sensation overtook her frame as she felt the magic build up inside her before trailing out to complete its task. Slowly the warmth was pulled from the water to take on a shimmering appearance upon its surface. Crystals began to form drawing the liquid in until there was nothing left but a solid sheet of ice.

Not quite sure what to make of her newfound discovery she stood there staring at her creation until a sharp cracking sound permeated from the frozen river bed. Jumping slightly at the unexpected noise she lowered her head down to examine what had happened. Once smooth the surface of the ice now had thin cracks fissuring out at all angles as if something had taken a hammer and beaten it. Raising a brow in wonder she snorted softly in delighted amusement. Well now, this could come in handy.

“Is that your magic?” The masculine voice that spoke was not one that she knew drawing her attention away from her fun. Straightening up cautiously she found herself in the presence of not one but two unfamiliar stallions. Assessing the situation meticulously she relaxed minutely as neither seemed to pose an immediate threat. "I would assume so. Unless someone else here can create the same effects." She replied choosing to go with sarcastic humor rather than the polite goody two shoes routine again. It was easier to be herself and the politeness was starting to get old. Lifting her eyes to meet both acquaintances she waited for one of them to say something else.

•• TAGS: @[Rostislav] @[Reynier] •• NOTES: So sorry about the delay. ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo