the Rift

[OPEN] Let's play hide and seek, down by the creek

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I'm not sure why I wandered here, of all places. I should be more dutiful to my herd, finding all the places it holds, rather than those beyond. As an artist though, I crave inspiration to guide me through life, and I had certainly found it inher. That's not to say the Falls is lacking, but that they haven't seized me yet in the grip of devotion and loyalty. I am not a particularly guarded horse, as some are, but my trust is difficult to give. I have my secrets, but only because it is difficult to share them. I'm a bit broken, but then who isn't? I've yet to find someone whole, although I think she does come close - maybe that's what draws me?

I wish I understood myself better.
I want to understand her better.

I think that's why I've come, here. I saw her here last, and though I know it was amid the chaos of an oncoming apocalypse by the god of the water (abnormal by the slightest), I still think that maybe I can find her here again. Why didn't I ask more about her when we were together? Why didn't I just go with her?

I snort, unable to answer myself, so drop the pointless thoughts and leave myself to spinning dark trails through the otherwise beautiful lake and meadows. I think rather boyishly, that this is a great place for a date if I should come across her. I wonder, should I grab some flowers, to give her? She gave me berries last time, so I know she likes those, but I haven't the faintest idea where she got them from.

Musing, I pluck any pretty flowers that I notice as I pass by, only eating a few along the way, and fill my time with questions and thoughts of her, my muse.

I N K

@[Rei]
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
I wish that one of the gods could be convinced to move this grove to the Throat. I would even be willing to let them take the oasis and put it here instead. The willow trees beckon me further into their home and the promise of the cooling water of the pond excites me. Soon enough my bouncy trot has turned into a light canter and I buck playfully. There is an exhilarating joy to be found in running or in flight that cannot be found anyplace else.

I am so lost in my run that I run right by the dark stallion without recognizing him. It is only after I move a few strides further that it clicks. Ink! Quickly turning on my heels I run back to my friend. I come to a sliding halt a few body's lengths away from him.

"Ink!" A delighted smile has spread across my mottled lips. "I have been wanting to see you! My words are spaced apart by my panting breaths.

Excitement dances in me and I close the distance between us with ease. I feel comfortable around Ink in a complete way that isn't easily found. I look him up and down with a fond eye. He looks well. A question forms in my eye as I see his collection of flowers.

@[Ink]
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

Like an answer to my thoughts she appears, as if willed by me into my presence. I've always been an artist, but I have never considered myself a magician. Although that can't be right, because I didn't even notice her when she breezed past, my head buried in the flowers and the grass. I would think a magician would be privy to his own tricks. Why, we would have completely strolled by each other, blindness a new fault to add to my list, if not for the name she shouted out.

My head jerks up in response, ears flicking back and forth like dark rabbits on the meadow of my mane, while my long neck turns towards her. A smile quickly races upon my maw, mirroring her own. Her excitement thrills me, and in turn I prance a bit in place, feeling the energy of my blossoming hopes and not knowing what else to do with it. She approaches, and my throat tightens and my heart races. I'd think I'm getting ill if not for the smile I can't squeeze off my face, assuring me these are good sensations. Is this what happiness is, real happiness? Is this the power of a mare, or a friend?

Trying to reign in my antics before I do anything more embarrassing, I thrust my nose and the flowers towards her. Between my teeth the glowing charm I'd stolen also hangs, draped against the stems of the foliage. The offering is a more permanent gift of our friendship, should she take it.

I grow very still, my shuffling steps quieting back into pools of darkness. I am standing on a precipice now, offering myself up for rejection, or acceptance. My flesh is drawn taut, ready to flinch away. She is glad to see me, I comfort myself in that, but I also know it is not so simple.

Ink is giving Rei
:: [Item: metal acorn charm | a bronze metal acorn charm that glows in the dark]

I N K

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.