the Rift

[OPEN] !! Dawn Rising [Joining]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
You see, the two mares seemed to get along rather well. At least, well enough that Resplendence would be willing to offer her a home in the Edge. They could always use more in the Edge's family. Casavir says that she would appreciate the home, the shelter, and Res can only offer a gentle smile in return. Then, Casavir inquired about how far away the Edge was. "It is about a three day travel with breaks," Resplendence explained before beginning to head off in the direction she had come from. "Feel free to set the pace and we can rest as is necessary. I do not want you to suffer from exhaustion," she assures the mare, turning back to face her darkened companion.

Valiance had taken to the skies soon after Res had explained the time it would take to get back. And, with consistent breaks for water and sleep the mares were finally pulling up to the border at the Edge. During the trip she had explained each of the positions that the herd offered, from sleuth to crafter, warrior to healer, and even the diplomatic and historian oriented of the philosophers. Resplendence also explained the leaders, and more general information about the Edge.

"Watch your step," Res warned as they came upon the section of the Edge which was covered in shattered class. "And please, do let me know if you have any questions at all. I know that it can be quite a lot to take in."

There is a gentle pause as Valiance swings off to find a leader or top tier member in order to have this mare accepted into their folds while Res stops just outside their border. "What position interests you the most? Perhaps we can find someone in that rank who can give you even more information if it isn't healing."

Since this was set way before Res got Pregnant and just before she became Moon Doctor again someone else in a tier II or I position needs to actually accept Casavir into the herd.
@[Casavir] first, then a tier I or II
Continued from Dusk and dawn
Resplendence
Grace is just a weakness; or so I've been told
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Casavir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
CASAVIR
I'm vulnerable, you're loveable.

"It is about a three day travel with breaks," Casavir groaned internally at these words, but refused to allow her facade to show her displeasure. She had already decided that she had no right to refuse the kind being, and it would look rather foolish of her now to suddenly change her mind and deny the journey. Thankfully though, the other mare then shared, "Feel free to set the pace and we can rest as is necessary. I do not want you to suffer from exhaustion." And Casavir dipped her crown politely in thanks, surely believing that she might need this rest, although also her inner self not wanting her to present as weak. She supposed she would at least try to keep up and then see what happened first.

The journey was not an easy one to say the least, although thankfully the easy pace had allowed Casavir's quivering muscles to calm. They became warm from the exercise, and she took each spare moment to stretch them out so as to feel release within them, which was a great aid in allowing her to travel further. Resplendence had been very kind in allowing Casavir to rest when she required, although she had not wanted to do so too too much in fear that her muscles might seize up. At least if they were going to do so, it would be better that it was done when they had reached their destination and not before. This of course was unavoidable with the moments that they had taken to sleep, although she otherwise did her best to refrain from giving in to her bodice. She had not found the trip boring, to say the least - Resplendence had told her much about what she could expect from the location that they were heading to, including factors such as the positions available. Casavir had listened intently, although she had found it quite a lot of information to take in. She supposed that should this be the place she would remain in for the time being, she would simply gain more knowledge about it from her every day affairs, but until that time she would try her best to remember exactly what it was Resplendence had told her about it all. Along the journey curiosity plagued her mind about more than simply their destination, and Casavir voiced her wondering, "So what would make one such as yourself decide to make such a trying journey so far from home?"

Casavir had found that watching Valiance soar the skies before them allowed her to take her mind off of their long journey, not fret upon the fact that it felt as though they might never reach their destination. It was with that as well as Resplendence's honesty in sharing that the trip was no simple one that allowed her to take one step after another. "Watch your step," the other mare said, and Casavir shot a look at the pale being before scanning the ground before them with her green-blue voids to spy shattered glass upon the terrain. That would be somewhat nasty to have impaled in oneself, she supposed, and so she took extremely precocious, light footed steps in order to avoid the most of it. She supposed it might have made her seventeen point two hand self look a little silly, but rather she look silly than be in pain. "And please, do let me know if you have any questions at all. I know that it can be quite a lot to take in." It was as if Resplendence had seen Casavir's thoughts, although the raven hued femme supposed it wouldn't have taken a genius to realize that the amount of information that had been shared had been quite a great deal.

The red dragon curved away from them, and Resplendence drew to a halt, Casavir matching her only a moment later. "What position interests you the most? Perhaps we can find someone in that rank who can give you even more information if it isn't healing." Casavir thought about these words for a moment, pursing her lips in thought before responding with a slight shrug, "I'm not sure, to be certain." Part of this was due to the fact that what Resplendence had shared with her was so unlike the herd formations that she was used to, and there were so many seemingly supernatural aspects that she would have to grow accustomed to firstly. She was sure that soon enough it would seem more normal, but for now it still remained outstanding. "I would rather end up where I am of the most use to those here." She continued, her words a little bit more confident than they had been from the first conversation she and Resplendence had had upon their encounter, having grown much more comfortable with the mare over the past several days. It was in Casavir's nature to desire feeling needed, to be useful wherever she might be. She could only hope that her position here would reflect as much.

Tagged - Resplendence!
Notes - (:
Credits - image by Eagle-cry-designs at deviantart

Casavir asked what had brought Resplendence to bring herself out toward the threshold, to make such a long and tiring journey. There was a gentle laugh that fluttered from her lips as she tuned for a second to look at the dark mare - to let her know that she had indeed heard the words which had fallen from her lips. There was a bit of warning when it came to the glass shards, and then a reminder that the mare could most definitely ask whatever questions she desired.

A pause as Valiance moved off, deeper into the Edge to gather someone (anyone really) to help in the joining process. "I do it as a service to the herd. We can gather new family members as well as information by going towards the Threshold. I also do it because sometimes stepping into Helovia can be disorienting and confusing. It was for me, when I first game, so I try to help others as they come in…" Strange words, considering how afraid of the world she really was. But, still they rang of nothing but the truth.

From there, Resplendence allowed the question of which position Casavir would like to take to flicker through the air. There was a pause as the mare seemed to think before a shrug lifted the darkened shoulders and said she was uncertain. Alas, as if to give some kind of answer, she added on that she wanted to be somewhere that she was of the most use.

So, now it was Resplendence's turn to pause. "I see…" she whispers, staring blankly into the herd before giving a slight nod. "We are well equipped with those capable of fighting. But… are most definitely lacking those for every other rank. I believe we only have about four healers - that I have seen at least - then the same number in spies, with… two crafters? The seers are lacking… about three as well. So, really, whichever field calls to you the most out of those - so long as you dedicate yourself to it - the leaders would be most gracious to gain." Another pause, Valiance still searching for someone else to aid in this discussion. "But, I'm certain that someone else might be able to offer you a clearer view of it all. I am only adept in the art of healing…"

She glances around, knowing full well that she could bring Casavir in - but also wanting to instill the bits of respect upon the newcomers that entered Helovia. Should they not wait at the borders of the lands that they were not officially a part of disasters could strike upon their unknowing frames.

Now, just for that other Edge member…
Resplendence
Grace is just a weakness; or so I've been told
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The answers you seek,
Shall be yours,
Once I claim,
What is mine.
The soothing warmth of the spring sun did wonders for the sinking feeling in my gut, which served as a reminder that this was just the beginning of another year without Tamira. Her death had been sudden and violent, a memorable event despite my attempts to move on and forge a new story. However, each time I felt consumed by her image and her lingering presence, I was reminded of Evangeline by way of the sun and the warmth it brought to my life. As angelic as my previous lover had been, she was nothing more than a painful memory, a piece of my past that I would visit when my emotions allowed. Around me, the sounds of spring and new life waxed and waned. The sea seemed to rush and whoop against the cliff face and birds had again begun to infiltrate the treetops after winter migration. Everything was blooming back into life… everything was suddenly becoming beautiful, incandescent.

As I meandered throughout the Edge, I counted the number of wildflowers that dotted the forest floor. The vibrant pinks and the cool, enchanting blues all appeared to be in full bloom. They made me think of Evangeline and whether or not she too appreciated the bright colors associated with Birdsong… As I pondered our relationship and just where I thought things might be headed, I caught the faintest trace of conversation. The notes were like soft bells that drifted to and fro along the gale and I had a bit of trouble trying to identify their origin, but I was eventually able to track them to toward the eastern border. Like a placid titan, full and tired from a hearty meal, I lumbered toward a pair of females just arriving from the claiming grounds. From a distance, I could still place Resplendence from her peculiar, rosy colored hide and in her company came a sooty colored mare with a slash of white across her slender face.

I dipped my large muzzle in greeting, a slow smile turning my lips until it faded in favor of proper introduction. “Hello, welcome. I imagine Resplendence gave you no problems along the way?” I jested with obvious good-naturedness. I was aware that they’d only just arrived and both were no doubt fatigued by the long journey it took to reach the World’s Edge, so I knew that time was of the very essence. “I’m Thor, Specter of the Edge. I don’t suppose Res has already introduced to the ranks of the herd so that we might be able to get you settled with haste?” I hadn’t been near enough to catch the remnants of their conversation, but I hoped that they wouldn’t mind my delaying their homecoming. Besides, formality was essential to accepting newcomers into the family… Perhaps it was just that I’d spent too much time adhering to the rules, but at least someone was willing to rise to the call of duty.
Image Credits

@[Resplendence] @[Casavir]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Casavir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
CASAVIR
I'm vulnerable, you're loveable.

Casavir listened with genuine interest as Resplendence told her why she travelled so far away from home, and she thought that the other mare's answer seemed to make sense. She supposed it was required of any herd to travel to those lands where the free roamed in order to claim more members, it just happened to be a slight misfortune that the Edge was so far away from that place. Resplendence seemed not to be too troubled by it though, she perhaps it was not as bad as Casavir was thinking it to be. The pale mare then assessed Casavir's answer in regard to positions, and it made Casavir feel as though Resplendence was at a little bit of a loss of what to tell her, and with her having provided such a vague answer… She didn't blame her. Harks swivelled forwards as she once again paid much attention to Res' words, taking in which positions might need more assistance, Casavir then provided her sincere opinion, "Truth be told, the seers and the spies sound the most intriguing to me." Her words were thoughtful, trying to recall all that she had been told about these positions on their journey here and debating which she might be more suited for. She figured the "spies" sounded more up her alley, but really all she wanted was whatever they wanted. Then paying attention to what else Res had said, acknowledging she would be appreciated so long as she really worked at her position, she grinned somewhat goofily at the other mare and told her, ""Ah dear Resplendence, you will find that when I decide to devote myself to something, it gets the dedication of everything that I am." Her words might have come off a little silly, but were the complete truth about the tall dark mare. Growing curious thinking about it all, she then asked, "What helped you decide what position you wanted, then? Did it come naturally to you or did you wonder as I am?"

Her attentive voids were not unaware of the newcomer drawing towards them, perhaps not unexpected as Resplendence had seemingly been waiting for someone before continuing. As the being drew nearer, he dropped his dial to them and smile kindly at her. She let the tiniest of smiles trickle onto her own features, noting that it was nice to see a somewhat more normal looking equine as she was - at least, normal in her mind. He was of a thicker build, perhaps a draft, although he barely stood taller than she herself. Despite him being a stranger to her, she felt somewhat calm in his presence - not that she hadn't felt that way with Resplendence. "Hello, welcome. I imagine Resplendence gave you no problems along the way?"He joked firstly, then continued on to introduce himself, "I'm Thor, Specter of the Edge. I don't suppose Res has already introduced to the ranks of the herd so that we might be able to get you settled with haste?" She found that with these words, he was nearly, if not more, as kind as Resplendence. What luck had she found that she might stumble upon the equines of the most decent sort upon her arrival? Truth be told, she was rather unused to others being so civil with her. She was much more used to having to have her guard up, being constantly at battles of wits with others, trying to outsmart those she spent her time with. This was clearly not the case with these two, them seeming to genuinely be interested in finding her a place here. She wondered if, when her somewhat shorter temper decided to make an appearance, they would accept her as much as they were now. She supposed that she could only hope that come time they would come to accept her as who she was, and not who she felt she had to be around them. She sincerely hoped, for it would be most misfortunate to get on the wrong side, and to disappoint, equines such as these ones. ""Resplendence? No… Now Valiance, on the other hand…" She drifted off in a feigned thoughtfulness, before flashing the stallion a grin and continuing, ""I'm only joking, they treated me most appropriately. A pleasure to meet you, my name is Casavir." She dipped her own skull slightly, obsidian tassels falling into her visage and obscuring her vision until she tossed it out of her way. ""That she has, for the most part. I'm trying to follow as best as I can with what she shared with me. It's… a lot to take in." She told him honestly.

Tagged - Resplendence and Thor
Notes - Haha, so kind compared to what she is used to
Credits - image by Eagle-cry-designs at deviantart

Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
She stated that the spies seemed to be of the most interest to her and Res could only manage a smile and a nod. Aye, that was not her kind of life - hiding in the shadows, gathering information, fighting, stealing, lying. No. She wanted peace, healing, and love. Though, she knew that not all were that way - for her mate, Quilyan, also claimed those ranks for himself. And, with the reassurance from the other mare Res widened her smile. Aye, Casavir would be a perfect fit for this family, indeed. However, the mare quickly asked what brought Resplendence to the position that she had wanted. "I didn't think I could serve a purpose for a while…" she admitted honestly before blinking, flicking her tail, and having Valiance land upon her back. "But, after a string of tragedies I knew the only way I could help was if I clung to the healing field. Over time, I was awarded the highest position in the herd, along with one other mare, when it comes to healing. If I wasn't a healer… it just wouldn't feel right." She tried to explain only to stop as soon as she heard hoofsteps.

It was Thor, and so with a gentle smile and the two other equines bantered back and forth. "Aye, she shows interest in the spies," Resplendence explains before allowing a gentle smile and having Valiance take off back toward her garden. "Are you well, Thor?" she inquired peacefully - knowing that the mare beside her could easily be settled now that Thor was here, being one of the leaders of the spies.

---- so sorry i took so long ;-; i suck DX @[Thor]
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
With love