the Rift

[PRIVATE] C.E.O (ghost)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
Hundreds, thousands. All the stars are burning out, falling from heaven. Haunted souls, beautiful and white. We watched them rain a torrent of light. Awestruck as they poured into the belly of earth. Fina's trill cry is a siren of success, she returns from a hunt with talons bloodied. Her wings aglow with sunlight -- vibrantly unnatural against the distant backdrop. I met my bonded with an even smile as she drops to lash those soiled feet upon unspoiled flesh. Neve stirs from a nest of feather and hair, a silvery head pokes free to gaze at the stormy sky.

As quickly as it'd begun, the show is over thrice as fast; only fleeting sparks remain. They shower in fours and threes, then twos, and finally one at a time until nothing but the dark and its remaining fleet of stars stand alone in their milky clusters. My crown falls heavily forward, we couldn't linger for long. There was land and a full eve of patrolling ahead; for me, morning couldn't come fast enough.

With a sigh that felt more like a groan, I rose to make my way across the meadow. Soon the dawn would come to paint Helovia with its limited but no less glorious palette. I would be permitted to return home. Home. Yar, for once my heart didn't balk. The inhabitants of Hidden Falls had sowed a seed of compassion in this weary battleborn soul. Who would've guessed? A Sultan of sand was falling in love once again.

@Ghost
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

There was something to be said about shooting stars that filled the heart with wonder and as quickly as they had started, they finished with a flash and left lingering bewilderment in my mind as the night sky fell silent. Even for me, the monuments of the galaxy still felt like something out of an awe struck dream and stood as a reminder to exactly how small I was, in comparison to the universe before me. However, as meagre as I am, there were things to be done and dawdling out here stargazing was not the way to finish them. In my leisurely jaunt away from the herd I find this peace addictively settling and forgiving, it is quite easy to forget about the responsibilities I owe and even more tempting to just stay here forever, hidden away. It wasn’t like anyone knew me all that well, even my ascension to power hadn’t given me any more friends than I had before, what did they call me? ‘The Cadaverous’. Ha! What had I done to deserve such a name? Maybe there’s just something about me that others don’t like? Good. Stay away for all I care, the less ties I have then the less barriers that stand in my way and my need to fulfil my own self written goals.

A flash of fire and a familiar golden hue halt my advance away from the Meadows, my cloven hooves quickening to try catch the Gallant before he makes his own exit. "Midas!" I shout with a voice that hopefully would capture his attention and cause him to find her. No friends meant I didn't really know this immortal Czar either, that Seele had rudely left me to rule beside. Did she really have to die? I had so many questions, so many moments when I might’ve sought her advice, because after all, she knew this job better than any. Perhaps it was time to know the man I now stood beside as comrade and brother.

"Speak with me" I call hopefully, there was no urgency to my tone, just one of general inquiry of a curious horse who sought the company of another. I slow my step and think of questions I wanted to ask him… would he want to know about me too? I doubt it; there wasn’t one who had ever asked about the shy girl who hides in others shadows, nobody thought twice about me and I often think that's a good thing. My mystery is my shield.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
I would've sprang from earth, had she not called out just then. Feathers are already outstretched, prepped for heaven. My crown slips curiously around, ears pointed high to capture further speech. Awareness and recognition dawned on me within the next heartbeat, "Hail, Ghost." Had she come to patrol this section as well? Was something wrong? Pinions fold and I settle back into the earth. Fina looks over, croaks tunelessly and lifts one claw to clean away blood.

"Aye," a light smile comes to grace my face. It seemed an unusual request at first, strange because we hardly conversed, aside from politics. Frame turns, aiming to close the distance between us and by the action keep our voices below a shout. Those icy sentries glittered down in their watchful but neutral way, "Is all well?" I questioned when we stood only a little bit apart, gentle eyes search for signs of trouble in her own and find none present.

I'm struck by how those pools remind me of Seele, a year ago when we first met. Distant hues full of questions and answers that only her secret heart knew. Nostrils spread and inhale a rich essence full and stout, a firm reminder of home. Tall pine and mountain air. Who would've thought my fate was to carry the same fragrance as a banner? "Did ye see the stars fall?" Attention momentarily returns to heaven, which is now stoic save for the occasional meteorite that flames across before puffing out.
@[Ghost]

Dead men tell no tales.

I nod to him with thanks when he approaches, smiling as he speaks in the same familiar way of old age honourifics and gentle tones. Here in the vast expanse of the Thistle Meadow I was suddenly drawn to how small he actually was, even my skinny body towered over him slightly, how did such a tiny guy become so great? I let the amusing thought pass over my head and instead focus in on his initial question to which I gently nod. "As well as can be" I reassure him. My mind was ever a buzz with intrigue and unanswered questions for everything to be right and perfect, but in the greater scheme all was indeed well enough to talk casually under a sparkling sky without pressing worries. I’m glad he came; it was quieter and less distracting out here in the wilds than in the roaring Falls. Perhaps tonight I’ll know him a bit better, enough to stand a little ore firmly by his side or judge what might be ticking over in his immortal mind. I am not one for team work, but standing alongside a complete unknown was rather unnerving for me.

I let a small, content sigh pass through my lips as I cast my gaze upwards when he speaks of falling stars. "Yes" I pause as a thought struck me as familiar, how could something so beautiful and so seemingly untouched by the ruthlessness of the world… fall? Perhaps everything really did die in the end and I find myself a strange kind of peace in this. "Even when they fall they are still beautiful… I envy that" I whisper the end, feeling like a young girl lost in whimsical dreams. I wonder, when my times comes to fall from my pedestal, if I too can tumble with such elegant grace that leaves many with stunned thought. I question it very much, but even I can have some flowery imagination now and then.

Returning from the glittering night and back to the scene on earth, I turn back to Midas with a searching glance. I don’t quite know what I’m looking for, but perhaps I’ll see the more I talk. "Tell me stories. I hardly know you and yet here I stand at your side. Famous Midas the Gallant." I played with my words, letting the intrigue seep through them with my voice light and friendly. It was then that I realized I hadn’t really given him a direction so start with. In thought, I cast a glance southwards and then back to his gilded form "what made you leave your old home of sand and sea?"

@[Midas]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
We stare at the sky like two enthralled kiddies, delighting and dipping with our eyes into the milky diamonds above us. Their patterns and shapes have names, (an elder might be able to say them), I've never taken an interest to learn these doted figures by title. Ghost mentions how even as the sky has forced them from a high perch, abandoned, forsaken... they are still worthy, beautiful. I say nothing in reply, though my pondering is agreeable to her ideology.

Seen from the corner of my vision her gaze drops, I can feel those eyes lingering -- prying for something. My own fall a moment later, landing softly upon my colead. Stories? Did she truly care for a tale of woe? The quiet corner of my lip curves into a smirk toward the mention of a title they branded me with. Nar, I was certainty not famous, nor did the mass usually consider me, Gallant. Yet. Ghost wants to know more of the fellow she held alliance with, a bond tied by title and a brotherhood.

Why had I left Dragon's Throat? A topic that at one point might have caused brow to furrow and features to contort into one of secret grief. Yar, but my bond with those sands had weakened enough (as time did to all things) that I'm able to speak without hitch or mask, openly express the truth for what it was, "Earth requested me here, he assigned me to our home," Me and, "also Seele." The name falls from me, softly, hesitantly -- as if my mind was mentally prying the bindings from a wound and seeing if what laid below was festering. "Had he not come to me, ye would be standing beside someone else." There is no remorse for either direction, I'd finally come to terms with my fated existence. Neve sighs and drifts back to sleep, she was yet young and the topic of our conversation wasn't overly interesting. "What other tales would ye hear from a Gallant," orbs shimmer in the faint glow, smiling from their center.
@[Ghost]

Word count: 340

Dead men tell no tales.

"So you trusted the word of a God? … and faithfully followed" the last is more like a mulling thought as I consider his words. The questions I ask mere curiosity, the thought of trusting a being with such power made me nervous, yet what else could you do? My contact with the Gods has always been very small, even my patron Lord whose land I ruled was all but an elusive figure to me. You’d think the earthly being would want to meet with the mare that ruled his lands, but perhaps I am not so easy to spot in the golden glow of Midas. Still, I think a little more. I wonder why it was Midas who was requested to lead the Falls instead of his old home, had something happened there? Or was it simply a God’s whim. I think of Seele, her ambition had been to find a land for the misfits of this land and just like that, her goals were granted. Why? Was there a reason, a process to this power picking or did the Earth feel sympathy or obliged. I do not know, but I want to know more about the beings who commanded loyalty like this without one raising questions. Even my own ascension was odd and not expected, was I really Seele’s only successor? I am quiet and not grand, slight with no imposing body, my thoughts mingled with my own personal gain and not with that of family.

If Midas had remained in his old home then whom would I have been standing beside? Perhaps I’d have been on my own or maybe not holding a crown at all. Who knew, but what ifs were just that and I lingered on them only briefly. I think of Seele again, I did not expect her to die so suddenly and it almost disappointed me in a way. I thought I’d be serving her a lot longer than I did until I was strong enough to take that crown from her. Though I do not know if I would have been able to do it in the end, the Necromancer had been the closest I had to a friend and she had left me in a flash. A lifeless form in the ground who hadn’t lived long enough to fulfil her potential. I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss Seele, but I had learned an early death only left those alive with questions and confusion.

The Czar asks if I want more tales and I think for a moment, not wanting to waste this opportunity I have to read through his thoughts, his memories. "Are you Gallant?" I ask, my gaze shining with intrigue. It seemed we all gained these titles when we rose high enough, the names whispered until eventually they stick to you like glue. My own… Cadaverous bony and thin. Not brave or strong or intuitive, just Ghost the Corpse. Indeed.

@[Midas]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
This soul (and all others) would never fully understand why Earth choose to do what he did, why he'd single out a pledged sun warrior to guide his homeland, our reborn Fall's. Surely there had been other individuals of equal and greater merit. I'd never questioned the request beyond expected grief and doubt over my own shortcomings, never thought to disobey his wishes. The ideals of a god were answered as an obedient son should respond. Yar, tis as my Da had required, his early morals were retained even through adulthood.

Then there was Ghost...just as Seele had been a surprise addition to this strange family, so had the advancement of her closest spy. A choice that neither came to haunt me or give cause for worry, both things are a pleasant boon. Her question brings forth a light chuckle, a true smile slips across my muzzle; glittering gems shift to her crimson feathers -- their hue reminded me of..."Depends on who thee asks and at what hour the question is posed."A mortal has sympathy, empathy, but tis fickle and ever changing; one moment they carried their champions to the highest pedestal, and the next their scowls could heard for miles.

It wasn't my intention that any man or woman hold me to impossible heights. Their expectations would surely outmatch my very best days. Softening from humor to a more honest note, I add quietly, surprisingly open, "Don't place me as anything more than a man, for I am worthy of nothing more," my cranium slips lower, drawing the length of my stare to the swaying wheat that licked our limbs with gentle kisses. "What of ye? Have ye always been part of the Asylum?" Their numbers are sparse, what remained had merged into the masses of Fall's folk. Not long ago, the Asylum had been a thriving group, they now lay in shambles, broken remnants of memories. Their glue either deceased or abandoned. @[Ghost]

Word count: 327