the Rift

[OPEN] The thing about favors [Midas]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
The thing about favors is that when you ask for one, you tend to owe one in return. I don't like asking for favors for that very reason. But then, I guess that every once in awhile you have to step down into the mud and accept that maybe you'd like a little assistance. Yes, even me, but I would never say those exact words out loud. I'm not so sure I feel great asking even Midas of a favor, even though he is my lord and a kindly soul. But damn it all....

I stand by the lake in the Falls, rousing myself from the stupor of thought. (Deeper thought does start to take a toll sometimes, especially if creativity is involved, you know.) I cough, trying to clear my throat of drowsiness that seems to have sunk in unbidden. Damaris sleeps in the shade of a nearby tree, ignoring me and my 'thinking'. She knows better than to attempt to interfere with such nonsense. "Midas. Ehuh.. ugh.." I cough and shake my head as if ridding a swarm of flies. "Need to talk to Midas. About magical crafts." Finally my body seems to awaken, and the nerves begin to fire around my body. Wake up Rosti, get movin'. I swat my side with my tail and my whole body jumps. Ok, awake. "MIDAS!" I shout loudly and with very poor manners. It's not for lack of respect, just... lack of discipline or better ideas. I dunno where he is, so I guess I just gotta shout and hope he hears me.

Hardy har har.

Sometimes I'm dumb.

WC: 269
Tag: @[Midas]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Neither of our ranked warlords are well known for their handling of diplomacy. Nar, thankfully I didn't require them to be tactful; only to be a commanding presence -- resourceful and a stronghold for greener folk. My march from yon den led to a nearby pool, there was a thirst eating at the back of my throat, it rubbed upon these vocal cords until they felt nearly as dry as dead kindling. My tongue was hot and heavy, dehydrated despite the swampy humidity that this home had become known for.

Water sang its soft hum only a few hundred feet ahead. Somewhere past those jutting trunks and sticky shadows was a short break that would lead to a muddy bank -- it was there, I'd find an animalistic relief that was strong and satisfying. Yar, perhaps more so than the urge for sex. A bellowing voice climbs above the trees, my name! The strength of that sound had a terrifying effect on the small woodland critters and avian beasts that lived in these woods. They hurriedly scrambled out of sight. Comfortable steps gave way to a halt, but my lagging crown had instantly jerked up; with dual orbs widening in mixed surprise. Instinct born from years of weighted reign drew them in a hard narrowing as this flesh launched full out. I dodge trees, crossing bramble without care for the stinging effect. Whatever horror was ahead, this soul and mind braced for it in that anxious span it took to reach him.

My body broke cover, trembling, gems jumping to the rough looking unicorn and his companion, then jerking to the surrounding area for signs of trouble that would justify his (screaming) summoning. After a frantic heartbeat or two I've found nothing... Confused and growing skeptical of any true causality, "Rostislav?"
Then share thy pain, allow that sad relief
Ah, more than share it! give me all thy grief
image credits go here yo

Word count: 301
@[Rostislav]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
It doesn't take long for the king to come barreling out of (what seems like) nowhere. I'm quite pleased with this development, and a satisfied smile slips on my face. He looks around in a panic, clearly expecting there to be some sort of disaster which he has been called to solve. Nope, no disaster here. Except me. I hope that he doesn't mistaken my sleepy, somewhat disoriented smile for drunkenness. I'm not drunk, just crooked. "Midas!" I chuckle, like greeting an old friend. "Take a deep breath, nothing wrong here." I shake my head, my ears flapping back and forth in the sun. "I'm sorry I didn't know you were close by, I wouldn't have shouted." Yup, waking up more now. I wink at the painted pegasus king, hoping that he will forgive me my lack of discretion or other norms of business and... social world.

I readjust my body and relax a hind hoof, exhaling as I do so. "So ah, I'd like to request from you... armor." I watch his expression to see if perhaps he thinks this would be a god thing. "Since I've been fighting, and.. I want to make sure I don't walk away in pieces.." Just ask Rosti just get it all out. None of this hemming and hawing. "I heard you do metal and I want some armor pleaseandthankyouisthatokay?" My words tumble out, half-mumbled as I feel kinda bad asking for his help. Will he ask for something, something in return? A payment? I don't like owing anyone anything. I'm sure Midas can understand that. I just don't like... owing favors. Especially to my twue leader.

WC:
Tag: @[Midas]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Concern melts like wax held too close over a fire, dripping as his placid smile and maneuvered chuckle eases the steady thump of my heart to slow. Energetic expression, taunt with worry, gives way to one of more lax feel. Despite whatever exasperation I desperately wanted to show -- my soul can't summon it and so I do nothing but sigh, relieved. Rostislav apologizes. The shapely crown of this flesh bobs itself to nod agreeably, while my body drifts forward with noticeably less enthusiasm.

A tight grin mirrors our passive texture once I'm smoothly beside my brethren and his coal colored swords. Without reservation I dip this muzzle to its quest. A well-earned drink. Those cool droplets quicken to sooth away the gritty texture from the back of my throat. Instant relief. With a dripping chin, honeyed pools shift to regard yon fellow, complacently.

One brow slides higher than the other, focusing harder when those words began to blur and he rambles toward the end of a request, “Armor?” evenly, mostly to myself. After a moment of silence, (short lived consideration) a wider smile graces the shadows which seem to constantly lurk underneath these aged features, “It would be an honor to fulfill thee desire," falling to informality my words take on an unaccustomed thickness, “Does thee have a design in mind?” There are a few in this family that are well deserving of a reward, this fateful brother, this Legatus is among them. From that wet bed of soil and grit below the water, I pull sand – it lifts a dirty hue, soon to be turned a shimmery gold after only coming in brief contact with magic. The center caught sunlight and a beautiful, graceful dance took place as I seemingly effortlessly spun those granules to form a loose, but lively blob. "Speak thee mind and see yon form take shape."
Then share thy pain, allow that sad relief
Ah, more than share it! give me all thy grief
image credits go here yo

@[Rostislav]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]