the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Dark Star

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Have you ever really thought about what it would be like to lose one of your senses? To have this dark weight hanging over your head? To not truly be able to understand the world the same way that everyone else seemed to. To have to rely so strongly on your other senses that it became a part of who you were?

No, I doubt you have. It doesn't really matter though. I'm used to it by now. The shock that clouds others voices when they realize that the world is just a big black hole to me. Yea. It's okay. It's a dark, big, black hole that sucks everything else away. There are days when I fumble, but for the most part I know how to get around. I can feel the way that the earth shifts. I can feel the trees blow in the wind. I can hear the rustle of trees and the cracking of pebble against hoof. I am so used to it after thousands of years. But now, since I crossed into these lands a year and a half back, I have also been able to feel my body aging again. I hadn't aged in what felt like forever and what was forever for all of you.

Aye, this doesn't matter. Why am I even rambling? Today is supposed to be a free day. A day where Ettore and I could rest and he could try and actually learn how to fly instead of crash and fall. I had ventured back into the caves - struggling to find the room of glowing moss, where I had drawn the heart to confess my love for Alleo. Aye, it's true, I cannot actually see the beautiful green glow now, but during my quest for Ettore I could. So, plastering that memory in my mind Ettore assists me in finding the exact room once more. Then, once settled inside of it, I lay down inside the heart I had drawn. It was still there, even though the moss had grown back. It was just a little lower than the rest of the moss - almost imperceptible unless you had seen it when it was fresh and knew what you were looking for.

As I lay down, I pulled some of the vines toward me in order to offer Ettore a stepstool to hop down on. But, no. Today Ettore decided that trying to run and then hop off my back might serve him better in flying. "Oro te ne occidas discat cum volare," I warned him, ears flickering to listen to the sound of his wings trying to carry his frame in the air before he landed once more, tumbling across the moss in what seemed to be a far from elegant fashion.

Yes… this 'learning how to fly' thing might take a while. Really, I should be seeing if Africa or Sohalia's companions might be willing to assist him in learning. They were all like family, perhaps it would work better. After all - I knew that I couldn't actually assist him in these endeavours.

"Oro te ne occidas discat cum volare" = "Please, don't kill yourself while learning how to fly."
@[Roskuld]
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Long story short, Chico got me fucked up, son.
Short story long—okay so what had happened was, I was telling Chico about the world some more when we stumbled upon these…leaves. And he had wanted to nibble them but I was suspect and in the cute little lizard way he has he got me to try them before he did, and basically I was right not to let him try them, but the downside was I was fried.

You fucker.

You were laughing the whole time, too. Like, not real laughter, obviously, because lizards don’t do that. Actually your face stays pretty blank most of the time; you just have wide eyes and sometimes your mouth opens and you’ve got a little pink tongue and if I wasn’t feeling the shit that comes out of your head you’d be just a blank little cutie-pie, huh? Except not, except I know how shitty you actually are, and you thought it was just the best thing in the world that I was stumbling around and that the colors I was seeing were skewed and that my speech was slurred and I was giggling way too much to be okay and…

…and uh…

….what…what were we talking about?

….

…No, seriously, I’m lost.

look at you, just fucking laughing at me, like “WHAAAT DIS BITCH JANKED OFF HER ASS” and obviously you weren’t saying that because lizards don’t talk but your head flashed with these snide-ass emotions and OH YEAH THAT’S WHAT THE FUCK I WAS TALIKNG ABOUT.

So uh, I kinda stumbled my ass down to the place again—you know, the place where the things happened and I had fallen in so many more ways than one. But the closer I got to that room, the more painful my heart pulled, and I realized I wasn’t ready for it. So, ignoring your questioning thoughts, I took a different turn down a different hallway and I came to another glowing room, but it was glowing in a different way than the crystals had.

It was glowing with life.

It was glowing with moss.

Fuck no, I’m not trying any o’ this,” I slurred in annoyance, as you wiggled up and down my face in obvious excitement, the dare in your mind clear. “I c’n walk all of two steps in one direction without bustin’ my ass and you still try’na get me turnt.” I snickered, and the snicker turned into a full-blown laugh, because I was still roasted. “This shit’ll kill me, prolly,” I mused, leaning on a thing for balance (was it a tree? Was it a rock? Fuck it I’m high). “Or uh…guess I shit green glowing things or whatever,” I continued, because suddenly the thought captivated the both of us, and we were both wondering if my stomach would glow if I tried osme of the moss and I was just muzzling my way to the nearest bunch when we saw the Big White Thing on the ground.

Fuck is that?” I said to myself, except I was wrecked, so it was more like damn-near screamed in the cavernous expanse of this cove. You slithered down to the end of my nose for a better look, and your teeny-tiny heartbeat offered images in my brain—suggestions. “Nah, it ain’t no mushroom,” I said, my eyebrow cocked as I focused my blurry vision on the thing not too far from us.

Then something flopped around, a smaller dark shadow in the vicinity, and I jumped and you were jerked a little on my face and I could feel you smiling against me.

*"Oro te ne occidas discat cum volare.”*

“Oh shit it’s talking,” I said, my eyes bugging out as I crept closer to the tree/rock/thingamajig to try and hide and be stealthy (like they hadn’t already spotted my conspicuous ass long before then, jeez). I squinted my eyes and you laughed at me, and I peered at the white thing laying on the ground, and not once did I suspect it was a mare.

[Here have a fried Ros on a stick <3]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Yea, so let's be honest. It had been very peaceful until this raging lunatic stumbled in. Ettore was slowly beginning to get the hand of flying- at least managing a foot before he would plummet and then roll along the soft moss. My head shot up immediately, looking over at the thing that was screaming and asking what I was. There is a huff, as I speak and Ettore flounders back toward me before I clamber to my feet.

Aye. I could feel it's movements - the way that the creature tried to hide behind a tree not far from me. Even if she had hidden well, her movements were enough vibrations to alert me to the fact that this mare was behind the tree. "Come out," I said, quiet - though it still resounded off of the walls (though dampened just a little by the moss). "I know you're there, it is difficult not to when you scream," I said, a flick of my tail before my body inches in just a little closer to the tree.

Meanwhile, Ettore continue to hop around on the ground chirping - hoping to assist in coaxing the strangely coloured creature out from her hiding place. Yep, this would be interesting. Very interested. And I sincerely hoped that this other mare would not continue to scream - for really, it was not pleasant. Far, far from being pleasant. "My name is Rasta, and this is Ettore... you can come out now," I tried to coax - completely at home in these lands, in this cave.
R
take another breathe

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say