the Rift

[PRIVATE] Paid Vacation

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
Dawn poured light into the desert with a heavy sigh, slow and steady while the fresh palette of colours bathed the tired world into a new day. The Sun Physician stirs beneath the grasp of her frail lover, pulling away into freedom, greeted with cold, damp air that laid itself over the morning. Heat crept in the southern chamber and grasped the cold night air with a firm grasp and burned the dew off with a practiced hand.
Morning air promised early relief and a fast start against a battle she couldn't win.
She prepares herself for the battle against nature and enters the desert, naked without the day's application of Aloe Vera. The abundance of the foliage was a gift from the Gods, something she could easily run to when it was needed and always found a vein when there appeared to be nothing left. The Dragon's Throat might of been greedy with their herb while the rest of Helovia burned in the agony of a particularly harsh Tallsun, but Sikeax had never thought of the idea to offer it to the other herds.
Lena had been more than kind to bring her herbs that she would of had to make a long trip to gather, and after making sure that the bay mare was sent home with medicines to aid her own family, the thought crossed her mind more often. Going to the Edge with Andromeda long ago had been interesting and paid off well, getting to admire a landscape she'd never had to the chance to.
Visiting the Foothills, now known as the Hidden Falls(for whatever reason. The memories of the snow covered hills were blurred and almost nonexistant these days), couldn't wound her in any form. Their alliance had brought Lena and her together, the least it could do was set up some of ties between her and other healers.
She drags herself into the oasis by the time that the Sun has pulled it's full body into the sky, barely above the horizon, dim, tired, and low in light. The void swallows any of the souls she could of taken along with her, searching with lazy eyes for the presence of one of her healers. Bringing them along couldn't hurt, offering a treat to her co-workers so that their jobs wouldn't seem so boring.

OOC: Oh my god, this isn't very good. Apologies to you two!
Promise to make the next posts better.
Lastly, I'd like to keep this thread moving pretty quickly if possible.

@[Voodoo] @[Morrigan]

"If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?"
In winter, some voices are like coats - Mosteghanemi
Image Credit
This beautiful table courtesy of the lovely Sevin

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

VOODOO && OUIJA
"there's a shadow just behind me shrouding every step i take,
making every promise empty, pointing every finger at me."

Ouija scrambles at your feet, the strong click, click, click of her jaws snapping together as she bites at flies making your skin crawl. "Oui!" you finally growl after what has to be the three hundredth time she's made that disgusting noise. The kit freezes in her steps, big ears folding back and shoulders slumping as she cowards down.. as if you've ever given her a reason to do so anyway. 'Sorry. So many bugs.' she whimpers, forgiveness heavy in her voice. Recently, she had begun to pick up emotions and pull them into conversation, making you feel even worse when you had to scold her for being a pest.

Slowly the two of you amble toward the oasis, morning quickly creeping over the horizon, the sun leaching any of the dew that may have formed on the tops of the desert flowers during the night. Eventually the pool comes into view and a heavy sigh leaves your chest, lifeless eyes flitting to the small ball of white and brown fur as your bonded trots away to find her breakfast. 'Want bird?' the kit squeaks in your mind, taking our precious space as your bond grows closer and closer with the day. You chuckle to yourself, shaking your long skull back and forth as the young companion babbles about her favorite snacks, thick forelock still curly and voluminous since your patrol on the beach.

The mare with the glowing horn, Sikeax, stands at the water's edge, sleepiness heavy on her small face. "Morning." you offer to the champagne washed woman, glossy eyes placing the crinkled sunburns along her soft snout. Your brows narrow carefully, discomfort invading your chest; no matter the amount of pain, you hate to see any herd mate - or any one really - uncomfortable.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'

image credits
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
The water is reviving, washing over her wounds with a gentle hand that brings slight pain, recoiling in such a form that it would seem that it was apologizing for the discomfort it brought upon her skin. A wince wrinkles the lines across her sun burned features, bathed in dim light that fades in the heavenly glow of the Sun above. Any bouts of pain empty themselves into the abyss by the time the two visitors have arrived.
A heavy sigh pulls air from her lungs and funnels it into the world through rebirth. Sleep nipped lazily at her mind and she blinks, once, twice, fluttering sky blue eyes behind pale lashes clotted with dust, before turning her small head about to meet him.
She had originally wanted someone to work with for the day, but the stallion was not someone she had really known well. Voodoo and Ouija, right? They had met in the past while working on the festival activities, but it hadn't been all that many words exchanged between the two of them. Together, they seemed like strangers who lived in the same apartment complex, only knowing each other's names and faces through constant glimpses of one another and small talk.
It couldn't hurt to remove the title of strangers and replace it with something else. It wouldn't wound the pair to ask them if they had plans for the day and would like to aid her in her work.
No, not at all. Everyone needed to do their part somewhere along the way.
"Good morning." Sleep coats all of her words, still heavy in her physical form as her tail sweeps lazily against her hind legs. "Did I wake you in my arrival?"
The well being of the herd's health rested with her and the other healers(who seemed to have fallen off the face of the desert altogether), and to act in ways that compromised their health in any form seemed a sin.
"Or are you simply enjoying the morning?"

OOC: Apologies for the wait! I was originally waiting for Xy, but gave me the go ahead to skip her.

@[Voodoo]
"If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?"
In winter, some voices are like coats - Mosteghanemi
Image Credit
This beautiful table courtesy of the lovely Sevin

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed