the Rift

[OPEN] Killing Me Softly [Ink]

Nym Posts: 8
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 4
Watermel0nBob
Nym
life's like an hourglass glued to the table

The cavern was glowing; literally. I was surrounded by the faint glow of anything that happened to breathe in that covered space, azure eyes flickering to the lush grasses, the tall vibrant trees and even the mushrooms pulsating a rich blue. The moss was welcoming to my frogs, cushioning every step I took deeper into the cave to embrace the entire view of the beautiful scenery. I had left the meadow after meeting the young foal, the one with the color-changing flowers and kind intentions, despite the fact she certainly shouldn't have been wandering so far from home at such a young age. No matter, as much as I loved foals and caring for them, it didn't mean she was my full responsibility, and that I could control what her parents taught her. Unless she had wandered off on her own, then that meant they most likely had their hooves full with the pinky and white lass. Smiling my eyes shifted to the waterfall, marveling the mist that curled up past the pooling water below and filled the cave with a mild haze.

Soon I was moving again, feathered paint limbs stepping into the water and sighing, enjoying the gentle cool it brought to me. Closing my eyes and sighing softly, I ventured deeper, letting the liquid seep into my bones and cover my withers. It had been quite awhile since I had gone for a swim, and I certainly needed a bath. My copper and white coat had grown dusty, sweat thick in the hairs and covering me in a rather unpleasant stench. Being a loner had its perks; no one complained when you failed to bath for a few days. That didn't mean I should have waited so long though, I was absolutely filthy and this made me ashamed. I sighed, brushing water over the rest of my exposed fur with a flick of my muzzle, before dipping my neck and skull into the waters. After a moment I erupted from the depths, mane flipping back and sending droplets outward and away from me, the tresses clinging to my neck tightly. I let my breathing calm, enjoying the pleasant sensation of beginning to feel clean and pure, before working my soft lips along my shoulder to dig away the dirt.

To any onlooker, I would have looked rather feminine, my build a lot more lithe than one for a man was thought to be like, and my head poised gracefully so as I worked away through my coat to scrub me clean. I didn't know how other men felt about being clean, but I was always one to really need the feel of looking my best to feel better, which meant me spending a lot of time making sure I was clean and properly groomed. It had become harder to accomplish now that I was alone; Abel had often helped me groom my mane to keep it silky and soft, hanging against my neck and gently flowing in the breeze. Now, he was gone, like everyone else I had know, and in that time my hair had gotten a little tangled, thicker in some places and thinner than others, looking rather disheveled despite my attempts over and over again to soak it with water. I grumbled at the thought of how it looked though, making me feel a little insecure and paranoid that someone would see it and think of me as disgusting. Maybe I was. Snorting I sighed, trying to fight away those violent thoughts, focusing only now on making myself clean.

OOC: Nym is having a vain moment lol.
WC: 595
TAG: Ink

"Speech"

Image -- Coding
PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Please ask before attacking/maiming my character! (Void for fights)

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I can't say I'm particularly fond of dark places. It might seem odd, given my profession and colored coat, but as shy and secretive as I might be by nature, and as hidden and illusive as I practice for survival, I rather enjoy standing in the light. I think if I really admitted it to myself, I want to be seen, to be noticed, to be heard. Maybe I'm not bouncing up in the back row to get noticed, or standing up in a tense situation - I'm definitely not a hero. I am an artist though, and all artists take pride in their work. We want to share it with the world, we want it to be admired and loved the way we love it.

My art cannot be loved in the dark, it blends in too much.
My voice cannot carry in the dark, it gets snuffed out.

I am the dark, and as such, I need the light.

So I guess if you understand all of that as well as I do, you're wondering just as much as I am, why the hell I'm in these caves. I've sort of grown up to be a wanderer, although I don't think I really like to be, it just sort of is, just like many things in life just are. Maybe I'm just searching for something still and I won't be able to rest until I find it; there's that fuzziness that still drifts in and out of certain thoughts, and all those strange dreams I have at night about mists and dragons. So I guess I wandered here because that's what I do, and I poked my head in because why not?. Now I'm in the dark though, and I find it utterly alienating and lonely.

I shudder as I press deeper into the halls, losing my way but still marching on, because if I'm being honest I think I've been lost ever since I've been born so it's not a new sensation. I'm enticed by the faint glowing light that is emanating from an upcoming chamber, and like that sad little fish in the ocean depths being lured in by a big hungry fish, I stumble towards it, blind and reckless. I don't get eaten though, at least not in the pure definition. I am definitely swallowed by light, specifically the eerie- false light of this underground source that I can't say I've ever had to experience before. It bathes me in its strangeness, shining off my coat and casting me in shadows and sunbursts. I blink, bewildered.

The sound of water echoes through the passage, causing my head to turn, curious and cautious. The caves were lonely enough without actually needing to be alone, so company was certainly welcome, yet just as equally the caves were strange enough that I didn't need a stranger here to make them any more dangerous. I definitely don't like water, perhaps if not equally, more than I dislike the dark.

What have I gotten myself into?

@[Nym]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.