[OPEN] strike the metal, hear it ring [armor for any]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
look around you; the world is beautiful

The Prince strode across the sands he'd crossed a thousand times, lived and breathed and bled on the granules that shifted, malleable and pliant, beneath his hooves. Each breath seemed surer than the last, glowing like a firefly from the inside out, a mini sun put into supernova. The Golden Prince, awakened at last. Even with battered frame from his fight with Ampere, he seemed at his most fit, the healthiest he had been in quite a while. Pacing the clay, the young stallion threw his head as he focused, drawing up the metal around him in surges of magic through the resistant earth to create a piled heap of scraps. Ready to be used, to be constructed into something so much better than the raw material he thrust from the earth to the side of the Diviner's fire.

There were large projects that circled his mind like hungry vultures, sinking their beaks into the promising visions of his imagination, starved for the possibilities he offered. But sometimes, the forger had to start small. Arming their forces to the teeth was small, right? Cera was struck by memories, watching Midas walk away into the distant horizon, helpless to stop him and forbidden from aiding him. A collar that shifted into gleaming silver and steel, armor as intricate and impenetrable as anything Cera had seen before. A beauty of creationism, truly. He would not send his kin onto the battlefield with naught but the hide of their skin to protect them, not while his Lord had blessed him with continuous crafting for the tortuously hot season.

Lifting his crown, the stallion bellowed out, beating his wings and buffeting air upon the Diviner's fire. It flamed up in response, large and dignified, magnificent even in its usage as a way to draw the attention of his kin. With a sharp downward thrust Cera threw himself to the currents of the skies, circling higher and higher, climbing the horizon as his cry vibrated continuously in his throat. It took shape as time went on, figures approaching, capable of hearing the summons in their tongue rather than the primitive screaming that played on his vocal chords. The Prince swept down from space to the sand in one smooth, predatory motion. Ilaria chittered excitedly from his shoulder, sharing in his revelation, in his healed soul and mind. As a pair they stood as guardians beside the metal pile, awaiting those who deigned to answer his call.

"Warriors!" he bellowed across the sands. "Come! Be fitted with armor!" There was a demand that tied itself beautifully into the promise of gifts, and he spread his wings in a glorious display of power and excitement. Cera had been given the greatest gift of all, and so he chose to do with it what he'd never thought not to; he would give it to others.

---

Armor creation! Warriors first, first come first serve, and whichever half Cera doesn't get Bucephalus will outfit!

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

So here I was, minding my own business and grumbling about the heat, because damn it was hot, even for me! My hooves sank into the burning sand, frogs growing hot from the intense heat that radiated from the red grains, and with a frustrated huff I lifted into the air, relieving myself of the painstaking task of walking on the hot ground. That's when I heard it, the call from one determined horse, and looked up to see none other than Cera. My heart began to thud, and at once I was soaring towards him, longing to catch up with my old pal! Suddenly he was diving down, and without another thought I went after him, the light clear in my dark teal gaze as I nearly crashed landed next to him, nearly missing out on his loud call. As the dust began to clear from my obnoxious entrance, I lifted my dark head to meet him, a broad grin on my features as I called to him, "YOOOOOOO BROTHA!!!"

Soon I was reaching out, offering my maw for his to meet, that same pleasant gleam in my eyes before I finally pulled back, taking in what exactly the golden boy was doing right now. To my right there was the Diviner's Fire, spitting flames per usual, then to my left was a pile of well... junk. At least that's what it looked like at first, but upon closer inspection I realized it was actually pieces of metal. The man must have torn it up from the earth to prepare for... for... what? Wait, was he crafting now? Oh. Hell. Yes! Instantly I was in his face, prancing on my hooves as my wings flapped eagerly, picking up more of the red sands as I circled him, before finally halting right before his face, "You making armor bro? SIGN ME UP! Okay so here's what I'm thinking, now hear me out before you nix it man; black metal. Shiny black metal that will make me look soooo sick! And then some spikes on the helmet so I can impale bitches and- are you getting any of this?" If I was offering him my magnificent body for his wonderful crafting abilities, he better get it right, or I was gonna be pissed. Friend or no, if anything was gonna be seen on me, it had to be hella rad!

"Speech"

Image Credits

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Stand on my feet
Dance the warrior, the warrior

EINARR

The stallion heard the call, and he moved.

He left Mordecai sleeping soundly, nestled beneath a sparse tree where she was sheilded from the sun. Their days, after his patrols, were filled with teaching. Between Einarr and Megaera, the small black filly would be a wealth of knowledge--and she would be the best damned warrior Helovia would see raised from seed. His girl was strong, and she would thrive in this land now that Histe was not able to harm her. The filly was his pride. He had more to protect now than just the herd he had pledged himself to, and it stimulated the fire in him more deeply than any other desire.

And so, when he heard the warriors being called, Einarr moved from his filly's side. Rhoa was already at the scene, with a painted stallion that Einarr did not recognize well. Closing the distance between them, Einarr nodded his head to Cera and spoke his name. "Einarr, warrior." His tone was plain and simple, a gruff and rough texture laced his words. Rhoa, very quickly, went into detail about his request from the painted boy. Raising a brow, Einarr sidestepped away from the youth. Looking down, Einarr turned his head toward the young boy, eyeing him up and down as a skeptical, grim frown laced his lips. This was not the boy that had helped bring his daughter to safety. This was some imposter, surely. The stallion snorted and stretched his wings some, wondering where the meek, solemn child of the Khal had gone. Shaking his head, lightly, Einarr focused his attention back toward Cera. "You making armor for soldiers?"

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

" Do you remember how
The angels sang
And your sorrows left you there
Right before the lights came up. "

From a slight distant she watched how Cera the crafter drew metals from the earth. His doings reminded her of her homeland, where the city's buildings were all made of the minerals of the mountains; forged by the mighty hooves of the Denebian metalbenders. But these are no mountains - this is no snow. She thought, sulkily staring at the glittering biting grains she had hurled herself in. Maren had already been at the diviners fire, watching the holy flames from a distant while laying in sand that was thankfully not as hot as most parts of the desert, thanks to the rocks that surounded her little nest. The tigermare's golden gaze squeezed into slits, watched how the Golden Prince took off with his mighty wings and rose into the air. She hadn't met him yet, but nevertheless she gladly watched him from afar. Then, when she had seen enough, she lay her head down once again in the blue shades of the red rocks, and closed her eyes.

Maren didn't slept, just silently enjoyed the sounds of another busy day in the Throat.

There are not that many interested, it appears. Her mind spoke thoughtfully through her brain as she peeked through her lashes at the gathering. Others must be currently napping in some less fortunate place. She was no warrior by task, so she did not immediately qualify to get the armor Cera offered, but maybe she could use some of her charm to convince him to make some for her, too. For secretly she longed to have the advantage in battle that armor provided. But there would be no need for me to use any extra charm. After all; being a Disciple did not mean she was no warrior. I can fight...- Alright, maybe not as good as the real warriors, but didn't that only mean that the non-professionals needed the extra gear all the more? So with that mind-set the mare pulled her body from the shade, stretched her stiff legs and made her way to the small crowd. "Good day," She smiled to her season-old family when the others seemed to be done talking. Then she turned to the Golden Prince. "Cera, if you have the time, would you consider forging armor for me, a Disciple, too?"

|| Notes: || Wordcount: || "talking" ||

Please tag me 

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria

A smile briefly curled on Cera's face as a familiar young, dark form soared his way on the low wind currents. Rhoa. He held an odd bond with the youth, an understanding that had bound them together in a sort of brotherhood that stemmed in acknowledgement of abandonment, father problems, and issues that plagued their own self-conscious states. Smile faltered at the crash landing that sprayed sand and dust everywhere, irritation rising in a sharp stab. It was far from just obnoxious, it was horribly disruptive and blatantly rude. Cera blinked and coughed harshly against the dust that sprang up, eyes watering and skin pelted with the loose top layer of sand that Rhoa had kicked up. A sudden scream that pierced the air, and Cera winced, ears folding to half-mast hovering above his mane as it shredded through his ears. What the hell? Ilaria hissed at the intrusive sound, the odd lingo he'd used that set Cera on edge. It was bellowed practically in his face, and Cera's face soured, eyes wary. What was going on with the child? Where was the quiet, respectful colt he'd known?

Still, Cera met the proffered maw, bumping happily and in warm greeting. "It is good to see you, Rhoa," the Prince welcomed kindly, trying to put the previous actions out of his mind. Perhaps it was just a one off? The Golden Prince hoped it was, at least. Another warrior arrived shortly, right before Rhoa began to speak, announcing his name and rank in a gruff manner that Cera recognized and appreciated in his dealings with Gaucho. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Einarr," Cera said formally, bowing his head. It was only right to respect the soldiers of the land, for Cera would be right there with them were it not for the rank he already excelled in. Coming from a family of Generals, the respect was inherent, and Cera would bleed right beside Einarr in the event of an invasion regardless of his rank.

"Yes," was all Cera could say in response to Einarr's question before Rhoa was clammering in his ears again, not as loud as he had been initially but still frustratingly apparent. At first, Cera had no qualms with his words, even noting the appearance of a wingless mare as she approached in the distant part of his mind. Until foul words began to spew themselves from the youth's mouth, vile and derogatory. And in the presence of a mare!

Now, Cera did not often have a temper. He had patience that was longer than the length of Helovia most days, it was why he had been made a Diviner once. But what Cera did not stand for was the disgusting behavior Rhoa was displaying, his blatant disrespect and objectification of women with the words he employed. "SILENCE!" the Prince roared, storming towards the boy and snapping his teeth as if to grab for one of his ears and take hold, teach him a lesson about manners and respect. Wings flared wide, buffeting the fires at his side, using his full height to loom over the young prince of the sands. But there was a reason Cera held that title in more than just blood, but in name. It was clear this child was not deserving of it.

"You think that impaling a random equine is fun? Do you think this is a game, boy?!" it roared from his throat, a lion unleashed from the lamb Cera had always embodied. "Those people you dream of hurting? They have families, and dreams, no matter how black their souls or their desires! You are but a babe and yet you dream of killing! And you speak such vile words in the presence of a lady!" Cera crowded close into Rhoa's face, teeth bared and eyes aflame with rage. It was stupid, idiotic in a way Cera despised, to love and crave war and blood. Rhoa knew nothing about the truth of the world, the pain and despair and loss that came with battle.

"You will sit your ass by that fire and wait and think about what you've said, because war is cruel and horrible and painful, and this armor is to keep you alive! Not to enable you to kill bitches," Cera spat venomously. "And if you ever use that word around me again, I will drag your ass to the arena and I will beat some respect for females into you!" Heaving with the fury of his words, Cera stormed away from Rhoa and took a quick moment to gather himself, Maren's words soft and kind at his side in their sincere questing, questioning.

Smiling tightly, he turned to the beautiful lass, finally noticing the wings behind her ears. "I am sorry, miss," he said softly, wings coming to a close at his sides, not desiring to intimidate her. "I do not like yelling in the presence of others, much less a lady I do not know. Nevertheless I would be happy to craft you something, do you have any designs in mind while I aid Einarr with his?" As he spoke he wandered back towards the warrior, his eyes still on Maren until the question was properly free of his lips, dragging the metal to his side with a mere thought and eyeing the stallion's body moments later. Setting to work, he began to drag the chunks up, throwing them into the fire and molding them, cooling them before he allowed the pieces to touch Einarr's skin as he crafted right around the stallion. It would be removable in the end, but it needed to fit perfectly, and Cera allotted no mistakes in his craft.

His flanks were mildly sweaty by the time he was done, glancing over the metal with a critical eye. "Is it to your liking?" he queried softly, a little bit breathless with the exertion of the crafting.

@[Rhoa] && @[Einarr] && @[Maren]

Rhoa and Maren can post, then Cera will get to them (I have to clarify something before I do all three immediately). Einarr, please describe what Cera made in your answer post, and then post to updates please!

image credits
table by whit

M A R E N

" Do you remember how
The angels sang

It felt right that the Golden seemed treated with respect, appreciation and honor. For he radiated the kind of influence that made her want to smile at him and accept his words for truth. Maren hadn't exactly heard what the black colt had said. Had simply been rubbing the insides of her ears with her flexible, ticklish feathers, as the words must have flown right out of the other ear once sounds had entered. So the only mare in the gathering blinked unknowingly as the Golden Prince jumped forward with a shout of order and domination. Long fluttering eyelashes under imaginary eyebrows raised up by surprise. Unlike her, Cera seemed to have heard all the words perfectly clear, and he must have found the heat of the Holy Flames in -sure enough-himself as the flames flared higher, fueled by a few careless lines from the child. The tigermare moved her soundlessly fluttering flash-lights (her eyes) to the sinner: The black colt. While looking at him, she questioned the innocence which the young were supposed to always carried with them - until they grew up and decided to not need it anymore. She could only wish that she'd never done that. However, Maren's observant brain decided that the words could not have been feminine-friendly, and she had to retain her wings so that they wouldn't slow-clap in appreciation of Cera's efforts - because hooray for disciplining all-that was-to-young-to-understand what roamed this wicked, wicked world. They would so much need all the guidance after all, which made her wish they would just embrace all them Old's knowledge and analyze it. For it could make a difference in repeating past mistakes. But even though they hadn't found the precise necessity for any kind of education yet; they would be thankful later for all that was said and done in the past - But only when they had grown old already and had the seeds of their own wisdom finally sprouted and grown. Then they would understand the world and all that came with it - or let's hope at least a tiny bit better.

She had faith in kids like this to get themselves together eventually. However, death - killing, was a touchy subject. All old and understanding of it could simply not let a child speak so easily of it; as if it was nothing more than simple fun and games. So Maren did not laugh, for it was serious business. Just like the child she had met some days earlier, the tigermare did not understand how a young colt like him could already be thinking of weapons, killing and armor. Then again, it might just be this generation and her silent upbringing that made her judge the way she did. For if it had been her, she would have given him no more than a toy to play with, until his mind had grown up a little bit more. But alas, this was not her playground to bully kids around in... It was Cera's. So she let him while keeping up and nodding to his words in her head. "Thank you", she spoke to Cera in a soft voice. "I appreciate it."

Then she told him about the armor; told him it had to be lightweight and that it had to at least cover her shoulders, crest, dock and canons - And if he had the time she would've loved some slight detailing... But not to much. Nay.

@[cera] || Notes: sorry for the petty post ; ^ ; just wanted to have this up tonight <3 || Wordcount: || "talking" ||

Please tag me 

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria

Though Cera's anger ran hot as the flames that soaked and danced along his flanks, it was also as tempered and finely edged as the metal with which he worked. His blows upon Rhoa were short and concise, rare in their execution but brutal nonetheless. Though he held no regret for placing the foolish child in his place, he murmured his apologies towards Maren's feathered ears nonetheless. Mares were no lower than stallions, as Rhoa seemed to believe. Cera held a great, abiding respect for Megaera, and Ampere, and any other mare who broke free of the stereotype that they were to be forcibly complacent and quiet. Still he did not like to shout in the face or presence of a lady, but he also did not approve of doing so in front of children. He only hoped Maren would understand his regret for what it was, not as he belittling her.

"It is my pleasure, miss Maren," the Prince assured her, eyes warming once more with the reminder that he had a job and a purpose, people who relied on him and appreciated his efforts for what they were. Where Einarr had lent Cera little in terms of restrictions, preferences, and desires, Maren was concise in her description of what she wanted from the finished product. Cera was already sketching a blueprint in his mind, almost delighted by her lack of wings in that moment. All the beautiful skin and canvas that it allowed him! Of course he would not dare to speak that aloud, for fear of insulting her or causing her emotional harm. What if she was genetically meant for the wings she was clearly not gifted? Cera would not be able to bear that agony of harming her.

"Hold still please," was his only request, given with a smile and warm eyes that asked of her to trust him. No harm would befall her beside his fires, not while he worked metal just inches from her skin. And so he set to work, letting sweat drench him and foam bead and fleck on his skin. It was worth the strain, the feeling almost like soreness that spread throughout his muscles with the use of the magic. He lifted the pieces delicately, always verbally announcing whenever he would let it touch Maren's skin rather than seeing if it was the right size. Though he was sad that no leather was readily available, the metal chains worked their magic nonetheless. And if Maren's was perhaps a little more beautiful, well...Cera simply liked armor for mares. But he did add a few little details - roses and vines, little flowers in the metal. She inspired him, and he took the muse for what it was and happily utilized it. Stepping back, he huffed out a few breaths and grinned proudly at the final product that sat gleaming upon her frame.

"Is it suitable? I hope you don't mind my liberties." He could always smooth them away, but he'd be sorrowful to see them go nonetheless. Then he quietly eyed her halo, and his tongue reluctantly moved to ask her for a favor. "Do you happen to have magic with any derivative of fire in it? I have a quest, and I'm loathe to ask anyone for help much less after I made something for them, but my reluctance has not helped me in my tasks so far..." he mumbled quietly, hoping she'd spare him the agony he felt to be asking something he considered so selfish.

@[Maren] - Cera inscribed flowers (particularly roses in some spots) into the armor, if you want to include that! Just post to updates with the description of your armor :) so sorry for the wait dear! Also Maren has active Fire x Water magic, and Cera is on a quest to collect any magic with Fire in it, so he asked ;D

image credits
table by whit

M A R E N

" Do you remember how
The angels sang

She hadn’t really been sure if she had grown part of the desert, hadn’t been sure when or how she had finally evolved into one of the grains winnowing through these endless hills of golden glimmering dusty fields. But she had. And now the thought and realization made her chuckle at herself and smile as the Golden Prince smiled back at her.

“Hold still please.”

For a moment her ears swiped forward towards the stallion, slightly confused, as her eyes stood empty while her mind tried to comprehend why she would need to stand silent. But then she realized - later than a warrior would have - that getting armor meant having someone touch her. “Ah…” Of course. She swallowed, but did not allow her smile to evaporate with the warmth that began smoking from her insides. Besides, she didn’t want Cera to think she wouldn’t want his steel protection anymore. So she simply answered him by keeping herself still, even though her heart began to race faster and her skin itch. Both with primitive anticipation and also that familiar feeling; one she did not like as much as the first, but knew so much better.

Still, she hold the glimmer that had been in his eyes, just moments before they had turned to his magical handiwork, tight in her desperate reaching claws. That, and the thoughts that had just been floating her mind; she hold them close to her chest in her imagination. For this… This is my family. For if she really was the grain she thought and believed she had turned into from the solid rock in the river she had been for all those years, she would never be alone on her journeys again. From the corners of her eyes she watched Cera work until the sweat was dripping in little glimmering droplets of fire along his Tallsun coat. To her own surprise, she didn’t mind it as much as she had thought. Somehow she didn’t even need the distraction she had already began grasping for in the beginning. She simply stood still, but cooperated with Cera when he needed her to. His touches were swift, fixed and accustomed. Even though she stood there frozen, he was like a fire, moving around her as if he had known months ago that she would have been here this day, this hour... And now he was simply enjoying the work on this new project in his own world of steel, fire and - apparently - roses.

"Is it suitable? I hope you don't mind my liberties." His grin told her more than words would have been able to, as in his eyes gleamed some kind of prideful loving glimmer. But the mare immediately knew he was not looking at her - but at the final piece of art he had created. Maren turned her head to look over her shoulder at the armor covering parts of her body. She raised her wings up and totally out of her eyesight to look some more and more. Her gaze continued lingering longer on the tiny roses that had been put in with so much craftsmanship that, at some point, she was just searching for only the tiny roses and let herself be surprised and baffled every time she discovered a new one hidden in the metal. She turned her happily smiling eyes to him. "Your... liberties might be your greatest trade-mark", she winked. Perhaps she didn't tell him, but the way she had been turning and twitching to... see, with that rare, exceptional smile printed on her lips, had made it quit obvious, nonetheless.

With her new armor glimmering in the sun- and firelight, she pulled her shoulder towards her curled neck. "You tell me if its suitable." she asked charmingly delighted - perhaps even convincingly seductive, but with a joking, playful laugh hidden and leashed to the back of her throat. Perhaps lingering and staying put for another time.

Even though the Golden was the one who had really accomplished something, within herself, too, some small victory had taken place. Something, even though unseen - but still a scar, was finally quietly fading. A silent chuckle left her lips with a sigh. The corners of her lips vibrated for his coincidental question. Miss Maren, she remembered. Still, he seemed somewhat hesitant to ask. "Well, sir. This time it seems that you got lucky. I do have magic involving heath, so let me help you. It can only mean good fortune on this armor that I am able to repay you so soon, after all. Even in the small way that this is." She bowed her head in a deep nod. How could he think she would not trade him this small favor for the armor which could save her life one day?

@[Cera] || Notes: :D || Wordcount: 800 || "talking" ||

Please tag me 

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria

In a way he found her beautiful, intricate, as all others she encountered surely did. Perhaps in another place, another time, he would comment upon it. For what little experience with the fairer sex the Prince had, his golden heart generally made up for it, shedding light and compliments down upon those around him. Yet when she stood there before the flames, a request on her lips and a blueprint in her mind, anything that could be chalked up as physical attractiveness and aesthetic disappeared. Maren became a mannequin, a doll which he had to clothe, shape, adorn. She was warm and pliable, little threads of tension running in the seams of her stripes.

The Prince was as gentle as he could be, something outside of his almost fervent desire to create recognizing her discomfort and amplifying his own already careful mannerisms to suit her. The metal was beautiful against her frame, and though Cera was not one for arrogance or negative pride, he found it attractive as it lay against her skin in custom fit precision. Accenting the crests and valleys of her body, even as it covered the stripes that lent her the exoticism that undoubtedly drew others to her in fascination.

When he finally removed himself from the headspace he often fell into when manipulating the metals of the earth, he was able to freely call it endearing, the way she shuffled her little wings away in order to enhance her peripheral vision. Cera dare not call them cute to her face for fear of insulting her, but if one day he could firmly call her a friend, then perhaps he would inform her. Or tease her kindly, whichever came first. She seemed the type he desired to befriend, at the least. Ilaria huffed fondly from her little rock by the fire, auburn eyes agleam with amusement. Everyone is your friend type, Cera. Cera huffed a little laugh while Maren inspected her armor, turning and lolling his tongue out playfully at the red panda.

Heart seemed to glow at her praise, her saucy little wink, and Cera laughed more freely for the effort. He returned it with one of his own, paired with words that sprang in teasing jest to his lips. "It is only the greatest because you are the one to wear it," he assured, emeralds gleaming like the gems they resembled in the fine curves of his face. It was nice to joke and play, especially after the mild dramatic moment with Rhoa. Though crafting always lifted his heart, the Golden Prince loved to socialize, and he seemed to glow from within at her simple interaction with him. Truly deserving of the name he'd somehow been awarded.

"You'll dazzle them even as you're being protected," Cera hummed pleasantly, eyes dancing in little flames reminiscent to the ones warming his skin. But she was made of softer things, though something in her eyes glinted like gleaming, polished silver - the blade of an ornate dagger, beautiful but still capable of so much more. And instead of flames, mists began to coil round them, as if wrapping him in a tender caress. Cera's smile illuminated beyond all, and as the clouds seemed to be sucked into one of the amulets, he directed the full intensity of his countenance to the mare before him. "Thank you," he breathed, exhilarated.

image credits
table by whit