the Rift

Any second now? (Talion)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

We lived as a bright emerald, nestled within the belly of a blue eyed beast. Water and plentiful greenery kept our bodies content and sinfully sluggish. This land is undeniably easy to thrive in -- tis strikingly different from my years of toil spent upon the pale red sands of Dragons Throat. That was a harsh land, even their peaceful oasis could only offer scarce relief from dangerous heat, animal attacks, starvation and dehydration. Only Frostfall saw that the natural glory of this place changed into one of strife; yar, once a season it silenced of our storming cascades and cast us in unaccustomed silence. During this prosperous lapse, I trained as often as time allowed; aiming to keep my mind and flesh from becoming passive and lazy in the long hours of merciful peace.

Oppressive fury of another Tallsun afternoon screamed down my spine. Brilliant rays caught and bounced from the cloudy granules that scattered violently as this body rose to a standing rear, praising yon fire god by a show of strength and agility (for power was often rumored to honor him); flexing, taunt muscles on each sculpted hindquarter stretched to their limit -- every tendon reaching for heaven with both forelimbs straining to soar higher than the other. A fevered cry escapes from my chest and into the dusty air.

Training, purposely academic was today's goal. I fell forward, allowing the sound of my trumpet to die and the swirling cloud permission to settle. Ears are pressed hard forward, listening for evidence that an opponent was ripe enough to answer the call of a king. One forehoof rose, pawing at the dirty ground, taunting the ghosts who lurk behind a veil. Pools jerk expectantly to the distant circle of timber and snaggly weed. Anticipating a response at any moment. Any second now...

Word count: 301
OOC: Sorry this took so long to get up!
Attack: (0/3)
Setting: Afternoon, hot and dusty. Standing on a cleared patch of earth near a ring of trees.
@[Talion]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Nyte Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
This thread is closed due to IC events. No VP awarded.