the Rift

[OPEN] It's not so bad [Welcoming]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

He question about the boys was something Elsa had expected. If Bellisma wanted a true answer to that, she would not get one from Elsa. Sometimes the best surprises are those that you discover yourself. Plus, what's the fun in ruining a future adventure? So the silence slid by without another word, as Bellisma pondered whether or not it would be a good idea to go to the Falls. When she finally spoke, asserting her decision it was one that Elsa greedily accepted. She would be a nice change to the scenery, a lot more... nice than the usual. Nice didn't even cut it, she was just so, well seemed so real.

Turning, Elsa moved toward the North, gesturing for Bellisma to follow. This was always the worst part. Trying to keep up a civilized and not to "personal" conversation was hard. Keeping a balance like that took a lot of energy. So, Elsa decided to go with the cliche questions. "So, do you have anything in particular you'd like to do at the Falls? We have all sorts of occupations, I'm a crafter, but you can also be a warrior, medic, seer, and spy. All have their respected groups and duties. If you are unsure, don't worry you can take time to make your decision." Elsa shrugged as the Falls came into view. Nestled up between the rolling hills, this herd was one of great beauty. Within mere moment the roar of the falls began to draw closer and closer, until finally they had found their way into the boarders.

Elsa came to a stop, turning to smile at Bellisma. Would she think this place was beautiful, or would she detest it? This was nerve wrecking, because arriving was truly the deciding point of the whole escapade. "Do you like it so far?" Her voice was timid, but interested. Sometimes knowing even little things like preferences of living spaces helped make someone a little less of a mystery.

"Talketh."
[Bellisma] Sorry for the wait and that its a little weird. :) Anyone else is welcome to join if they want.

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
Bellisma nervously started after Elsa; she (for some unknown reason) trusted the winged mare. Perhaps it was the honesty, the lack of prying, or the straightforwardness. Whatever it was, she daintily picked her way after the mare, taking greater care of her legs, hide, and muscles than she did during her flight into Helovia.

However, her gait faltered at the white lady’s question. ’Occupation?’ she thought. Panic started setting into her small frame, making muscles taunt despite their sore protests, before the explanation could even be aired. Her previous occupations had been rather unpleasant. Upon hearing the description of the occupations and realizing that she could choose (”Choose?” she unknowingly voiced aloud, the thrill pulling the word out of her mouth) her own job, an impressive change overcame the golden doll.

Her gait, which had been careful before, became buoyant. Her face, still etched with concern and traces of panic, became glowing and excited which made the already beautiful features bewitching. Her body, once carried in a subdued and unremarkable fashion, swelled and floated on her light steps.

She smiled truly, lighting up her face, as she considered which job she would choose. Certainly not warrior or spy. Seer? She could barely see her own future, let alone do so for her new herd. Crafter? Perhaps. Medic, however… ”I think I’d like to be a medic,” her voice chimed the loudest and sweetest yet, ”Helping others would be…” a wistfulness wavered into her happiness as she paused, ”Well, that would be nice.”

She had been so wrapped up in making her second (she was counting) free choice, that the loud rumble of the nearness of the falls startled her into recognizing her surroundings. It was like nothing she had seen- so far removed from the heat and sandy wastelands of her old home. This was lush, verdant, beautiful, it was ”Perfect,” a word again slipped out (her tongue, it seemed, had fully embraced it’s freedom and now was working independently of her brain). Though she meant it. ”This is lovely.”

Her back leg, already tired and bloody, decided at that moment to collapse from under her. ”Oh! Perhaps I should cleanse my leg in the falls,” perhaps she should cleanse her whole body of the muddy dust that hid the gleaming golden coat. She limped into the pool at the base of the nearest falls, the pain radiating from her leg making her slightly more audacious and foggy. Normally would have waited for Elsa’s direction, but her body needed the coolness of the water now, so she sank ungracefully into the water before turning to Elsa and asking, ”Is this alright?” The cool water splashed onto her coat and lapped away the mud, revealing the hidden scratches and golden copper beneath it. She let out a low, chiming hum as the cool water soothed the aches, closing her green eyes for just a moment and smiling softly.

ooc| So this started out okay, but I completely broke character for her at the end. Boo :( @[Elsa]
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

ELSA

Whatever Elsa had said, she was glad she said it. The pep of the atmosphere seemed to kick a bit, which was nice. The solemn, quiet days were the ones she loathed. It was then that she felt she was most cemented by proper etiquette. Her attention was focused on Bellisma though, as she began to recite what she wished to be. A medic? That was one she hadn't run across before. Sure, she had brought plenty of wannabe warriors and spies, but, a medic had been an occupation she had not yet brought someone into. Her heart kind of swelled at this little accomplishment, a small smile creeping across her face as she nodded towards Bellisma. "Then welcome to the medic team!" Her tone was bright and cheery. Full of the childish vigor that colored her voice when she had begun her life in Helovia so many months ago.

As they trekked across the Falls, Elsa listened quietly to Bellisma's little quips about the beauty here. No matter how many times Elsa moved through these lands, the scenery here would never get it. It went from lush foliage one month, to bright colors the next, to wintry sparkles the following. There was always something new around the corner. As they approached a waterfall, a question that was quite peculiar was spoken. Elsa twitched an ear in confusion, turning to face Bellisma. Her smile faltered for a moment, but returned back just as quickly to its pleasant state. "Of course you can. There is no need to ask me! You can do whatever you want, as long as you don't harm anyone else. Were pretty lax about rules regarding what you can and cannot do hygiene wise." Elsa winked, nodding her towards the water. If she wished to go, she could. Nothing was stopping her. Elsa herself even took a few steps in, sinking into the cool liquid. Nothing like this respite after suffocating in the sun all day.

"Talketh."
@[Bellisma]

Adoptable
Bellisma
Seeing Elsa join her in the water made Bell smile again. She found herself smiling more and more around this white winged mare. Letting her words percolate through her mind as she let the water wash away the filth, she realized that she perhaps needed to know more about how this land worked.

What were the rules? She had mentioned a ‘Midas’ and a ‘Ghost’ at the Threshold. And a God of the Earth. She should know if there were stallions to avoid or laws to follow. Gently moving into deeper water towards the thundering falls in order to rinse the mud that clung to her mane and tail.

Pausing, she enjoyed the tickle of bubbles swirling around her legs and belly. It had been so long sense such a delicate, pleasant sensation had graced her skin. In fact, she couldn’t remember the last pleasant, non-damaging or non-sexual touch she had experienced. The thought caused the traces of happiness on her face to fade, and her green eyes to cloud as they dropped from Elsa to the surface of the water.

“Are there any other rules to know here?” Realizing how broad her question was, she clarified her true meaning, “I mean- is there anyone I should avoid?” Bell! Why can’t you ask some exciting questions! Enjoy this freedom you escaped to.

“An-and Midas and Gost, are they-” she faltered over her words, “are they cheerful?” Perhaps that was a bit hopeful, “Or, uhm, lenient?” That was a better word. And much more plausible for leaders to be.

ooc| So this took a year. I’m sorry! Getting back to school from SB was a lot more hectic than I anticipated. Sorry <3 @[Elsa]
-Frost

ELSA

The mare seemed to have this air of innocence about her. Even in the midst of Elsa's jokes, she still seemed hesitant and worried about breaking the rules. Even if she did, was Bellisma incapable of understanding that sometimes these things happen? Never would she be punished or removed for minor infractions. Forgiveness was a quality that (in some respects) ran rampant through each being in the Falls. It took quite a lot for Elsa herself to hold such grudges, but nonetheless they still existed. As for avoiding others, that was up to Bellisma herself. No one could tell her who she can and cannot see. Love, friendship and hate all came in their own time. "You must decide for yourself who you can and cannot see. It is not our duty to keep you away from anyone." Elsa shrugged, turning slightly in the water to watch it rush casually over the top of her outstretched wings. It filled the places that so often didn't see the light. It made her felt clean, pure.

Regarding Midas and Ghost, well that was a loaded question. Elsa did know who they were, and respected them. Yet, it still seemed as if she did not know them at all. She was a loyal subject, yes, and in charge of some of the herd mates, but, when it came to her leaders, they were still a closed book. "Midas, as far as I have known him, doesn't seem to want to hurt a fly. Very understanding, even when you may act crazy." That was true, Elsa had more than once attempted to jump down his throat and piss him off. It still aggravated her that he seemed so good. Everyone had there flaws, and it was hard to accept that maybe Midas was Mr. Perfect. "Ghost, I haven't really met. She approached me once, and was civil and respectful. She didn't seem overly cheery, or an angry woman. Like her name I suppose, ghostly in actions and emotions?" Her own statement ended more like a question, falling at the end into thoughtful musings. Maybe Elsa would have to meet Ghost again sometime, to really understand what the sly leader was capable of.

With those questions out of the way, Elsa took it upon herself to ask Bellisma some questions. An eye for an eye. Ha, that was funny. Get it? Cause, Elsa doesn't have an eye... anyways. "So where did you come from Bellisma? Like, what is your story, your life?" She turned back towards the newcomer, thoughtfully tilting her head. For a horse, she was indeed quite a worrier. Elsa had been to in her past, but not this much. It would be interesting to see what Bellisma had to divulge, if she decided to answer.

"Talketh."
@[Bellisma] no worries! <3

Adoptable
Bellisma
Despite the heat of Tallsun, the cold water began to send a chill through her thin skin. Her golden coat was meant for hot desert sun, not cool waterfall glens. Shivering once, she dunked her head beneath the surface in a rare display of faith- she was absolutely vulnerable. But it quickly passed as her face rose from the water, shivering again as the cool liquid slid down her neck and pooled on her back.

She watched Elsa as she spoke of her- now their- leaders. They didn’t seem so bad from her description. Perhaps she could meet Ghost, but she still wasn’t sure she’d want to meet Midas, and the mistrust flickered across her face at the thought.

Bellisma slowly started moving towards the bank, leaving clouds of red in her wake. The blood from the gash on her leg was no longer hidden by the mud sloughing off her body. The combination of cold and sting - both sensations Bell couldn’t stand, she much preferred the pain of broken bones and burning heat- made her answer Elsa’s questions without thinking, “I come from Qumox, a large desert. And my story is a failed one.”

She paused, her small black hooves sinking between the slippery rocks, as her flat words echoed across the water. They were swallowed by the sounds of the falls, but their hollowness still hung on her frame. “By that I mean my story was told once, passed down through generations,” indeed, the story of a small sun coming from the night clouds (her dam’s name) during a full moon (her sire’s name) to bring light to the desert, “But instead of bringing prosperity, I became-”

This pause was a painful one. It was long and sad. What had she become? Broken? Used? Caged? “I became a trapped pet.” That perhaps was the most pleasant way to phrase it. Her face cautiously turned to Elsa, her green eyes seeking the reaction to her words in the blue gaze. Surprise flickered as she realized the lack of a left eye in the mare. How did she miss that before?

She darted her gaze to the surface of the water, before returning it to Elsa’s face, “I hope your story is not so lamentable as mine?” The bells ended higher than they began, as her question probed gently. Bell didn’t care to relive her own past, so her question was one that could elicit a story or a simple answer. She hoped for a story, and one more cheerful than her own. Hoping now, Bell? How audacious.

ooc| I didn’t realize Elsa only had one eye >.< hehe @[Elsa]
-Frost

ELSA

There was a distinct variation between the Bellisma that had arrived, to the one who was now answering her questions. Elsa watched distinctly now, curious as to find out the origins of this mare. As her friend waded across the water, the mud began to fall from her body. She was cleansed, both from the dirt, and possibly the past. It was evident now that her companion had suffered a wound during her expeditions, but Elsa did not bother to comment. If it was causing her insurmountable pain, she would have most likely spoken of it. So once upon a time, Bellisma had been a slave by the sound of it. How intriguing, she was timid, but no where near as submissive as what Elsa would peg to be a runaway slave. In her mind, they were always quite scared, or too big for their britches. Bellisma walked in the middle, how odd.

Elsa sighed at the question that was presented, offering a sheepish smile. Her's was not a noble wound, merely a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. "A unicorn from the north speared me in the eye a few seasons ago." Elsa shrugged, wading up to her chest in the fresh waters. Somehow, feeling it all around her was like a security blanket. Being exposed was something Elsa was not accustomed to. "It's so different only seeing half of the world," she mused aloud. Her once upon a time was beautiful, perfect, the epitome of happiness some would say. Now look where she was at, half-blind, and nothing more than meager crafter who was overworked and underpaid (hypothetically, of course). "I had a family once, and was destined to be great." The word dripped off her tongue with bitterness. That was a lie that no child should grow up believing. It was much easier to expect the worse than to grow up, and then become dethroned. "Bandits killed my family, sister disowned me, herd ran me out. You know, the usual." A smile settled across her face as she laughed at her own past. How naive she had been. "I just hope one day I can let it all go, ya know?" The question ended on a curious note, holding the air of being rhetorical, while Elsa almost wished for an answer of confirmation. Maybe it would make it feel that all this shit was justifiable, and she had a right to be mad. "How did you gain your freedom?" Elsa turned towards Bellisma once again. They might as well get to know each other a little better if they were going to live together. Plus, little to no one wished to listen to her own lamentations. Bellisma gave her a little something she hadn't experienced before.

"Talketh."
@[Bellisma]

Adoptable
Bellisma
She started at the explanation of her eye, "Are unicorns to be avoided here, then?” there was an edge of panic to her voice once more. At Elsa’s offhanded musing of seeing only half the world, she shuddered. If you only saw half the world, however would you protect yourself? Well, Elsa’s wings were certainly helpful for that, but Bellisma was earthbound. So she needed all the eyes she could get to see danger and flee from it.

Consternation flashed across her face as she heard a story that had quite a few similarities with her own past. Both had been destined for greatness, both families had been killed (though hers by a warring tribe, not bandits), but Elsa spoke of her past with laughter and bitterness. Though dripping with derisiveness, she still could laugh. Bellisma couldn’t even speak the name ‘Rrazmik’ aloud, and the thought of him made her tremble.

Disbelief swept her face as Elsa expressed her hope of ‘letting her past go.’ “You certainly seem well on your way to letting it go,” her surprise pulled the observation from her lips without her mind’s permission. She blanched, “What I mean is, letting a past go seems- well, seems impossible,” she paused in contemplation, “But I hope treating it with laughter and bitterness, as you do, is possible. Instead of being— being trapped by it,” another pause, this one sad, “Or, at least, learn to tolerate the memories…” she trailed off, the bells chiming quietly and desolately.

Her gaze had drifted away from Elsa, as she gracefully hopped out of the water. Her body felt clean and refreshed, but she teetered on the edge of chilled as a shiver ran through her. Eyeing the area around her speculatively, she glanced at Elsa almost questioningly. Was it safe to lay down? Hopefully. She found some patchy sunshine that filtered through the leaves and carefully sank to the ground. Her tired muscles and injured leg sang in relief as a contented sigh escaped her. Thick grass was certainly more cushy than desert sand and rock. She smiled at the thought of her new home being so different from her old.

“How I escaped?” she repeated the question quietly, thinking how to explain her haphazard flight. “He almost always keeps me chained, even when I am the reward for hard battles won by great generals,” she spoke flatly, eyes unseeing as she recounts her tale. She still spoke in the present tense, for her freedom was new, “But for Edalet’s predilections, a chain often got in the way. And he favored Edalet. I know this because Edalet visits me often. I’m not sure why…” she trailed off, for Edalet was certainly not the cruelest stallion she had met. And why Rrazmik (the ‘he’ that kept her trapped and whom she referred to with hushed fear in her voice) liked Edalet she knew not. And being his pet for so long, she had come to know him unfortunately well.

“I think Edalet won a great battle, or perhaps finally brought him a prettier pet,” Bellisma had been the first and longest pet Rrazmik had kept, “There were others, yet he kept me with him longest. For years… But finally the slave brought me beyond my outdoor run. He took me to Edalet. I never visit the generals, they always visit me,” her voice was growing hoarse from speaking, she never spoke much at once. But she was caught in her past, unable to stop reliving the story, “Naturally Edalet enjoyed his reward immediately and immensely. Though he did not attach my chain to the rafters as it normally is. I think he may have forgotten when he left for he was very satisfied with himself,” he had been quite exuberant with the little mare, “Or perhaps he meant to leave me unchained…” she thoughtfully chimes. There had been an air of purpose as he left her, and he had taken such fill of her, as if it was a last meal… “Well, he left me unchained, so I ran. Qeddar sent his wolves after me, but freedom made me run faster than I ever had before. I ran even faster than when he let me loose and chased me down for fun. This time it wasn't his game. It was real,” her voice was gone now, a hoarse whisper, “It is real.” The disbelief contradicted the words of the whisper.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to speak so much,” the hoarse apology seemed embarrassed as she returned to the present and looked towards Elsa. “I should give you time to talk! How did you come to Helovia? And how have you enjoyed your time here?”

ooc| Hahaha, all I could imagine is Elsa singing “Let It Go” during your post :P hehe @[Elsa]
And this got so much longer than expected. You obvs don’t need to match this, it’s a monster. I don’t know why I kept her talking >.<
-Frost

ELSA

The knee jerk question that fell from Bellisma's lips made Elsa cringe. In one way, she was so tempted to spew that she should avoid them. Yet, in another, she appreciated the ones she had met in the Threshold. She had yet to meet someone rude and dangerous. The only one that had really hurt her was the barbed stallion. "Not the unicorns particularly. I would just be careful with trust and care. In the wrong hands, they can use it against you." It was Elsa's way of giving a fair and honest answer. Hopefully she would take that to heart, because it would crush her if she ever found that Bellisma had been treated the way she had. It was a torturous life living in fear and anger.

However, she dropped the subject as quickly as possible when Bellisma began to talk. Elsa was interested in her story, and how she came to be. The way she acted just reminded Elsa of her "employees" so to speak. In essence, Bellisma was far more nice and formal than Elsa liked. Formalities really were just masks, and terrible ones at that. Of course, her story was one much worse than her own. Elsa reached out her nose to bump Bellisma's shoulder encouragingly. If she could get through that, this girl could take on the world if she wanted! Elsa grinned from ear to ear, ready to give her accolades. "See, you have overcome your problems. Anyone who can freely tell a story like that is strong, and knows how to move on. You'll do great here, and your past will begin to fade if you let it. All bad things can be washed out eventually." However, her apology made Elsa sigh with stress. When would she learn to just let things happen? She should not apologize for something Elsa asked for. If Elsa didn't want to know, she would not have asked. "Bellisma, stop apologizing. I asked you, which means I wanted to listen." Elsa chided her in the friendliest manner she could manage. Hopefully the shy woman would not take it to heart.

The conversation moved to more of a "How's the weather" subject. As much as she had repeated it, maybe Bellisma would be the first to appreciate her opinion. So many others just wrote her off as quickly as she spoke her words. "Well, I got to Helovia by being run out of my own kingdom. Ironic huh? It doesn't bother me much though, because I think they did me a favor. Without them, I would've never met you." Elsa winked, but she meant it. Bellisma was becoming the closest thing to an outside friend she had. "I've enjoyed my time as much as the next person. I'm content with what I am doing, but someday I want to do something more." Her eyes got all glassy thinking of the things she wished to do. Maybe she'd have another child someday, maybe she'd actually be good in combat, and the likewise. Suddenly, a look of shock crossed her face. "Jobs. Right. I actually need to help finish up some of the projects we have going on. Will you meet with me again sometimes Bellisma? I enjoyed talking to you." Elsa patiently waited, hoping to hear an affirmative answer from her unlikely friend.

"Talketh."
@[Bellisma] ahh so I just got to this with all the craziness, but I figured we could wrap it here and then have a thread soon some other time? :)

Adoptable
Bellisma
Stark surprise wiped her face blank of any apprehension she had from sharing her story. Elsa thought her strong? She was anything but strong. She was timid, she was fearful, she was obnoxiously persistent at staying alive. But strong? No, the little mare could not see herself as strong.

“Me? Strong?” a smile brightened her face, chasing the shadows of her past away, at the unknowingly kind words the white mare spoke. It faltered only slightly with the gentle chiding, “Oh, I’m sorry- oh no! I’m so sorr-“ she broke off her apology for apologizing (for apologizing) with an outright grin, “Right, no more of that,” and gentle twinkling bells of laughter pealed out. The sound was high and rang out clearly over the sound of the falls.

The thin skin rippled at the soft, encouraging touch of the other’s nose on her shoulder. Elsa’s touch was cool against her hot skin, but warmth still spread from it and pooled in her barrel. It shocked Bellisma, she was never touched without expectation of the other for selfish things. Her green gaze warmed and brightened again, this time finding the other’s blue eyes- without a trace of anxiety or fear in them. Progress!

Gingerly, she rose to her feet as Elsa answered her question. She started at the compliment and the wink, but realized that she, too, felt quite delighted (and relieved) at having met Elsa. This mare was calm, but fiery. Encouraging, but not patronizing. She was exactly the friend the small, broken mare needed.

At her words of leaving, a shadow crossed over her face once more. It was mixture of alarm and dread at the thought of being alone in Helovia, without her new friend. But the shadows were once again chased away at her the inquiry and voiced expression of what Bellisma, herself, felt.

Cautiously, and quite unsure of herself, the golden pixie leaned warm body against Elsa’s cooler, white one. Her dwarfism let her wedge herself beneath the fluffy wing, whose silken feathers felt soothing against the welts on her coat. A smile tugged at her mouth once more, “I look forward to seeing you again,” the formality of the words was contrasted by the warmth that she spoke them with, “And soon.” Her bell-like voice vibrated against Elsa’s barrel.

The contact became too much, or too awkward, for Bellisma- for she was incredibly new at touches of friendship with mares (and not stallions with expectations)- so she slowly and regretfully moved away. But the loss of touch left her needing to voice her own elation at finding a friend, “Elsa-“ she paused, unfamiliar with expressing herself, “I’m very glad you found me at the Threshold,” the words were simple, but the warmth and sentiment beneath them gave them so much more meaning, “Thank you.”

“Perhaps I’d better go learn more of my own job, as well,” a rueful smile at the thought of her own injures to heal, and with one last warm- but laced with concern- look, she left her new friend.

ooc| Righto, sounds good! And no worries about the delay, you were busy fighting! :) Maybe Elsa can teach her a few moves later (for self defense, of course) :) @[Elsa]
-Frost