[OPEN] Nobody's Listening When We're Alone

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Under a falling sky
Hopeless, there's nowhere to hide
The terror is real this time

Weeks ago the striped stallion had receded into the depths of the forest, hiding away from the mongrels, the impure atrocities that littered the land and plagued it. They were foul creatures that deserved less than death; pain, torture, loss, desecration, then perhaps a slow death could follow... But as of late, they had massed together, whispering plans to destroy and end him, and that was when the brindled devil had taken refuge in the cover of the oppressive forest.

... Or, at least, that was what Crowley's mind had falsely concocted.

Talbot knew it was only the curse of the Moon that drove his master to near insanity, and though it was quite tiresome to watch over the stallion like a mother would a child, the hound knew he had little choice. It was his duty, after all, as if not for Crowley's selfless choice to take the curse upon himself, it was Talbot who would be carrying the weight of it instead, hiding and trembling like a terrified child in the middle of a forest, whispering conspiracies that were far from real just as Crowley was doing now.

"I'll just--... Cut their throat open," the brindle murmured as he stood between two trees and several thick ferns, one on either side of him as though they were his security and cover from the eyes of anything and everything else, "It would be easy. It would be so easy. So e a s y to make them b l e e d..." He tittered in ill-suppressed amusement. "I dare them to come..."

Here, his voice grew in octave, almost maniacal as he shouted upwards to the canopy that kept the forest enshrouded in darkness. "I fucking dare them!!

"Talk talk talk"

[For Crowley's curse, 'distorted reality: others will take his words/actions in the worst possible sense, he will see everyone as out to get him]

Under a falling sky
I'm under, I'm under
A falling sky

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She had to keep her breathing calm when she stepped into the dark woods again, had to ignore the deep groans that sent shivers up her spine. She was tentative in her footing, taking care not to step in any suspicious dips in the ground, or to veer too close to any clusters of vegetation that could easily swallow her up. Even though she was nearly at her full height, she was still a petite girl, her gangling form almost gone but still slightly evident in the way she moved, how her mane and tail weren't fully matured and how she yet to exude the scent of a fully matured woman. A snap of a twig underhoof caused a gasp to escape her lips, and with wide eyes she jerked back, looking for any source of danger that might try and come for her. Only when the coast was clear did she exhale, trying to rid herself of the shakes her body produced by the eerie feeling she had whenever she got near this place. At least she knew how to get home this time.

Before she knew it she was back in that desolate clearing, the pool with crimson rocks foreboding and chilling; the waters enticing yet scaring away any thirst she might have had before. Swallowing hard she tried to steady a shaky breath, hazel eyes filled with anxiety as she took in her surroundings warily once more. Last time, there had been someone here, something to hold her back from letting her still childish imagination run wild with horrific fantasies that might swallow her whole. Just as they began to spin a tale of true terror in the recesses of her mind, a shriek ripped through the dark trees, assaulting her delicate ears and causing her to nearly topple over. Looking around wildly she began to breathe heavily, panic taking over any logic as she wondered if she should just run. As far and as fast as she could just so she couldn't have to hear that awful yelling again. It had shocked her so much she hadn't even been able to register the words, only hear the maniacal tone that pierced through. It froze her on the spot, but she knew that it meant someone might be in trouble.

She had to help, she had to... even if everything in her screamed no. Surely there was someone who was asking for the help, needing to be saved from something that was chasing them. They needed someone, and though she wasn't very strong and still rather young, she couldn't just leave anyone vulnerable. That was the biggest crime in her book. And so she began to ran, jerkily at first because her limbs refused to cooperate, before breaking into a smoother lope that carried her swiftly towards the sound. She ignored the limbs that scratched her sides, that tugged at her delicate wings and caused minor holes to form that would heal with time, and only ran with ragged breath to whomever was reaching out. She broke through the brush and heaved for air, nearly falling over herself as she came to a stop right before a darker figure, shielding themselves away in a cluster of ferns. Looking up with a panicked expression she panted, searching for any wounds or someone who was causing harm, only to see it was just her and him.

After she managed to catch her breath, she let out breezily, "I-I'm sorry! I h-heard your scream and I... I came to help. Is everything alright sir?" She took a final breath, letting it exhale slowly through inky lips as she took a closer look at him, studying his shape and who he was calmly, before slowly taking in the sight of his companion. Its coloring was different from anything she had ever seen before, yellow stripes adorning its back over thick black fur. She paused, looking at the pup calmly before smiling softly, dipping her head in a friendly greeting before looking back to the man, speaking softer now that she felt any immediate danger wasn't present, "Your companion is very cute. Do they have a name?" Then she smiled wider, her usual cheer seeming to seep back into her now that she had found a talking point. It was a small one, nothing of much use, but it was an in, something to let this man know that she would be here, and she would help him with whatever he needed help with.

"Speech"

OOC: Hiya!
TAG: Crowley
WC: 752

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
We continue on from the mare with her magic, the stallion with his keen observations. Damaris trails behind. We're both still exhausted from our encounter with December, but the bit of normal conversation has lifted our shared mood considerably, and eased some of the confusion and turmoil we were suffering from. We continue through the vast forest, wandering for awhile before coming across - others. Of course there are others. How do I know? Well, a piercing scream rips through the air, that's how. I'm not really the rescuing type, so instead of plunging ahead as someone like Midas or Elsa might, I plod my way through the trees, going to investigate the sounds of death and destruction.

Stepping out from the darkness, I see a dark stallion figure, flanked by two impressive looking trees. Next to him a hellhound much like my own, though it appears more yellow than green. Before him there's a young spotted girl with... butterfly wings. Well that's more than my senses can handle right there - I've never seen butterfly wings before. I almost turn to walk away, the thought 'I can't life right now' passing through my mind.. but a whine from Damaris stops me, and I stay put. I stand behind the filly, not sure if either of them are aware of my presence. Damaris seems to sense something is wrong. (Duh it is, someone was screaming, and my guess is it wasn't Butterfly here.) She trots over to the other hellhound, tail wagging in greeting. Is now really the time to make friends?

'Yes.' Is the reply I get. I shrug and look back at the stallion and filly. If Damaris is making friends I suppose it would make this awkward for me to be here and say nothing. "Hi." That's all they need. That's all I'm giving. I get the sense that the two of them will do all the talking, Damaris will do all the diplomacy, and I can just stand here and let it play out like Anton Chekov.

WC: 339
Tag: @[Kaj]
Sorry, not that great. Damaris won't notice anymore unless Talbot engages :) THROUGH DOGSPEAK (whine, lick, wag, sniff)

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Under a falling sky
Hopeless, there's nowhere to hide
The terror is real this time

Talbot was the first to take note of the sound of another approaching, the hound lifting his head in the direction of the rustling, spaded tail growing rigid behind him. None had ever attempted harm to his master before, and he intended to keep it that way, especially with the curse slowly eating the stallion's mind away.

The said brindle gave a startled jerk as his companion stiffened, dark ears flicking towards the noise, the rest of his massive body whirling around to face the incoming beast. Long, blood-stained teeth ready to rip into him with the claws to match, and crazed, demonic eyes to pierce his soul and render him frozen in horror... Anybody else would calm instantly at seeing it was merely a young, gangly filly with butterfly wings, no less, but in Crowley's wide, white-rimmed molten gaze, he saw a monster come to steal his life away.

"Get away!!" Deep voice resonated through the thick of the forest, and giving little more thought, the stallion rises onto his haunches and strikes out at the demon, at the young girl, intending to strike her upon the head or wherever his hoof might land. Talbot gave a panicked bark at the filly just as the brindle rose, hoping that it might frighten her away and keep her from harm. It's not her fault, after all, and although she was a Pegasus, she was but a child. It's then that another hellhound steps out of the woodwork, causing a strange look of confusion to work itself upon the canine's face; it takes him but a moment to see that she had come along with a draft he doesn't recognize. A whine escapes him and he steps forward to try and push her away, not wanting his kin to become his master's next target.

[I'm so sorry this is so late ;___; I've only just found some time to sit!]

@[Myrrine]
@[Rostislav]

Under a falling sky
I'm under, I'm under
A falling sky