the Rift

[OPEN] Look at the sea all day.

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
Bellisma didn’t know what she was doing, where she was going, or why she was doing it. But there had been this smell… it was intoxicating. She had ventured to the edge of the Hidden Falls, where she had spent quite some time healing (both her mind and body). There was something so healing about water…

But then she had found herself wandering at the edges of her new herdlands. She had been bright and curious as a filly, but that had drastically changed once her family had lost the war. But perhaps this glimmer of venturesomeness was an echo of her foalhood shining through all the misery that had been her life.

So the little, golden mare had smelled a tangy, salty, somewhat sour, and entirely potent scent; and she followed her delicate nostrils on tiny legs. The sun beat down as she wound her way through the grassy dunes, her light body easily floating over the hot sand. This was similar to her desert home, though the addition of sea oats and salt grasses made it different enough that she continued on. If it had been exactly like her home, she surely would have turned back.

The new scar (more an old scab) twinged as she climbed the last large set of dunes, making her pause briefly. She didn’t want to reopen the delicate tissue and start bleeding again- though it appeared that wish was in vain. A thin trickle of crimson wound its way down her leg, and her bright green eyes narrowed in irritation. It seems she could go no where without leaking blood. She snorted, the sound comically petite and exasperated, and she continued her climb.

All vexation swiftly fled as she topped the sandy knoll. She froze, emerald eyes wide and framed by thick lashes. Her body was rigid with shock, her tuliped ears straining forward, and her nostrils flared open. A small, golden statue of Arabian breeding stood in incredulity at what stretched before her.

The wind hit against at her small frame, whipping and tugging her golden locks around her. But she stayed firmly rooted for long moments atop the dune. She had never seen anything like this before. She only knew of seas of sand, and small pools of water. An ocean of water?! It was incredible, and the tangy smell of seaweed, salt, and occasional rotting organic material was heavenly.

”Oh my,” the wind took the chiming words away from her lips and carried them to unknown ears. She wanted so badly to run to the water, to ensure that this wasn’t a mirage that so often plagued her old home. But she was torn. The playful waves that lapped up on shore and beckoned her were overruled by the angry crashing of breakers further out. Their fury of foam, white water, and violence held her rooted at the top of the hill.

But, in the end, the playfulness won her over, and- overwhelmed by the beauty that is the sea- she whinnied loudly as she leapt into a gallop towards the ocean. It was incredible to see her run, and somewhat terrifying, as she flew down the tall dune as a golden streak. She crashed into the water in a spray of salt and sand and neighed again, the bell like sound floating over the crashing surf.

Though the salt water stung her leg, it strangely soothed as it washed away some of the blood. She pranced through the shallow water, crystal droplets clinging to her legs and body, a golden sea sprite enjoying her first day at the beach.

ooc| @[Voodoo] Hi :) Sorry I didn't do this over the weekend! Sorry this is a boring post, I couldn't think of what else to have her do. But she's never been to the ocean, so that's kind of fun :)
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

VOODOO && OUIJA
There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,
making every promise empty, pointing every finger at me.

"No, no, no. Ugh, gross. Spit that out!" Ouija gnawed on what you can only place as a soggy dead fish that no longer had eyes or much of an actual shape. Your stomach twisted uncomfortably while she made loud smacking noises, completely satisfied with the salty and gooey creature. 'You try?' "No, I'm okay." Her big eyes looked up at you, full of sarcasm and a hint of rebellion as she continued chomping away. A bone broke somewhere in the pile of scales and slime, and this time you could actually feel your entire body tingle in disgust. Is this what it felt like to be sick?

Sensitive nostrils fluttered as you blow out a nauseous breath, but while you inhaled, you caught something else.. a woman, from the forest? Unsure and somewhat nervous, you turn your long skull over your shoulder just in time to see a small body thunder down the tall dunes and toward the lulling waves. Your jaw tightens as her body hits the water, a white spray cast into the briny air and a squeal (of what you could only imagine was joy) rolls down the beach. Even though she was extremely preoccupied, a vision of the stranger directed to Ouija, who instantly became excited. She dropped the remains of the fish from her small jaws, jumping up to all four small tanned feet, and sprinting toward the golden lady in the water all before you could even look down at your bonded and smile.

"Oh no-" the words fell on deaf ears as the snow fox tossed sand back at you with small black padded feet. "Ouija?!" a plea hidden inside of a command, your gravely voice effecting her in the smallest. The kit yipped playfully, her toasted-marshmallow like coat standing out against the damp sand while she attempted to run along the shore with the stranger. For a moment you aren't quite sure what to do, but the options are: 1. To chase after the unruly teenage fox, and 2. to let her play for a minutes before she gets bored and returns.. but that also leaves that she may be kicked, bit, or simply scared off by the woman. We all laugh in your skull, no one offering a third choice or even a bad joke, but simply waiting for you to make up your mind.

Flaky hooves tossed large scoops of dry white sand as your long legs propel forward, red rimmed ears turned back against thick, curly hair. Uncertain steps turn your body into a lopsided canter until you reached the already panting fox. "Oui, stop that!" you snap, emotionless eyes narrowing at your careless bonded who had finally stopped once she realized you were on your way over. "I- I'm sorry." you call toward the golden woman. Shyly, you peer out from behind coiled forelock at the beautiful mare, water tracing the delicate shape of her body. Your throat tightens uncomfortably and you want to clear your throat, but you can't find the nerve to do so just yet.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
Don't worry about it hun, I know we all get busy. <3
@[Bellisma]

image credits
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Adoptable
Bellisma
The glare from the sun reflecting off the water blinded the eyes even more than the sun on the sand from her home. So the dancing little mare was caught completely off guard by the little tan creature. She seemed to be caught off guard quite a lot here in Helovia. Perhaps because you always knew when someone was coming while be chained in a cage, so she didn’t need to be that aware of her surroundings before her escape.

Though startled to stillness by the fox, it was not until she caught sight of the approaching large stallion that she began to panic. Motivated to move by fear, she glanced around in fright, looking for an escape. Any attempt back to shore could be cut off by the stud, so she turned and lept further into the seas, up to her chest, before realizing through her panic that this may not be the best escape plan. Yes, she could swim, but something in her survival mind told her that other dangers lurked in the deeper waters.

So instead of swimming out to sea, she turned to face the stallion, ears flickering with wariness and green eyes crinkled with mistrust. The waves gently rolled around her body, causing her tail to ebb and flow around her tiny, sculpted haunches.

The distance between herself and the stud allowed her mind to shake largely free from her crippling panic. The apology called across the water also greatly helped her release some of her fear. And considerably surprised her, had a stallion ever apologized to her? Not in her working memory. Though how much had she blocked out? She wasn’t sure.

”O-ouija?" her small lips sounds around the unfamiliar word once the terror released her vocal cords. The little fox was like the fennec foxes of her home... But larger. She shifts in the water, responding to the sting the salt had on her now openly bleed leg beneath the clear surface. ”It’s- it’s okay,” she speaks quietly, timid bells carried by the onshore breeze to the stallion.

Her emerald gaze, embolden by the distance and the water (which would surely slow down any aggressive action towards her, so that she could flee), bounced nervously to his face and body. Yes, the roaned stud was larger than she (who wasn’t?), but he was not the bulky build. Which meant he could run quickly, though needed more force to impart the destructive blows she was used to. She felt confident that she could escape this encounter with minimal injuries, provided the scar on her leg didn’t hinder her speed.

He training (or forceful conditioning) kicked in, and- almost reluctantly- she asked, ”How may I assist you, sir?” Though she no longer stumbled over words, her voice was sad and still quiet, almost like church bells tolling at a funeral. Though she embraced and loved her newfound freedom, she didn’t know how to interact with others. Everything before now had been scripted, or controlled by others. What to do without a part to play? How to use this freewill around another? A stallion, no less? She just wasn’t sure.

ooc| @[Voodoo] I typed this up last night, but never posted it? Too much green beer on St. Patty's I guess :P hehe

-Frost

VOODOO && OUIJA

Having always been considered harmless and even weak, you could only assume that Ouija's bark was what startled the slender woman even further into the ocean. Expressionless eyes failed to pick out the fear and distress in her jade eyes from the distance, but the tension in her body could have rolled up the beach along with the waves. Silently you scolded the young companion, upset that she had finally (according to your perception of the scene) taken her shenanigans too far. 'I not mean to! Just want to plaayy.' she half-whined, trying to slide out of under your glare. There was only enough time to flip your ears back at her before the woman repeated the fox's name.

"O-ouija?" Deep, wine colored eyes reach back up to the stranger, ears arching forward as you listen for another soft word before it could be lost beneath the roll of salty water. Her weight shifts, the soothing blue that surrounded her torso suddenly tinged with a soft, diluted red. "It's- it's okay." Another short, breathy response that is barely audible over the tide. Do you nod.. apologize again... or just keep staring? The only thing you can ever do: you stare back, watching the pink filter out in the expanse of water before more is able to trickle up.

"How may I assist you, sir?" Finally, we have an opportunity to ruin this for you, just a little more. 'I could name off a few things!' one of us shouts, saliva dripping off of cracked lips that you've imaged over the years. Like crazed hyenas, we rumble in your head, making it even more difficult for you to think straight. It takes a few seconds for the mare's words to really register before you slowly shake your head, left ear turning back while the right stays cocked forward. "Uhm.. N-no, I'm sorry." you pause briefly, finally able to swallow hard. What does she mean by that?

Thick tail arches, the long curls playing in the gentle breeze, and a small wave ripples further up the beach, sweeping around your front feet. Once more, the blood catches your eye. "Are you alright?" You call out against the wind, concern laced in your voice. The sun-tanned kit shifts at your feet, wrapping around your left fore and allowing her tail to curl around your ankle. Gentle she leans into your leg, still warming up to you for forgiveness; she'll win you over sooner or later, she does every time.

Hahah, lucky! I came home after work and went to bed, :s
@[Bellisma]

image credits
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Adoptable
Bellisma
Ears perk forward to catch the voice of the fox, realizing that she was just a pup. A stallion with a young animal? “She’s just a kit?” the surprise pulled the words loudly out from her small lips, since when did males nurture anything? They were destructive, harmful machines. Weren’t they?

Again, Bellisma’s mouth had opened and spoken without consulting her mind. She truly needed to regain control of it. The lack of constant, oppressing fear had turned her tongue free, and she found it to be full of questions. Questions got you beat, hurt, or worse: unwanted attention. At least, questions used to.

Sharp, large jade eyes realize the stallion’s pauses and stutters as similar to her own. This was entirely new, a man unsure of himself… well let’s just say men were always sure of what they wanted around Bellisma. Perked ears vaguely caught the sound of a hard swallow- which reminded her of a lost memory… A young male who had brought her poultice for her leg when her master had first placed the chains on her. The adolescent had swallowed hard when she had smiled her thanks. That young man had showed her kindness. Though he had returned a few years later without kindness and with quite a sexual appetite.

But the golden pixie associated the uncertainty with kindness. ‘Are you alright?’ Again, the tall, lanky stud surprised her. She glanced around her and seeing the pink tinge in the water brought her attention to her leg’s sharp stinging. From experience, Bell could endure deep aching pains (like those of a broken rib or fractured shoulder) but it was the stinging pains that made her nose sting and bothered her greatly. She realized the healing of the sea had worn off and it was time to leave the water… but this unknown stallion was so near.

So, motivated to move by pain, her green eyes solidly connected with his deep maroon ones, almost as if to anchor him in place as she slowly moved out of the water. The movement sent more red swirling in eddies around her thin legs, but she paid it no mind. Her gaze- intense from nerves and unease- drilled into his, “I think I’m fine,” indeed she had had worse, “It’s just a cut from…” her voice trails off as her small black hooves reach the ebbing of the tide.

She had kept a comfortable distance, somewhat awkward for talking at two horse lengths, but it allowed some of the tension to leave her petite body and kept her from fleeing. Only once situated with her tail away from the stallion, did she break her gaze and look to her back leg. “…a cut from before. From a chain,” her voice, which had become stronger, again faded to quiet chimes. “I thought the-” she paused, unsure of the name for this vast water, “well, I thought this ‘water’ might help.” Her words imply that she has no name for the sea.

The harsh sun and warm breeze were already making quick work of drying her thin golden coat. It also had the added benefit of drying the rivulets of blood and forming an irregular scab over the freshly opened scar. Turning back to the dark stallion, she decided to stay, though uncertainty kept her shifting on her hooves. Incredulity crosses her pretty face as the little cub winds around his his large hooves. Though they were flaking, they certainly would impart damaging blows to the kit. “She’s yours?” Surprise once again yanks a question from her mouth, her voice loud and firm once again.

Finally, she realized her rudeness- and rudeness got you hit, “I am so sorry. I am Bellisma,” the bells tinkle once more.

ooc| @[Voodoo] Phew! This post grew a lot longer than I expected!
-Frost

VOODOO && OUIJA

Jade eyes lock onto the curious fox, and her question makes your lips pull into a small, shy smile. "Uh huh." you murmur and nod once, glancing down at the bonded child just before she is able to curl around your ankle. You stammer once more, asking the woman if she was alright after once again seeing the blood seep into the salty water. She arches her dainty neck, glancing around as if she had no idea what you were referring to. “I think I’m fine,” those emerald eyes find themselves transfixed on you just one last time and refuse to let go for what feels like an eternity. Cautiously she made her way out of the water, eyes locked on you like that of a small cottontail's locked onto the stocking wolf. “It’s just a cut from… a cut from before. From a chain-"

A chain? Your jaws click uncomfortably behind closed vermilion lips, matching, dull eyes unsure if you could look away or not. The mare takes another second to explain why she was in the 'water' - as she puts it - in the first place, but again you're unsure of why she's explaining herself. Something familiar haunts the tense woman, but you can't place what it is; fear, yes, but of what? "A-" you pause gruffly, eyes squinting as if you had heard her wrong, "chain?" Was she a warrior?

Finally, she breaks her direct stare (even though she had twice before, but you couldn't help but stare back in fear of an unexpected move) and looks down at Ouija again. "She's yours?" You look down as well to watch the fox's large, oily eyes peer up at the mare, her dark lips parting to show the bottom row of her pearly little teeth. "Eh, yeah.. This's Ouija." you shift, pressing your weight evenly onto the bleached sand below. "She's really curious.. I-I'm sorry."

Suddenly it seems to dawn on the woman that besides this, there hadn't been an exchange of names. “I am so sorry. I am Bellisma,” 'Bellisma?' we roll the word - or name, rather - around on our dry tongues, clicking our chipped nails together at the same time. One of us pronounces it "Belleezma" and gets something thrown in their direction, causing a rumble of distracting laughter to begin in your skull. Somehow though, you are able to focus enough to respond. "Voodoo," the name ends abruptly and you're not sure if you were going to add onto it or not, so you decide to keep it short and sweet. But still, something about the crusting blood deeply bothers you. "How'd a chain do that?" you murmur, shaking Ouija off of your leg to take a careful step toward the woman.

So, so sorry I took so long to reply, my work schedule got all mixed up the past few days. ;-; Also, just thought I'd let you know that only the bonded character can hear their companion, but it's no big deal for right now. <3
@[Bellisma]

image credits
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Adoptable
Bellisma
She returns her gaze to the stallion’s face, but her eyes are on his lips as he speaks. Though they were the color of old blood, the voice coming from them was a pleasant baritone, somewhat soothing her shifting. The wet sand beneath her tiny onyx ovals settles, no longer the muddy quicksand it is wont to become. He repeats parts of her words, as a question, and she realizes her mistake of candid honesty. Her darned tongue!

Ears, trained on the dark stud, flick nervously to Ouija as she reveals her pearly whites. Granted, the kit was small, and the motion should have been adorable, but Bellisma had known one other stallion to keep wolves. And when their teeth were shown it was not adorable, but a warning. She had seen the damage such teeth could impart- luckily not on herself.

But the little fox was endearing, and Bellisma was a mare (and therefore not immune the the cuteness); so a smile whispers onto her face as she looks at the tan pup. Per usual, Bell’s smile lit her lovely features, erasing the worry and sending fear to the backs of her eyes. If only she could hold onto a smile for more than a few, fleeting moments!

Alas, the smile vanishes as her attention shifts razor sharp to Voodoo’s extending, long leg. The cautious movement was slow and clearly nonthreatening, but still turned her small frame into a gold statue. Though, strangely, she did not flee. Her eyes were wide, but her voice came out quaking and loud, “It’s alright, Voodoo,” again she repeats her acceptance of his faltering apology.

A deep breath expands her thin ribcage, leaving her sculpted nostrils slowly as she eases some of the tension out of her frame. Her haunches are still taunt, but her neck- at least- is relaxed now. She then realizes that, in her fear, she had addressed the stallion by his given name without permission! Fear again darts across her face, “I-I apologize! I may call you Voodoo?” Panic sends the bells chiming at a higher soprano. “Or is it ‘Sir’, ‘Esquire’, ‘Master’…?” The high bells trail off in a question.

She had avoided his question, but now felt the need to answer it as she had potentially insulted him with her faux pas. Her eyes avert to the wet, wavy sand, and the bells tinkle quietly again, “There was a-a chain— my master, old master, kept me-” she broke off her halting explanation. Her gaze, pleading for freedom from explaining her story, flits around. It bounces on his sinewy body, skates across his face, and lands on Ouija- of all things.

She continues, bells twinkling to the little fox, “He wished to keep me from running,” a sad breath, “And it stayed when I ran into this Helovia,” the word still sounds foreign on her tongue- but in a good way. She liked the mouthful of four syllables. “So it cut my leg- I’m alright, though. There’s been worse-” she broke off again, recognizing her mistake of unexpected honesty. Oversharing might get her pity, and she had seen that in the eyes of a few beautiful mares visiting her master. She didn’t mind pity, truly. As long as it didn't anger master- which it often did.

She sighs softly, “It’s gone now. I’m just waiting for the scar to heal,” she states the obvious. She glances through her thick lashes up to his dark wine eyes. Apprehension is evident on her face, but also a sparkle of curiosity shines through the jade gaze. How would this stud respond to her story? His eyes calmed her momentarily, much like wine their color mimicked.

ooc| Oops! Sorry about that. Also, sorry this post took a while. And it’s a bit of a mess lol. @[Voodoo]
-Frost

As the two of you spoke, the water continued to rise and random waves washed much further up the beach than the last. You raise your right fore, the fox unraveling from your body and quickly trotting away from the approaching wave; it is only deep enough to wet your weathered hooves, but the young snow fox keeps her distance. Rummy nose reaches out to sniff at the freshly opened wound that decorates the golden woman's otherwise clean coat, but you can feel (and see) the tension coarse through her body as you draw closer to her light flesh. Unsure and embarrassed, you pull away swiftly and in time to listen to the stranger who now has a name become confused over your own. The panic flits in her small voice as she questions whether or not to call you by your name.. or by a calling.

You straighten yourself, raising your long skull back into the air. Just as baffled as you had been before, you shake your head slowly, discolored snout bobbing back and forth. "J-just Voodoo, Bellisma?" you murmur, matching ears turning in opposite directions on either side of your head as you watch the woman. Ouija spots a sand bird fluttering in and out of the dune grass and her brain is immediately switched from "I want attention" to "I want food", and she sneaks away toward a makeshift trail in the grass to stock her prey. Used to her wandering, you wouldn't have noticed her exit if it weren't for that blood-thirsty rumble in her stomach that was mentally passed onto you. The idea of bird bones crunching as she snacked made your stomach twist, but not as badly as the explanation of the wound that comes from the foreign lady.

“There was a-a chain— my master, old master, kept me-” 'Master-' we repeated the word, our mouths filling with hot saliva while we crave the word that we once felt was so close and dear to our cold hearts. Hot nails curled and pressed into the soft palms of our scaly hands, the jagged edges stabbing the flesh hard enough to draw dark blood and make us shiver with excitement. As hard as it is to listen, you let Bellisma finish, the confusion that had played on your face replaced with a deep empathy that failed to reach your lifeless eyes. “It’s gone now. I’m just waiting for the scar to heal."

"I'm so sorry." Your voice is distant while you try to avoid imagining the woman being held hostage in a dingy cave, but somehow it comes out clear and without a stutter. Glossy eyes flit down to the healing wound again, and even though the blood is no longer seeping as quickly from her body as it had been in the ocean, you still can't help but stare. In a horrible effort to comfort the stranger, you drop your snout to the wound again, eyes trying to meet her own for a moment to reassure her that you weren't pressing any boundaries.

Finally, faux lips are tainted with actual blood, the thin, tiny line appearing shockingly bright on the dull color that stays printed on your face. Your nostrils flutter as you draw in the scent, the ware of metal clear to your over-sensitive nasal passage, but whether you're gathering the copper tinged scent of blood or actual metal isn't clear in your mind; you haven't ever directly sniffed anyone's armor or, in this case, source of confinement. You only touch skin to skin for a few seconds when suddenly your own back left leg is burning and you swear you can feel the salt eating away at your own limb. Startled, you pull away from Bellisma, ears falling back onto wild black curls and brows furrowing. Blood begins to drip from a new slit just below your hock, the thick liquid beading and rolling slowly, easily missed as it tries to blend with the dark color of your hide.

A stiff breath catches in your throat. Just as puzzled as you, we watch through our foggy windows, not sure what to do or say until one of us finally speaks up. 'You... you're magic?' A silence lingered in your skull. Nearly ten seconds passes before you can look back at Bellisma's leg: the blood has stopped and the open wound has instead been replaced with a healed scar, the small area that you made contact with looking more aged than the rest of the white dashes that sprinkled her leg. "Did you see that?" The words are but a whisper, easily missed over the calm waves that still reach higher and higher, eating away at the white beach.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices.'
Permission to heal by Smitty! <3
@[Bellisma]

Image by Nicole-Studios @ DA
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Adoptable
Bellisma
“Then it’s a pleasure to meet you, Voodoo,” ingrained manners make the words sound flat, but the brightness in her face contradicted the sound. Perhaps it was relief at not angering the man that put her face at ease, but it was a step in the right direction.

Bellisma’s eyes follow Ouija unseeingly as the fox trots off towards the movement of birds in dunes. Instead the sight of understanding- of empathy- on Voodoo’s face plays in her mind’s eye. Tulips ears flicker at yet another apology, but this one was not for anything he had done. It was an acknowledgment of her unfortunate life.

But! Enough dwelling on the past! She was free now! The only remnants of her prison were the scars on her leg, mind, and open cut. The first two took time, and the last— the last was being closely inspected by the nose the same color as her new scab.

Returning to the present, Bell’s body- which had relaxed briefly- once again became tight. Though her muscles were not taunt to run; she was immobile in anticipation of the nearness of his tall, warm body. This nearness never ended well for the mare (though usually did for the stallion, barring performance anxieties). And when they were this close… well there was no point in running.

Holding her breath, her eyes were openly staring once again at Voodoo. As his own warm breath washed over her scarred leg, she let out a surprised puff of air. The humid air from his nose felt… it felt pleasant.

Her breathing increased, in response to such a foreign, gentle touch. Her heart, which had been pounding against the lack of oxygen, leapt into a staccato. Anxiety pulled breathy words from her lips, “You’ve nothing to apologize for, Voodoo.”

A ripple turns her coat to liquid gold as the velveteen muzzle touches her skin for a brief moment, “And I’m sure it’s nearly healed-” the anxious, airy words were cut short at the dark stallion’s sudden movement. She starts, but stays in place, looking up at his dark face as she is rather dwarfed by his proximity.

Her golden flank has become speckled with dark copper as apprehension brings sweat to her hide. Or was it from the odd sensation that spread from her leg once Voodoo has brushed his nose against her? Indeed, her leg still tingled, but the sting from the salty cut was gone.

Delicate ears, already trained on him, barely pick up his whisper. She glances nervously at her leg, then whips her head to stare at him once she sees the healed scar. “Did you- did you mean to do that? You have magic?” finally the pretty bells chime loudly, amazement and wonder evident in her tone and face.

“I mean- I don’t mean to be ungrateful-” these words come out in a rush “What I mean to say is, thank you,” the chimes hush somewhat, but the gratitude makes them throaty, “That’s the kindest thing a stallion has done to me.” The clarity in her eyes makes this admission believable, and her face is once again glimmering with beauty now that the shadow of fear and anxiety has left it.

She smiles again, lighting her face. Alas, it falters instantly as the smell of more blood spirals into her nose. She had noticed the bright red against the merlot of his muzzle, but this came from elsewhere. Nostrils flare as her gaze rolls over his tall body, “Are you bleeding, now?” Her inspection had missed the cut in his inky, long legs.

Concern- concern over a stallion, no less- etches into her face. The absurdity of this entire situation then hits her, and a quiet giggle builds in her thin barrel and escapes her tiny muzzle. And the sliver of her blood on the stallions nose adds to her hilarity- perhaps it is an after effect of his healing magic. Whatever the case, Bell’s laugh tintinnabulated infectiously over the crashing surf. She couldn’t remember the last time she laughed with a stallion near. Regardless, the rare sound was lovely.

“Also, you’ve some of my-” the words break through the laugh, “You’ve some blood. On your nose.” She manages to contain the laugh to quiet giggles as she gazes gratefully at Voodoo.

ooc| Yes, I thesaurused the word tintinnabulate and I LOVE it. Hehe ;) I got tired of ‘chime’, ‘tinkle’ and ‘bell.’
And this got so much longer than expected! The way you write Voodoo just makes me want to keep typing, haha :)
@[Voodoo]
-Frost

Ooc: I will be getting to this within the next couple of days, my muse just ran dry after a couple of other responses. Sorry this is taking so long Smitty!

This'll be deleted after I reply, just wanted to save it from archs. <3
IS IN YOUR HEAD