the Rift

Secret sadness (Cera)(Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Days passed quietly, the air cooling from bitter heat that had been so wrathful in taking over the land. His watch station permitting a hint of boredom; political rumors of stolen equines and other sorts lingered among his area. But alas, he took little notice to such; the lad wasn’t one to pass time within the heart of politics, and instead he took pleasure in working to protect the land that had once been sorely won. Night had fallen over him, presenting thousands upon thousands of untouchable stars to glitter toward a savage hilt. A sliced slender moon helped guide footfalls tonight; the goddess remained mostly hidden, but she was awake enough to provide a meager shadow across the dusty desert floor.

Midas walked along the ridges of his homeland, neck didn’t bother to arch nor body attempt at graceful step. He was simply existing, mind absent thought; for fear that sadness born from a heart of weak moment would rob his rightful attention. A soft sigh trembled forth, feathers hung loosely at his sides as if he couldn’t be bothered with the energy required for tucking them neatly across. Not a single soul could be seen, so for once he was lost in an unbent silence that only the soft hoot of a desert owl broke.

Softly he prayed to the one true father as he so often did, “My lord,” as gentle as the wind on a spring day he whispered, “Your child grows weary with unshed grief,” sorrow clenching his throat tightly, the ebony painted stud paused under a pale overhang with skull lowering submissively, “Will this heart ever find rest?”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
A small squeal startled from the throat of a young colt as he tripped on his long gangly legs for the hundredth time that day, caramel brown wings flapping furiously to help right him. Cera was confident in his walking abilities, as every equine was, but his legs seemed endless and confusing on the best of days. He would grow to be quite tall, but for now he would have to suffer through days of tripping and awkwardness. Emerald eyes took in the land he'd been roaming for quite a while. The pegasi had not quite approached him, but they also let him be. He had become a fixture in the herd without quite meaning to. Through the darkness, he spied a lumbering pegasus, wings and head hung low as though holding the world upon his shoulders.

Cera was hit with mixed feelings upon beholding such a sight. His sweet nature made it difficult for him to see others in pain, yet he was overjoyed to find company in the otherwise silent place. Giving a soft whinny of delight he set out to follow the older pegasus, gangly legs extending into a quick trot. Feathers rustling as he successfully avoided tripping in the darkness, keeping himself away from the tricky parts with small pushes. Flight was a foreign subject to him, and he only used his wings for balance. "Mister, Mister!" calling out to hopefully alert his presence to the unknown pegasus. Ears pricked and neck arched, Cera sprung towards him with innocent glee. As he landed he faltered once again, quickly recovering and approaching what he now saw was a male. "You look so sad! I help?" in his glee nearly bouncing where he stood, green eyes bright with hope. "You alone?" glancing around for possible company. Finding none he turned his gaze once again to the taller pegasus. "Why?"
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Had attention not been diverted by prayer, pitiful thinking and the like; he might have plucked a tender essence that signaled the approach of another. Alas. Familiar herd smells weren’t on his agenda of top priorities—in fact, minus wallowing in self-pity, nothing was on his agenda. A careless step taken, body pushed out of shadows to continue his boring evening. Little did the golden brute know, his evening patrol was about to get an interesting interruption. Velvet ears twitched back as soft, ‘pad, pad,’ feet and feathers combined, Midas paused with head twisting round, "Mister, Mister!" A bundle of awkward flesh stumbled toward him, "You look so sad! I help?"

A breath and then more words fell from the bright eyed bundle; before Midas could even think to part jaws and give response, “A clan colt,”he realized. The golden stud turned fully with an amused smile already starting to twist lips in an upward trend as the little patrol continued to speak, "You alone?" smallish cranium twisted round on either side, "Why?" he questioned. Half snorting Midas uttered gently, “It’s my duty to patrol the boarder,” head tilted down to seek eye leveled attention, “This job usually means being a little alone,” locking eyes with the spunky foal he added with a hint of firmness creeping in tone, “As it is your duty to be asleep during this late hour.”

Head rose, gaze trailed the distance around them, nostrils widened with judging inhale. He almost expected the dame or sire to pop out any minute and lay claim; when none could be seen or tasted upon the wind Midas turned back to his little herdmate, a question furrowing his brow. The lad was too young to travel alone, but old enough by appearance to be weaned from tit. Softly but with serious lacing Midas asked, “Where are your parents?” Gone was his worried thinking. The lad now had something to appease his mind from troubled thoughts—at least for a short while.

The golden colt didn't pause to think that perhaps the elder had been doing something of importance, only consumed by the need to finally gain a friend in this rather lonely place that he had found himself a part of. Feeling a small twinge of guilt, an emotion he did not know much of when the brute looked startled at his bumbling appearance. Yet, when he finally spoke through Cera's babbling assault of words and questions, his voice was gentle. Thrilled to find someone so kind, who spared more than a glance his way, Cera's wings fluttered nearly as quickly as his heart. What an important job! To patrol the boarders! Cera didn't quite understand but it sounded like a very important position to hold. Jade eyes went wide with wonder at such a thing, as his life only held wandering and loneliness. Playing with the creatures he discovered and hoping for a day like this to appear.

The taller male leaned down to meet his eyes, and Cera had seen such strange things already that he wasn't bothered at all by the color. In fact, his eyes were kind, almost amused. A small pout drew forth on the caramel colt's lips, wings dropping slightly as he softly but firmly reminded him that at this time he should be sleeping. "But I not tired! I like too see the stars!" Trying his best to form a correct sentence, wanting to prove that he too could be mature. Despite trying to keep a serious face, his olive eyes were glowing with happiness and his wings soon lifted again from their dejected state. Kind eyes no longer met his, and instead scanned the horizon around them. Cera looked around as well, not understanding what the brute was looking for. Was this part of patrolling the border, he wondered? When at last he looked back at Cera, the little colt's heart fell at the mention of parents. Looking down at the dirt and scuffing it with his hoof. "I no have any. I no remember them, I always alone. I supposed to have parents?" Looking back up curiously. Cera only remembered a few snippets of his mother, mostly of her leaving and him trying to find her for days on end. But they were fuzzy and old, like a torn photograph that was slowly dissolving more with each passing day.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
"But I not tired! I like too see the stars!"

The lad was a typical child, Midas shook head while resisting a smile; he thought no less of this. Exploration of lands past the point of rules was to be expected from children of such young age. Direction was the responsibility of parents and guardians. Orbs narrowed as the boy glanced earthward and stirred dust, concern fluttering his resolve, “I no have any. I no remember them, I always alone. I supposed to have parents?"

His first thought in response to this was, “How could a child this young be all alone?”

Head lowered again, mind was spinning with ponders. Among the tangled mess of thinking was the fevered prayer he had just sent forth to his patron lord. Was this boy his answer to an unanswerable question? Muzzle drew closer until the heat of exhale could easily be felt upon the darkened skull, “Yes, we all have parents,” he said quietly, heart tightened when he gazed in the pureness of softened green orbs.

"They look after their children, provide and protect them."

The child’s color trailed from memory, it was different, but the expression of a former individual was nearly alike. He couldn’t. Wouldn’t. Leave this lad alone to face the Throat solo, far too many dangers existed this close to the boarders, “What is your name?” he asked the same gentle tone.

Table, drawing by Alex. Avatar. Image on DA.

Such a strange creature, yet so gentle in the eyes. Cera had little social interaction as of yet, but the winged beast was patient and caring. Briefly, as all thoughts were for the youngling at this age, Cera wondered if this was how 'parents' were supposed to be. The word was so foreign to him, but happiness and curiosity had replaced the small moment of query.

So close, yet Cera felt no urge of awkwardness or anxiety. It was gentle, the breath on his face, and the eyes set in darkness were fathomless. Yet, they were thankfully not intimidating in the least. "Yes, we all have parents." Cera held onto every word as if it were said from the very gods, wonder and complete trust in his face. "They do?" Voice a soft, awed whisper, as if it was a secret just between the two of them.

"I Cera! Who're you?" Front hooves lifting in a joyous hop, youthful energy ignoring the time of night in favor of further exploration in this new world. A world this kindly soul was opening up with such simple words! How this could be Cera didn't know, yet already he was glad he'd gone exploring this night. That luck had smiled down on him and given him this companion, hopefully one that would stay. The need for the stranger to remain was a new feeling, but Cera was lonely. Reaching up his sinewy neck to gently touch noses with the stranger, a goofy smile on his lips.
Image by Alex

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
[[so glad you're using this! You cam get rid of the top line of text that says it's by me though silly. :P]]
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

[[Just wanted to credit you :3 but if it's okay then I will~ haha]]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
"They do?"

Midas had only smiled and nodded at this, he was a little taken back by the honest curiosity of this lad. It was as if the child had never experienced a mother’s love, or felt the loyalty that only a families bond could bring. What could have happened to put such a sweet foal in this situation? Heart softened with each moment that passed between them, even if some of the time was filled with them merely regarding each other. The child answered quickly and without hesitation, "I Cera! Who're you?" eyes followed the bounding movements of his new little friend.

“Midas,” he murmured. Cera. Skull rose with eyes trailing the desert. It would be a few hours before his shift came to an end, “I can’t leave you here alone,” he uttered mostly to himself—brows furrowed with thought, but then relaxed as solution became clear. Features turned to glance back at the child, “Why don’t you walk with me awhile?” Mind made itself up, despite what heart screamed in warning, “Then we can head home.” He put weight on the word we, not wanting the colt to believe that he wasn’t entirely available for as long as was needed. Midas would be there for this youth for as long as he was needed.

A nod was the only answer to his awed question, but it sated the curiosity bubbling like an unstoppable stream in his body. The air was cool as it tousled his mane, wings drawing closer to keep the heat trying to escape near his body. What movement had ignored was now seeping back in as he stood- mostly at least- still. "Midas." The soft voice brought back his already wandering mind, and Cera nearly glowed with excitement at discovering his name. Gold eyes left Cera's, and cast yet another glance around. This was the second time Midas had done this, and yet with two different expressions. Cera glanced around, confused, searching for what Midas could possibly be so interested in. Finding nothing, he dismissed it easily and focused once more as Midas spoke.

Midas invited him along, and Cera ruffled his wings in delight, barely able to keep still. To be able to go along, when Cera had thought that Midas was doing an important job, made the young colt feel infinitely more important. "Okay! Then home!" Happiness pouring out of every inch of him. He had subconsciously recognized the 'we' in that sentence, and so stepped a little closer with a funny hopping step, craning his neck to touch the dark cheek nearest to him. Cera had a simple desire to touch him, assure that he was there. And even to simply be playful, ready for Midas to lead them on. Looking momentarily unsure. "You no leave me?"

Image by Alex
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Perhaps, just perhaps, this was his god’s way of curing an impossible wound. He could scarcely believe just how such a thing could be. Yet, here he was. Walking through the desert with an orphaned foal; his mind was lost in quiet thought. Midas glanced down at the youth. The sweet foal that skipped/walked at his shoulder looked nothing like his predecessor. Creamy chocolate pelt and snow kissed markings were striking, yet, nothing of the color or texture of the one he had lost. The personality was different as well.

Hope knotted a tight cord around his heart. To offer his life to another, without second thought. It was so sudden; but then again—such was the way of life.

"You no leave me?"

Cera spoke up again, hesitant and in need of reassurance, warmed muzzle pressed along his neck. The innocent motion triggered an instinctive reflex that lowered skull to better offer answer; blowing out gently upon his little friends forelock Midas paused movement and replied softly, “No, little one—I will not leave you.” His heart warmed instantly. Was this his chance for atonement?

Smiling a little, he nudged Cera forward with the butt of his snout against shortened baby mane. With a lightened tone he said, “Let’s get moving, wouldn’t want a stray rouge getting past us, eh?” Giving Cera something to focus on would be constructive for them both in this moment. Plus, there was no time, when teaching was not a good thing. Forelimbs struck sand and sunk a little as he started out at an easy trot for himself, but the pace would be much quicker for Ceras shorter legs. Reason being, he hoped to burn off a little of that pent up energy the child seemed to have before they wrapped up for the night.

OOC: Wanna call this closed and maybe start another elsewhere? <'3? Oh, and have you decided if Midas was actually going to adopt Cera?