[OPEN] these journeys, neverending

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things

The little faerie mare was always enthusiastic about starting new adventures, but as she descended from the strange blue landscape of the Veins Aisling could have positively burst with excitement. All her life she had lived on the stories of fierce warriors and brave maidens who crossed over earth and through hell on some noble quest. And now she had a quest! An actual, measureable quest from a god! And not just any god, but the one who was they very light of this world. Light! Aisling had always loved the light, in whatever form it took, and was now on a path to harness it.

She was enamored by the idea that she might soon have magic of her own, and the power to use her songs to make others see! Songs were her favorite way to tell stories, but she had never before dreamed that they might have the chance to show as well tell, and all she had to do was talk to others? The little mare was very much a social creature and the prospect of encountering five individuals did not phase her at all. Emotions, she thought those would be easy to get a handle on too, though she may have been underestimating her task. As much experience as she had with the pleasant side of that spectrum, she was strangely lacking in the negative, and (though she did not understand it now) she would have to come to appreciate more than just the joys of the heart in order to complete her task.

The little white creature hummed as she pranced through the trees, already thinking of the song to the Sun God that would be the ultimate culmination of her venture. Always eager to explore new places, she unknowingly neared the border of the Falls. She had passed near this area when she first met Kvothe, but upon meeting her new troupe leader she had traveled to the west of Helovia and had passed the northern sector completely. The heat of the summer sunshine was strong though the filtering leaves of the trees, but the mare danced happily in and out of the patches of sunlight. She would meet someone soon or she would not, either way she would always dance.

”talk talk talk
Tags: @[Laedere]
Note: Thread #1 for Ais's quest for illusion magic! She's sill outside the borders yet, technically in the forest of the threshold, but moving toward the Falls (in a very friendly non-threatening way!)
Table style by Tamme!
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

Aye. Laedere was still struggling to understand this floating dolphin. Ardere was interesting, in a sense, but she also couldn't quite figure out why she could feel these emotions that seemed to run through all of their veins. Ardere still moved around, doing somersaults in the air and attempting to lighten the mood as little as the tiny dolphin could.

So, today, Laedere brought Ardere with her to move toward the threshold. Perhaps she would try and garner new members to add to the Falls. Alas, the form that the fell upon first was an equine mare that seemed to be dancing around in the light of the forest. She was just nearing the exit of the Threshold and beginning to linger toward the opening of the Falls. Laedere assumed that she would not have made it into the Falls - not with the confusing entrance of the towering cliffs. Still, she moved in closer to the alabaster mare and gave a gentle whicker of warning before Ardere inched in closer to the equine.

It was only as her limbs inched in that she realized this mare was even smaller than she was. Laedere carefully ruffled her wings up against her side, fluffing them out as she always had (regardless of the hole present in one) before standing a few feet to the side. "What brings ye out towards the Falls on such a sweltering morn?" she inquired, crown tilting to the side as her eyes watched Ardere join in on the dance the tiny creature was participating in.

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

ooc goes hurr.

Coding || Image Credits

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things
The quiet whicker had Aisling’s head turning towards the source, a smile automatically lighting up her face. She was always eager to meet new friends, but as that was her express purpose today, she was doubly as happy to do so. “Oh my!” She exclaimed, breathy from surprise and the heat of the day, for there were several remarkable things about the mare that was addressing her. The green-splashed body was the frist thing she notices, still so unused to equids of such remarkable color. The bandages that were looped about the mare, and indeed the gap in her wing gave the faerie mare a starts, but as the other spoke without pain, the fear of recent injuries subsided quickly.

Most extraordinary of all was the creatures that seemed to swim through the air toward her, gamboling about playfully. A delighted laugh rang from the mare like wee bells, and she spun on the spot. Though not quite the same, it reminded Aisling of the arbor-clad Fig’s little companion. Even having seen one of their kind before, Aisling marveled at the miraculous water-creature, finally stopping her dancing steps to watch it for a moment.

“Oh! I must be begin your pardon!” Her lilting voice came out in a rush when it occurred to her she had been staring at the playful creature with a rather dreamy expression for several seconds. She turned back to the minty mare, with her bright smile was back in full force and the sturdy little head dipped in a polite gesture of greeting. “I did not mean to be trespassing, that is, I had heard there was a herd that lived up this ways but I didn’t know I was quite so close already. It’s a pleasure to be meeting you, and I assume this is your friend.” She nodded to the airborne dolphin, “I am called Aisling.”

"talk talk talk"
Tags: @[Laedere]
Note: SORRY I’M THE WORST
Table style by Tamme!
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

As the mare turned her features seemed to light up. A wide smile that reached the pallid mare's eyes reached Laedere just as the exclamation filled the air. Instantly, she pulled her right wing in a little bit closer to her side causing her bandage to sway a little in the wind. Cracked and dried blood was caked across the tattered bandage.

Alas, it seemed as though the white mare's attention was quickly drawn toward Ardere, who was now looping around in the sky prepared to edge her way over toward the white one. Aye, her companion was far more interested in others than she was. But, Laedere supposed that it was best that they were so different - that they would balance each other out in the end.

The other mare started to speak, apologizing with the glittering smile still pressed upon her lips. Laedere mimicked the smile, though it didn't shine in the same way. Even the way her shoulders were ever so slightly downhill gave off the appearance of a wearisome soul. "Aye, tis thee exterior of thee Falls. Ye shan't be within yon borderlands yet, but ye be proximate for certain." Laedere explained, eyes flickering across the mare's frame and (for once) taking in the smaller being. "And yes, tis Ardere and mineself be dawned thy title of Laedere,"

Still, Ardere wanted more attention. So, pulling on some of Laedere's bandage, she twirls the loose end in the air for a moment. Then, once satisfied with the movement of the bloodied bandage, she began to circle around the white one in her own form of a greeting. Nay, Laedere still could not fully comprehend this little one's state of mind even though they were connected so intimately.

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

no need to tag me <3.

Coding || Image Credits