the Rift

DARE TO DANCE WITH A DEVIL?

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare

WHAT'S A NONBELIEVER TO A GOD?
NOTHING

Misael was tired, his muscles ached and his lids were half-closed by a touch of exhaustion's finger. He had traveled for days on end, making his way to wherever his hooves led him. He didn't know where he was and he didn't care, he wouldn't care again either. Nothing deserved to be cared by him.

Only when he clipped his hoof and nearly stumbled did he stop to find his surroundings. Misael knew every part of this island, although he didn't care or know where he was at this exact moment he knew the ground like one knew where a water source was. His midnight azure ears twisted forward at the sight of a strange swirling mass, it taunted him to go closer. Striding forward he lifted a hoof to touch such a strange sight, when he was quickly sucked in by the force of this object. Seconds later, he was spit out on foreign soil, the smell of forest foliage and new scents racking his brain. It was overwhelming, the sudden impact of a new world. With speed, he lifted himself up, locks gathering on the ground near his hooves. Why had he been thrown into such a place? Anger replaced the fuzziness of entering this realm, and he cantered through the thick brush to find some sort of clearing, if there was a way in, there had to be a way out.

Hours later, Misael was lost and helpless, his only choice now was to expose himself. His lips parted as he released a call into the eerily silent woods, hoping one would hear such a lame cry of desperation. He stood there, his golden orbs flicking from left to right as he waited for the pitter patter of hooves, or not hooves, to enter his ears. This was to be a waiting game, and the only game he didn't like to play.

OCC; IT's late and it's shit writing but it's up and I'm happy yay

TEMPLATE CODING BY GOLDEN ALBATROSS OF CAUTION

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
If I'm busy recruiting one, why not continue? Damaris stays home while I trudge through the Threshold again. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... I'm not sure where I've heard the saying before but singing it in my mind in a deep, gruff, slightly off-key tone is just really irresistible and incredibly catchy. I'm paying almost no attention to where I'm going or who was even around me when suddenly before my very eyes....

I don't know what I'm looking at.

A rainbow unicorn zebra. Yup, that's what it is. Rainbow unicorn zebra RAM. Two ram-like horns sprout from his head, his body covered in stripes with rainbow down his body, his mane, his tail. My eyes are assaulted by color in a world that often seems so void of it. I don't really know what to do. But it hasn't seen me yet and lets out a large call for someone to notice it. Him. I wince and duck my head, wishing that I had some way to heal my eardrums. "No need to shout, Comrade, I'm right here!" I shout in reply. Goddamn - another handsome stallion that makes me wish I was homosexual. But what then - would I have babies with him? No. I already have a child of my own whom I love very much, that is physically impossible.. AND... COMPLETELY IMMORAL. The Gods certainly would frown upon it.

But a stallion can dream, can't he?

I step forward and bow my head in greeting. "I am Rostislav of the Hidden Falls. Your name, good colorful Sir?" Just because I'm in awe is no reason to not be polite.

WC: 272
Tag: @[Misael]
Rosti has inherited some Russian homophobia apparently. Clearly my love for this design is showing through Rosti. HAWT

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

WHAT'S A NONBELIEVER TO A GOD?
NOTHING

"No need to shout, Comrade, I'm right here!" Words tumbled down his ears at a high pitch as another, close, responded. He was extremely relieved for he was worried that this dimensional change could be the end of his very precious life. Taking a few steps forward the striped stallion viewed the voice that had answered his sos call. The respondent's coat was of fine browns and creams, a tail that matched the king of the jungle replaced a normal haired one, and two ebonite twisted horns along with a few bone spurs protruded from his cranium and maw. He was not as brightly colored as Misael, but to the large stallion he wasn't entirely boring. He was grateful that someone of worth had come to him, he hated dealing with bottom feeders.

The stag bowed his head with respect and Misael felt inclined to do the same. Long ribbons caught the sparkling sun as he shifted his head down in a return of respect. The know named Rostislav, claimed he was from a place by the name of Hidden Falls. It intrigued the brute enough to want to know more, if there was no way out of this place, he minus(o.o is this how I spell it?) well settle in and accept the fact that he was not returning to his home. "Greetings Rostislav, glad for your company. I am Misael." He said with a nod of his azure colored head. "Tell me fellow Comrade, what is this place I now inhabit and what is this place of hidden falls you speak of?" Misael asked, his chords deep and holding his signature ring of something devilish. He could not change his signature, no, not even to impress the highest of authority, so he let his words flow from his mouth with no modification. Golden lanterns peered around him, awaiting an explanation that would hopefully lead him to answers.

Tag; @[Rostislav] Words; 321

TEMPLATE CODING BY GOLDEN ALBATROSS OF CAUTION

He bows his head in returned, mutual respect, in greeting. I'm happy to have met someone respectful, rather than an arrogant prick. The colorful beast introduces himself as Misael. Strange name.. sounds like some strange fallen angel. Ah and he speaks my language! 'Comrade.' The cockles of my heart warm slightly. I realize that he may be confused, as I have not told him of the greater land that he lives in now. "Eto udovol'stviye. This is Helovia. The Hidden Falls is the herd land that I reside in. I am a Legatus there, a general." I note the strange tone to his voice, thinking to myself that he sounds awfully suspicious, like his is plotting my demise in his mind. But his words are innocent, and I wonder if perhaps it is just a flaw in his speech that causes him to sound so dishonest and untrustworthy.

A breeze blows through and knocks hair in front of my face, and I perform an exaggerated hair flip as I try to reveal my pale eyes again. As I do so, I continue to wonder about his tone. First Rohan and now this one.. are they all up to no good? Of course I have no proof. It is only because of Damaris that I suspect Rohan, and it is only because of his speech that a seed of doubt plants itself about Misael. It's foolish to harbor such paranoia, but I suppose I've never been an entirely trusting soul either. With effort I banish the thoughts and open my mouth again to tell him more. "Midas the Gallant and Ghost the Cadaverous lead us. We have plenty of room for growth and prosperity for those who apply themselves, be it as a warrior, spy, healer, crafter, or educator. We only ask that those that join contribute in some fashion."

WC: 309
It is spelled "might as", not "minus", which would be subtraction.
Eto udovol'stviye - It is a pleasure

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Misael's ears twitched at the sound of a strange tongue, the pronunciation of such words seemed rough and deeply masculine, like a mix between something utterly beautiful and poetic with the harsh and loud sound of a dog's bark. He wondered where this brute had picked up such an accent, and why he spoke it around those who did not understand. Mentally shaking off the thought, Misael was awoke by Rostislav's brief explanation of himself. A general he was, it seemed fitting to the striped stud. Misael knew how herds worked, everyone had a position and each person was expected to pull their own weight and do their job. He never crossed the bridge of what his role would be in such a society, but with a quick thought he figured he would most likely become a warrior. The idea of battle and being first on a line up thrilled him, he liked to feel something other then numbness which most of his days has become occupied by. Misael turned his horned head to look back where a portal once glittered, now all he saw was mossy trees and branches hung low by the weight of their leaves. He felt a pang of sadness, he would miss his home, but the stag would look back no longer. As his head revolved back to where the brown stallion stood, it was like the severing of a thread, the present had now become past, and Misael was to keep his eyes focused on none other then what was in front of him. "Oh very interesting. Is an entrance such as mine normal for the inhabitants of Helovia?" He asked with genuine curiosity. Misael wanted to know all about his new home, but even more, he wanted to know about the people who walked within it's boarders.

Rostislav spoke again, his speech making Misael believe that he was here to recruit, something Misael was familiar with long ago. The names of their leaders were strange, Lord and Lady pleased the brute and he figured it would please others as well, but newly to him it didn't seem too. It humored him at the thought of one introducing themselves as 'the gallant' or 'the Cadaverous.' Not letting the humor lead him astray, Misael replied to Rostislav. "I assume you must be here to recruit members? If so I'd gladly travel to these lands, if you believe that they would take someone such as I." Although Misael wanted to be respectful to the general, he didn't want to travel far if Rostislav had doubts on Misael's ability to win over the duke and dutch of these 'hidden falls.' Even though the brute in front of him might not know Misael well, most automatically know if a given equine is compatible in their homelands and hopefully in Misael's case, he was.

OCC; Sorry this post is going everywhere, like I said settling into him. & LOL about minus, I knew it was for subtraction but I just couldn't remember what it was actually spelt like in that cause.

WHAT'S A GOD TO A NON-BELIEVER?
@[Rostislav] | 481 | NOTES

The stallion looks back behind him, and I wonder what on earth he's looking for. Of course, I had not seen the portal through which he had traveled. So when he asks if an entrance such as his is common, naturally I am quite confused. An ear swivels and my crown cocks in befuddlement. "I am afraid you have lost me. An entrance such as yours? We find newcomers here in the Threshold - this part of the large forest - quite often, as it is the only entrance to Helovia." I try to respond his question despite my confusion, and hope that I have answered it to his satisfaction.

I'm surprised that he is concerned whether the Falls will accept him. "Yes, I am here to recruit. A wonderful part of being actively engaged in herd goings-on." A reluctant smile crosses my face. I don't like recruiting. I never have and I never will. "We are open to whomever wants to join, as long as they are respectful and willing." The smile turns more genuine and I gesture north toward the Falls. "It is not far from here. If you are open to it, I will show you the way. We can talk more on our journey there." I feel my insides warm with pleasure at the thought of bringing him home. He seems sturdy enough and will be a good addition to the herd. Of course I meant what I said to him: the Falls is one of the most welcoming herds I know of. To my knowledge, we have yet to turn anyone down. Equine, pegasus, unicorn, hybrid... no matter what you are, we'll take you. We are the common denominator, but I think in the end it makes us stronger. We are a family of randoms and oddities and it makes us special.

WC: 305
Probs my last post? You can reply with a yes or no ^_^

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread