the Rift

An audience, please [Earth God | Kiara | Akaith?

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Kiara first than Mirage if Akaith is following, then I hope the God of the Earth will appear. It is kind of a quest return but still not ^^']

He trotted proudly beside Kiara, his silvery body moving steadily just beside her roan form. He could feel the warmth of her skin and her scent occupied his nose and brain, leaving no place for the other smells of the world. It didn’t bother him that he couldn’t think of anything else but the mare beside him, because he knew the way, even if he hadn’t traveled by foot there the last time. Breeze was so proud, so pleased and happy that Kiara had agreed to come with him. Maybe it wasn’t as big of a deal as if felt to him, but he was still happy. When he gazed at her he couldn’t keep himself from smiling, when her scent filled his nostrils his head started spinning and when she’d almost touched him back at the Thistle Meadow he thought he’d died and gone to heaven. If this isn’t magic, I wonder what is. he thought and forced his black eyes from her multicolored body.

They were now closing in on their goal. Breeze could see the glowing rocks that formed the trail up to the shrines. The rocks were looking even stranger in the deep shadows of night and the young buck felt almost wary about stepping on them. He stopped and smiled towards Kiara before he gestured with his muzzle towards the ledge high up on the mountain side. "Come." he whispered softly and started trotting again. His hooves clacked against the rocks and soon he reached the shrines of the Gods.

"God of the Earth, sir, I wish to speak to you about my quest. May I please request an audience?" the young pegasi spoke and shuffled his wings. Now he was a bit scared, what if the God didn’t appear? Would Kiara call him a liar and leave him alone here at the Veins? Please, please Earth God… answer me!

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
The pair traveled side by side, back the way the young roan had just come. Why was he leading her back again? They surely couldn't be going back to the Vein of the Gods.... Could they? Every now and then Kiara tensed thinking that she was about to bump into the only male she dared to trust. His scent filled her own nostrils, it drew her in closer to him. What kind of magic was this? Softly she snorted trying to clear her mind. The young roan was glad for Akaith's presence on her back, it was calming. But he had asked her to trust him.

As they arrived back in the Vein of the Gods, Kiara looked to him confused. Why had they come here of all places? As he stopped she did to. As he gestured with his muzzle, she hesitantly started to reach out to him as well. But quikly she stopped herself and moved on right behind him, green eyes watching each step she took. It was quiet, only the sound of thier hooves clacking against the rocks. When Breeze stopped again, Kiara stopped beside him as he spoke to the God of the Earth.... She lowered her head slightly, remembering the pure power the god held and his kindness in giving her the pearl necklace. Now they would both wait to see if he would be answered...

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Feel free to play Akaith on Kiara's back still, I dont have time to post properly atm but she's definitely still around :-)

Unregistered
[Ok! :D]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The ground rumbled and shook as the form of the Earth God took form from the rocks, ash, and dirt that were scattered around. It melded together and shifted. Rocks ground against one another and ash and dirt billowed around him. Throughout the flurry of movement it became clear that it was, indeed, the Earth God taking shape. His massive feathered wings flared at his sides, his curved horns hooked around the sides of his head. Black mane and tail tipped with brown took shape and fluttered in the breeze. Finally all was quiet and there stood the Earth God, looking down at the visitors who had called upon him.

He smiled at the visitors, his green eyes twinkling merrily as he lowered his head to them and folded his wings against his sides. "Welcome, welcome Breeze, Kiara, and Akaith." He greeted them heartily then lifted his massive head, the smile still present on his face.

"You called because of your quest?" He asked. "What is it you have questions about, my son?"

Unregistered
He was as much surprised as last time when the earth started moving. But this time he also felt a hint of relief. He would not look like a fool before the roan mare by his side and apparently that was something important for him. He felt that he needed to impress her, needed for her to see him as a strong capable male. But why? The young stallion had no idea. But nonetheless he was happy to see the god take form in front of them. Even if the wind, the ash and the dust scared him a bit.

"Father Earth, you came! Thank you!" Breeze heard himself say with relief in his voice. He listened to the thundering voice of the God and decided, even though he hadn’t met the other gods, that the Earth was his favorite. Breeze felt much calmer this time, maybe it was because he didn’t want to appear cowardly with Kiara there.

"Yes, sir Earth, I want to tell you that I took your first advice and," he broke off and turned to the tricolored mare by his side. "I have found a friend, she’s not from my herd, but still." He smiled and then he turned back to the towering unearthly stallion.

"I wish to give my quest to Kiara, for she has chased away my loneness and I do no longer desire a companion. But she does, so can I please give it to her?"

She was standing so close to him, he would only need to extend his muzzle a few inches and he would feel her warm body. But he stood still, a little afraid too that if he tried Akaith would not take kindly to it and maybe bite him or worse; burn him. Quietly he waited for the God too answer watching Kiara from the corner of his eye, would she like the gift if he was allowed to give it? He sure hoped so.

The young roan just stared in awe as the ground began to shake. It seemed as if out of. The dirt, rock and ash came the God of the Earth himself. The fem lowered her head in respect for the God. She had to admit, she was starting to favor him over the God of the Sun and the Goddess of the Moon. When he spoke he called all three by name. Green eyes looked to the powerful God as he spoke to Breeze. What the young knight said next surprised her. Emerald eyes went wide in a stare. When he called her a friend she could not help but smile. Gently she nosed his neck, only worrying after of his reaction.

What he said next shocked her the most. He had been on a quest to cure his own loneliness, which it seemed her company had done. He wanted to give his quest for a companion.. To her!?!? She was shocked. No one in her life had ever been so Ko d to her. Softly she spoke in protest to Breeze. "You don't have to do that...." This time she leaned slightly over, nudging against him playfully. She then looked back to the God of the Earth, waiting to see if he would allow it.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

The twinkling in the Earth God's eyes faded as Breeze began to speak of his quest and ultimately asked to give it to Kiara. The God regarded the mare for a moment before his massive head was turned back toward the young pegasus stud. "The quest you were given was designed specifically for you, Breeze." He began. "If you no longer desire a companion then that is fine, you will not receive one, but your quest cannot be given away." His mind drifted to his brother and his sister. He was not certain of what his sister would do in this instance, but he knew his brother would curse the two young ones for being sneaky.

"Kiara." he said as he turned his head back to the young mare. "You have already visited us and we could not help you at the time. Your time to return has not yet come. You may return then." He then looked back at Breeze. "If you truly do not wish for a companion any longer your quest will become void."

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Akaith happily watched the goings-on from her perch atop Kiara's withers. It was a different sort of a journey for her, so used to the dark hide of her bonded beneath her, she enjoyed the change if only because it was novel for the moment. As they all walked along, she chattered away, sometimes to herself, sometimes to the others, wandering along the small of Kiara's back, being sure that her sharp claws did not scratch at the roany blanket atop the little mare's rump. They made the climb to the Veins of the Gods, a place Akaith had been several times now, with her bonded and the Qian, with Vikram, and with her bonded's sister, Rishima. She didn't know what was going on, until the telltale rumbling of the earth suggested the Earth God's arrival. The little gold chirruped delightedly to the God, nodding her scaly head and flourishing her wings happily.

But as the conversation began between the God and the pegasus boy, Akaith when through several emotions. At first, she was thrilled and excited by the friendship forged between the colt and filly, delighted to see such an open display of affections between them. Breeze was offering to give the little belle a companion - it was perfect, Akaith thought, wishing she could have done the same, alas none of her eggs as yet seemed suited to bond to another. But the Earth God responded, clearly unhappy and as unwilling as a mountain to budge on his verdict. That didn't stop Akaith however. The little dragon called attention to herself, puffing her chest out and regally loosing a majestic call from her scaled maw. A small puff of smoke exited her nostrils, and the little queen focussed her energies on her mindspeech, extending them to all parties that were present, but mostly directing them to the Earth God.

"Why can not the winged boy begin a new quest for a companion for the roan girl? They will have my guidance." Vanity was certainly one of Akaith's traits, and she gave her word with a firm snort from her slitted nostrils and awaited a response.

[ ooc : Xira was able to quest for Andash's wings... surely something similar could be set up..? Where's the consistency ;_; ]

Unregistered
What pride he felt to have the chance to give Kiara something she wanted. It felt as if he had grown several inches taller, that he was a grown stallion now who could care for her and protect her. Why he felt like he wanted too was a mystery and something he was too focused on the situation to even consider. But felt it he did and when her nose softly touched him it felt as if his heart stopped for a second and his head filled with half finished thoughts that made no sense.

However the little knight’s euphoria soon came to an end. As the Earth God seemed displeased with him even asking the question Breeze’s heart sank. His erect ears fell out to the sides and his black eyes filled with a wide range of emotions. He didn’t even notice how the gilded dragon began to argue with the god, he was too upset, too sad that he’d let both the god and Kiara down.

He looked to the girl by his side, the sweet little Kiara, and his heart seemed to break. He felt so embarrassed, so humiliated. It was only because he’d been flying so high on his expectations that he then fell so hard when it all proved to be false hopes.

Breeze took a deep breath and threw his silvery body from the ledge. He spread his big wings and beat them as fast as he could. He just couldn’t stand to see the disappointment he was certain Kiara would feel, couldn’t stand the stern gaze of the Earth God who apparently felt tricked, couldn’t stand to face his own failure anymore… so he fled. Like a coward.

[ooc; Well Xira asked to do a quest for someone else from the beginning, so I understand why. Poor Kiara, but Breeze can maybe come with her next time she tries ;D]

As the God spoke however, Kiara's heart sank. It had been a sweet gesture, but one the Earth God clearly took offence to. Green eyes looked to Breeze, watching the clear dissapointment cross his own face. Suddenly the silver knight turned and took off over the ledge. "Breeze! WAIT!" Without warning the young roan wheeled around sturggling to find a way to follow the pegasus. Oh how she wanted wings to chase after him with. She did not even think for a second about Akaith's protest, only getting to her friend and making sure he was alright.... As long as she had him... She didn't need a companion.... At least not right now anyway....

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

Calm, eyes of emerald watch the expression of the young colt. The father of Earth feels a lurch in his gut, for it hurts him to see the emotions of one so giving twisted. However, the act itself was one that could not be given. To pass your quest along to another was not so easily done. We each have our own paths, and finding one to join us in this long journey is not so easily cast unto others. Even those with the right intents in their heart could really only be trying to trick fate.

Such was the case of this young spirit. The aged face of the God remained impassive, despite the turmoil the kindhearted deity was facing in his chest. He understood the want to give, but in this case, he could not give the boy what he was asking. The Earth could not cheat fate.

The golden dragon, Akaith, sat upon the back of Kiara. The Earth God recognizes her as the bonded to Mirage, and so he listens carefully to her words. The God looks sternly at her, however, unimpressed by her display of contempt for his verdict. The jolly eyes look harsh, but there is the ever present warmth that the God had still instilled deep within. It was not his intent to dismay the company, only to ensure that fairness was given. "The time for Kiara's quest has not yet arrived. I am unable to lead her to the companion she unknowingly seeks," he says evenly, rumbling voice stark and impressionable.

"Come later, as I have prompted, and you shall have your wishes realized."

The pegasus colt does not seem to be listening, however, and takes off in flight. Likely against the will of Akaith, her perch turns as Kiara chases after her friend. True companionship, the God thinks quietly to himself, is friendship.