the Rift

[OPEN] Aye, someone here?

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
SPICE
She finds herself wandering once again, eyes adjusting to the shadows as she makes her way under and overhanging tree, well, trees. She looks up to find vines draping across her shoulders and back, thinking of the small birdie resting in her forelock between her ears, she becomes more aware of where she steps and where the vines might fall. A smile is already on her lips as she glances up at the beautiful tree. It is a sight, that she very much likes; a dance of light in her eyes that wasn't there before.

Wayne seemed to notice this, as she had shifted upon the mare's head, taking flight, small grey wings beating fast, but with a purpose. Fluttering in one spot at eye level for a moment, she made her way up, winding through the vines and tree branches. "Don't go too far, daughter!" She calls, thinking it would be cool if Wayne had a nickname. Something similar to what her mother would call her sometimes. Dah.

Spice had heard the stories her mother told, she wasn't completely oblivious to the words her mother spoke. Dah was short for daughter. Her mother might have even said so once.

As the flitting grey speck came back into view, she heard the sound of Wayne's chittering. Tweeting? Singing. That was what it was. She watched as the bird flew around her in a circle once, a new song on her lips. Spice smiles. "Sing another," she prompts, so the finch does. It seems they have some sort of communication. It was nice.

After a while, Spice got a little tired of standing, so she was happy to invite Wayne to sit with her under the shade of the droopy tree. "Come on, maybe we could get a few winks in, whadda ya say?" She asks in an encouraging tone, already lowering herself to the ground. Once fitted comfortably by her spot at the base of the tree, she unravels feathers upon feathers. Stretching her wings for the first time that day, did she forget to mention...she walked here? It was nice to take a hike once in a while, and she would definitely do it every day if she came upon a place like this every time. It was so nice here. So quiet. Other than Wayne's singing in her forelock, that is.

"Speech."
Anyone can join in, she's just sitting there with her wings stretched out. c: I will just ask for you to tag me, and keep the posts coming as I will for you!
when you are young, you just run
but you come back to what you need...
credits :: table
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
. . . T i l n e y

It had only been a few days since Tilney was given a new home amongst the other equine in the Hidden Falls. He explored as much as he could by day before tucking himself away at night, secluding himself in an attempt to keep his secret. He would hide behind vines or make a dash through one of the many waterfalls and end up in a grotto behind the constant stream of aqua.

It was a bright morning, and the trees cast long shadows over the Hidden Falls landscape. Where will I wander today? he pondered as he stepped from behind a thick bundle of vines.
He hoped to meet more and more acquaintances as he went, hoping eventually to end up with a few friends. It wasn't easy settling in and he still felt like such a stranger. He really had only spoken to Africa so far.

Cloven hooves met the damp earth and he started his new day with walking. It was how he started every day just about. Even when the moon came to replace the sun he walked still, at the end of his day until his failed night vision would not permit him to walk any further. He smiled merrily to the equines he stumbled past and bellowed a soft hello, ears pricked and friendly. He had come to notice that here in Helovia not everyone was as friendly as the antlered folk he grew up with, but then again there were some not-so-nice colts in his herd. He knew better then most. It had been said and said again; Tilney had a dangerous upbringing, as he was taught to believe everyone is as true and pure of heart as he. He certainly found out the truth the hard way.

His pace was fast and uphill, like he was really on a mission. But to do what? Well to explore of course. His pace would only strengthen as he whisked around corners, and soon he had given into an elevated canter. His left antler tapped gently on a passer-by's horn, the bronze stag racing between two innocent bystanders, nearly knocking them flying. "Oh, I am sorry!" Tilney cheered back to them, but he was in a hurry.

He was only gathering speed now, dashing between trees at absolute full pelt. If he hadnt been galloping at full speed like a lunatic he would probably of seen the painted mare, wings out stretched right infront of him. But the trees, oh the trees this morning were just magnificen-'OOHF!'

This young chestnut had just tripped right over a patched mares rump, scraping past her feathers, and landing on his own rump on the other side of her. The sickening thwack of his antlers smacking against a stone echoed for miles, and the startled stallions green eyes searched for an explanation for how he could of possibly ended up with his legs in the air, and his back to the ground. It took a few moments to process, but it made sense after a moment or two.
Flicking his legs over, laying softly on his now bruised side he looked to the brown and ivory lass, speechless. How could he apologise for that? It was one hundred and ten percent pure stupidity. He felt like his only option was getting up and running away. He stared at her, blinking for a few moments, gulped and whispered "A thousand apologies ma'am". He panted softly and rose on shaky socked legs, his viridescent gaze hardly leaving this poor painted mares. "Are you alright?"

= @[Spice] =

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Hidden Account
SPICE
Well, that was a bust. She thought darkly when a chestnut form appeared out of nowhere, tumbling over her in some sort of mad rush. But the harsh words didn't escape her mouth, though as much as she was upset with whoever this was about tripping over her, she couldn't get mad at someone she hasn't even met yet.
He has already apologized, and looked plenty guilty...she wasn't going to burden him of giving him an enemy. She wouldn't do such a thing. He rose to his feet, and she didn't want to the do the same, but she also didn't want to seem smaller than him if he really did mean trouble.

His question, how should she answer it?

No, of course I'm not alright. "Are you alright? I'd like to know that first." She says, and she is happy with this answer. It wasn't like she was going to give him a hard time about this. He could be a new friend! "Don't push away new friends" her mother would say.

"You were just...having fun. Just as I would be." She said, he heart lightening as she watched his eyes. They were like her's only a bit darker and swampy. She liked that about him. Pure. Apologetic, and genuine.

She could feel the trembling in her forelock of the little finch. Sighing, she unfolded one of her now tucked in wings. Beckoning with her mind, the little zebra girl swept herself away between the feathers. "Shh it's okay" she said through the bond, hoping against hope that Wayne could hear her.

"Speech."

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney
"And oh there is more to this life"

There was a slight ringing in his ears and his skull throbbed right into his teeth from where his antlers had smacked into that rock. He considered her question and simply nodded. He wouldn't complain to her about not being okay when it was he who caused the incident.
"Fine, thankyou" His green eyes looked deeply down to the faes and uttered a soft sigh "nothing too disastrous".

Tilney now was in a rare ill temper. He was embarrassed with a cracking headache, and he felt like there was no way to apologise to this poor lass for his stupidity. The cheerful smile had mostly fallen form his face and he was left with a curious and startled yet slightly grumpy demeanour; This was quite rare.
"Once again, a thousand apologies. I did not see you there. If I had I would of stopped or run around you." Golden locks were shaken from his eyes, tossed over his mahogany antlers and out of his vision. His mane was a bit too long, and it annoyed him.

"I should have a care for what's in front of me. I was admiring the trees, they're so beautiful this morning... and the birds, they sound happy today."

Shuffling his cloven hooves, his gaze turned to the vibration in her forlock. Was something in there?
A small bird burst from the faes browned locks and zipped quickly to the feather branches of her wing. He must of given the poor little finch such a scare."I promise I'm not scary little bird" He whispered, his nose pointed towards its hiding place in the painted fillys wing. "I'm very sorry if I frightened you too" he uttered, though he was unsure if the little bird could hear or understand him.

"My name is Tilney by the way" the stag finally spoke to the mare who lay in front of him.

= @[Spice] =
Image || Coding by Tamme and edited by Tribs

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Hidden Account
SPICE
Spice watched for a reaction to her words, carefully calculating the tones in his voice and so-on. When he started to try and explain what he would have done if he'd seen her...it was all quite exhausting. She wanted to nudge him along so that they could get this awkward state out of the way and become some sort of acquaintances. It wasn't like she was mad at him anyway. No harm done...except for maybe a new bruise on her behind, but thankfully, nothing more.

When he'd finished explaining what he thought of the trees and sounds, she decided to cut in, her voice sharp, though her eyes calm. "Okay thank you for that. I am going to be fine. You are going to be fine. We are all going to be just fine." She said in an insisting tone of voice. Like it was a demand.

He'd addressed her finch as well, it's small body noticeable from the inside of her wing. "It's okay." She said, trying to wave it off like it was nothing, but truthfully, she could feel the fright through the bond as clear as day, though she didn't want to show it, she was scared for the little grey bundle in her feathers, gazing down at it with soft, concerned emerald orbs she watched Wayne for a second before looking back towards the newly addressed man.

"Tilney." She tried it out for herself, liking how it felt on her lips. Exotic, and new. "I'm Spice." She said simply, with the wave of her hair, flicking her forelock back with a slight move of her head. It was getting annoying now, the more it fell into her eyes, the more she felt like screaming at it to just fall off.

But, of course, she didn't. Because how crazy would he think she was then?

"Speech."
@[Tilney]