the Rift

Swallow, but Nothing's Forgiven

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada
Crash

Dry earth depresses below heavy plates wrapped in silver, heavy forelock cast out of his field of vision and draped carefully down the center of his massive dome. Lively eyes sweep over the dying forest, the near unbearable heat growing stronger yet as the sun completely breaks over the hills in the west; already the air was stagnant and miserable, and the great warrior sighed inwardly. He had been here too many times.. had never really, settled in, per say. To many interruptions and mishaps, as well as loss of interest in the somber little world. The draft thinks back to the last time he had crossed the boarders and had cast himself back onto the valley between the mountains: there had been a wraith - a child - that he had crossed paths with, it's after-life journey coming to a bloody end. He can still remember the sound of the creature's guts rolling around in an exposed rib cage, the limp wing being drug on the ground as it moved... tendons and joints visible beneath rotten (and completely missing) patches of flesh. His belly gurgles and pops uncomfortably at the memory, the stench somehow able to find it's way back into his nostrils (purely from his imagination). The monochromatic beast tightens his jaws and his flank quivers in response to the image.

The stallion moves on, silver glinting off of his jet black crown - as well as the thick hair hanging from his neck, rump, and legs - as thin rays of light stretch and filter through the gaps of the forest. Icy eyes watch his quiet surroundings carefully, unsure if the landmass has been taken over by the undead, or brought back from near extinction. White ears rotate accordingly and the dim gray feather weaved into his mane trembles in the face of a hot breeze. Both flaccid pink nostrils quiver and short white whiskers twitch while the beast tests the air for any familiar (or unfamiliar, even) scents. He longs to see his Princess, to embrace her slender body and protect her for eternity.. but time takes it's toll, and two years ticked by before he could react. Wide teeth grind in his skull, the bones creaking and grinding as they rub together under an massive amount of pressure; could she have had more children? Is she healthy.. is she even living?

A cold ball of flem rolled down the back of his throat, visions of her mangled body and cold, gelatinous blood plauging his thoughts for only seconds before he can force them out. Instead, he tried to think of the positives: the hot spring and beads of water rolling off of her pearly hide, the small giggle hidden behind a waterfall of hair. She has to be alive. "Basin brothers!" the Tinker shouted, his deep voice shattering the eerie silence that cloaked the thin forest. Silver hooves drug across the dusty earth as he continued to move with steps full of both grace and power.

"Speaking"
Wow, I really wish I could write him as beautifully as he had been for a little while, but this I guess this will have to do for now.

texture credit
Please tag me in all posts.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
My hands are tied, my body bruised
she's got me with nothing to win and nothing left to lose

It was, as most of the days seemed to be this season, rather hot. Sweat rolled between d’Artagnan’s legs and his mane stuck to him in all sorts of annoying ways, even his bag slid occasionally from the damp forming underneath. The Doctor had ambled down the mountain only to wish that he’d stayed up there and rubbed his body against the frozen archway for a while. Aramis seemed little affected by the weather and bounced along in front as always, he was a fire breather after all so heat was little problem to this hound. Now and then, the hellion would turn and smirk at his labouring friend, enjoying the levels of grump as he went up the scale the hotter he got. ”You’re not too cold are you?” came the dog’s snickering voice into the irritated vaults of the shade’s warped mind as flames flickered around his chops as if to put an emphasis on it. d’Artagnan frowned and marched off in a different direction like an offended diva, not offering the hound an answer in a charade of overworked irritation. Aramis followed after regardless, a line of humour set jovially onto his lips.

They wandered the threshold for a while, looking for lost souls to tempt or torment, the Doctor’s eye often straying from one interesting looking plant to another. His poison stores always had room for more after all and how long had it been since he’d experimented on anything? Far too long! The shade quickly made that the main point in his agenda for when he returned north. Who knows, maybe he’ll find an interesting specimen to play with on his way back. Some he recognized from the Earth God’s prize of knowledge and others he didn’t, those most likely did nothing at all or had more healing value. He wrinkled his nose up at them and shook his head, wanting something more exciting. The odd pair continued like this until a voice drifted into his ears and Aramis shot a glance in its direction.

d’Artagnan frowned and followed it. Wondering who would be calling the Basin in the Threshold, someone who wasn’t new that was certainly one thing he could glean. When the Nightshade arrived the stallion before him did seem… Familiar in an odd way. Like he may have seen him in some herd meeting or in passing. He was a thick boned lad; the second one he’d seen recently and he moved with all the power that large body would surely grant him. He was not quite as tall as the Doctor, however, and sported only one horn but one would do. One marked him kin. "What about the Basin sisters?" the blood bay laughed as he moved to try stand in front of the beast and Aramis leant back onto his haunches, tail curling around his body. "Any reason why you’re calling the male population of the north?"

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
"Indeed, what about Basin sisters?" A sensual beckon, a soft, flitting, flirting litany of a siren. Dark lips were twisted upwards in a jovial, honest smile, because why not? These were her kind, the proud race, the most noble of race, each one with a horn proudly displayed upon their brow... Or two, of course, as far as she and the blood bay Doctor were concerned. "Are we not allowed to crash your 'boys only' club...?"

Dual toned oculars eyed the two horned stags before her, skimming upon d'Artagnan's familiar musculature and offering the skilled Doctor a familiar, intimate nod before settling on the painted stallion before them.

Well! Crash indeed!

"... Crash?" A soft, surprised question left dark lips unbidden, and Rhiannon's eyes narrowed in surreptitious curiosity as she sized up the hulk of a man before them. He was dfinitely not who Rhiannon was expecting to find upon deciding to take an impromptu stroll through the Threshold of Helovia, nor even when deep, male octaves had drawn her from her singular path and to where she now stood. The good Doctor seemed to have this all under control, but never one to be boring or mundane, the Weaver had decided to step in.

The memories were quick and fleeting, but oh, did she recall them. Many years ago, at only a few months old, a terrible rainstorm had soaked her like a drowned rat... She had been playing when the storm hit, then lost, terrified and separated from her now-dead mother, away from Crowley's side, from everything warm and familiar... And she had stumbled upon Crash Course, this beastly male who was every bit familiar as he was a stranger.

That had basically been the extent of their affiliation, but it had been lasting enough for Rhiannon to remember this stag's face and name. An impressive feat, especially with her track record.

"I must say, good sir... You look far better than the last time we had crossed paths." In the odd chance that he did not recognize her, since she was grown now and no longer resembled a lanky, pathetic filly, the brindled devil grinned and decided to reintroduce herself. "The name's Rhiannon. Do you remember me?" She chuckled, a hearty, throaty sound. "I'm pleased to see that you aren't dead."

ooc: I'm sorry, I had to crash this thread. Hah. Crash. xD

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada
Crash

The beast's call was answered quicker than he had imagined, but he couldn't help but grin at the Nightshade and his shaggy Hellhound crossed his path. "What about the Basin sisters?" He inquired, another body making it's way into the scene while the Doctor continued, "Any reason why you’re calling the male population of the north?" "Indeed, what about Basin sisters?" A smaller woman with pale streaks running down the length of her spine. Immediately the solider recognized the Doctor and his hound (though not their names), but the young woman? Something about her pulled at his lively mind, but was kept chained back. Finally he chuckled - a deep, throaty sound - and stood calmly before his blood. "I beg your pardon." a smirk stayed pressed on pink and white lips, when suddenly:

"...Crash?" Behind thick hair both seemingly small bear ears turned forward, massive snout swinging to get a better view of the girl. "I must say, good sir... You look far better than the last time we had crossed paths." His heavy skull tilted, cool, deep eyes flitting over her growing body. Still he couldn't remember just who this filly was, but something familiar ticked in his mind. Saliva strung between yellowed teeth while his bottom jaw propped open, readying an apology for not having remembered the female that she clearly recalled him, but once again she stole the show. "The name's Rhiannon. Do you remember me? I'm pleased to see that you're not dead."

Rhiannon? He rolled the name around on his tongue for a moment, eyeing the Doctor (who he will likely continue to dub as such) before the image of a tiny, soaked filly struck his brain like a lightning bolt. Rhiannon! She and her mother had willingly drug him from the center of a storm and into their home without even knowing the (then) bony and unappealing man. Again the smile reappeared, touching his cold eyes even, and the silver running along his body twinkled gaily in the sunlight. "Of course! You were only a tiny thing though.. I almost couldn't place you." Another throaty laugh separates his words, his thick tail brushing dust from the dry earth in the meantime.

Proudly, the stallion arched his thick neck, billowing mane and forelock hiding his face while he bowed respectfully at his previous (and hopefully, future) herd mates. "Brother.. sister-" he raised his crown once more, winking playfully at the girl, "Would you be willing to accept me back into the arms of your home? I am willing to fight for our kin until the end." While he spoke he looked between the two, a promise etched into his words.

"Speaking"
Lol, I love it. :3 Sorry I took so long to get back around, <3
@[d’Artagnan] @[Rhiannon]

texture credit
Please tag me in all posts.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
My hands are tied, my body bruised
she's got me with nothing to win and nothing left to lose

d’Artagnan recognized Rhiannon quite easily, the girl looked similar to her father in appearance… the old Weaver Crowley. The shade had not seen the sod in some time and he found himself wondering where he was with a yearning for a good old chat with an even older herd mate. It seemed the filly had grown considerably since last he saw her and in more ways than one. The pleasurable tones in her voice sent an uneasy shiver up his spine. Wasn’t this girl just a foal a few weeks ago? It made him rather scared for her future as that alluring tongue would only learn new tricks. He returned her nod with a friendly smile "If I said no would you listen to me anyway?" The Doctor chuckled with his gravely voice. He suspected she did not get her vibrant seeming words from her father anyway, at least, not from what he had last seen of Crowley. Who knew, if the time he shade hadn’t seen him the brindled guy might have gained an extensive vocabulary.

Moving on, she seemed to know the stallion and her voice uttered the name ”Crash”. However, as the girl hurtled on with her revelation, d’Artagnan noticed the stallion eyeing him as she spoke. Did he not remember her? The thought struck an amused cord within him and he had to try mightily hard to stifle a laugh at the prospective situation. Apparently one made more impression than the other. The Mender met his gaze steadily before raising a brow and shrugged a little. d’Artagnan would rather watch the poor lad squirm trying to recall her from his past rather than relieve him. It might not even be the case and, as usual, the blood bay was jumping to conclusions.

"Oh I don’t know, what do you think Rhiannon? Should we take him home with us? He looks a bit shabby" he looked the stallion up and down with exaggerated observation as he pretended to despair over him. The charade lasted a little while longer as he waited for the filly to reply before he laughed and gave the rouse away. "Well if you’re willing to fight to the end I suppose we can’t say no really" he flicked his tail and Aramis rolled his eyes, but the shade was already thundering on and quite enjoying himself. His gaze seemed to glitter in realization as if something had just come to him "oh! We’ve never really met have we, I’m d’Artagnan and the hound is Aramis".

@[Rhiannon]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon chuckled at d'Artagnan's teasing refusal, a deep, throaty sound of genuine amusement. There were only a small handful of stallions that she could stand to be around in this cumbersome world, and d'Artagnan was one of them. A privilege, certainly. "Oh, but you should know me better than that, my dear Doctor," she practically purred in response, molten golden and icy silver eyes flicking to where the blood bay stood, lips still upturned in that casually rueful grin, "When do I ever listen to being told 'no'?" Very rarely, just in case neither of them knew... Especially now, as she neared three years of age. My, what would her father think if he saw her now...?

Probably just go ape-shit crazy, like he did the last time we met. The thought was depressing, but Rhiannon did not let it affect her posture nor her facial expression. That was for another time.

Much to her eternal joy, and relief for not being made the fool, Crash did seem to recognize her after a few moments of what looked to be intense contemplation. The painted brute's words caused her to nod, pleased that he remembered her. It had been a long, long time ago... So very long, Rhiannon herself was honestly surprised to recall Crash Course's face. It wasn't like they knew each other very well... But he had left an impression upon her, even if he carried man-bits between his legs.

Cocking a hoof and tilting her head, the Weaver eyed Crash Course with a look akin to blistering judgement. He wished to return to the Basin, did he? Briefly she wondered just what had driven him from their frosty borders in the first place. Flicking a frosted tail, the brindled female entertained d'Artagnan's game and spoke, dual-toned eyes glinting dangerously and a Cheshire grin spreading upon dark, tainted lips. "Hm, well... He is quite shabby... Needs some more meat on his bones, I'm afraid, but I suppose he will do. And at least you aren't completely skin and bones like the last time we met, Crash, so you can be of use."

With that, Rhiannon grew silent, gaze dancing between the blood bay Doctor and the brutish form of Crash Course as they went about formal introductions. She didn't mind either way if they brought the broad beast home with them, and so would leave the decision up to d'Artagnan.

@[Crash Course]