the Rift

Salt Stains.

Eunomia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
At last. A welcome coolness was brought over her back as the filly finally reached the shade. Shadows were cast from the thick green canopy above, and dappled over her salt stained, sweat ridden hide. She had never been more grateful to encounter a forest in her young life. Eunomia stopped by large tree trunk, to scratch her itchy, irritated neck, and survey her surroundings a little more. The tree she happened on was actually one of the tallest in the area, and not like any she had seen before. It stood, magnificent. Towering above most other trees around it. They rang a bell at the back of her brain. Her mother had once told her stories of forests filled with huge trees just like this, redwoods, she thinks that's what they were called. The chunky, rough bark on the tree soothed the uncomfortable feeling under her coat for the time being, but she longed for a large lake where she could wash the dirt and sweat from her coat.
Looking around, she noticed a little blue jay sitting atop a lower branch of a white oak tree nearby, watching her with it's royal coloured head cocked to the side. It seemed just as inquisitive as her about the forest; at every sound the bird would shoot it's head from side to side, eager to learn the source of the noise. Before the unicorn could get any closer to the bird, it flew off in the direction of another call, perhaps that of it's mates? Curious as she was to find out, Eunomia knew she had to press on in search of water and plants that weren't poisonous so that she could actually eat.
And so she did. Continuing on over the dry hard ground, under the comforting shade of the lush green forest canopy. It seemed even here she couldn't escape the annoying buzz of flys and other insects which apparently only had one purpose in life: to irritate. She was constantly flicking her tail around hindquarters, trying to swat away the nuisances. As for the ones that preferred to be around her face, there was hardly anything she could do. While she shook her head and made her best efforts to swish her forelock across her head, the thick part of her mane was mostly stuck to her forehead and face with sweat, much to her frustration. Her tiny horn was also hidden beneath this mess of a mane. She prayed to the Gods, any that would listen, that she would find water soon, or even someone who could guide her to water. The forest, while incredibly pretty, seemed to go on forever to the small filly.

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

Ardere seemed very interested these days in the Threshold and all of its inhabitants. Strange, really, considering how Ardere was a creature of the sea and not of the forest. But, Laedere could only assume it was because such ecosystems were so foreign to the young, floating… aquatic animal (yea, no, she still didn't understand how this worked) that such strange things were only a source of amazement.

Today, Ardere was focusing on somersaulting between trees and then weaving in and out of branches. Laedere was simply ruffling her wings and continuing to trek onward, moving deeper into the forest and laughing at her floating-dolphin in the meantime. Her eyes flickered back and forth, searching for any possible newcomers. It was only right that she use her endurance to assist in bringing in new members. That, and she wasn't quite sure of what it was that she was going to end up doing inside of the Falls. And, coming out to the Threshold and meeting newcomers also gave her new avenues to spin stories about for the children.

Alas, what she stumbled across today was one similar in height to her. But, she does carry the same feathering that linked to the more avian lineage of the pegasi that were so abundant in Pompeii. Still, she pauses her movement with a wide berth between the other mare and herself before Ardere comes to hover, as per usual, at Laedere's side.

"Salutations," Laedere starts, bowing her head in a respectful gesture before allowing a few more words to tumble forth from her crown. "Mine name is Laedere. Might I be of assistance to ye this exquisite morn?"

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

@[Eunomia] -- let me know if you'd like to be tagged each post; no need to tag me ^^
And, of course, welcome to Helovia <3

Coding || Image Credits

Unregistered
Thoughtful eyes were pointed towards the semi transparent canopy above while the filly walked on over the forest floor. The young Unicorn was hoping to catch a glimpse of birds through the gaps in the leaves, with the thought in mind that one of them must be flying towards water. It was when she caught a brief glimpse of a bird overhead, that she also caught the scent of another equine nearby. Instantly, her dark nostrils flared, she was excited to finally meet someone new after so long, and even more excited at the possibility of the stranger leading her to water.
She heard the Pegasus before she saw her. The sound of soft ruffling feathers was one she had not heard for a long time, but was oh so familiar to her. The last time Eunomia could recall seeing a Pegasus must've been just before her father had left her previous herd, it seemed like a lifetime ago to her. However, this new mare was like no other Pegasus she had seen before. Had the mare been a little darker in colour, her hide would remind Eunomia of the white oak trees that they were both surround by. While the markings and tattoos decorating the stranger's light, cream pelt were totally mesmerizing to her, she couldn't ignore the hole in the mare's large wing, and the bloodied bandages bound around the bone and over her neck. She tried her best not to stare, but she was very curious about the hole. Can the poor mare still fly? she wondered silently. She imagined it would be a great tragedy to be born a Pegasus, and know the thrill of flying, only to be doomed to a flightless life however many years later.
She was also very inquisitive about the Pegasus' companion. It was unlike anything she had seen or even heard of before! What a strange little creature. The mare introduced herself in the most polite manner she had ever heard anyone talk, not even her own mother (who insisted on courteousness when speaking) had even spoken like that. In an attempt to return the respectful sign, the Unicorn dipped her head low, letting her mane fall forward, and introduced herself. "Good day, my name is Eunomia" she raised her head back and smiled slightly "and well, I'd be most grateful if you could maybe direct me to a source of water? It doesn't even have to be a lake, even a small creek would do," she paused and chuckled a little "as you can see, I'm in quite a state" she said, gesturing to her dirty and sweaty body.

[No need to tag me abba, thanks though :3 and thank you! I can tell I'm going to enjoy it here!]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A voice floated over to them, Arah and Wynter paused in their movements. The snowy griffin rested beside her bonded, both mare and griffin had been silent since receiving the news from The Reaper's son. Where they up to greeting another...perhaps recruiting another to The Basin? Only time would tell...the doe should at least give it a try. Pushing through the bushes and navigating their way through the trees, Arah arrived upon the two mares her eyes darted between them both before coming to rest upon the grey mare with darker spots decorating her body. She was pretty, with an elegant body and soft ivory hair that eventually faded to brown. As Arah's eyes traveled over the mare's body, she came to inspect the young mare's face. Through the hairs of the young mare's forehead Arah spotted the one thing that would grant this creature into The Basin, a (rather small) brown speckled horn. It was actually rather cute. Next Arah inspected the great winged beauty beside her, whose body was decorated with the most unusual colours! Stunning greens where splashed onto her coat in a most unique pattern Arah had would have no issue calling this mare 'one of a kind.' As for the mare's companion...what on earth was that thing? She had never seen one before...

Nodding to both she firstly introduced herself. "Many blessings to you both." Smiling she turns to the decorated mare first. "I am Arah, of Aurora Basin and this is Wynter my bonded." While Arah had studied both of the mares, Wynter had remained tucked close to the doe's side, not making a peep. Now Arah turned to the winged mare beside her, the one she assumed she had overhead before...Laedere. "That is a most fascinating creature...what is it?" The fae princess' hymn was filled with wonder and curiosity. At the mare's request for water Arah smiled, she had taken two other new comers to a stream before. "I know of a stream not too far from here. If you would both care to follow me?" Turning she began to lead the way over to the stream that the doe had quickly become rather well aquatinted with. As she arrived at the stream the doe turned and looked over her shoulder to see if the other two ad caught up. "The heat's made it shrink up considerably, yet it shall still be able to provide us with drinks." Dripping her own face into the warm water the doe took a grateful gulp.

Welcome to Helovia!!
Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hidden Account
Laedere
❈ when you go home everything looks different ❈
Aye. The stares started. She had thought that she would be accustomed to the looks by now. The way that everyone seemed to try and peer at the hole 'nonchalantly' or even giving up and blatantly glaring at it. She couldn't change it, and it seemed as though all pegasi couldn’t understand why something such as this would have happened.

Alas, the only one who seemed to understand, at this point, was Africa. Still, she supposed that she was prone to the same thing. She still couldn't understand her floating, aquatic companion and she was trying to understand just why exactly this mare was lacking feathered appendages. Still, it was the other mare's voice that brought Laedere's attention back to the present. The other mare gave her name, Eunomia, after having bowed as well. There is a gentle smile that curves across the pallid mare's face as she notices the tiny horn upon Enomia's cranium.

The conversation shifts, though as she asks about being directed to a source of water, offered a laugh, and then gestured to her sweat covered bodice. As Ardere shot off towards where the water was (of course, have already scouted these locations out if only to find a moment to splash Laedere with the cooling liquid), Laedere went to answer only to pause at the sound of hooves against the forest floor. The other mare gave blessings and then announced herself before asking what the creature was that had looped around long enough for introductions before actually starting off through the trees. She said that she knew the way to the stream and started to lead the way, Laedere's limbs moving quickly and easily after the other mare after offering a reassuring nod toward the exhausted mare. "Aye, the elixir ye talks about shan't be far off," Laedere says, eyes flickering easily back toward the ivory mare before adding "Ardere, mine flitting dolphin, hast been to this one just prior."

Upon arrival at the river, Laedere took a gentle sip, stretching out her wings before ruffling her feathers once more. The forest was always… constricting. While she didn't have claustrophobia, there was still a definite hatred of being land-bound. She was self-conscious of the hole in her wing, though, and so as she stretched them out she did so quickly - easily snapping her right wing back against her barrel to attempt to hide some of the damage. "Mineself hails from thee 'Hidden Falls'. Mine personage twas an endowment of sorts from thine God Terrane… Mineself believes ye's pseudonym for him to be 'God of the Earth'? I shan't understand why I was presented with Ardere, but twas gifted thereafter thine cleanse…"

Aye, she still had no clue what to call this. A pause, as her ears flicker back toward the newcomer, hoping that the stream is sufficient. "If ye yearn to be sodden, Ardere can aid in wetting ye's bodice?" A gentle smile is offered as Ardere did a few backflips, showing off in the air around them. "And if ye are seeking for a dwelling or supplementary counsel mineself might be of assistance in ye's endeavours," a delicate offer - hopefully one that wouldn't scare off the mare who was new to Helovia. Aye, Laedere could offer quite a few answers about her herdland, and that of the Throat - though she knew little of this 'Basin'. She had gathered quite a bit about the Edge as well, during her time with Fig. Yes, if only she fully knew the relations. Oh well, she could only hope, now, that this trek would not be wasteful.

<3

Coding || Image Credit

Unregistered
Eunomia wondered if Laedere had noticed the miniscule horn that sat upon her forehead, the only featured that defined her as a Unicorn. Sometimes she thought it may as well not even be there, the amount of times it hadn't been noticed by new friends was laughable. However, judging by the flicker of pupil-less eyes towards her forehead and a slightly upturned mouth, Eunomia guessed the pale mare must have noticed. Almost as soon as she'd mentioned the water, the fish like creature that was happily floating in the air next to it's winged friend sped off, diving through the trees and over branches, presumably (and hopefully from Eunomia's point of view) towards a water source.

Eunomia was about to inquire about the creature when her ears quickly flicked in the opposte direction. Another mare appeared, a Unicorn, but not at all similar to her. Great antlers sprung beautifully from behind her ears where her long, silvery mane started, and didn't stop until it reached the ground. Her delicate body almost seemed to glow in the places where sunlight had managed to escape from in between the lush canopy up above and was cast over the mare's milky coat. As her eyes fell over the other Unicorn's body, Eunomia began to notice the scars and dents and scrapes that littered the otherwise pristine coat. Yet, she tried to ignore the wounds, dragged her eyes away and gave a warm smile at the mare. "Thank you, Arah. My name is Eunomia, and that would be very helpful." She then noticed the white Griffin, Wynter who stood closely to her bonded. Eunomia had only seen a Griffin a few times, briefly, walking with a stallion from her former herd. The speckled mare was simply facinated.
Deep in thought, she only just heard the Pegasus say that the aforementioned stream was not too far off. As they walked, Laedere also mentioned that her companion was a dolphin. Eunomia was instantly curious to find out more, but felt now was not the time to ask. As inquisitive as she was, the thing that dominated her thoughts was getting to the water source as fast as she could.

And there it was. Arah was right, it wasn't as big as Eunomia had hoped, but she was most definitely not turning it away. She briefly inspected the water, then gulped down as much as she could. The fleabitten Unicorn was filled with gratitude for the kind strangers as she slugged down the water. Pausing for breath, the mare straightened up in time to see Laedere pulling her damaged wing sharply back into her side after stretching it out. She felt a pang of sympathy for her. It seemed from the movement that Laedere must just expect to be judged for the hole there, everywhere she went. She gave the Pegasus a smile as she began to talk more about herself and her dolphin companion. The mare must have been special to receive a gift like a dolphin from the God of the Earth himself, it amazed Eunomia. She swished her tail slightly to shew away the flies that seemed to love irritating her in every way possible. Eunomia was so sick of feeling filthy, she jumped at the offer of being soaked by the Ardere. "That would be incredibly helpful, thank you!" she said, chuckling slightly at the flying dolphin showing off in mid air.

The offer that came next was almost too good to be true. "Really, you really think I'd be welcome in your herd?" she asked, in slight disbelief. The thought of joining a new herd was daunting. The filly had never been in a herd without her mother, it would be a hard change for her, but perhaps, she wondered, for the best?

[Thank you Frostie!]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Next Laedere filled in the new mare about her home and it's god. The doe waited and listened, they were both here to recruit and one of them would be going home empty handed...unrewarded for their efforts. Arah laughed as they splashed in the stream, preferring to watch from the side lines. Wynter was now beside her, she watched the antics completely unimpressed by the ridiculous show. It was funny just how different their personalities where, the griffin was a grumpy brat who preferred to judge rather than help. Arah was a friend to all, even when her own heart was breaking she could find a smile to lighten up the mood. "I think you'd be welcome anywhere." Stepping forward Arah watched the mare quietly for a moment, "including my home, Aurora Basin." Arah smiled as she announced her home, eager to return to it. There she had always felt safe, she didn't want to be out here, exposed fir much longer. "Our patron is The God of The Spark, we live in the north...the coldest part of Helovia."

The doe tilted her head to the side as she lapsed into silence for a moment studying the two creatures before her with great interest, wondering whose home the mare would choose to go to. "If you're unsure about which land you'd like to live in, you'd be most welcome just to visit us." Arah didn't need to visit when she had made her choice, she was faced with the choice of Aurora Basin or The Windtossed Foothills (as The Hidden Falls was known as before the change.) Choosing The Basin had seemed natural, her kin was there and with them she should reside. Yet this didn't made the decision for others, it was interesting to see how pasts and personalities changed decisions for some.

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

@[Eunomia]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hidden Account
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

The pair was quite intriguing to be around. The way that they moved and how they seemed to interact. Aye, the young one instantly moved toward the water, gulping down as much of the cooling liquid as she could. Alas, the mare also seemed to catch onto Laedere's wing snapping back against her hide before the younger, non-winged one offered her a gentle smile.

When offered to have Ardere assist in covering the mare in the cool liquid that was nearly impossible to accomplish, the other mare laughed and accepted it. Ardere, instantly, stopped somersaulting in the air and dove straight into the water source - using her fins to spray the water toward the mare in an attempt to drench her pelt. Alas, upon hearing the offer for a home it was a shot of surprise that filled her features.

But, before Laedere could respond to the mare, it was Arah who had said something. She spoke of being accepted anywhere and listing off the Basin as her own home. "Aye, ye shan't be rebuffed due to ye countenance," It was a quiet phrase, but she hoped that the look on her face and the way the sweet tones had slid off of her lips would only continue to instill some edge of confidence in the mare before her.

Still, Ardere finished up at the water before floating back over toward Laedere's side. Aye, she still couldn't quite understand just why it was that her little friend was always so hyper, so happy, so excited.

ooc goes hurr.

Coding || Image Credits

Unregistered
Instantaneously the aquatic creature lunged towards the little stream, then back out, using her tail fin to splash the water up towards Eunomia's dusty coat. It sent a little shiver down the spotted filly's spine when the first cool droplets hit her stomach and side. It felt like forever since she'd felt the splash of rain or water on her back, and it brought her instant relief as she let out a long, drawn out sigh. Eunomia most definitely felt a whole lot cleaner than she did before already, even though Ardere had only managed to soak some of her body so far. The sound of going back to Laedere's homeland was becoming more and more tempting every second that the filly thought of submerging herself in a cool lake or pond (which she presumed Laedere's herdland would have?).

Before the green splattered Pegasus had time to respond to Eunomia's question, Eunomia found her ears flicking towards Arah, who quickly jumped in. She returned a smile after (another?!) offer to join a homeland. While thankful, she considered what it would be like permanently living in the coldest region of Helovia's lands, the comment didn't exactly sell it to her. Yes, the thought escaping from the heat was incredibly appealing, however, how long would the coolness of the Aurora Basin be a luxury for? When Frostfall rolled round as it always does, would she be able to stand the cold? She'd never really had to endure extremely low temperatures up to now, and would she want to for the whole time of being in the herd? Even if she did visit, how could she know she could withstand the coldest nights there?

Eunomia's pondering was interrupted by a few drops of water accidentally landing on her muzzle. The speckled filly snorted and pulled her head up a little in shock, before realising what happened and trying to stifle a laugh, covering it with a little cough. She wanted to try to act serious and grown up about this situation, so shook and ruffled her dusty mane and tried to listen. Laedere reassured her a little that she wouldn't be rejected just because of what she was. It fascinated her, the way the mare talked. Eunomia mouthed a thank you to Ardere once she'd finished aiding her, unsure whether she understood it, then looked to Arah. "I'm very thankful for the offer, Arah, it's very kind" she paused, glancing to Laedere then back "but I think it's best if I go with Laedere." flicking a few flys away from her tail she turned her head towards the Pegasus "If, that's okay with you, of course?"

[apologies for the very late reply, it's been a weird few days for me haha]