the Rift

[OPEN] Eye-So-Pee-Ah

Brigand Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I don't know what I am doing, wandering from Mum, but she is all I know at this point, other than that midnight raven of a father I have.
Or, at least I think he's my father. Mum sure doesn't act like it.

Anyways, I've been thinking of doing this for a little while now, getting away for a little while. To have some time to myself. I told my Mum I would be over "there" peeing. I normally wouldn't say when I had to go, but I still didn't want her to worry anyway.

So I'd wandered off in the other direction, and landed in another forest, no where near where I am supposed to be. No where near the lake, the secret grove. I wish I hadn't gone this far, hadn't thought of the dream that I was brave. I was a coward for being scared now. Anyone else, -well, who wasn't a coward anyway- would have just kept going. I only stopped and stared up at the trees that only partially covered the sun from my hide. The light had blinded me time and time again, and had I not gone into the water that my Mum ever-so-kindly offered up, I might have been a crisp about now.

Sighing, I walk a few unsteady steps forward before I drop to the ground. Stay where you are. I can't! I don't want to, I just...I don't know anymore. I shouldn't even be here, and yet, here I am, being a coward. A lonely coward that doesn't know where to go, and what to do. "Help?" I called, and I meant it. "Please help me!" I said, a bit louder. I don't know if I sounded like I was crying wolf or really asking for help, but I hoped it was the latter.

"I don't know where I am, so..." what were those words she used again...? "Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

ooc hi Aud! we talked in your plot thread, and I have been a bit delayed, but I got the post up! @[Isopia] I hope this is okay. (And, I've kinda been obsessed with American Horror Story for the past month, so...:3)
Brigand
Wishes are all we are
credits :: table

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
<style>.forest::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 2px;} .forest::-webkit-scrollbar-track {background-color: #fff;} .forest::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-color: #000000; border-top: 10px solid #fff; border-bottom: 10px solid #fff;}</style>

The girl was in her raven form. It was easier this way. Although many (almost all) of those in the Edge knew that it was she who flitted in the skies on blackened wings, they seemed to leave her alone more this way. The girl preferred it.

She was clearly no normal raven however - her body was larger than most birds - and her face retained the skull markings that she bore in her regular form. Most ravens also didn't have large golden eyes the way that she currently did, either. Gliding effortlessly on the breeze, the girl escaped her mind for a while, allowing herself simply to glide. She closed her thoughts to the philosophical musings that she so often found her time dedicated to, and simply was.

Until she heard a noise.

Looking down, her bright gaze focused on the quad-winged pegasus child. Clearly the boy below was in some sort of distress. As the demi-child listened, she became more and more sure that the younger one was lost. Aren't we all? she mused coldly as her black avian body circled lazily lower. "You do know where you are." She responded, her melodic but distant voice coming from the beak of her raven form. "You're right where you are. You aren't lost. You're here. Just because you don't know where here is, doesn't mean you're lost." The girl chuckled to herself, finding her puzzling comment amusing. Clearly she didn't realize that the boy was likely not looking for a witty conversation, but rather directions.

The girl often got things like that wrong.

Gliding lower, she landed upon a tree branch. Her claws hooked around the wood as her black feathers ruffled against her avian sides. The demi-girl's bright golden gaze peered down at Brigand, waiting to see if the youngling would notice her in this form, or if he would instead be looking for some sort of equine-creature.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Unregistered
I wonder why I even said that. I sounded so weird, so scared. I didn't even know if it made sense about now, all I could think of was that I was alone, and...

that I was alone. I panic, my insides shrieking, they want to become outsides; I won't let them. A sad sound escapes my lips, and I have no other choice than to bow my head in a new silence.

I look up at a voice, it's a raven, and before I can notice it's eyes and the way it is different from an actual raven, I freak, hustling back, away fro it, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, but then again, it's always been there, I'm just more aware of it right now.

The thing made it's way from the sky to a branch in the trees, where I could see it, and it wouldn't be moving. Something of a raven, though I didn't get closer to see. It wasn't something I really wanted to touch necessarily. "Will you hurt me?" I ask, my eyes scanning over the bird once more, noticing more and more - it's size and markings, and it's eyes. It's eyes were simply gorgeous, though examining them was low on my list because more important things were high on my list- and I couldn't have that first anyway, it seemed dangerous to stare into such beautiful eyes. Like they could hypnotize me or something.

I'd hardly heard her puzzling answer to my question, feeling slightly embarrassed at my earlier reaction, I took a few steps closer. "The name's Brigand, hi." I say with a nod of my head and the folding of all my wings at my sides. They had been stuck out all scared -like a scared cat- mum would say.

Mum, she looked like me. She had so many things like me except for her voice and her looks...but she wasn't like me. This bird's voice sounded like mum's - and I couldn't help but notice that she was smart, either. I awaited a expected thoughtful reply. Perhaps it would just fly away, and I would never see it again, but something in her tone of voice told me she felt like staying, maybe messing with me before she took off. "Confusing words aren't my strong suit." I say, and I mean it. If she was going to speak in riddles, I was out.

I don't notice it, but my fear from before was gone, and I was open, and clearly vulnerable, and it was different, I was around someone I didn't know, yet jumping into conversation.
Maybe I was talkative in my former life.

"Speech."
Brigand
Wishes are all we are
credits :: table

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
<style>.forest::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 2px;} .forest::-webkit-scrollbar-track {background-color: #fff;} .forest::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-color: #000000; border-top: 10px solid #fff; border-bottom: 10px solid #fff;}</style>

The girl watched the boy scurry backwards, her gaze narrowing curiously. In this form, the 4-winged pegasus was much larger. He obviously had nothing to fear from a bird...Unless of course he knew who she was somehow. Then perhaps he would have a reason to be afraid. As he asked whether she would hurt him, the girl-in-bird-form shrugged. Ambiguously. "I might hurt you. Or I might not. I don't know, I can't see the future." She replied, her voice very matter of fact. She didn't grasp the concept that his question was likely very contextual, with an un-articulated constituent. He probably meant, Will you hurt me right now, whereas the girl interpreted it as a general statement. Perhaps later in life she would hurt him, she didn't know.

"Hello Brigand." She replied, her blackened skull twisting as she listened. The boy said he didn't like confusing words, which in turn confused the girl. Had she said something confusing? She hadn't meant to. The girl found it hard to understand that everyone didn't think the way she did - they didn't make the connections she did or think nearly as quickly. Sighing, the girl-bird shrugged. The differences between her and the rest of the world were becoming more and more apparent, and the girl was getting more and more used to trying to deal with it.

"So why are you here? In the Edge? That is where you are, by the way. Now you are even less lost than you were before - because now you know the name of where you stand." She elaborated, trying to be helpful, though was uncertain as to whether or not she really was being. Still, she didn't understand how this child could just be here, alone and lost, without any idea of where he was. Did he just .. wander up into the mists and fog? For what purpose? Looking down at his four sets of wings, she silently wondered if they made him feel different. The girl had four horns in her normal form, but they were never really much of a problem. That was the least of what made her different.

Image Credits

Unregistered
I don't want to know why she has such a confusing brain.
She was born that way, I guess.
My mother was always simple, like a rose statue in a rose garden covered in tulips.

She was asking me why I was here, and then stating that I was even less lost than I had been before. Well, I guess she was right on that one and I wasn't to argue, but I felt an odd, strong urge to. "I don't know..." I mumble to the bird, and I am now comfortable, like I am talking to my mother. Which of course I am not, but it feels like it because she is all who I talk to, no one else really. "I mean, I just found my way here alone. Like, an adventurer!" I say, my voice skipping off pitch and higher than it should be. I guess I just get a little exited at times..

"Why are you here?" I ask, though I'm not all the suspicious. I honestly could care less. I just wanted to know how she could speak, but - polite questions first! I Smile and send her a friendly look. I wasn't going to maim or kill her, and it looked like she already trusted me a bit, so I supposed we could be friends. Well, only if she agreed with it too. I did. I wanted a friend and so far I've only got three.

Three great friends that I will have forever and ever and ever! Well, maybe. I know that Death can sometimes take them away on a vacation to the outer worlds, but I've never met Death, so I never got a chance to ask him where he takes his subjects. I hope I don't, because I want to stay here, talking to this raven, and being with my mother and Leliel.

~@[Isopia] getting back into it, sorry for the horribleness and shortness!!

The girl could understand the desire to adventure. After all, setting off into the unknown was what brought new information. Without courage and strength of mind, nothing new would ever be stumbled upon. Still, as she peered down at the odd boy, something told her he wasn't looking for new information. Adventure, yes. Maybe he meant something else by it.

"I live here." She replied simply, peering down through great golden eyes. "I was born in the World's Edge. " Suddenly that seemed like a very stupid reason for being here. So what if she was born here? What did that have to do with anything? She could go anywhere she wanted - where she was born didn't tie her down. Especially now that she didn't require supervision or aid from anyone else. Sighing to herself, she glossed over this mental argument.

"Does your family have four wings like you do?" She asked, her mind now thinking of Erebos and how his image mirrored that of his kin. The girl was starting to learn more about genetic traits, and while certain things were not passed on, things like limbs and ligament placement seemed to be. The girl would bet that the boy would answer yes - his parents likely had four wings as well.

As she waited for his answer, she realized that ... genetics couldn't be the whole story. After all, her mother was just an equine - the only thing the girl had inherited from her was the odd blood-splattered paint markings that dotted her stomach and neck. Everything else had come from her Father. Was it magic? Or were his genes merely superior? If that was the case, was it magic that made them superior?

Image Credits