the Rift

cherry bomb !!! -- hotaru challenge

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
It had happened one night when I found myself tracing my lips over wounds on an alabaster bodice, confusion dancing across my features as I wondered where they'd come from. But the question needed not be answered, for I already knew. She was the one who had snatched my silver laurel from me, slipping away into the shadows with a wicked grin and a sickening feeling of accomplishment. She would pay for her mistakes; I would spill her blood across the earth and make her beg for forgiveness. If I would not cower any longer, I would fight for what was mine.

My stomach churns with rage, dark brows narrowed as I soar above the frigid Steppe, flakes of snow catching in my mane and the tips of my feathers as I glide. I've just reached the Basin, spiraling close enough to the edge of it, praying that she was here. "Listen here you strawberry bitch! You! You come back here and return to me my armor or I swear to the gods you'll pay! Find me at the Veins of the Gods in two days’ time you coward!" The bitch attacked Aurelia, my angel, my sweet and pure golden muse. She hurt her. She stole something from me, and now I want it back. I will break her with the white hot rage that fueled me, my muscles tense and teeth clenched as I propelled myself away, towards the Veins.

I flew for a short few hours with Yseult at my side, her dual wings flapping frantically as she kept up with me. My wings angling as I gracefully descend onto the stone bridge to stand, teetering for a moment before finding stability. My hooves sparked and jumped, red lightning rising from them as they collided with the cold stone. Yseult lands (not so gracefully) upon my withers, a screech falling from her lips as she folds her wings and jumps upon my neck. Once she found a comfortable place to perch, I shuffled to the shrines, eyeing the fractured stones with disappointment. I wish we could try to repair them, to make them appear new again. The grass that lined the edge of the dirt paths tickled my hocks, whispering as a gentle breeze blew through. I pray the gods will not watch the thief and I battle, and turn their backs to instead admire the children they had let loose upon the earth.

With a gentle huff I turn myself away from the shrines, settling for a patch of tall grass to lie down in for a while. I will rise soon, and wait ever so patiently for the mare that has my prize. Closing my eyes I drift asleep, longing for Aurelia to fill the cold that crawls up my spine as the night wears on. As I lie curled up on the ground, Yseult settles upon my back to preen herself as I doze off.

I awake as the heat of Tallsun washes over me, anxious and weary as I realize I will soon be facing my opponent. If she wasn’t as cowardly as I had thought and actually rose to my challenge. Nonetheless, I would not spend all my energy racing around frantically out of pure worry. I inhale deeply as I rise, shaking debris from my body as I move forward, continuing to breathe periodically with my eyes shut tight. I can do this, I can kick her ass. I’ve got this, I just have to remember some basic things. Don’t expend all your energy immediately, don’t try any daring feats, keep your wings tucked for as long as you need. Use your magic, Yseult too... I repeat these things as I breathe, crimson hooves teetering on the edge of the Veins before backing away. My heart pounds anxiously despite my breathing and my stomach gargles angrily, ranting about its need for food. Ambling forward to nip at the drying grasses, I chew solemnly on the plants while I plant strategies, praying I was hefty enough to knock this thief to the ground and easily show her who exactly she was messing with.

I pace back and forth the rest of the afternoon, swooping down to the ocean just before the sun sunk too far beneath the horizon to bathe myself, rising back up with a sleek coat, my body cooling as I settle upon the bridge and await the sleuth’s arrival.
"talk"
-- ooc -- destry is challenging @[Hotaru] for her armor !! also please tag me in your replies !! and would you like to be tagged ??
wc -- 746
attack -- 0/4 ( you first ?? )
closing defense -- 0/1
setting -- veins of the gods, the stone bridge. night time, no moon in the sky ( new moon bitchachos ) so only the blue lava/stars for light. temperatures are higher around ( since theyre around lava ). very dry, not too humid.

art by ducky -- table by wanda

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Per the guidebook, you must wait 1 week after the conclusion of a challenge to challenge the same character again.
Hotaru is safe until 3/28/15