the Rift

// It's a new adventure

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

The quiet footsteps of an ordinary looking stranger leave no echo, no whisper through the dark woods. In the night time he comes like a shadow, the darkness swallowing him whole. There is nothing remarkable about him, but the gold bands that decorate his legs or the scars that mar his body. He moves through the forest without stopping, not resting, not seeking shelter. His travels have been patient and he retains the energy he started out with. He's sure that someone will notice him in the forest and try to invite him to their home. Isn't that how all new lands work? Some sort of greeting, recruitment process? But whether he will take up their invitation, he's not yet sure. It would be best, he thinks, to wait until the offers are made and weight the pros and cons.

He finally stops for a moment, to get his bearings, and try to notice any landmarks that may guide him in the future. But much of the forest looks the same, and he wonders if he might accidentally wander into someone's territory. Not that he would be opposed to starting a little something, but he'd like to do it intentionally. He looks to his right. Then to his left. Emerald eyes scan his surroundings as he makes note of the pool of water up ahead, the strange clearing he believes lies through the trees to the south. His tail slices through the air as he whips his flanks with it, finding himself a little annoyed at the sudden indecisiveness of where to go. He's been wandering at least a day through this forest and still stumbled upon no inhabitants. Not to mention he's still in the same damn forest. This new land must be vast, and so there must be a great many things to explore and devour here.

"I wonder who will be the first to appear." He muses quietly to myself, barely above a whisper in the eerily silent night. "Who will dare to make themselves known to me." A deep chuckle passes his lips. With an eidetic memory, no one will escape the legends of his mind.

360 words
Open

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

She prowls the Threshold, finding familiar soil beneath her hooves, smile twitching delightedly at the idea of a new recruit for her cause. Her eyes meet stickheads and skyrats alike, snorting and snarling in disgust at the filth that walks freely. She is here to build up her empire, to rise with her goal to wipe away such filth. Just spring cleaning, plain and simple. Her eyes flick back and forth as she slips between the trees, wearing a face of hatred and disgust as she works her way through the shadows.

In her sights, a perfect target. He appears agile, strong and well rounded. A true beast meant for the line of battle, no doubt. Colt sets herself on a course for him, a smirk playing out along her dark lips. Until she is close enough, she speaks nothing, watching and noticing he whispers something to himself before laughing. An odd one, but she cares only for his opinions on the wretched species that taint the world. She cared for his physical state, eyes dancing over his flaxen body with curiosity sparking in her silvered gaze.

Stepping into a beam of light to make herself known, she raises her chin, neck outstretching as she faces the much larger man head on. "Brother," she begins, nostrils flaring as she plans out her next moves. "I have come to take you home." A smile plays out upon her face, steel sights searching for some reaction to her words. She hoped he would agree to follow after her, to become a soldier of her empire.

Her thoughts are stopped, as she realizes home is a myth, a lie. There was no home, no one more than her to follow after. She gave a quiet sigh of frustration, brows narrowing as she thought of where she could escape. Surely there was some place secluded enough to hold her empire. Of course a herd could be overthrown, but it was only her for now, and she did not have the ability to down an entire group of horses on her own. Colt’s head remains high, chest puffed out as she tries to make herself appear strong, a wild, muscled beast set on cleansing the land of pegasi and the unicorns.
"TALK TALK TALK"
-- @[Diesel], --
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

DIESEL
Scream for Me

My ears slide back, swivelling to hear the footsteps of a stranger approaching. They're quiet, and emerald eyes gleam with suspicion. Her body steps out into a beam of light and into my view. My eyes rake over her, absent of sexual desire but completely full of analytical prowess. A plain equine like myself stands before me, and she takes no time in trying to tell me what to do, where to go. Her body is half dun, fading to black over her hindquarters and over her legs and face. What looks like blood spatter paints her leg, and my ears slowly swivel forward again, curious about her story. 'Brother.' 'You are not my sister.' 'I have come to take you home.' Oh, is that so? 'What home is that and what makes you think you have a right to order me around.' Of course I don't say these things, at first. Instead I stare at her and the little smile that sits on her dark lips, and I find that my facial expression begins to mimic hers.

She tries to make herself look impressive, or I guess that is what she is doing. Her head high but she still remains a smaller form than myself. Puffed up like a peacock strutting for a mate. How embarrassing. "I'm sorry, but if I recall, I left all my siblings behind many kilometres away, and you look nothing like Ravenna." No laughter, just a strange smirk across my lips. "If you don't mind me asking, but why should I come with you? What are the benefits to following you, young lady?"

269 words
@[Colt]
Sorry it's so short!

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

Moving forward, she reveals herself to the stranger, the potential recruit with the intent on taking him beneath her, using him to gain power among Helovia. He would be the beginning of something new. Excitement bubbled within her brindle figure, features remaining stone cold despite the trembling within her stomach. She wanted, she needed to take this man with her, to guide him into the ranks of her empire. She could not just be an army of one, nor run frantically through Helovia recruiting all the equines on her own. She was mortal, she grew fatigued and needed rest, she needed food, and time for herself. But for now, she would have to neglect everything but her slowly expanding (more like nonexistent) empire.

A frown creases her brow as words tumble from his lips; apparently what she said had been taken too literally within that thick skull of his. Her head falls, chest rising as she peers at the muscled bodice of the stud before her. "Fine, what would you prefer I address you as?" She huffs, lips twitching in a smirk, the corners of her lips shrugging upwards slightly as she peers at the ebony stag. He was a brute, tall and dark, quite a looker in her opinion. But she didn’t think he had the brains, as most tanks lacked, intelligence. They followed simple commands but did not have the minds to think of anything on their own. They were like big, stupid dogs in Colt’s opinion. They were good for nothing but raging through the battlefield with their maws dripping with spit and bodies slick with sweat and blood. They were pointless otherwise. But she wanted one, to keep one as a pet. How interesting that would be for her.

"Well, I can offer you a high position within my empire, a place for you to take as your own. A commander of battle, or maybe you believe you are better suited in the shadows?" She looks him over, wondering if such a massive beast would do so well hiding in the shadows and stalking through them to gather intelligence. Sleuths were light on their feet, slender in build and graceful, undetectable. This stallion was large, his build was slender but there were hunks of muscle layered upon his body, making him thicker and less lithe. "All you need to do is swear your devotion to the empire, aid in gathering members and spreading the word. You get to instill fear in the hearts of others, bring them to their knees, to ruin those whose blood is impure." Her stomach churns as she spits out acid, bubbling and burning on her tongue. Colt had heard similar words firing from the tongue of her father many times before, her knees nearly buckling beneath her as she realizes slowly she was becoming more and more like him. Shit, her steel gaze narrows onto the stallion, focused and devotion burning within her stare. She hoped he thought her offer was tempting enough for him. What more could she offer? Why not just throw her damned virginity in the pot if he wanted more than just a high position within her empire. Most men were into taking whatever the hell they wanted, so why not just give him that too? Surely someone would take it sooner or later, it was bound to happen.

"TALK TALK TALK"
@[Diesel]
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

DIESEL
Scream for Me

I stand silent as she answers me, and she smirks. She thinks me dumb, perhaps. I do not mind that assumption. It leaves me able to work my own agenda with much less suspicion. I do not answer her first question, instead letting her continue speaking. My green eyes are perceptive but my lips pressed gently together. When she begins listing her offers, I realize that she is not just interested in bringing me 'home', but desperate. Again, this works well enough for me. It leaves me at a greater advantage, with more leverage in this budding partnership. Commander of battle, a spy. Swear devotion, pester others to join our cause, instill fear? Only the last request is something I truly have interest in. Bringing fear to the hearts of those I meet is my greatest pleasure.

And so as she finishes, perhaps nervously awaiting my reply, my chapped, scarred lips part. The words that emanate from my chest sound so sincere, so genuine and enthusiastic. It does not matter to me that they are lies. "You may address me as Diesel." No bow of the head, no polite nod or gesture. That is not how I conduct myself. I continue with a simple, subtle smile. "I do not fight battles, and I do expect a position of authority." The smile fades as I prepare and finally recite my lie. "I pledge my undying loyalty to you and our cause of rooting out the infidelity and impurity among us, m'Lady." All seriousness across my face. "Lead on." And with that, I have pledged myself to death, fear, and destruction. I could not be happier.

314 words
@[Colt]