the Rift

[OPEN] this thing they call life, it sucks.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

There are a few times in ones life where the only reason they have to stand is because their lungs are still breathing. In her little messed up mind, these waves of emotions seemed to just crash over her whenever. This one, sadly, happening more often than not. Was it due to life? Or was it due to the self-inflicted pent-up anger she held for anything that had ever hurt her. Either way, it seemed that the level of her happiness was based on how much she was being used by those around her. A toy perhaps, is what could best fit into her actions. Little plastic arms and feet moved to the rhythm of those who were controlling it. Adventures and great deeds were spaced out ahead; it was a promising life. That is, until it is put back in its box to be saved for another time. There were chances for escape, but somehow without this occasional façade of valiant work, it was impossible for her to thrive. The monotonous days would build up the reservoir for happiness, storing the feelings of hope and accomplishment to be used in the wake of an inevitable drought. Needless to say, in the heat of summer, this drought seemed to be burning through more happiness than she had available. Her tank was running on fumes, and she did not know how much longer she would last. Was this a pity party? In a sense, yes, but this is so deeply ingrained in her being that without it, she never would’ve been Elsa in the first place. It is a bittersweet give and take, so it seemed. Yet the search continued to find happiness. Where exactly would she find it? Well, that was the great mystery to be solved. The temporary ones resided within her family. That little messed up unit of misfits who honestly were probably the least likely to be a comforting shoulder. She had Oxy upon occasion, but running her feelings off on him was not helpful. Everyone had his or her own set of problems. So in reality, no one but herself could be bothered by her own issues.

There were a few limited options to satiate this, one of them including just getting out. Watching the Falls melt into the distance away from her felt like a weight being pulled off her chest. The Falls had never done anything wrong; so maybe her problem was all this commitment. Should she have agreed to follow her leaders so blindly? Instead of living in this false fantasy, would it be better to just, go back to normal? The very questions were stuck on a broken record, replaying the same scratchy, vague answer every time. Eventually, this would become too much. She would need to decide sooner or later what she needed to do. This pretending took much more energy than she had intended.

Walking away and into the wilderness was something she had expected to help. Wasn’t it that in a time of need someone would fucking tell you what you needed to do to fix it? Where was this divine intervention that so many had claimed saved them in their time of need? The anger, it boiled. Her resentment towards good seemed to grow, while her frustration over the bad multiplied tenfold. Her direction didn’t seem to bother her, the north at least didn’t pretend. It was a harsh, but true place. The Basin was there, her home was somewhere over the sea, and lord knows maybe a few penguins lingered even further up. What did they all have in common? They treated her the way she needed to be treated (the penguins of course, remaining indifferent). The Basin had showed her the flaws in her ways, while her home had taught her what it meant to be an outcast. No matter how hard she tried, the whirlwind would always drag her back and remind her that this was against the very fabric of nature.

Eventually the hard, heated ground gave way to the chilling air. Its embrace was not welcoming this time, mocking was its greeting. It bustled around her like a hoard of disappointed onlookers. Rolling around underneath the dark clouds that threatened to cry over her degradation. Yet, she didn’t stop. Instead, she ran. The cold air eventually gave way to frosted ground. The sparse grasses covered in a thing layer of ice. They did not shine. They suffocated. The companion had even been trailing behind, realizing that in order for anything to change, she needed to figure it out herself. Their bond was quiet, not a word or emotion shared between them. He took to a far off tree, only keeping watch to make sure she did not do something she would regret.

Glancing at the ground, something shined dully, the colors and shape looking a bit too familiar for her taste. The blue and white flake looked degraded from lack of use. She ground her teeth as another notch of frustration brought her up even further into this whole mess. With a disdainful kick she flipped the object out of the grass. It’s gold chain and shape laughing with brightness as she looked upon in horror. Apparently even her past wanted to come back to join in on this “fun”. Maybe it was time to stop pretending, and to take it in stride. Reaching it down, she tossed the chain into the air, catching it on her nose before raising her neck to let it fall into place over her chest. It was cold to the touch. This may prove to be quite the interesting escapade.

"Talketh."
@[Mauja] So I just had her find her necklace in here too. Anyways, finally got something up!

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
[ I'm really sorry it took me this long to get to! ]

When your allegiance lays with none, you are free to roam—maybe even expected to. And when your heart is homeless.. you have even less reason to remain in the same place. The magnetic pull of his affection had dimmed with time, the fire having flared and gone out, but he knew that it was still there, hidden beneath all those layers of ice and snow and flesh. If she asked it of him, he would follow her to the ends of the earth, and do anything for her.

But as it was, he hadn't seen her for.. uhh.. a season? A while? And it had his heart growing empty and cold and the world desolate, lifeless, as if something was missing—that little ray of sunshine—and he suddenly understood what it.. maybe, could've felt like, when he disappeared for all those intervals of time and then just.. came back.

After one year.

Two years.

More. Who knew. How many times had he abandoned them and then just come back, as if he hadn't been away at all, when in reality he had left them alone? And if they had cared, like he thought they had, it would've been this same feeling, wouldn't it? But he didn't feel abandoned, or like it was her fault... He just felt as if something was growing colder.

So maybe what they mourned was not him, but the passing of a future.

Tallsun was in its prime, having gained its full strength and holding on bitterly in the face of shortening days and oncoming chill. The nights offered respite but the days were harsh and cruel, and Mauja had begun to think the cover of sweat upon his flanks was a permanent addition to his person. His tail washed in futility against his sides, generating a minimal breeze, and at some point he had just decided that he hated mainland summer and gone north across the isthmus. The ground was still a hard tundra beneath a soggy top layer of melted snow that turned to frosty ice the further north he came, hardy grass that was more like thin sticks poking up here and there. And while the sun beat down mercilessly, it wasn't quite as hot, and the breeze a little fresher, and life just a tad easier.

And as always, when you're trying to put your mind off something and fill your days with something that didn't remind you of that niggling emptiness.. you leap at your chances. Because as he trekked north, the owls riding the cooling breezes above him, he found something. Or rather, someone. It was a mare as pale as himself, pure feather wings stretching from her shoulders, her hair thick and long, falling in ice-blue waves. Mauja found his 'brows rising as he came closer, frosted hooves at home on these permafrost grounds. Aside from some very obvious differences, like race and physique, why, they almost looked like they could be related.

But that wasn't the most wondrous thing.

The most wondrous thing was the gentle snowfall coming down from the clear blue sky, falling soft and silent upon her and the ground behind her. "Snow," Mauja said in delight as he came within its range, little flakes spiraling down to melt upon his thin summer coat—and a moment later he laughed, a pure and gentle sound.

[ @[Elsa] .. I also had this moment of revelation: Mau/Elsa babies would look sexy. xD Anyway uhm this took me a while to respond to and what with the invasion, if you feel it's awkward to have this thread we could keep it short and then have another one once everything with the war is settled? Up to you, really :) ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here