the Rift

» bubble toes [open to all]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Wings flutter, nearly silent; a star dusted pelt is camouflaged by the real stars spotting the sky. Bright golden eyes twinkle as she floats among the stars herself, wrapping herself in them like a blanket. They are comfort. They are freedom. Her nares flare and inhale the deep earthy scents from below. This too is comforting- it is finally something familiar. Home.

Purple coated wings dip down as her slender figure descends towards the trees. The branches grab hold of her as she slips through the canopy, and she finds herself placing golden hooves on the ground more suddenly than expected. Irrydae stumbles, throwing her wings forward as the brush scrapes at her shins and her weight is thrown forward. A long sigh escapes from her lips and she shakes her mane, disgruntled. It's obviously been too long since she stepped foot in the Threshold- in Helovia. Lids close over bright eyes as her audits perk forward, listening to the night critters and breathing deeply, taking in the scents she has longed for for quite some time now.

"Why did I even try?" to look for you.. she murmurs to herself. It was futile. Pointless. A mistake, really. She might of had no friends here during the time leading up to her disappearance, but it was her home, her sanctuary. And she left for.... Her brows crinkle slightly. Most of the pain had dulled during her search, and her muscles were slowly starting to fill out again rather than being a breathing corpse, but the name still brought memories that stung deep. Irrydae releases the tension in her muscles, letting her wings spread and hang at at her sides, stars twinkling. She needs to be more guarded, not wear her heart on her sleeve. Focus on responsibilities, and not let distractions infiltrate those responsibilities. A time of change comes now - for better.

[ ooc ; IT'S SHORT AND SUPER ROUGH AND SOOO BAD I AM SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG but I swear it will start to flow better ((hopefully)) as I get back into it. AND PLEASE do not have your character hear what she said unless they have some crazy ass hearing magic, it was said to herself and crazy quiet. Otherwise, I hope I didn't scare anyone away and it's open to anyone!! ]

image credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
On my way back from an unsuccessful recruiting outing, feeling like a failure. It's not that I lost Antinanco to another herd, just that I lost him. If I'm lucky, he'll find us in the Falls all the same, and we'll have a charcoal and flame colored addition to our ranks. But for now I am returning to the Falls empty-handed. Walking alone, I hope that soon I will be with Damaris, and she will soothe my agitation. The sun has set and I walk in the darkness in silence. The stars above illuminate, but the canopy of the forest dims their effect. A large exhale makes my nostrils flutter. My hooves thud against the ground and my head is parallel to the ground, ignoring all life around me.

So it isn't really that surprising (or shouldn't be) when I nearly run into some stranger. I come to an abrupt halt and my head jumps up as I blink in shock. Strangely enough, the pegasus mare looks familiar. (At least I think so, in this shallow light.) But I don't know her name. I cock my head and clear my throat somewhat awkwardly. "Hi.. uh.. don't we know each other? I saw you in the Falls but, I don't remember your name." Should introduce myself, dumbfuck. "Sorry, I'm Rostislav. Legatus. Where've you been? Haven't seen you in awhile." I back up and give her some breathing space, reorienting myself with where she stands and where the appropriate 'personal bubble' is. I'm sure she didn't expect to be greeted this way, and I could have been more smooth, more polite. I'm just as bad at greeting old herd members as I am at recruiting. "I apologize.. I'm pretty shitty at conversation. Especially small talk." An awkward laugh. I should just go home, but now that I've started the conversation I suppose I should stick to it. Maybe she'll forgive me for my blundering.

WC: 322
Tag: @[Irrydae]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald
Archibald and Loretta moved through the forest slowly, a slow trot pulling them towards the Threshold. It had been so long since the pair had come to recruit they felt like foreign entities in a strange, strange land. Their duties as leads as kept them patrolling in the herdlands and accepting members there that had been brought back from the Threshold but the dedicated, loyal recruiters that already lived in the World's Edge. However, today, something pulled the Dauntless and his fierce bitch towards the towering forest of pine and oak. This pulling did not seem to be in vain, either, for a familiar sparkle of purple and brown flickered in the distance and both beings perked their heads up.

"Irrydae." Archibald breathed, his voice thick and full and sounding relieved. He stood still, his body squared up powerfully, and looked over his shoulder at the smaller, thick stallion. Archibald snorted some, giving no nod or other acknowledgement to his presence aside from the glance and snort. Turning his attention back to the star-laden woman, Archibald took a step forward. "I know some residents of the World's Edge that will be glad to hear of your return." Archibald spoke in reference to the remnants of The Grey that lived, scattered yet somehow together again, in the realm of the Edge. Ktulu, Lakota, Apollo, Murdock, and himself lived within the misty forest. Archibald was confident that the others would welcome back their seer with open arms and hearts, but would Irrydae do the same?

Archibald had not seen the star princess since he left the Windtossed Foothills, and since so much had changed. He had only heard whispers of the growing flame that was the affection between the pegasus and Evers. Archibald's brother was lost to the world--his position unknown. Archibald and Loretta had even tried to track the blue roan to no avail. Perhaps the once-diviner would know of his whereabouts, but it was a question for another time.

Archibald
Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me