the Rift

[OPEN] Bathed in Moonlight

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

Silver eyes blinked the haze of sleep away as the gold and teal colt rose. Ilios had taken to sleeping during the sweltering heat of the day, and roaming with the nocturnal. The odd sleeping pattern had a dual purpose; insured he would be left alone for the most part, and it was cooler. He was slowly drifting farther away from his family as he withdrew into himself. Sleeping away from home made the drift even deeper. How was he supposed to sleep when he knew his father could be looking for him. The young boy knew now he didn't want anything to do with the silver dappled stud. Making a face as if he had sucked on a lemon the colt stood lazily, shoving thoughts of Ciceron away. Pausing to stretch languidly he gazed around, he was between the World's Edge and the Hidden Falls.

He wondered vaguely where he wanted to go tonight. Golden ears pricked and his teal ivy masked face turned towards the Falls. He had never be there, even north, besides the Frozen Arch. Running a few steps towards the east he threw out his large silver and teal wings. Lift off was achieved easily as a cool breeze grasped the feather appendages. The dark sky embraced him warmly, almost lovingly. Stars twinkled over head, but the whole sky wasn't blanketed in their cold embrace. Massive black clouds were building slowly to the west, threatening to snuff out the twinkling lights.

Wings flapped hungrily enjoying the cool air, devouring the miles easily. Silver orbs sparkled, much like the burning balls of gas above, as the took in the scenery curiously. Wishing the ground shift to sweeping hollows and pounding water falls. The boy wanted to sweep lower and investigate, feel the cool water spray on his golden hide. Even at only a year old, he knew better. He could be seen as an intruder and attacked, or worse, taken home. Shivering at the thought he turned north soaring quickly away. After a several minutes a large clearing came into sight. Carefully he lowered his body to the ground, circling as he did so to ease the impact on his legs. Even so the force of landing sent a small shock wave quivering up his knees.

A deep breath told him how good the grass here would be, even if it was drier than he liked. Swishing his long ebony and alabaster tipped tail he lowered his horned head. Grazing silently he moved forward searching for a greener patch of food. His soft muzzle brushed something hard and cold. Pulling back quickly he backed up a few paces searching the grass for whatever he had poked. Warily he stepped forward again pushing the buffalo grass out of the way. Two glowing silver metal and spiked guards shimmered in front of him. "What are these?" He spoke aloud, unafraid of anyone hearing him. Even though there wasn't a soul around, he would have enjoyed an answer.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; Artorius and anyone else that wants to join!
Words; 499
OOC; Ilios just found his silver boots! The boots will be chained around his canon bone and glow silver. They have spikes in the shape of a circle on the front.
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
EREBOS
The lanky scion continued to grow at a merciless rate, long, gangly limbs prospering with little finesse or prowess. At the oddest hours, he found himself incapable of any elegance, floundering and stumbling about when his prior childish self had been proficient at roaming through heathen lands, boasting and ghosting and coasting amidst the wilds, the untamed regions, or even rough patches of ice. More recently, he’d taken to princely pouting and impudence, frowning at his longer columns and graceless pillars as they’d become spindly, uncoordinated things – and other moments he rested at ease, knowing he was one step closer to adulthood (and then that notion inspired a whole mess of complexities, because he yearned for power on one hand, and coveted his youthful glow and spirit with the other). The only times he truly felt graceful at all were the junctures and instances where he dashed across pools of water, the idle, restless, juvenile Poseidon without his trident, without his staff, merely occupying his time with conducting his sea court. He’d elongate his limbs across the vast currents, navigating imagined tempests and conducting various briny iniquities, splashing against the horizon, dreaming of potency, of friends gone forever (and then how the Sun God tempted him, told him not to dwell upon things he couldn’t have – so what could he have?), of vengeance that couldn’t be tamed until he’d managed to make it to his second year. Therein, the little caliph, with his sneers and his jibes and his charisma, stared against the bright moon, the vivid constellations, and wondered, pondered, of what was to become of him.

He may have mused for hours on end in some melancholic fashion, had curiosity and another’s voice not beckoned and chimed across the endless fields. Like a conniving wolf, because he had far too much of his father’s legacy lacquered in the folds of his mind, he slunk across the surface of the earth, a crouching serpent sidling, sinuous, making gallant attempts at silence as he followed the voice. Erebos could scarcely see anyone in the flanked, midnight oils, but the timbre of the possessor kept him snaking amidst the tall, enveloping grass, desperate to see what another wielded and possessed - what are these, indeed…only moments thereafter did his gaze narrow towards another, one he briefly recognized from some event or other, winged and staring into a patch of sod. Deciding it would be rude to continue his farce as a twisting, winding cretin, he made his essence known with an untamed bellow, jovial and chaotic. “Hello!” Then he nestled closer, saw distinction of gold and green, a horn embedded along his brow and feathers in between – “Did you find something?” The glint of his eyes displayed absolute intrigue, gleaming like a carnivore fledgling, while his words held the echoing embrace of an amiable, effervescent individual. “I can help, if you need it?” Quietly, he lowered his maw towards a blade of growth, enamored with its dry substance, for it’d spark and kindle much quicker in the summer’s blunt haze, and proffered one hazardous touch across its sanction, and without warning, it erupted into a brief blaze, a lantern-light in the veil of twilight.

@[Ilios]
Image Credit

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

Curious silver eyes looked over the glowing metal wondering how he could get them on by himself. Ears flicked back as the call of another drew his horned head up. Flicking his neck around slowly the recognition registered briefly. he had meet this colt once upon a time, when they had both been younger. He could remember their little competition over something, but he didn't care now. That was in the past and something had been at stake, his claim over this boots had already been made. If he wanted to fight over them, he would without a second thought, until then he would play nice. Instead Ilios took in his black pelt, odd skull marking, and snake like tail. 'Interesting.' Hitching up a smile he called back, his southern drawl seeping into his words, "Hey, have we met before?" There wasn't a name offered, so he would hold out on that, for now.

As the other drew beside him the boy turned back to his sharp prize. "Yes I found these glowing guards, for my legs." He was careful not to emphasize how they were his, well not to much anyway. Call him greedy if you want, but what's his is his only him could pick whom to share his spoils with, and who not to. Silver gaze flicked to blue curiously watching his expressions carefully. being careful to keep his posture relaxed he listened to his offered words before bobbing his head once or twice. With any normal maned horse this would have caused hair to fly everywhere, but his Mohawk only swayed for a moment before standing straight once more. Maybe by lighting the grass the black had hoped to startle the gold. Little did he know Parelia could light her whole frame up in blue flames. Instead of starting he smiled boldly, "Neat trick. I could use some help putting them on actually. Watch out though, those spikes are sharp." Surely the other would have found out, but it would be rude not to at least give him a warning.

Careful not to hit the metal or the colt, he stomped the ground down around his forelegs. This would make it easier on both of them, it wouldn't be fun trying to tighten them down with grass tickling your nose. Stretching his right fore out he waited for the other to help. "I'm not sure how to help you helping me, but I think if I keep my muzzle out of the way that would be best." A soft chuckle escaped his darker lips. It would have been quite comical for their horns to clash, but it would surely not help their already difficult task.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; @[Erebos]
Words; 449
OOC; Sorry this took so long!
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
EREBOS
Truly, Erebos should have remembered and recalled the colt from earlier days of failed tasks, where they’d been too cheeky, too brazen, too bold to understand the curls and coils of paradoxes. Offhandedly, as if the notion didn’t really matter, he bore minimal interest in the query, enamored and intrigued only by the boots and not the owner. “Maybe.” He shrugged briefly, then maneuvered his grass lantern closer, examining the wonder and awe of the newfound object. Inspired by their notion and purpose, his mind set off a wheel of questions and queries, though voicing none. Were they for protection? Safeguarding? Munitions? Crashing into an enemy and ensuring bodily harm? He thought Adelric might like them, because he’d found deadly items in the grass before (the sharpened needle, the threat of a prick across one’s skin), but they were not to be snagged and snatched away. The other colt had nothing to fear from Erebos; while avaricious at times, the child wasn’t about to snap out for something already claimed (or an object he had no want for – the guards, upon this current inspection, were not an ornament he craved, yearned, or coveted). Whether or not he had the ability to threaten, to devour, to consume the winged boy’s gadgets was another notion entirely, and he narrowed his gaze for a moment of quiet speculation, or to offer the briefest sentiment of treachery with a widening, Cheshire grin – but the moment soon died thereafter, becoming too intrigued and enamored with the passing instances and junctures. His fire cast an eerie shade upon the silver entities, shrouded them in laced potency, in devil-may-care potential, and remained, bright, vivid, effervescent, as the stranger agreed to further assistance. The lad raised his head slightly, speculating on the appeal, whether or not he should (to take back his offer simply because he could, swing across the rifts of temptation and mischief?), whether or not he could actually provide any other guiding hand, and shrugged again indifferently, holding his father’s signature nonchalance tightly in his features. Erebos’s head lowered again, inspecting the ties, the knots, the tethers and strings required to hold and ensure their stature remained on the beasts’ limbs, for it would be quite sad and disappointing to find something only to lose it so quickly thereafter. Placing his fiery blade of grass upon a larger stone, ensuring it wasn’t going to catch upon other elongated tassels and start an enormous blaze (he had no desire to be written as the child who set the Heavenly Fields on fire), he used its guiding light to sink his teeth around one strap, and tugged it sharply towards the right. Mouth full, he raised his eyes towards the opposing lad’s, and managed to muffle short spurts. “Like this?”

@[Ilios]
Image Credit